Forum › Netsuzou Trap discussion

joined May 4, 2013

I can't appreciate the fact that this IS tagged as a yuri manga. This series is a virulent example of the girls cheating with another girl because she's more important and will get away because she knows the protag better trope. It's tiring. There's no need to actually toy with Yuma's feelings and get in between her and Takeda. Takeda is a cool swell guy, he doesn't deserve it. This series is a mess, and predictable. Really disappointed if Hotaru somehow wins over Yuma, seriously. Unless there will be a twist, but I'm not gonna hold on to it.

Why's that dark haired gurl even dating that guy? Is it to have an excuse to "practice" all sort of stuff with her childhood friend??... o_O

Copy%20(6)%20of%20copy%20of%20ma%20pic
joined Feb 3, 2014

That last sentence though.. Gurlll you're definitely gay as hell but you don't know it. Poor Yuma

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Why's that dark haired gurl even dating that guy? Is it to have an excuse to "practice" all sort of stuff with her childhood friend??... o_O

Seems to be the case but this round she seems to have run into a looney. Her prior relationships were probably to gauge Yuma's reaction to them in hope of prompting her into action.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Probably the oldschool excuse of dating someone else to get attention

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To hell with the guys. I can't empathize with them at all. There's plenty of fishes in the sea for them.

Because that is so not fair to us. It's not like us guys more heterosexual than homosexual fall in love with anything we can thrust our sword in. There's only 'at most' one special person for us at any given time the same exact way (since I still don't know where I stand on the concept of having more than one romantic partner at any given time, I'll assume it isn't a thing for sake of ease of argument only...it's rather irrelevant in this case). But all the same you're on the right track with the fact I see Hotaru and Yuma fitting together nicely and they seem to work well for each other.

Did you seriously #NotAllMen here? That's hilarious.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah he did, tried to pull the sympathy card on an audience that is mostly indifferent or even hostile. I-It's gunna work g-guises!

#NotAllMenButEnoughMen
Channeled the proper Tumblr replied just because

Rsz_x7m817y
joined Jan 31, 2015

My take on this is :

• Hotaru has been going out with multiple guys to "run away" from her feelings for Yuma
  • Yuma felt uneasy about this, because of her own unconscious feelings.
  • Current relationship of Hotaru is toxic but she's afraid to break-up.
  • She's desperate because Yuma started going out with Takeda, so because of this and previous point, she drops hints left and right for Yuma to pick up and save her.
  • Takeda is maybe interested in Hotaru (they were classmates and he worried about her? Fishy...). Though it's a bit far fetched.
  • Yuma can't sort her own feelings and is confused about Hotaru's actions. So she doesn't think it's cheating. But she's not that much into Takeda (although he seems to be nice to her). She sees him as a fellow club member and not as a romantic interest much.
  • Takeda looks nice, but he's in a hurry to get in Yuma's pants.

Accurate representation of what's happening so far.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I keep wondering who is NTR'ing who here. Or who wants to be NTR'd.

joined Nov 5, 2013

I can't appreciate the fact that this IS tagged as a yuri manga.

But it is yuri. Just because you don't like doesn't mean it isn'.

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I'm probably a horrible person 'cause this is practically how my first love went (Yuma's position but was dating a girl but not as extreme)

Same goes for me and the worst is I was in Hotaru's position. I wasn't so forceful, but well I wasn't very nice either (also I wasn't abused, so that makes me even a worse person). There was no yuri ending in my case, but fortunately we are still friends and her boyfriend doesn't hate me either and I am a happily outed lesbian. Well, being a teenager is difficult, so I am really happy that I am adult now and usually not completely stupid. :D

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 11:10AM

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I smell an endless cycle of "who do I love? Jealousy. And even at some point a type of looooong anngts and betrayal or blackmail...."
Hm I'll stick around for the mean time....

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 11:22AM

Profile_picture_by_sejuani_winterswrath-d6lk1uw
joined May 18, 2013

I don't feel bad for Takeda, I don't feel bad for Hotaru... I just wanna see how this one ends.

Yuma is so clueless I'll stick around just to see how long it takes her to realise something at all.

Also, It's tagged cheating, If you don't like it just don't read, there's really no need to turn EVERYTHING into a wild debate. But, I you feel like, you should write your opinion just... take it easy xD.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 11:36AM

Picsart_1429787879161
joined Dec 6, 2014

It's funny how Yuma's kisses with the guy is blurred or whatever you call that but Yuma and Hotaru kisses are drawn in detail haha this somehow helps me tolerate the het thingy cause I really het dramas. I'm all for the yuri, man.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm probably a horrible person 'cause this is practically how my first love went (Yuma's position but was dating a girl but not as extreme)

Same goes for me and the worst is I was in Hotaru's position. I wasn't so forceful, but well I wasn't very nice either (also I wasn't abused, so that makes me even a worse person). There was no yuri ending in my case, but fortunately we are still friends and her boyfriend doesn't hate me either and I am a happily outed lesbian. Well, being a teenager is difficult, so I am really happy that I am adult now and usually not completely stupid. :D

In my case, she dumped him for me after I made my interest really clear. But her relationship at the time was already strained. Bf didn't protest much.

So temporary yuri ending for me, cuz it lasted only a few months afterward... oh well, my teenage years are gone and I'm wiser, I hope.

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 12:13PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Yeah he did, tried to pull the sympathy card on an audience that is mostly indifferent or even hostile. I-It's gunna work g-guises!

#NotAllMenButEnoughMen
Channeled the proper Tumblr replied just because

facempalm.jpg

No. I did not #notallmen. Not even in the slightest. I said that disregarding our feelings simply because we have other options as if we could easily move on is rude and offensive; it devalues both our love and our 'self'. And I am further hurt that it became a personal attack, as if I'm trying to pull the whole "meninism" bullshit.

I am on your side for pretty much everything. Don't bristle at people like me just because of preconceived stereotypes, it only works against you in the end because it has the same effect that ad hominum has in an argument.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Because Takeda feelings are supposedly genuine, Yuma isn't obligated to love him back. In fact, she states that she can't see him that way much. She probably accepted because she had no reason to refuse.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I'm assuming it's just me who hear the 'blame Hotaru' camp as treating Yuma like she belongs to Takeda? Some sound a little like they're treating this more as theft than anything...

Rsz_youravatar_3
joined Jun 30, 2015

Because Takeda feelings are supposedly genuine, Yuma isn't obligated to love him back. In fact, she states that she can't see him that way much. She probably accepted because she had no reason to refuse.

This, so much this. For all the whiteknighting and moralfagging on this thread, they don't seem to realize that the underlying theme here is Yuma coming to terms with her own feelings, as if a love born from obligation is not something that should be put to question.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm assuming it's just me who hear the 'blame Hotaru' camp as treating Yuma like she belongs to Takeda? Some sound a little like they're treating this more as theft than anything...

I guess some guys around here are butthurt because they were dumped by their g/f for someone else.

Or they are afraid to be.

It happens. It hurts. But you eventually get over it. And find a new love.

joined Mar 23, 2013

facempalm.jpg

No. I did not #notallmen. Not even in the slightest. I said that disregarding our feelings simply because we have other options as if we could easily move on is rude and offensive

It's not, it is simply a mathematically true statement. You can easily move on, if you're an average human being with reign on your emotions and aren't completly misadapted.

There's an argument to be made I suppose that one such person who's incredibly bad at socializing could have a lesser pool of potential love interests than an homosexual person.

it devalues both our love and our 'self'

Those are incredibly abstract concepts that even the person with all the information would not be able to truly rate and quantify these things. Don't get too upset people don't empathize.

That poster that didnt't care for men because they're hunting the same thing. It's obvious she would value her love and her self ( or another's in the same situation as her ) higher than yours.

It's a half full half empty glass type deal, a balance. It's not that she devalues Tekada's love itself but rather that she rates another's higher. In this scenario because they're fighting for the same target than yes, she "devalues" Takeda's love.

Just like me skipping lines IRL means I devalue others by putting my asshole self first, just deal wih it.

I am on your side for pretty much everything.

I'm on nobody's side by my own, speak for yourself.

TL;DR Why so upset?

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Morality is for philosopher sell! I am not a philophers so whataver
Actually the consentual het kiss make me piss off more than the phisical abusive
now I need watch something violence to calm down me

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Bit unsure about what you meant, but a bad end is very possible. Yuri Hime did mention of their intention to swap their focus.

Has Yuri Hime ever had a het ending for a series? Bad end is one thing, het ending would be a complete blindside. And I'm not inclined to feel oneshots count given that many a oneshot are specifically about gayngst and unrequited love.

And some of their issues of late, are the lowest rated in years of the manga magazine running.

Hard to believe given that they just went monthly but I'm not in the know these days, so I guess I'll take your word for it.

Thumb
joined Dec 23, 2014

Really liking this manga so far, and the art is so awesome. I really like the teasing/seductive side that Hotaru has~ The only character I don't like is Hotaru's boyfriend... really hoping that Yuma will hit him good when she finds out how he acts towards Hotaru!

And wow, so much hate in this thread...the story is fictional guys, calm down.

I guess some guys around here are butthurt because they were dumped by their g/f for someone else.

This.

To reply you must either login or sign up.