Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

Something that has been bug me for some time and it would be preciated if someone were to answer this...is Hibiki the shortest in the whole cast? with this christmas chap, it seems like that might be possible
Anyway Another chapter with Aya/Miyo food thanks and happy late new year

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I did not previously know how cute a reindeer kigurumi unzipped down the back could be.

But now I do.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

KT really knows how to frame a shot both for foreground and background characters

The return of Fuzzy puff
Screen%20shot%202021-08-07%20at%2010.26.05%20pm
joined Oct 7, 2020

No one does not. You buy a potted tree and once the season is over you take it outside to live in your yard with all the other trees.

themajoritylied
joined Dec 7, 2017

Haruka and Kanae's little snapshot really shows their dynamic. Which I love btw- based on how we say Kanae at first, I would have expected HER to be the clingy/needy one. I love the role reversal trope.

I'm STILL upset at how their relationship was handled though. Judging based on their interactions after Haruka's note, I'm assuming they've entered a relationship since. I'm so salty about all of that being off-screen- they were my favorite couple and I feel like that was a total rip-off. I really hope the author doesn't do that with any other couples, especially Nononon and Yumimi (my current favorite- I also love Hibiki and Midori. This is very classic me- my favorites are ALWAYS the side/beta couples).

joined Feb 1, 2013

Haruka and Kanae's little snapshot really shows their dynamic. Which I love btw- based on how we say Kanae at first, I would have expected HER to be the clingy/needy one. I love the role reversal trope.

I'm STILL upset at how their relationship was handled though. Judging based on their interactions after Haruka's note, I'm assuming they've entered a relationship since. I'm so salty about all of that being off-screen- they were my favorite couple and I feel like that was a total rip-off. I really hope the author doesn't do that with any other couples, especially Nononon and Yumimi (my current favorite- I also love Hibiki and Midori. This is very classic me- my favorites are ALWAYS the side/beta couples).

For me: At first glance, Haruka has this aura of a pure and innocent 'too good for this world' type girl. There's something inexplicably "glamorous" about her. And I can't shake this perception that there's an "old school" element to her (I swear, something about her hair just screams the 60s/70s to me).

Except, that the more we see of her when she's in the spotlight (specifically, with Kanae), I've started to see this different side to her. Personally, I happen to find this jealous/possessive side of her rather endearing. However, given the combo of this and the outwardly cheerful affectionate presentation puts her close to the thin line between dere-dere and yandere. God help us, I don't want to actually see 'Yandere Haruka', but it's funny to think about.

And poor Kanae, she's waaay too oblivious! She's this adorable bookworm who's stumbled into what she seems to view as a close "friendship" (Haruka would call it a "relationship").

Ps. I've been reading this manga since 2013, and I've come a realization over time: Michiru's short cropped hair really does it for me! Does anyone else find that to be a major charm point for her?

joined Feb 18, 2015

henceforth, mio and shizuka will now only be found in the new series, "empire".

THIS MADE ME DIE

This comment wins. The thread can be closed now.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

oh...chie's Hairdo deserves some nice likes!!

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I shamelessly ship it. I don't care what it is anymore. I ship it all. I don't know what or how this author is doing it but it's working so I ship it. I have finally cracked.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

I shamelessly ship it. I don't care what it is anymore. I ship it all. I don't know what or how this author is doing it but it's working so I ship it. I have finally cracked.

Whiiiiich exactly?

I mean,there is so much to ship in this manga....

Hell, if I get killed by a japanese truck, I want to be isekaied in that world as a new student, who's kinda like one of my game avatars...
And I'm a friggin guy!

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

So...someone knows when the new chapter is coming? I'm itching for new weird shenanigans

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Honestly, the note thing comes down to people being to "trained" by anime tropes. Everybody here has been conditioned to treat "confessions" like they're a big deal. An event that demands a momentous response. And sometimes they are. Sometimes a person is putting themselves out there to somebody else that might not feel the same way.

But also a lot of times two people are into each other, they both know it, and the first "I love you" is just an affirmation of what they already know rather than a plot development.

When I read it, I didn't really think it was "a confession" in the big serious plot development sense of the word. It was just Haruka expressing affection.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Hope,there will be a valentines special...

Kanistorshik_octavia_portrait_wallpaper
joined May 9, 2011

What happened to Mask's new haircut?

joined May 29, 2020

If this series ever got an anime, how would you want it be structured? Would you want it follow that chapters in order or would you want a bit of rearrangement so that each season would have a sense of progression?

What I mean by the second option is that a good amount of the chapters are episodic so placing them before or after certain other events wouldn't really affect them. For example, the first season, while showing off all the girls, could focus on Ai and Chie and move some chapters to happen in the second season so that the first season could end with their kiss on the Ferris Wheel.

Also, based on the current chapter count and chapter length, an anime would be 41-61 episodes to cover everything.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

If this series ever got an anime, how would you want it be structured? Would you want it follow that chapters in order or would you want a bit of rearrangement so that each season would have a sense of progression?

What I mean by the second option is that a good amount of the chapters are episodic so placing them before or after certain other events wouldn't really affect them. For example, the first season, while showing off all the girls, could focus on Ai and Chie and move some chapters to happen in the second season so that the first season could end with their kiss on the Ferris Wheel.

Also, based on the current chapter count and chapter length, an anime would be 41-61 episodes to cover everything.

Actually it has a steady kind of progress for me,except I would put the entrance scene,where chie saw the girls first time up front.

Everything else got a Tarantinoesque episodal storytelling with tidbits here and there.

Or they can make it like akebi chans sailor uniform. You can make tidbits into whole episodes by mixing them.

Also I hope the master is continuing the series....I miss the girls

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If they make it into an animated series, the director is most likely going to try to make Mio x Shizuka and Ai x Chie into the climax (ep 12 or 13) so we get both amount of drama and just silly happiness, and the rest will be filled with clubs and the "main" pair.

The thing is, if they make this way in order to make a proper flow with a good sense of progression, I would be more interested in a distant (maybe not happening) season 2 with Mask, Onibi, Nao, Eli, Honoka and Kaoru getting more focus

joined May 29, 2020

The thing is, if they make this way in order to make a proper flow with a good sense of progression, I would be more interested in a distant (maybe not happening) season 2

That is why I thought of rearranging things. I imagine if Virgin's Empire did get an anime, it would be 12-13 eps and plenty of anime have only been getting one season. If they just went in order, we would be "stuck in the build up" part that other yuri anime have experienced (Adachi to Shimamura, Otherside Picnic, New Game,). Not saying that Build is bad, after all it is quite important. It can just be frustrating that on the anime side of thing we don't get the payoffs and would at best get something that is "high subtext/one side confirmed text" (not saying that would fully apply to this specific series, but it could be viewed that way).

By rearranging we get to have the build up and the pay off for certain characters and then come back to the skipped chapters in a possible season 2.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Ahhh, new stuff!!

Also the ayano palindrome looks really annoyed....

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Alas, not even playing through Great Ace Attorney Chronicles could teach me how to do cross-eyed 3D for this...

Pat%20dixon3
joined Nov 6, 2021

Wait, so this serie is more than a decade, is it worth getting invested in this? How's the yuri? I need to know, man what a undertaking, I'm scared. Anyone read it all? What's like your recommendation?

joined Feb 2, 2019

Wait, so this serie is more than a decade, is it worth getting invested in this? How's the yuri? I need to know, man what a undertaking, I'm scared. Anyone read it all? What's like your recommendation?

I read it in a week, it's pretty good. Take it slow, read it when you're dying for a hit of yuri and you'll burn through the whole backlog before you'll notice it

Alas, not even playing through Great Ace Attorney Chronicles could teach me how to do cross-eyed 3D for this...

Try to push the image right up your face until the dot converges, then slowly move the blurry image away from your face until it is in focus. Blinking helped me stay cross-eyed

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 6:06PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

earthwormjim posted:

Highly recommended, loooooooots of yuri to be found, you will certainly find a pair you like ... the only criticism this series receives is having too many characters (that's good depending on the person...like me), the art also improves a lot over time, getting more delicate and cute without losing those sexy curves that makes it stand out.

I can't do the eye trick... might be easier on the phone?

last edited at Feb 22, 2022 6:43PM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I'm pretty sure the 3D image is viewed with parallel eyes, not crossed eyes. One trick that works for me: look above your screen at soemthing far away, then slowly bring your eyes down to the screen while still focusing on the far-away thing. Making the image smaller might help so you dont need to move your eyes so much.

43353v3
joined Jun 7, 2020

Wasn't there a disclaimer note a few chapters back that the author planned to make this into a weekly/bi-weekly release or am I misremembering?

To reply you must either login or sign up.