Forum › Tachibanakan -ToLie- Triangle discussion

thatonecrystal
Img_20160203_151328[1]
joined Feb 27, 2016

How do you end up getting tangled by the rope when you just tripped? I mean, yeah you can get tangled, but it's all around her arms and legs and even went past the 'down' side of her body. Oh well. Fanservice is fanservice.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, this series has been educational for me. I have learned for sure what I always suspected: A good part of the reason I like yuri has nothing to do with it being all girls, it's that I like the way yuri stories are normally told and find the way cliche shounen stories are normally told boring and annoying. Case in point: A yuri told like a cliche shounen, and turns out having one extra girl substituting for the lone guy does not make me like it.

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

If this story is back to being translated can opapagoto please resume being translated as well. Though neither can be called yuri masterpieces I find that one to be a much better yuri story than this one

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 3:49PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

If this is what Yuri Hime intends to become, we are heading toward a dark age for yuri...

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Rooting for the childhood friend, though it's very unlikely that they're endgame since Iori has more intimate moments with MC. Anime like Strawberry Panic (remember Yaya and Tamao?) made me biased in favor of the best friend or childhood friend.

joined Jun 12, 2015

If this is what Yuri Hime intends to become, we are heading toward a dark age for yuri...

α + yuri
New idea in Yuri Hime. More focus on plot and characters. I think something went completely wrong.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I like Merryhachi's art, but the script is beyond silly.

But I do kinda like it because I'm absolute trash

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Case in point: A yuri told like a cliche shounen, and turns out having one extra girl substituting for the lone guy does not make me like it.

I was thinking that it could have potential, who knows how it would go right? Doesn't hurt to try the shonen genre with with yuri (i don't mean the cliche shonen genre, like, a good plot that's more shonen but rather than guys it's gay girls) but wow this chapter was really shit

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Just realized this series reminds me of Kanamemo, which is funny because I couldn't get through Kanamemo at all

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

I want to agree with you but this chapter made me aware of new fetiches that I could enjoy so I can't feel that way.

But hey, this is good, we have the full cliche, easy and ecchi yuri and in the other hand we have the pretty, soft and delicate Bloom into You (idk where this one is being published), and they're both very popular and I love both.

joined Apr 25, 2013

I'd rather have yuri like this than more Yuru Yuri. It's gotten to the point where non-yuri magazines have series that are actually more yuri than anything YH has.

And Yuri Danshi was cancelled, so things are actually looking a lot less dark for YH.

joined Aug 19, 2012

I'd rather have yuri like this than more Yuru Yuri. It's gotten to the point where non-yuri magazines have series that are actually more yuri than anything YH has.

And Yuri Danshi was cancelled, so things are actually looking a lot less dark for YH.

Already? I thought yuri danshi 2 just started

Also 10/10 chapter.

last edited at Mar 28, 2016 3:59AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, what I wish for yuri series is more things like Sasameki Koto, Girlfriends, Bloom Into You, Octave, Hanjuku Joshi, Tonari no Roboto, more Takemiya Jin or even Yuri Kuma Arashi, etc...Stories where the theme of "yuri", or romance between girls, is central or somewhat a big part of the plot.

I don't need more Yuru Yuri, Kiniro Mosaic, New Game, Non Non Biyori and other Cute Girls Doing Cute Things With Subtext. Or even this faux harem with a girl protagonist.

Even though I know that's what the general japanese public wants and that these publications need to sell. Sadly, my/our preferences are not part of mainstream so we get our fix only randomly.

last edited at Mar 28, 2016 4:04AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Already? I thought yuri danshi 2 just started

The first volume of "I Don't Need Wives Anymore!!" (that's the offcial english title for Yuri Danshi sequel btw) didn't sale. That's why it goes on hiatus. Kurata Uso was really upset about it cause he already had the whole stoy with more yuri and yuri ending. Just look at his twitter. He says "with this sequel, Yuri Danshi will be reborn as a work befitting of Yuri Hime!". I think he and his editor just made a series of poor decisions. The first volume felt more like the start of het romance.

joined Dec 7, 2014

Well, this series has been educational for me. I have learned for sure what I always suspected: A good part of the reason I like yuri has nothing to do with it being all girls, it's that I like the way yuri stories are normally told and find the way cliche shounen stories are normally told boring and annoying. Case in point: A yuri told like a cliche shounen, and turns out having one extra girl substituting for the lone guy does not make me like it.

This pretty much.

Yuri does not make up for harem hijinks, filler chapters, overly violent psychopaths, MC's spineless enough to put up with this crap - although at least this MC isn't quite as clueless and is frankly the only person I have some sympathy for, being stuck in that hell hole of an apartment for at least a month and having to dodge a molesting drunk and said psychopath that likes beating on her.

But yeah, this is as terrible as any other cliche harem plot and not worth further reading.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

Well, what I wish for yuri series is more things like Sasameki Koto, Girlfriends, Bloom Into You, Octave, Hanjuku Joshi, Tonari no Roboto, more Takemiya Jin or even Yuri Kuma Arashi, etc...Stories where the theme of "yuri", or romance between girls, is central or somewhat a big part of the plot.

I don't need more Yuru Yuri, Kiniro Mosaic, New Game, Non Non Biyori and other Cute Girls Doing Cute Things With Subtext. Or even this faux harem with a girl protagonist.

Even though I know that's what the general japanese public wants and that these publications need to sell. Sadly, my/our preferences are not part of mainstream so we get our fix only randomly.

There is a pretty healthy amount of ongoing manga yuri series.

What's severely lacking is actual yuri anime.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Damn, I forgot about this manga.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Chapter 5 was out.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

what bothers me is that ch 3 was literally the most pointless chapter I have ever read in a manga. Why do I care that Konomi is holding her bladder for literally hours. I know its a slice of life but there are better daily activites that this manga can make a comedic/fan service situation.

It annoys me soo much if they wanted full fan service why doesn't Konomi slip and put milk all over herself or some shit. Why does it have to be her holding in her bladder which is disgusting its not even sexy getting a panty shot of someone holding her bladder. Its not funny either, I know everyone has different humour but still come up with better situations. If your going to go full ecchi at least make it sexy. This is just ewww.

joined Aug 6, 2015

3 chapters in, and we've already abandoned the yuri plot for a bladder plot.

I saw chapter 3 pop up and decided to give the series one last shot since it had been so long since chapter 2. This is what I was given. I should have stuck to my guns.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Guys if this ain't your cup of tea then leave, stop hatin'

joined Sep 21, 2014

PVs (a sfw and a nsfw version) were released for the 3rd volume
I only remember the general gist of this manga but these have my attention. Blondie seems pretty uh eye-catching

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 8:54PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

Kek. PV for the 3rd volume and they showed nothing from the volume. Everything is from that short eroge.

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 4:40AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

By Chaosteam:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I only remember the general gist of this manga but these have my attention. Blondie seems pretty uh eye-catching

I don't recognize any of these characters... I guess the main girl's harem will be growing larger in the future? I was a bit incensed that the harem just turned out to be a love triangle since I want a yuri harem story, damn it, but it seems like my worries are going to be rectified. Well, I'm more incensed by all the fanservice, but... what else would you expect from a harem manga...

last edited at Nov 7, 2016 9:44PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.