Forum › Centaur's Worries discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's odd how chapter 38 just sort of cuts off like that, but I suppose a lot of them do the same. It's like there's supposed to be one more page with the closing but it went out for a smoke and never came back. As a friend used to pit it (talking about some of the early Urusei Yatsura manga), "It doesn't so much end as stop."

Maybe the aliens have all the missing closures, I dunno.

joined Jul 8, 2013

I feel like every chapter finishes before its actually done. Like with the Tigerman one, HOW ARE THEY JUST GONNA END LIKE THAT AND NOT CONTINUE IT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!?

joined May 17, 2013

I'm guessing those tigermen were artificially created and from the looks of it(one male, one female, eating fruit in a garden) they're supposed to be the quote "adam" and "eve" of this new generation of tiger people.

Boy, so many turns in this manga.

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

The Antarcticans are getting creepier with each chapter. First the "something" in the lab from Sasasul's flashback, then the false god, and now the genetically engineered killers. Even Sasasul's presence doesn't seem so innocent anymore. I wonder if they have a long term plan or are just messing around to see what happens.

Edit: And they're implied to arm the amphibians too.

last edited at Jan 16, 2014 3:10PM

joined Feb 1, 2013

Akira is funny, sort of a bookish homebody version of Nozomi. They seem to have something of a skinship relationship between them, even if it's just teasing on Nozomi's part. Interestingly, I think Akira is the first time we've seen a mixed-race hybrid since the Class Rep's cute little sister, except that she's healthy. She has racial traits from both parents, which is unusual in this manga, as the kids of mixed race parents tend to look like one parent or the other. Akira even seems to have her own dummy bizarro-universe equivalent of Himeno as a best friend, lol!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

One element we haven't seen in a while are the UFOs. What faction are they with? Probably not the mer-folk. It seems an odd thing for the Antarcticans to do, especially since their technology tends towards biology than engineering. It's certainly far beyond what the amphibians are capable of, that's for sure. So...who? Some actor we haven't met so far?

last edited at Jan 16, 2014 4:36PM

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

One element we haven't seen in a while are the UFOs. What faction are they with? Probably not the mer-folk. It seems an odd thing for the Antarcticans to do, especially since their technology tends towards biology than engineering. It's certainly far beyond what the amphibians are capable of, that's for sure. So...who? Some actor we haven't met so far?

When I first read it, I assumed that what Sasasul saw when she was young was the dissection of an alien. You know the story: UFO crashes unexpectedly, government dissects the aliens and studies their technology. But reading the latest chapters, it's possible they were actually building an organism instead of dissecting one.

I also just noticed that everytime we see the Antarcticans do something, it has to do with religion. "God" of the amphibians, fake god of the mer-folk, mountain god in tiger form. If you assume the UFOs/aliens are also an Antarctican creation, it starts to look like they are trying to study other peoples' superstitions. This would make sense since, according to Sasasul, their society doesn't have such complex beliefs system.

This explanation also fits well with the "alien" encounter of chapter 30, but I'll have to check the other mentions of UFO to see if it still matches. And I realise I am pinning everything on the Antarcticans right now, but I don't really have another suspect.

last edited at Jan 16, 2014 6:03PM

joined Nov 14, 2013

It's also been said that the Antarcticans are the gods of the Aztecs as well (and despite Sasasul's denial, given that the "family name" of all Antarcticans is Quetzalcoatl, it's probably true).

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

I'm kinda lost. ;( And rereading everything now is just... ;( However I am still into this manga though . They deal with much topics like politics, and religions, morals and all. So many to catch up :D Chapter 39 is really something when the author brought up the land, eviction and people thing. I saw (and see) that quite a lot -__-"

I wish it could turn to a tv show like American horror story and I could just watch it all over again, studying little details like when I watch AHS. The show is quite high up there but I eventually came to get it and like it lots. ; v; Same to this series but now I'm kinda confused . If this manga could have a show, that would be totally awesome.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Akira x Nozomi.. :3 Aren't they cute together? :3

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Akira x Nozomi.. :3 Aren't they cute together? :3

They are cute, but Himeno x Nozomi ftw.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

;w; I can't wait til all of this get's released in the states I nearly lost it when I saw the first volume in the book store >3<

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

OBAMA HORSE

THERE'S A OBAMA HORSE

Ss%20(2013-09-03%20at%2001.34.48)
joined Sep 29, 2013

That Class Pres... Pretty brutal. Still one of my favorites though.

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 8:38PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Welp, I knew the UFOs would be back. Didn't anticipate them being enemies of the Antarcticans, though. So it's possible they've broken their isolation in opposition to imminent invasion then. And quite possibly that's one of the end goals for the tiger men program as well.

OBAMA HORSE

THERE'S A OBAMA HORSE

BARACK OCCHAMA 2014

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 9:46PM

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

OBAMA HORSE

THERE'S A OBAMA HORSE

There's an Obama Horse that seems to have executed corrupt businessmen and bankers and displayed their corpses for all to see. That or he just hung them up by their wrists in an incredibly painful and crippling position, which is still pretty awesome.

Also, Class Pres keeps it real.

Aliens, didn't even notice them.

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Wow. The class prez when she's not putting on a front for her sisters is scary.

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Whoa! First time I've ever spotted an artist mistake, but prez's dad has an extra ear on page 15.

11037762_810749925626889_3993480889423058745_n
joined Mar 30, 2012

Whoa! First time I've ever spotted an artist mistake, but prez's dad has an extra ear on page 15.

Wow a human ear!

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

gun control eh.
anw, cousins love X"D .

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Now we satisfy!

Doggirls-small
joined Jan 2, 2014

Welp, I knew the UFOs would be back. Didn't anticipate them being enemies of the Antarcticans, though. So it's possible they've broken their isolation in opposition to imminent invasion then. And quite possibly that's one of the end goals for the tiger men program as well.

There was a bit of foreshadowing about the aliens being enemies of the Antarcticans in chapter 21 (Sasasul's immediate reaction to the images of the sinking, and later implying they were at war with "indigenous people"). On top of that, she is seen asking her friend about UFOs in chapter 24, which indeed strengthens the idea that they are here to gather information more than anything.

Add to that the apparent hangings done by the Obama expy (presented as a good guy, no less), and you get a really creepy world for something that started as a light-hearted slice-of-life manga.

joined Jul 23, 2013

Yeah the tone of this manga has been changing a lot lately. I really have no idea how the author is going to go with this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.