Forum › rely on me discussion

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

NIcoMaki disgusting? Thats a nonsense!11
I bet everyone's shipping them as well thought I really donno why xD
But I cant say a word about them not being all so freakingly cute together =]

joined Feb 2, 2016

Wait...WHAT!!! Nicomaki is not disgusting in my opinion. I find them very cute together because they are like the tsundere couple of Muse... So yeah, Nico is wrong
NicoMaki is too cute for me that every time I see a new doujin, I pass out in a sea of blood after reading it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

More like people will start a whole parade to celebrate. And I'd be in, front lines. :3

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

Perhaps it's just my bad English... but even after reading it 5 times over the text just doesn't make any sense to me on some pages. Like there's something missing or the sentences (Maki-Nico Talk) doesn't fit together. =/

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 7:28AM

RandomRangerWhite
7d7xkmj
joined Jun 18, 2013

Perhaps it's just my bad English... but even after reading it 5 times over the text just doesn't make any sense to me on some pages. Like there's something missing or the sentences (Maki-Nico Talk) doesn't fit together. =/

Yeah. It's not just you. I kept rereading some of the pages trying to figure out just what the heck they were talking about. The sentences were just really weird and made no sense at all. Oh well, the art was still cute.

1cee76714c4
joined Feb 29, 2016

Yeah. It's not just you. I kept rereading some of the pages trying to figure out just what the heck they were talking about. The sentences were just really weird and made no sense at all. Oh well, the art was still cute.

Having looked at the sample on pixiv I hate to say it but this is a really bad translation. Like someone just put it through Google translate or something.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Having looked at the sample on pixiv I hate to say it but this is a really bad translation. Like someone just put it through Google translate or something.

Same here. I mean it's a pretty by-the-numbers plot, so it's pretty easy to figure out the general situation, but the dialogue doesn't seem to connect into anything coherent until the last couple of pages. I'll take your word for it that the original makes more sense.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

Can someone tell the typesetter to hold shift key while using the free transform tool on text blocks orz

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 8:32AM

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

I read the comments after reading, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who was incredibly confused about over half of the lines in the whole doujin. Even the last couple pages were pretty bad, though they were at least intelligible.

Actually, the quality of this translation reminds me of a bunch of ReiMari works in Touhou that were by... Yonurime? I think that was it. I'm pretty sure the scanlator for those ones was Eternal Dream. They were marginally better than the end of this doujin, but you could tell that English wasn't the translator's first language.

Glasses
joined Feb 21, 2015

You know that there is something wrong with this translation cuz Nico said they would think their relatoinship is disgusting XD but seriously this need to be remove for while since translation need recheck. their conversation is so confusing

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 9:15AM

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Someone care to explain if, by any chance, you understood, please? I know my English is not the best, but I'm pretty sure I can understand anything that's written in English, as long as it makes sense.

Edit: I'm not complaining about someone working for free to bring translations, by the way. I understand it's not my place to complain, but this one hit me really hard.

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 9:43AM

1cee76714c4
joined Feb 29, 2016

Having read the raws for the whole thing I kinda feel like maybe this translation was some kind of a joke?

Like, a few of the speech bubbles are right, for most of the wrong ones I can see how they have been misunderstood but other times they have nothing to do with what was actually written in them??

For example in the last box "how appropriate will it appear for us to be a couple" "They'll think that's disgusting right" I can't understand how they would have come up with that unless they just completely made it up when they couldn't understand??

joined Aug 10, 2015

Someone care to explain if, by any chance, you understood, please? I know my English is not the best, but I'm pretty sure I can understand anything that's written in English, as long as it makes sense.

Edit: I'm not complaining about someone working for free to bring translations, by the way. I understand it's not my place to complain, but this one hit me really hard.

No, don't worry - you're not the only one who didn't quite get it, i mean - i only can understand it pretty good, when the sentences at least make sense.I was just through and through confused.

But i guess it will be fixed soon?

Btw.

DANNNNNNG NOBODY WILL SAY U GUYS ARE DISGUSTING B'CUZ THEY ARE ALL GAY AS HELL, SO THEY WOULD CHERISH IT YO.
YOU LITTLE GAY HORSE U.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

terrible translation, feels like this was more like a QC not ready for typesetting.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Oh, I thought I was the only one didn't get it. The art was amazing though.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Needs a tag for bad translation

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good to know I wasn't the only one having problems to follow the dialogue

Dorohedoro_noi_big_smile
joined Feb 24, 2015

I think it was cute? I'm sure I would've liked it better if I could follow what they were talking about...

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

nice, i thought it was an already uploaded one shot, but the ending was different

joined Aug 16, 2015

This one makes me want to buy the original just to be able to tell what they actually said at the end. I'm guessing it was something more along the lines of "They'll be weirded out" and not straight up "Think it's disgusting", but eh, we never know I guess.
It's nice to at least have been able to read it.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

This one makes me want to buy the original just to be able to tell what they actually said at the end. I'm guessing it was something more along the lines of "They'll be weirded out" and not straight up "Think it's disgusting", but eh, we never know I guess.
It's nice to at least have been able to read it.

I had the same thoughts. I imagine this doujin is pretty disjointed, regardless, but reading the original would probably give me the flavor better. It sort of goes all over and ends on "but we're both girls!" which is kind of weird. Then again, they are a weird couple even if you go with their canon semi-romantic two-girl friendship. Even that's probably doomed, given Japanese out of sight/out of mind culture, after Nico graduates. Maybe that's just an excuse here.

Notice the other doujin on here by araco is textless.

It's good overall but the best part is unsurprisingly the textless part.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Needs a tag for bad translation

My guess: not bad translation. The only other doujin up there by araco is textless.

joined Jan 8, 2014

NicoMaki is too cute for me that every time I see a new doujin, I pass out in a sea of blood after reading it.

LOL! preach! ^_^

(and omg, im glad I wasnt the only one who found the txt hard to follow! so many double negatives in one sentence isnt normal...hopefully a humble translator may decide to take a shot at this one shot ;) )

That ending was super cute even just understanding the gist of what they said ^_^

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

M-my heart... Aaaah~
I died, and i came back.
Then i died again. I'm watching from heaven.
Never enough Nico x Maki.NEVAAH

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

...this really isn't that bad a translation. Like, at all. You people are overreacting lol

I love the art so much. They way Nico is drawn, particularly on pages 6 and 7, is a perfect mix of funny and adorable.

To reply you must either login or sign up.