Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Fair enough I'm not saying the missing Matsuri arc is bad or anything because it also helps Miss Sunflower realize how much she misses not having her around etc I actually didn't know how many total volumes there were and time goes fairly quickly in the series so yeah you're right on where it would end up if they tried to speed everything up haha.

And like I said I do like they're giving some of the side characters more screen time. Seeing more Ayame is always a plus she just doesn't pop up enough! I also really like her brothers tiny little manager and love when she pops up as well lol.

last edited at Jun 15, 2022 1:45PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

And like I said I do like they're giving some of the side characters more screen time. Seeing more Ayame is always a plus she just doesn't pop up enough!

Does anyone make anything of the extravagant praise for the competence of Ayame's (male) part-timer?

The character obviously serves to explain how Ayame can get time away from her own bookstore to interact with Miss Sunflower & Co., but it seems like he's given a little extra characterization for someone who is barely a character. If this series wasn't all-girl-crushes-all-the-time, I'd almost suspect he was being set up as Ayame's love interest.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

And like I said I do like they're giving some of the side characters more screen time. Seeing more Ayame is always a plus she just doesn't pop up enough!

Does anyone make anything of the extravagant praise for the competence of Ayame's (male) part-timer?

The character obviously serves to explain how Ayame can get time away from her own bookstore to interact with Miss Sunflower & Co., but it seems like he's given a little extra characterization for someone who is barely a character. If this series wasn't all-girl-crushes-all-the-time, I'd almost suspect he was being set up as Ayame's love interest.

A few chapters back... Maybe more then a few when they showed him it did seem like he had a thing for Ayame whether they will pursue that or not I don't know but it did make it seem like he was basically the male version of the girls that all worked for/interacted with both Miss Sunflowers. Helps out etc but seems to also like the owner of said store type thing. I could be wrong but again I thought the same thing.

last edited at Jun 15, 2022 3:27PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

A few chapters back... Maybe more then a few when they showed him it did seem like he had a thing for Ayame whether they will pursue that or not I don't know but it did make it seem like he was basically the male version of the girls that all worked for/interacted with both Miss Sunflowers. Helps out etc but seems to also like the owner of said store type thing. I could be wrong but again I thought the same thing.

He may have something for her, but Ayame doesn't seem to reciprocate any of those feelings, from what I can tell anyways.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

He may have something for her, but Ayame doesn't seem to reciprocate any of those feelings, from what I can tell anyways.

I think that's certainly the case for now. I'm really less talking about the feelings of the fictional people than the narrative strategy of the author--Part-time-kun doesn't get enough attention to be a meaningful character, but the repeated detail of his extreme reliability seemed to be just a tad more than necessary. It's hardly important, but it struck me as a bit odd.

To quote my least favorite dialogue trope in manga, anime, and Kdramas, "Never mind. It's nothing."

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If this series wasn't all-girl-crushes-all-the-time, I'd almost suspect he was being set up as Ayame's love interest.

So... since we also get big brother's crushes from time to time, it's time to start suspecting? :P

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I think that's certainly the case for now. I'm really less talking about the feelings of the fictional people than the narrative strategy of the author--Part-time-kun doesn't get enough attention to be a meaningful character, but the repeated detail of his extreme reliability seemed to be just a tad more than necessary. It's hardly important, but it struck me as a bit odd.

To quote my least favorite dialogue trope in manga, anime, and Kdramas, "Never mind. It's nothing."

Certainly, the author could go different way. I think we've seen a few potential candidates for Ayame and any of them could pan out or none of them. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I think she's still so fixated on Miss Sunflower it would be too hard to tell.

last edited at Jun 15, 2022 10:25PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If this series wasn't all-girl-crushes-all-the-time, I'd almost suspect he was being set up as Ayame's love interest.

So... since we also get big brother's crushes from time to time, it's time to start suspecting? :P

Big Bro's crushes seem to be: Miss Sunflower OG and (maybe) Yuu-sensei, and it's hard to say which one of those would be more doomed (t least at this point).

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

My current take is that Part-time-kun is gonna be set up as an ambiguously viable love interest for Ayame that will never be confirmed or denied. A rare straight subtext pairing lol

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I’m personally hoping for either Ricchan, the brother’s editor or maybe even Yuu-sensei as her future suitor.

last edited at Jun 15, 2022 10:33PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Big Bro's crushes seem to be: Miss Sunflower OG and (maybe) Yuu-sensei, and it's hard to say which one of those would be more doomed (t least at this point).

True, true. Still means that it's not "all-girl-crushes-all-the-time", though. ;)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Or being set up for an arc about how the petty bourgeoisie exploit their workers!

joined Dec 18, 2021

after seeing the cover of this chapter, now i'm waiting for an anime adaption.

joined Mar 23, 2022

omg thank you author for the cute,sweet and heart touching long ass chapter. blessed you!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Shorter Chapter 81: Miss Sunflower is lost without her waifu.

(My favorite part--Miss Sunflower thinking, "When I remembered that woman I loved, why did I suddenly think of Matsuri?")

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Soooo many lovely moments in this wonderfully long chapter but I think what I loved the most is Matsuri finally accepting that she can be more selfish when it comes to Miss Sunflower. I hope it’ll carry over to the next volume!

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Gogogo Matsuri!

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

A Fine Addition To My Collection...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah the Matsuri gay chapter where it is made as clear as possibly can be that Matsuri is 100% gay and in love with miss sunflower.

And I know many of you will be like "yeah no shit" but also it's always nice when a story doesn't tip toe around the issue and tells us straight up "yeah this one is actually gay".

last edited at Jun 20, 2022 4:28PM

joined Mar 31, 2013

ah the Matsuri gay chapter where it is made as clear as possibly can be that Matsuri is 100% gay and in love with miss sunflower.

And I know many of you will be like "yeah no shit" but also it's always good when a story doesn't tip toe around the issue and tells us straight up "yeah this one is actually gay".

Nah, they gave it the "I'm not sure it's the same feeling they're talking about" out, allowing it to maintain its 'might pretend it was never gay at all in the ending or an epilogue' positioning.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

And I know many of you will be like "yeah no shit" but also it's always good when a story doesn't tip toe around the issue and tells us straight up "yeah this one is actually gay".

Nah, they gave it the "I'm not sure it's the same feeling they're talking about" out, allowing it to maintain its 'might pretend it was never gay at all in the ending or an epilogue' positioning.

no, that is not the story going "don't worry no homo" that is the story going "Matsuri has fallen in love for the first time in her life and doesn't quite know if this is indeed the feeling of romantic love that everyone talks about because she's never felt it before"

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

no, that is not the story going "don't worry no homo" that is the story going "Matsuri has fallen in love for the first time in her life and doesn't quite know if this is indeed the feeling of romantic love that everyone talks about because she's never felt it before"

Agreed, her comment was made back when she was first starting to go back and interact with Miss Sunflower. She has grown, developed, and come to recognize her own feelings on the matter.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, that was incredibly forward, especially for a series like this. I mean, using nii-san just as the "guys don't do anything for me" example, come on, can hardly get more obvious than that ...

That being said I never trust anything entirely. I've seen the stupidest shit being pulled so, you just never quite know. ^^

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Yeah, that was incredibly forward, especially for a series like this. I mean, using nii-san just as the "guys don't do anything for me" example, come on, can hardly get more obvious than that ...

That being said I never trust anything entirely. I've seen the stupidest shit being pulled so, you just never quite know. ^^

yeah especially how the chapter starts by going "Matsuri's family talks about how they're waiting for her to find a boyfriend which puts her into a weirdly bad mood for some reason, she then looks at a guy who is conventionally attractive and thinks to herself how she just doesn't get how something like a handsome man could lead to love for her"

that already reads as intense this girl is gay and doesn't know yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.