Forum › Posts by Nicoxmaki01

Nicoxmaki01
7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

Damn, that house really deflated her ahoge, she must really hate being there if that happened plus the fact the clock signaling 6 pm made her like a zombie going home, mindlessly going home

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

I just find it kind of sad that instead of an actual “I Love You too” from Kaori she only said “Me too”

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020
Nom%20nom

It’s only a matter of time till we get a new version Saria and Ifrit’s, hope they release together

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020
Hinorinr-1722914534149775411-img1

I’m always amazed at how overtly gay series like PtN and/or Honkai aren’t here more often. But nonetheless Rahu x Shalom are hella cute

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

Reading the newest chapter and I’m excited to see the Shiho haters. I love this dumbass and based on the JP audience’s feelings about her, I don’t she’s going away or fading to the background until this series ends lol.

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

The last time I read a story that had non con elements with a willing “victim”, the adorable character was a masochistic and borderline stalker like, and watersports this early in the series, the MCs ended up in the snow, hope this is different since I am enjoying the toxicity right now.

joined Sep 15, 2020

I think I’ve figured out my feeling for this story, and I think it’s that feeling of this would be great if read in one go and not waiting release by release. It’s not necessarily because it’s bad, but it just feels like the context we’ve been provided just makes it more likely that things will most likely get messier and messier, and this kind of drama can be the kind that doesn’t stew in the feelings well.

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

They finally realized that she wasn’t just fucking around about being an alien lol

joined Sep 15, 2020

Waiting for everything to come crashing down again lmao, what will cause it first Nanase immediately going back to neglecting her Girlfriend, Yuni being unhappy again, or Fuuko going apeshit to ruin their relationship lol

joined Sep 15, 2020

Everyone's loving Ayaka but I get the feeling that in real life she would end up in jail pretty fast.

You can love Ayaka, but don't be like Ayaka ;)

This idea that your love will win through sheer willpower is very toxic, because 99% of the time the thing that prevents your love from happening is the other person, and whether their reasons for saying no are good or not is irrelevant.

Ayaka is forcing Hiroko and whether it's for the best or not is irrelevant too, she should just stop.

I love Ayaka, but I think my love for her comes from romanticizing something that really shouldn't be.

Yeah irl she should've taken the no as a no and moved on. This is one of those cases where I think people would see her behavior way differently if she was a man, y'know

Just gonna point out she's also had Hiroko's friends encouraging and supporting her? She isn't acting in a vacuum of information here. Everybody around them knows HIroko is super into Ayaka. Ayaka has seen firsthand how Hiroko reacts to her. She's been told about Hiroko's trauma. She knows why Hiroko is trying to cut her loose and she knows her reasons are unfounded. She has good reasons to believe that Hiroko is actively running from her real feelings, she isn't just clinging to a delusion because she can't let go of a crush.

Yeah, if somebody says no, you should respect that. But there's nothing wrong with being honest about your own feelings, either. She didn't force herself on anybody, she confronted her honestly and directly. And she was right?

Do you guys honestly think she should have just let Hiroko continue to run from her feelings? Stick to shallow relationships? Hide from her trauma? Go back to hitting on random chicks at the bar?

The problem with this "I can fix her" and "she will be happier with me she loves me" is that sure, maybe you're right and it's in the best interest of everyone... But maybe you're wrong and the other outsider are too. (honnestly friends are usually the last person you should ask that kind of things) Ayaka does not read the manga she exists in. She has no way to know for sure it's the right thing to do. Even for us readers you could argue it's not 100% certain.

You should probably re-evaluate what you consider as “I can fix her” because clearly it’s different from others. Also, Hiroko’s friends aren’t outsiders or the kind of friends that are just hyping up Ayaka even when they don’t know the other party’s feelings. Hell they weren’t even Ayaka’s friends to be begin with. They are Hiroko’s friends, they know about Hiroko’s true feelings and even why she’s keeping herself from pursuing it. That’s exactly why they’re supportive of Ayaka in the first place because they’ve already heard all the about Hiroko’s past and her own thoughts and feelings.

When someone says no, it means no. If you insist and harass and press on, you're being a harasser. It can be pretty damaging for the person you interact with. I've been both Hiroko and Ayaka and I can say this for sure. :) Sometimes you say no to someone you love, and yes, it means no.

A lot of people have been either Hiroko and/or Ayaka’s shoes. Saying YOU know for sure because you’ve been in a similar place still doesn’t guarantee your methods, ideas, or views are absolute, since there also other people who have gone through the same and still can disagree with you.

Ayaka wants a real answer for her confession, she doesn’t want an answer that’s because of the past, she wants Hiroko to reject or accept her based on the present. But most importantly, Ayaka isn’t just being persistent solely for her own sake here, She’s trying to convince Hiroko out of the glass room she’s built imagining her team and the people around her could turn on her or look at her different if they find out she’s gay. She has past experiences that are making hesitant for good reason, but it’s also made her blind to the fact with the change of times that she’s endured. It brought new people she’s welcomed and trained, and they are not the same as the people who could’ve scorned or judged her back then. Not everyone is those same old co-workers looking for weakness to kick her out to take her place or the old execs that are stuck in their ways. That’s what Ayaka wants Hiroko to realize through all of this, that things have changed even though she didn’t realize it, and that she’s also a big reason why things have changed in the first place.

last edited at Aug 10, 2023 8:06AM

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

Okay I think a few theories based on the most recent chapter, here goes:

1. About Michi’s special defense mechanism and why that child version of her is what pops up is in that chapter with Aizawa’s range expanding is because her mom died protecting her from a ghost when she was young, and her mom up until has been trying to protect her and silently keeping her from interacting, at least directly, with other ghosts to keep her from endangering herself. The way Michi is slowly trusting Aizawa is breaking the defenses her mom created and she ended up expanding Aizawa’s boundaries but that defenses is still keeping her from interacting with her directly

2. Aizawa died to the ghost that Sayaka and Kasumi saw during the festival, and Michi may have witnessed her death and Aizawa’s ghost and was in danger, thus triggering her defense system to have her forget that ever happened.

3. Michi may have known Aizawa and was actually going to meet her at the festival when the incident happened due to her going without her father and her clothing at the festival. Aizawa did show up to meet her at the school probably, but only after she died and became a ghost. And due to her connection to Aizawa, Michi subconsciously bound Aizawa to the classroom so she could continue to see her, but her defense system was triggered because even though she knew Aizawa she was now a ghost. This would also be the reason why her memories were erased, with them gone she would feel less inclined to interacting with her. But with Aizawa haunting their classroom, she’s slowly building up the same desire to trust and interact with Aizawa before she died and they lost their memories.

4. Maybe Aizawa’s true regret and reason for not being able to pass on was because she never got a chance to confess to Michi or do the whole first experiences as lovers.

last edited at Aug 10, 2023 8:16AM

joined Sep 15, 2020

At this point with the way people are hyper analyzing and focusing on the English title of “Throw Away the Suit Together” and seeing this solely as a run away from the life sucking corporate workforce should know the Japanese title is “君としらない夏になる“ or properly translated “Into a Summer I Never Knew With You”.

While yes, the story’s catalyst was Haru being over-encumbered with stress by the perpetual work rejections and them running away as a result, it was never solely about it. From the Japanese title, it clearly is less work focused unlike the English one and more about a brand new experiences, the good and bad ones, during the summer they were on the island. Their time on the island also shows how important it is to realize running away from problems isn’t a permanent solution because they will have to face the reality of those problems sooner or later, and that in the end they didn’t let those problems break them apart.

I do think when the story releases in English, Seven Seas should rethink the localized title over to not give people a different expectations about the focus of the story.

joined Sep 15, 2020

Honestly, people are saying this is too realistic, but considering this is based in Japan, I’m just glad it didn’t end with the Japan type of being realistic with them not being able to deal with things anymore and breaking up and being coerced to marrying guys to no longer deal exuberant stress and mental toil of entering the work force that tends to favor men because women are destined to just be housewives to the working man.

From what I heard of what was going on with the author, I feel like the author’s personal life just made this series too painful to keep writing so they just wanted it to end because it was starting to affect them personally too.

joined Sep 15, 2020

What's with Japan and lesbians? It's all good with girls liking other girls but when it comes to giving it a name it's like NO, LESBIANS DO NOT EXIST

Seriously like, it's just dumb to say yeah I'm in love with a girl (and I am a girl) but that doesn't mean I like girls?? Alright

Edit: ok I see now everyone else is pointing that out too, nice

To be fair, Minami’s never liked anyone else, she could be bi, pan, or most likely a demi too, it’s just that right now she’s in love with Yuzu.

Isn’t it kind of insane she never had a “I LIKE GIRLS?!?!?!? Not DUDES?!?!? What does this make me? self reflection for potential identity” moment though? Sure she might be bi but the issue people are pointing out is that there’s no reflection of sexuality at all, or the slightest consideration of “I might be [lgbt+ label Japan pretends doesn’t exist cause they’re homophonic].

Not gonna lie, if I was to question liking someone of the same sex or suddenly seeing a childhood best friend I’ve known for over a decade in a romantic light, I’d be more surprised of the latter. It’s more because how casually they acted before and Minami never considered that possibility she liked Yuzu a different way that stands out more to me. For example, if she never witnessed the confession, would she have ever realized at all she ”loved” Yuzu, or is something that she would’ve realized in the future. Because the way I see it, Minami probably would’ve never realized she was romantically in love with Yuzu, if witnessing the confession of that dude didn’t serve as a catalyst, which might be what the author is trying to go for with the new girl, to be Yuzu’s catalyst for realizing too.

joined Sep 15, 2020

What's with Japan and lesbians? It's all good with girls liking other girls but when it comes to giving it a name it's like NO, LESBIANS DO NOT EXIST

Seriously like, it's just dumb to say yeah I'm in love with a girl (and I am a girl) but that doesn't mean I like girls?? Alright

Edit: ok I see now everyone else is pointing that out too, nice

To be fair, Minami’s never liked anyone else, she could be bi, pan, or most likely a demi too, it’s just that right now she’s in love with Yuzu. Maybe some point of the future, if she and Yuzu end up not working out, who knows who she’ll fall in love with, it could be a guy or another girl. Just like how if a bisexual person is dating a guy or a girl, it doesn’t make them straight or a lesbian, they’re still bi. Liking a girl, doesn’t automatically make you a lesbian when there’s a lot of other things to consider.

joined Sep 15, 2020

If this was any other manga, I’d be a little annoyed at the love triangle trope coming into play. However, Yuzu’s so fucking dense a little competition would barely faze her, and we’ve made like zero progress in Minami’s attempts to make Yuzu aware of her, like not even a little blush or shyness at the the thought of only the two of them going around the festival. Like even I’m rooting for any sort of development even if it’s from a third party at this point.

joined Sep 15, 2020

Here’s the thing though, even if Eri was to go through the whole process of realizing she was in love with Fuyuki, I don’t really think that it’d be enough. I can see this ending up like Ibis (?) in which Eri has to learn to love Kyouhei through and through or just break up with him but either way Fuyuki will move on and possibly be with her senpai and she has to face that she was just to late by the time she ever took that step forward towards Fuyuki.

I can see Eri’s reaction in three different ways: 1. she act all aloof and supportive as a way to try to get them to go on a double date to convince Fuyuki to spend time with her again; 2. Eri distances herself because she has to go through the realization that perhaps her relationship with Kyouhei gave the space for Fuyuki to find someone else; or 3. She’d be angry and outwardly jealous about it which also causes a rift in their friendship

I’d rather see this story about moving on from a static relationship/love in which two people who could never get each other to act on their feelings rather than two childhood friends getting together after all this years. I just see this as a story of too little too late.

last edited at Jul 27, 2023 8:22AM

joined Sep 15, 2020

Isn't the star reserved for villain transformations? Uh-oh.

Imitation and her crew still has the stars, but they were on the evil side, so either Magenta was a baddie at the beginning or she might be having her baddie moment rn

joined Sep 15, 2020

Bruh, why are they setting up their teenage daughter with a grown man like it’s not big deal and somehow make their adult daughter being a lesbian as worse. She’s 16 for Christ sakes, Imagine thinking of forcing your child into a marriage for the sake of entrusting your beloved company into the hands of a stranger. Connected by a piece of paper. It’s basically the same thing as giving the company to a stranger at that point, so I don’t understand why they need to force her into marriage anyways.

joined Sep 15, 2020

Every time I re-read this I can’t help but feel like this an AU of Futaribeya where Sakurako gives up on her relationship with Kasumi after not being satisfied years of vagueness.

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

Imagine Shizuku dies instead of Kaori bc she can’t bear to lose Kaori now at this point and she’s desperate enough to do something stupid to cause her to be able to transplant a necessary organ.

joined Sep 15, 2020

I like how you can tell the differences between the shock in people’s faces. Some are mildly surprise (as in more surprised that she publicly admitted said fact rather than the actual fact itself), extremely shocked (being surprised at the fact she’s a lesbian and admitting being in love with a coworker), the people who are shocked but mostly disappointed (probably bc they had a crush on her), the tea spill sort of shock (the ones shocked but ready to have some gossip for the next coming weeks, the curious shock, and last but not least the disbelief shock by Hiroko and Risa that she’s actually saying this rn at their office lol.

Nicoxmaki01
joined Sep 15, 2020

A little bit over the top to say a 15/16 y/o girl slept with a bunch of other girls but alright

Just saying, teens’ sex lives can be pretty varied, from those that don’t engage on that stuff till later on, to those that are pretty “active”, to those that are pretty in between.

joined Sep 15, 2020

Tbf, after seeing the whole scene with Hiroko at the meeting with the other managers, I can understand why she doesn’t want to be out about this. I mean despite her being the most valuable worker and core of her team, those old dudes were still trying to encourage her to quit, get married, and have kids bc she’s a woman, with like only one of them disagreeing. If they already subconsciously discriminate against her now, it’d probably get worst in the future if they knew she was a Lesbian, the work field is brutal and sometimes it things like that that could be the start for them to actively replace her.

joined Sep 15, 2020

So even the fact they’re full time hires at a company still make them a financial liability, simply bc they’re both women???