Forum › Posts by sofia20

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

Uhh, I love Sato so much, even though she is a het bitch, and it would be absolutely ultimate ending if they died together in ch47 or Shio killed herself in last chapter. Well, at least Shio did not accept her sick brother and seems to aim for her own life

Satou is not het bitch she had sex with males because that's what the aunt said love is and in Satou's own words she did not feel anything for the guys and sex.

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

I was finding this ending to be sweeter than the anime one until the last page. Holy shit, I knew Shio would become like Sato! And the cycle of abuse keeps going on. Great story, I enjoyed it a lot. I love the art style, it's very heartwarming.

You did not understand the ending? Shio becomes the opposite of Sato.

last edited at Dec 23, 2019 2:37PM

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

I just discovered the anime is on Prime Video, and I binge watched the whole thing. Still can't get over how every character is pretty much a horrible dumpster fire of a person, aside from Shio (till the end anyway, when it's then clear she's developed into another Satou) and maaaaybe Shouko since all she did was lie to her parents about what she was really doing after school and then die a horrible pointless death.....

you did not understand ending did you?

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

There's apparently a sequel manga (Or maybe its an extra? I don't know tbh) of sorts that takes place after the events of HSL, like teenage Shio. I've only seen a few panels without context and all in japanese. So hopefully it gets translated as well because i need to know if my children are finally happy and sane or if Shio just followed after Satou in becoming an abductor in the name of Love.

first that are oneshots extra that the author made after manga ending so according to Japanese twitter not canon
and Shio does not become Satou she keeps the love and warmth of her in heart. basically she will never fall in love or make human connections.

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

I know that a lot of people have been hoping against hope for a "happy" ending for the MCs since well before there even was an anime, but as was discussed here pretty extensively, IIRC, there really weren't a lot of plausible ways to get to such an ending, and "happily ever after" would be a notable reversal of tone for the entire series anyway.

The ending could left anonymous or Satou getting arrested for kidnapping. Getting out years later getting back with teenage Shio.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 10:46AM

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

Are there seriously people who think the author changed the ending of the manga, because of the anime? It seems obvious to me that the mangaka was involved in writing the conclusion of the anime.

Then the way continue manga if end is the same also slot of people hated ending.

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

Was hoping it would end a little different from the manga

the anime ended first the mangaka ended the manga same way as the anime which was a slap in the face and waste of time.

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

I am honestly and truly shocked that people read this story and were like wow I cant believe the pink haired girl and the loli cant be together forever! They were in a good and healthy relationship!

Like did ya'll forget the part where the pink haired chick MURDERED SOMEONE? Remember that part!? Would y'all really choose a murderer over a neglectful parent to raise a child? Wasn't there, at one point, bodies in the same house as the kid?

This story was a terrible, pretentious schlock with people never really making any rational decisions. Everything in this story had to add to the "spook" factor no matter how badly it threw off the plot. The only person who acted like a real person was the friend, but of course she has to die because every relevant character in this story is somehow a mentally deranged lunatic or a serial killer or an abuser.

This story was at best a 2/10. I'm glad its over.

shit taste confirmed. also she only killed one person who did not deserved all other deaths were justified.

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

I think the implication with that reincarnation bit is that Shio has inherited the same brokenness that made Sato what she was: a psychopath for whom empathy and love almost impossible(hence rejecting her brother the second time) and, more tragically, like Sato, does not even register her own mental state as being abnormal. Being such a young age when this transpires, abnormal mental state(i.e. lacking in empathy) will be her normal.
I think that anything resembling a normal relationship will be beyond both her ability and desire, with the mirror implying that Sato is, was, and always will be, the only relationship that shall ever have meaning for her. With Sato now dead, the memories that Shio has are the only thing remaining of Sato, and the only thing Shio will ever deem precious and are completely part of her.

i honestly don't pick that up at all. Just because one is related by blood doesn't make it a healthy or loving connection. Asahi was broken by his experiences with his dad, and basically 'worshiped' an ideal life of him, his sister, and his mother, his sister attaining a similar purity to Taiyou's ideal of her. This is a big reason she says she is dirty to Taiyou; she's rejecting that role. So of course she rejects her brother. That's also why she sees a younger version of him clinging to the real him; he's basically slowly became another variant of their father.

While Sato did bad things, she really didn't do any of them in front of Shio. Even when Sato admitted to doing bad things, she still worked at protecting Shio. And Shio got a form of love and affection that Sato never learned. i see it as Shio taking the best parts of her relationship with Sato, and learning to live for herself, not to be an idol, or represent purity, or as a burden to others.

Swear ta gods, feels like i'm the only one seeing this from a survivor mindset, having been in similar situations (though not to the extremes of this manga).

Only in manga can the murderer protag get the pass of "well atleast she didn't mutilate people right in front of the loli". The writer should be ashamed.

How dare this author write something I don't like but kept reading like a idiot they should be ashamed

Your trying to hard also the manga writer gave us the same ending as the anime 1 year after.

last edited at Nov 14, 2019 11:05PM

sofia20
joined Nov 13, 2019

So the manga artist gave us the same ending as the anime WTF do you guys thing we will get a alternate ending?