Forum › Stretch discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The only het end I can guess at, would be Keiko getting back with her ex and restart from there, with Ran supporting them, while trying to get over her crush. That woud send people waiting for yuri in a fit of rage (including me) but that wouldn't be an bad ending if Keiko can find happiness. As for Ran, well, heartbreaks happen.

Anyway, the way the story goes right now, unless something big happens to get them closer than they are now (which is already a lot), I can't see them getting out of the friendzone.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I don't understand people who think the ex is an option. The guy seems completely over Keiko and even when he was whining over her he didn't seems to try to recontact her or do anything... I don't see how it can be good for her to go back to him, the guy just gave up.

Not saying he's bad and totally in the wrong but it seems just over to me

last edited at May 19, 2015 6:50AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The only het end I can guess at, would be Keiko getting back with her ex and restart from there, with Ran supporting them, while trying to get over her crush. That woud send people waiting for yuri in a fit of rage (including me) but that wouldn't be an bad ending if Keiko can find happiness. As for Ran, well, heartbreaks happen.

Anyway, the way the story goes right now, unless something big happens to get them closer than they are now (which is already a lot), I can't see them getting out of the friendzone.

Well I'm fairly sure there is still stuff that has been hinted at still in store, so I don't think we should be too worried.

And if there's a het end, I think someone new will be bought in.

Unless Shou decides to troll us with Ran getting with the ex, I can totally see him doing that in the last chapter.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't understand people who think the ex is an option. The guy seems completely over Keiko and even when he was whining over her he didn't seems to try to recontact her or do anything... I don't see how it can be good for her to go back to him, the guy just gave up.

Not saying he's bad and totally in the wrong but it seems just over to me

Because it's the only male in the whole 3 volumes that got more than 1 appearance and even got to know Ran.

It's just that he's the only option yet. Making him appear twice can't be innocent.

So, unless Shou throw another guy in the ring, he's the only one who can give Ran a run for her money.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Personally, at this point the only thing I can see the ex do is going for Ran

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You know it. Shou will totally get them to hook up. The ensuing rage will only feed him.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

You know it. Shou will totally get them to hook up. The ensuing rage will only feed him.

I was thinking something more like the ex going for Ran, Ran shutting him down like really hard and the reader exulting =D

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I was thinking something more like the ex going for Ran, Ran shutting him down like really hard and the reader exulting =D

You have too much faith in Shou. This will be your undoing when he reveals his ultimate troll and your hopes are crushed. Cynicism is the only way to save your soul.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Getting your hopes up is the best way to get them crushed.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Crushes work in mysterious ways. Just because the only thing he does now is whining doesn't mean he's given up on her at all. I don't think anyone sees how it can be good for Keiko to go back to him, but that's not necessarily the case for her herself. If she really had true feelings for him, and if he really tries his best, in her opinion, like, you know, melts her heart - it may happen and she may forgive him. At least they don't seem like they properly ended their relationship, as it felt more like Keiko ragequitting due-to the miscarriage.
That essentially doesn't mean it's a het ending either, of course, because they are likely to break up very soon again just as well, forever this time. Or Keiko may reject him from the get-go. Or the guy might not even get the courage to get close to her again. It all depends on how string will Shou decide to troll the audience. Because, come on, essentially the manga is about the two girls living and stretching together. So everything that breaks this flow for more than a chapter or two will break the manga itself.
In that sense, I agree with you that the guy isn't a real option for Keiko. It's just that I'm afraid she's blind to it yet. And I wouldn't be that confident about the ex approaching Keiko again. Even if he tries to go for Ran, once he learns that Ran and that Keiko are roommates, he might reconsider and try to approach Keiko.

Cynicism is the only way to save your soul.

amen.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Because, come on, essentially the manga is about the two girls living and stretching together. So everything that breaks this flow for more than a chapter or two will break the manga itself.

That moment when perspective.

Cynicism is the only way to save your soul.

amen.

So it shall be written.
So it shall be done.

If you think I'm referencing the ten commandments or something, you need to listen to more Maiden.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Breaking the manga, ie the two girls no longer living together, might be a way for him to end it. Because he's not going to keep it up forever.

That was hinted at in the last "serious" chapter, when Ran was wondering when the next crossroad would come and they may have to separate.

Basically, there's only two routes possible for the end : they become a real couple or they separate.

An open ending with them living together as roomates/friends for the next foreseeable future would be quite a let down (though I don't rule it out either).

(and this was my 301th post)

last edited at May 19, 2015 8:34AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Simple question.

Has Shou pulled a bait-and-switch end like people are afraid of in any of his published work. I know he didn't in Prism, but I haven't read his other stuff. I know others here have. So has he pulled a trick anything close to what is feared before?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Breaking the manga, ie the two girls no longer living together, might be a way for him to end it. Because he's not going to keep it up forever.

That was hinted at in the last "serious" chapter, when Ran was wondering when the next crossroad would come and they may have to separate.

Basically, there's only two routes possible for the end : they become a real couple or they separate.

An open ending with them living together as roomates/friends for the next foreseeable future would be quite a let down (though I don't rule it out either).

(and this was my 301th post)

ugh, it would be so wrong to stop the stretching. That's the heart of the manga. Then again, there's only so many stretches and wacky situations to insert them, so at some point it will be a matter of stop the stretches or stop the manga.

Is the 301st significant?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Crushes work in mysterious ways. Just because the only thing he does now is whining doesn't mean he's given up on her at all.

I mostly say he gave up because he doesn't seems to be whining anymore :
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch31#2

if he was still whining then yeah it would mean he didn't moved on :

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

As I said before, I love this, I really like the feel of it, and how the author manages to portray the relationship between these two girls. With that said, MAN WHAT A TEASE.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Simple question.

Has Shou pulled a bait-and-switch end like people are afraid of in any of his published work. I know he didn't in Prism, but I haven't read his other stuff. I know others here have. So has he pulled a trick anything close to what is feared before?

His other work are all classic hentai, sometimes two very close girl does things with each other but it's all about friendly/sisterly sex to help guys jerk off (during or preceding a threesome with the boyfriend)
No bait so no switch

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Simple question.

His other work are all classic hentai, sometimes two very close girl does things with each other but it's all about friendly/sisterly sex to help guys jerk off (during or preceding a threesome with the boyfriend)
No bait so no switch

So if I'm reading his right, he has never ever done anything even close to what people seem to be expecting him to do here.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

So if I'm reading his right, he has never ever done anything even close to what people seem to be expecting him to do here.

I don't think anyone is doing anything other than speculate on what the worst scenario is, totally different to expecting it.

And it's not like you need a precedent from the author in order that something happen. Kant would have some issue with that train of thought.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Simple question.

No bait so no switch

Yes but that's only his second work (that I know at least) with a real story and character development x)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Simple question.

No bait so no switch

Threesome het ending approaching

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The thing is, he never really finished Prism, or he rushed it, because of the tracing issue. And the rest of his work is classic loli hentai.

So nobody really knows what to expect.

last edited at May 19, 2015 12:37PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

The thing is, he never really finished Prism, or he rushed it, because of the tracing issue. And the rest of his work is classic loli hentai.

Maybe loli hentai is something we should be expecting. Can we say with certainty that Prism wouldn't have become so were it not cancelled?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Maybe loli hentai is something we should be expecting. Can we say with certainty that Prism wouldn't have become so were it not cancelled?

Yes, because it was published in an Yuri magazine

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Yes, because it was published in an Yuri magazine

You know rhetorical questions are a thing right?

To reply you must either login or sign up.