Forum › Notes From The Garden Of Lilies discussion

KuronekoNoMaid
Marisa-x-alice_c_487599
joined Jun 2, 2013

We worked off magazine scans, not volume scans for this series. Volume 1 ended with chapter 3. Volume 2 will only collect was has been released already and the yet untranslated last chapter, possibly add some special and afterword, but that's it. The series is over.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! It's a shame though :O

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

It's a shame too. This series was one of my favorites and had to much potential. ;_;

I eagerly await the last chapter's translation! =D

joined Jan 30, 2013

In chapter 6, Yuri states her mother was born and raised in Japan but her bio in the volume one afterword states that her mother is foreign. I'm guessing that it is either a mistranslation on either one or Atsushi changed that info for some reason or that Yuri was lying for some reason.

joined Apr 15, 2013

In chapter 6, Yuri states her mother was born and raised in Japan but her bio in the volume one afterword states that her mother is foreign. I'm guessing that it is either a mistranslation on either one or Atsushi changed that info for some reason or that Yuri was lying for some reason.

I think it just meant that her mother was not ethnic Japanese. Or maybe there is some ambiguity in the translation or something. I would bet on the former, though.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I think it just meant that her mother was not ethnic Japanese. Or maybe there is some ambiguity in the translation or something. I would bet on the former, though.

The translation is correct. He either had not characterized her mother further at that point in the series or it's because as Caucasian she would be seen as a foreigner by most Japanese, regardless of where she was born.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Well, I'm pretty sure that the only reason it was brought up in the bio in the first place was to explain Yuri's hair. So I'd agree the statement doesn't necessarily mean contradiction with the in-story setting.

In any case, always great when we get to see author's notes. Pretty interesting that Atsushi got scouted before having actually published yuri, I wonder if publishers find them via pixiv or something. Gotta admit I will be curious to see his thoughts after the conclusion in the second volume, though. For having provided a launch point for brand new yuri mangaka, I'm disappointed all over again about Tsubomi's closure.

Thanks again to YuriProject! The extra material is quite lovely.

joined Nov 27, 2012

I was kinda hoping for a new chapter but this is fine too. How often does this publish again? Bi-monthly?

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I was kinda hoping for a new chapter but this is fine too. How often does this publish again? Bi-monthly?

Doesn't matter. There's only one chapter left plus whatever extras are in the second tank.

Untitled2
joined Jan 31, 2013

i got scared when I saw "Afterword". like wtf! it ended already? O.o

good thing it was only for the 1st volume. phew

edit:

Doesn't matter. There's only one chapter left plus whatever extras are in the second tank.

okay. i take it back. T_T

last edited at Jun 12, 2013 9:11AM

Sakuratrick
joined Apr 9, 2013

That's not something you have the right to complain about. YP has caught up with the series and the next raw will be released in 2 weeks. After that it has to get translated, edited, QCed, and whatever else. It is also illegal for these people to get paid for their work, so it's their just their hobby. A goddamn frustrating one too what with bitches like you complaining.

I assume you didn't know any of this ^ but now you do.

:D

did i seem to anal to you?
i didn't mean to sound like i'm complaining for your information
i wasn't also referring to YP in general

anyway i wonder what's up next for kurashiki and fujiwara
i hope fujiwara would learn to open up to kurashiki :)

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

That's not something you have the right to complain about. YP has caught up with the series and the next raw will be released in 2 weeks. After that it has to get translated, edited, QCed, and whatever else. It is also illegal for these people to get paid for their work, so it's their just their hobby. A goddamn frustrating one too what with bitches like you complaining.

I assume you didn't know any of this ^ but now you do.

did i seem to anal to you?
i didn't mean to sound like i'm complaining for your information
i wasn't also referring to YP in general

anyway i wonder what's up next for kurashiki and fujiwara
i hope fujiwara would learn to open up to kurashiki :)

I gave you the info because I wanted to. And I realize you weren't referring to them, but it pisses me off when people ask stuff like, "I wish the releases were faster :(((" To me it sounds like, "RAAAAAH HURRY UP BITCHES I'M IMPATIENT AS FUCK CUZ THIS IS ONE HELLA SERIES AND YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN SATISFY THE NEEDS OF A RANDOM PERSON ON THE INTERNET!!!"

That's all.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

All that aside...

Atsushi and Kenmoto-kun are ssssooooo freakin' cute!

joined May 31, 2013

So were going the only hooking up at the end route? that's kinda disappointing was hoping it would go more like prism.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Canceled due to tracing? Fuck yeah.

joined May 31, 2013

i more meant the not ending when the hookup happens,

joined May 31, 2013

I cant wait till the next chapter!!!

joined Oct 11, 2010

i more meant the not ending when the hookup happens,

LOL... yeah THAT does get old after a while... "LOVE YOU!" I LOVE YOU TOO!" story ends >_<

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

And this is part of why my love for American comics is gone. In Japan, you even get accused of tracing, you're done. In the US if you're caught blatantly tracing, you're the hottest name in comics (yeah, I'm looking at you Greg Land).

With that said, I've got to agree with the last few posts, this whole "End the story on the confession" is getting old. That's why Prism was such a great read, because it went beyond that and showed the ramifications of being gay (especially in Japan).

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

so in the end, it only broke my heart. urgh. this is actually my first true love for a manga but then, seeing its last chapter . . . . ='( I just wanna cry in a corner for a bit while now

Bryn_120
joined May 9, 2011

And this is part of why my love for American comics is gone. In Japan, you even get accused of tracing, you're done. In the US if you're caught blatantly tracing, you're the hottest name in comics (yeah, I'm looking at you Greg Land).

With that said, I've got to agree with the last few posts, this whole "End the story on the confession" is getting old. That's why Prism was such a great read, because it went beyond that and showed the ramifications of being gay (especially in Japan).

I can definitely agree with that, I wish more stories would go beyond the confession phase. There are some certainly, Aoi Hana and Hanjuku Joshi for instance. But it would be nice if there were more of them.

Oh well, still this was a good story while it lasted, maybe we'll get an epilogue.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

"Bosom buddies! ^o^" XD! Oh Yuri, you so dense. =w= Fujiwara is obviously hinting at something.

The ending felt rushed and anti-climactic to me, but at least it was well written and translated! Thank you, Yuri Project, for all your hard work! <3 Hopefully in the future this author will give us a one-shot of these two or something. One can only hope.
I think I'll go back and read the previous chapters now that they're all out.

last edited at Jun 24, 2013 3:37PM

Blyat
joined Sep 12, 2012

Not even a kiss? Somehow the ending felt a bit unsatisfying.I wouldn't call it rushed, but it could have been more. There was meat to this series.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Because you people don't bother visiting the scanlator sites and I'm tired of the inevitable whining already:

While this may be the last regular chapter, the series isn’t quite over yet. There are still over 30 pages of extras to go which will expand on the ending and include another Shinobu x Asuza subplot, among other things. So look forward to it.

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Ah, I see. Sorry 'bout that.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Ah, I see. Sorry 'bout that.

I wasn't talking to you specifically, I'm just remembering the general reaction when the raws came up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.