Forum › Posts by burlingk

burlingk
Milktea discussion 23 Mar 10:04
joined Apr 7, 2013

Wait wait, did the other girl die or did they break up I'm hella confused

They got older and moved on. Traditionally, that sort of relationship has been seen as having no future, inmost countries. In Japan, it is only the last handful of years when different cities have started to recognize same-sex relationships. So, to outsiders (people who are not those two) it would have been seen as a "fling."

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 10:05AM

burlingk
Milktea discussion 14 Mar 23:10
joined Apr 7, 2013

Bitter sweat. It makes sense though, at this time.

It is reminiscent of older yuri stories, when for all they knew they only had the moment because society literally wouldn't allow any more.

Newer stories have more hope, now that Japanese society is starting to become more open and some cities even recognize same-sex unions after a fashion, but it makes sense that an adult in a story written now would have different experiences in the past, than they would have if their story had taken place a few years later.

burlingk
Citrus + discussion 03 Aug 01:18
joined Apr 7, 2013

The irony is that Mei and Matsuri would have more chances of working out than with Yuzu.

I get the impression that Matsuri would probably be interested in having them both. Mei is more likely to agree to such a thing than Yuzu is. So, it's not likely to happen. :P

burlingk
Citrus + discussion 03 Aug 01:10
joined Apr 7, 2013

The look on the grandfather's face was awesome. It was almost like he knew she was going to say SOMETHING, but wished she had used a little more tact.

:-)

joined Apr 7, 2013

Does anyone know how many chapters are in volume 1?

I lost my copy of volume 1, and can't find anyone willing to ship to the US (My Japanese is not good enough). I have the other four volumes in my bookshelf waiting for me to read the volume that I lost. ^^;

You can look at what the first chapter in volume 2 is and safely assume that the chapters up to that are probably in volume 1... no?

Thanks!

For some reason, I didn't even think of that.

joined Apr 7, 2013

Does anyone know how many chapters are in volume 1?

I lost my copy of volume 1, and can't find anyone willing to ship to the US (My Japanese is not good enough). I have the other four volumes in my bookshelf waiting for me to read the volume that I lost. ^^;

joined Apr 7, 2013

Of course, in response to my own post, since I see that people are already starting to use the spoiler tag, I would advise you ignore my previous comment completely. ^^;; Better to annoy one or two people who are used to other things than to undo people's work in your current environment. hehehehe

joined Apr 7, 2013

Just a comment or two. First, I think that == is likely the worst possible thing to use to tag spoilers, it gets used in too many other ways.

:P That is my only complaint in what I see so far. The list of stuff that is getting implemented is pretty cool.

Also.. It would be nice to be able to filter out dojin and slash ficks (basically the A x B flags). A lot of people are interested in just that, and that is great. :-) Some of us just want to see the original stuff. We have to sift through quite a bit of those.

None of what I am saying here is by any means a deal breaker. the site is awesome. :-)

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

1) I think this one is great so far.

2) She doesn't look like a guy at all. ^^; I mean, maybe not ultra-feminine, but not overly boyish either.

3) The "Are you with child," bit, I think, is more to do with the fact that pretty much every seat on a Japanese train is reserved for the elderly, disabled, and pregnant. (I miss Japan so much, it is like home).

burlingk
Philosophia discussion 03 Feb 23:54
joined Apr 7, 2013

After two issues it is already at the top of my list of favorites. :-)

burlingk
Citrus discussion 03 Feb 23:03
joined Apr 7, 2013

I know that the tail end of eight was cliche as heck, but I am still looking forward to nine. :)

burlingk
Citrus discussion 20 Oct 18:55
joined Apr 7, 2013

Less of a "she doesn't love me back", and more of a, "if I want her to be happy, I can't love her now, because that's not what she needs", so the avenue is (seemingly) closed forever. That probably won't end up being the case in the end, though.

I would not say the avenue is closed. More like there are speed bumps.

The end result at this point is more clear to the reader than it is to the characters involved. At this point, Mei has made a number of things clear. Yuzu just hasn't caught on to those things.

She did finally catch on though, that for the moment at least, Mei does need exactly what she stated at the grave: Someone to protect her. For the moment, she needs a big sister more than a girlfriend.

burlingk
Citrus discussion 20 Oct 18:52
joined Apr 7, 2013

I am guessing that more likely what happened is Momokino probably tried to hug or kiss her, or similar, and when she was brushed off, she changed the story up a bit before passing it on to Yuzu. I don't think anything too terribly awful has happened so far during the series. I am just wondering what is going on with Mei and her father. It could be as simple as "He is never home, and I want him to be proud."

joined Apr 7, 2013

I personally was not ready for that one to be over, but I will say that like a few other people, I was pretty sure that the mangaka was going to write it all down after it was done. :P

joined Apr 7, 2013

Huuuuuh? Thats the end? Why? And whats with this bluntness about being friends?(
I thought it would be definitely something huge epic end gosh
Author owes us second volume !!

I didn't see any bluntness. Really. It is a lot more complicated than that.

Kurashiki spoke her true feelings, and didn't really get what she was saying herself. Fujiwara got it, and reacted to it, but when it became obvious that Kurashiki wasn't thinking that far ahead, she basically said she could wait for her to come around.

I will miss the series. :P I have it tagged as one of my favorites. :)

burlingk
Citrus discussion 15 Jun 01:30
joined Apr 7, 2013

@.@
This series is still awesome.

joined Apr 7, 2013

I dont know why she breaks up, just because he lost the strap. he even apologized. Its not like he cheated on her?
she was overreacting.

I get the impression that she didn't break up at the time. :P That is why she freaked out when they stepped on the phone. I think it accidentally sent one of those emails that you normally write when you are totally pissed, and then hit delete once you calm down. ^^

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

I love this author's work as well! :)

joined Apr 7, 2013

Wow, this one was great.

I would advise anyone that read it just for the sex scenes to go back and reread it for content. :-)

Yes, it has sex, and the sex is somewhat explicit, but it actually feeds into the story.

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

This one was surprisingly good.

It was a bit rushed at points (as some have said), but it was also a one shot. The editor probably said "What can you give us in this many pages?"

As for throwing away the money, I get it completely. She had found a focus for her life, and that money felt like an anchor to her. She didn't want to use it for anything that would apply to her new focus. She got rid of the anchor.

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

As for those who are confused at points, one of the things I love about this series is that they delve into reality! It is awesome, even if it gets dark at times. :)

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

And now we see more of the history of one of the background characters. :-)

I absolutely love this series so far. :P I am actually already kind of sad at the realization that it will end some day. ^^;

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

I have to say that this series had the most awesome ending ever. Some people were asking which is better, this one or Girl Friends. I actually read Girl Friends first because I got it in the two volume omnibus edition... And it was absolutely awesome... but I still say it is kind of hard to say which was better. Both are on my list of stuff to re-read. :-)

burlingk
Backshot discussion 30 Apr 04:33
joined Apr 7, 2013

I would love to see this one expanded into a multi-chapter manga. :-)

burlingk
joined Apr 7, 2013

I am going to be at Book Off in a bit, I may look for this one while I am there. O.o It is actually pretty good.