Forum › Posts by Taisukeikun

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

It's confirmed the author only cares about milking Sungji x Sumin's fans no matter how ridiculous the storyline might go. You can't expect anything amazing from someone who don't know how to treat their own characters fairly though lol.

last edited at Dec 26, 2019 2:39AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Sungji and Sumin being uninteresting doesn't mean Seju and Sumin should end up together....The most ideal is Sumin staying alone for the rest of her life since she wasn't even satisfied being with Seju, Sungji or any other girls after all. Don't drag the poor girl down with her...What Seju needs all this time is only love which doesn't have to be given from Sumin. But the only one Sumin loves is herself and still nobody knows what Sumin really needs until now. Maybe just someone who doesn't make her feel guilty for whatever she did because she has undeniable issues with self-esteem lol

last edited at Nov 5, 2019 1:34AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

The last side story is totally hopeless.

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018
  1. Seju: I put her on top of my list because she's my favourite character for so many reasons. This woman would definitely be wife material if you can help her change for better and take control of her in some cases.
  2. Won: a girl who can stay true to her kind color even when it seems the whole world has rarely treated her kindly. Strong, calm, restrained, harmless, and doesn't seem to take advantage of anyone or anything.
  3. Sunhwa: she might be childish when dealing with her feelings for Sumin back in schooldays but I prefer her to many other characters and have a feeling that she has become much more mature now, so I would like to see more of her story in the future if there is a chance.
  4. Purplehead CEO: seems like an intelligent businesswoman just like Seju, outgoing and cheerful. I'll be able to engage in some interesting conversations and get to know valuable knowledge from her sometimes.
  5. Sungji: Like purplehead one, hanging out for shopping or for a coffee talk with a beautiful friend like Sungji at weekends would be exciting. And also like Sunhwa, Sungji is more mature than she looks so it'll be fine to ask her for some advice on daily problems.

last edited at Aug 22, 2019 12:15PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Haha I wonder how can they end the murder act of that brother to Seju and her mom, Won's mysterious past of running away from not yet known reason, Seju's past of 10 years of torture and guilt with midget, also the time Seju's brother spent with her mom in the hotel that Gaji said will be shown in details in the 2nd side story One, in less than 5 chapters. Even 10 can't do that. Those above are the main problems Gaji has to solve, not SejuxWon's relationship development.

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 3:13AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Did I ever say I list out all the reasons for anyone to like Dowon? I only gave proofs why Seju is interested in her, all the little things have happened in the story that other folks point out, not my feelings for anything.

Also, all the possibilities that Dowon is acting/ playing games with Seju/ or even the assassin in disguise that want to kill her lol have come across my mind, BUT, these aren't related to the reasons why Seju finds her attractive at all. I hope you understand that :)

Lastly, what I desperately want is delete everything about Sumin in Seju's memory. Whether or not she's single, find happiness in other things in life, with or without Do Won, I'm totally fine.

last edited at Jul 15, 2019 2:56AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

I think it would be a little wrong to say Seju could do what she’s doing with Won with anyone else during these 10 years. As I said above, you could have taken time to wonder all the reasons hidden behind it which many folks have also mentioned.

• Won is totally Seju’s type: young, beautiful, cold on the outside but warm in the inside (chapter 4, 9), not to mention she’s a combination of “muscular + cute” which we can easily find in Sumin’s cuteness and the bartender’s figure (it was not even a mistake lol)

• Won is acting totally different from other people approaching Seju. She never crossed a line, only staying there to do her job, and their first talk beside the pool where Seju was expecting Won to insult her and see her as a bad person like any other people but Won was just like “Why should I do that?”. How can a businesswoman who have met all kinds of people like Seju couldn’t know if Won was actually looking down on her or not? So she opened up a little more because she could see that Won was not doing harm to her.

• Won cares for Seju to the point that she has to say that she’s not familiar with it, with someone caring for her that much before. She lent Seju her shoulder for hours, she carried Seju up to 4th floor and didn’t have dirty thoughts for Seju while someone else in her shoes would go for a steamy sex right away. Seju had been using all her energy to be the active one, caring and supporting Sumin's mental state whenever she broke up with a gf, so it would only take seconds for Seju to feel touched when somebody cares and turns her to being passive. Her sudden and unintentional kindness let Seju find it easier to open up.

• Won seems like a challenge to her: since Seju did strongly say “There’s nothing I can’t do” while they were drinking, I guess Seju would find something more interesting if it keeps on challenging her. And indeed, Team Gaji did really well in showing that Won was the only person who can seem to resist Seju’s charm, status, and she didn’t even want to spill anything about her story, the reason why she also ran away, which triggered Seju's curiosity towards her. Her 2 steps forward then 1 step back is a good strategy to catch attention from a cautious one like Seju.

• And “There’s nothing I can’t do now” when she thought she’s gonna have sex with Won since Seju knows Sumin and her have come to the end. She could give herself a chance to be with somebody else freely now.

Many other reasons if you pay attention to little details. She couldn’t do the same with anybody else during these 10 years because as she said in chapter 4, nobody made her feel like she wanted to see them. That it’s been too long since she received the innocent kindness from somebody. We see Seju as a really strong character but the truth is inside she’s even weaker than a paper, she acted tough at first but if you give her candies she will smile at you. For example Nami used a wrong approach, but Won - a right approach.

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 6:12PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Where there's smoke, there's fire I believe. I wouldn't mind sharing what I like and dislike in each ship, character, and the storytelling and accepting other arguments welcomingly but it would make no sense if people refuse to see it. There must be reason why some opinions seemed to not be welcomed in almost every place right? When everyone is moving on with new good things but some still get stuck in the past and now I'm glad there are only few readers left in this forum since it's just getting nowhere.

If you want to see something positively, it will be positive. If you want to see someone negatively, they will always be negative. The same to Won and Sungji characters. You were saying Sungji is a boring, poor developed character and just deliberately forgetting the fact that her good qualities are the only things that can save both immature Sumin and Seju from the 10-year toxic cycle where love was dying out because of long-termed torture. Why you expect her to be more complex when she is just a normal person living a normal life? Sumin was also an ordinary one before Seju came to her life and destroyed her good traits but thanks to this normal Sungji, Sumin finally could go back to being herself. Regarding One's story development, you said it is forced when things happened too quickly, but you also expected to see so many plot twist, changes when it went slowly (only 9 chapters so far) You said the story is just poorly about "two lesbians stucking in an island" but you never wondered why there's only two of them. How about Sumin going back to Seju and there would be 3 people in the island? Double standards?

Eee. Lol fucking tree. A fucking tree that can make Seju interested in. At the end of the day, I don't care if anybody is satisfied/dissatisfied with something. As long as Seju finds it good~

Well, nevermind. Good things take time lol

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Defending your ship is never an issue I want to talk about, but the thing is Matsuri kept saying like she knew very well how Team Gaji wanted the story to go and how they should end it, despite the fact that folks who know Korean translated the message the author wished to convey throughout the story. Do you know what it is? It's like when somebody always say "No" to you but you're determinedly forcing them to mean "Yes".

It's also funny that you mentioned that little question when I before had also addressed the poll of their favourite WDTFS couples in the same facebook group but you turned it down and pretended like you didn't know or acted oblivious to it because the result didn't go the way you want (where around 250 voted for Won x Seju, 130 voted for Sumin x Sungji, and only 15 voted for Seju x Sumin) and another poll regarding the side stories readers want by the same user who asked that question about Sumin x Seju being together for life, (352 voted for Won x Seju, 238 voted for Sumin x Sungji) while considering the little question, it's not even near 20% for your information, only 12 out of 97 comments (50/50 included) said Yes they wanted Seju and Sumin to get back together. So how many would go for Sumin x Sungji, Seju x Won if Sumin x Seju is 12? Did you count it or you just push up too high?

You said One is a downhill because there's no development lol but why I can totally see little changes in Seju's personality and the way she sees the world out there? The most important point is she's learning to be honest to herself, to her feelings and it'd super hilarious if someday somebody pointed out for Seju that what she's been feeling for Sumin during these 10 years is not love, like the way she was very sure in chap 91 that she thought it was love when nobody said it was, and the way, possibly, Team Gaji used Won - a clearheaded outsider that just has heard Seju's story to comment that "No girl, that wasn't love...". Seju grasped onto Sumin for years because she's the only light that Seju can see in her entire darkness, I'm afraid that she'll easily fall in love with somebody else too if that time there was also a person who treated her kindly like Sumin. If so, I would say Seju's love for Sumin is conditional and its condition is there's at least somebody caring for Baek Seju - who has never been loved by anyone. On the other hand in One, not to mention the fact that Won is Seju's type, Seju was totally oblivious to who Won truly is and doesn't even know if this person is unintentionally good to her or not but she just couldn't help approaching Won, willingly sharing her secrets to a stranger in exchange for that stranger's lifestory but in the end she couldn't go further as how she yearned for because of the damn guilt she brought along for years. Seju would never be curious about anyone's private life if it's merely sexual attraction, I think most of us can know it.

Yet when we go back to Paradise, what I can see is Team Gaji's trying to explain Sumin's/Seju's ways of love and seeing "happiness" are wholly different from each other, most because of their upbringing. Sumin needed private time and space for herself really bad but Seju always stepped in to mess up the life Sumin wanted. Sumin grew up in a "normal" world that everybody loves her, so she would see the definition of happiness in a more correct way than Seju (which includes family, friends, work, lover, hobbies...) but in Chapter 102 or even the entire Paradise, it was shown clearly that Seju's Happiness = only Sumin, she shoved away all other things (school life,Sumin's friends,..) as long as there is somebody loving and caring for her as I said above. Don't you think it's too unhealthy to just revolve yourself around 1 person like that? Even Sumin had to bring it up in mainstory, Chapter 74 where she wanted to resign from Hello Studio that Seju "should not live that miserably". You think they were meant to be and loved each other dearly but to me or even Team Gaji, it was more like obsession than love.

Seju in main story + Paradise = staying in comfort zone, afraid of changes, shoved away people, sticking at home and only around Sumin

Seju in One = going out, opening up, experiencing new things

The more Seju experiences new things, the more she realizes it's not only Sumin who was good and could love her. Seju has been a fish sticking in a little river, but it's time for her to go to the sea and see many more beautiful species worthy for her.

And lastly, I admit I'm now shipping Won and Seju because she's the only one who's willing to pay attention to Seju's feelings and truly cares for her well being. For example chapter 117, I'm very sure no one would ask her "Are you sad" when they were stopped in the middle of having sex like that, or chapter 109 when they first met Won sensed that Seju's feeling sad so as the person who really loves to eat a lot (even used food to release stress like the woman in chapter 116 mentioned Won went out to eat at 12am) she would think sharing food would make Seju less down. Did Sumin care that much for Seju even once? Did she ever stop her revenge mode to ask what Seju was thinking so they can share their struggles together and so Seju can stop suppressing her miserable feelings? I can also hate Won to guts and tell her to back off if she does wrong to Seju someday. So it's not the shipping problem, but just suppose me or many other Seju's fans who couldn't root for Sumin and Seju as Seju's mother, we would never want to let our daughter get married to a person who don't deserve her and only made her a choice rather than priority. Team Gaji even said that she wanted to protect Seju really bad because she's a truly good person, but can Sumin protect her?

And if you say Sumin x Seju going back together would be a better ending where assholes and lol your Mary Sues Won x Sungji completed each other then maybe it's time for me to stop believing in love. You like them because they were the same but the characters in Wdtfs say opposite attracts, because St. Sungji likes asshole Sumin and asshole Seju is into St. Do Won.

I also feel upset and disappointed that Sungji ended up with Sumin, many Sungji's fans feel the same but did they wish for the other ending? No, since they know that's what the author want. They, accept the truth.

last edited at Jul 14, 2019 4:53AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

By the way, it's extremely funny that you think Sungji would be ok with sharing her partner with someone else because she is so kind. I admit she's somehow boring, too kind as a character but you don't even understand Sungji, her thinking and the way she reacted to Sumin's cheating, sharing pillows with Seju. All of that has reasons but you never try to see it, or maybe I should say you ignore them all deliberately because her kindness just isn't the cup of tea that you want to figure out for more. It's not even tolerance lol. Don't let the overly kindness blind you. Sungji's not even perfect, she's childish, idiot and pissed off a lot times too. It's just that you don't want to see and understand it.

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 4:38PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

You seem to know the message of the story very well lol

Seju also deserves so much much much BETTER than Sumin, she deserved it even 100x more than Sungji because Sumin had been treating her like shit for 10 years. Why she needs to wear an A-cup sized when hers are Fcup? Don't you feel suffocating to force yourself being someone you are not? This is the only thing I can see in Sumin x Seju relationship. They weren't even honest to their feelings. And sorry Seju is not an asshole, she just needs a real family, which Sumin can never give. Do you actually think they can change? Getting more mature and come back together? If yes they would go back sooner, no need to wait until the relationship becomes this ugly where one is already moving on with a new girl (it's only you who wanted to see she wasn't happy with Sungji) and one is running away from her guilt. Like I said Seju was just too much for Sumin since the beginning, she could never and won't ever be able to handle Seju I must say. From mental, physical to sexual needs Sumin is too damn weak for Seju. I'm seriously glad that Seju didn't continue being with a person like that because if not, I'm afraid either Seju or Sumin or even both of them would die young when the assassin comes lol. On the other hand, Seju couldn't give what Sumin really needed either. You said they could change their like every bad habit, possessiveness, manipulation, revengeful torture, etc.. just be more mature and get back someday, but why don't you give that open-minded thought for Sungji x Sumin and Dowon x Seju? Just why you prefer stinking food anyway?

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Lmao you expect to see changes in only 9 chapters?! Let's never forget that it's Seju's upbringing that makes it hard for her move on, not Sumin. Not to mention we don't know any effing things about this Do Won character yet but you're acting as if you're very sure how the story would go and end hah

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 12:50PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

UGHHH I'm not gonna say anything to your obsession over Seju x Sumin even though the author addressed too clearly and consistently that they are not the main couple they want and they would never get back together.

But to claim that Dowon and Sungji are 2D af is too arrogant you know, lmao just because you can't and have never been able to meet them in real life doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't know much about Sungji but I myself have an elder sister who's very similar to Dowon lol, the most obvious good traits of hers are perseverance and patience. I don't defend any ship and won't never discuss about it here but trust me, people like Dowon and Sungji DO EXIST. I mean what you expect from them? You're getting upset because some characters didn't react the way you want or the storytelling is too dissatisfied? Are you even the author/the characters to consider that? It's funny af that you keep shipping a bird and a fish.

last edited at Jul 12, 2019 11:04AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

She was in love with the Red haired girl for real too. But the difference is, unlike Seju or Red, Sungji was willing to work things out properly with her, mature enough to give her time and space to reconsider their relationship. While Seju just went along with her little game, not leaving and not fighting, and Red neglecting and giving up on her. Sungji, on the other hand, thought Sumin would find happiness in Seju so she let her go, but 2 months later, at the wedding hall of her friend, she saw Sumin sitting next to her again with tears all over her face. It was enough for Sungji to know she made a wrong but right decision, that it was her that Sumin needs and loves, the empty feeling of not having Sungji stayed by Sumin's side has made her realize the one in her heart right now. Sumin loved Seju for sure, but as Seju said, even Seju herself knows too well now that even they got back back together, the one Sumin misses would be Sungji, not Baek Seju "in the past". She knows too well Sumin's love for current Seju was dying gradually in 10 years, only feelings of when they were in love lingered. That's why it was hard to let go, because of the memories they built together.

And I think we need to keep in mind this. Sumin chose to be with Sungji because it was Sungji that she loves. Not because she's a suitable partner for her. It was because of her feelings for Sungji that made her think their relationship will work out and try her best to maintain it. Not like we can't find Sungji's traits in Sumin's ex lovers. It's ok to say they don't match, but you shouldn't negate or degrade her love for Sungji, totally different.

One last thing. Move on.

last edited at May 24, 2019 3:50AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

They still draw sex scenes but since Kakao doesn't allow adult content so these parts are censored. For example, I'm sure there was a steamy sex between Sungji and Sumin in chapter 108 because its length was way shorter than other chapters. Or a naked Seju in the living room after taking a bath that forced Dowon to turn her head away in chap 110. We know they removed it. Luckily, we still have a chance to see them on Tappytoon.

last edited at May 22, 2019 12:08PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

I don't force anyone to like the new character either, I also spent quite a time to adapt to all these new things. I also had started reading the story since Seju cut her hair to get Sumin back in her life so I guess I'm not that of a new reader to be too oblivious in these kinds of arguments.

Whether or not Sumin and Seju get back together isn't the problem, but the problem is some asking too much on how the story should go when you're not even the author, you can't just force them to get rid of something when it's what they want to tell. You shouldn't expect Sungji x Sumin to become a much more interesting couple to finally let us know that they have some better points over Seju x Sumin, to at least show us that this canon make more sense than the failed one Seju x Sumin. Sungjimin may not be my taste, or your taste but they're still the best ship in the eyes of most WDTFS readers. Then the biggest problem is, we're focusing too much on the same topic over again when Team Gaji already moved on to another story about Seju's life with someone else. What do you expect when it's just 3 chapters, just a small flashbacks and you felt disappointed already? Just 3 chapters and you want to see something great in Dowon? Tell me what did you see in all three characters when you had only read the first 3 chapters of the main story? Do you even think that Seju would become this pathetic? Do you even think that Sumin could be this broken? or Sungji could be this angelic?

The main point is, only 3 chapters and you got disappointed too quick.

By the way, I'm not saying it's you who want Sumin Seju together again MacySan.

last edited at May 12, 2019 11:05AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Interesting. So basically Sumin and Seju are both well-developed characters so they need to end up with each other for god’s sake? How about Hermione and Ron then? Why should 2 damaged people end up together to begin with? Where is the must here? And to me, only Sumin’s fucked up personality seems to make her a little bit more interesting. Her background, her status, many others are too mediorce.

You can’t be the representative of readers just because you pay for the story either. Don’t think that I don’t pay, then again, people all have many reasons why they want to pay for a certain story. For example, even when WDTFS was finished on Lezhin, I still paid for a quite number of old chapters that I’ve read on other free sites just because I want to know if there is some information that was mistranslated, so that I can catch up with some new details. I’m also paying on Tappytoon with the same reason. I’m trying my best to gain access on Kakaopage to read the latest chapter as soon as it got released, not knowing whether or not Seju will have a happy ending. I just want to see her face, simply because of that, which also means I will stop paying once Team Gaji moves to Nammi, Dawoon, Sumin Sungji side stories. Many people read the story for the same reason as me, only because it is about your favorite character. I don’t fucking care if it is boring, sad, desperate, satisfied,… If there is Baek Seju, I will raise up both my hands. You of course have your own reason too, but remember that your reason only takes a small portion of the fandom. Both yours and mine, are small. It's not that easy to become a representative of anything.

When I said I read the story because I want to see Seju happy, it is just simply what it is. Team Gaji decided to write an extra for her and they also said it would be quite long, Paradise is just an prologue of it. So that means her story doesn’t end there, they could just simply end her life at chapter 91, but hell no, they didn't. Team Gaji wouldn't waste their time on her story if it doesn't make her happy. What's too unclear about it? What's your so scared of? I wasn’t that much surprised when flashbacks about Sumin appear once again lmao, because it’s not like Seju can forget all about Sumin in one or two days, it would be too damn weird if they don’t mention a bit about her to be honest.

If you don’t like the way they write story or too scared or frustrated that the ending might end up crashing your ship, you’d better drop it. Because Team Gaji will surely disappoint you, as Seju x Sumin has never been their canon from the beginning. The message of the story they want to tell is healing, that no matter how much broken your past relationships were, you still have another chance to fall in love once again.

Some people apparently just paired Seju up with any random woman they could possibly find in the manhwa. They seem to be so unselective when it comes to wanting someone for Seju. What's so great about that caretaker? Seju x Dowon is kinda like Snowwhite x Dwarf imo.

At least she's much much greater than Sumin. Do you think I would pair her up with Seju when her personality is like Nammi, Sumin, Sungji or even the assassin?! Do you think Seju would randomly talk and smile with Dowon for no reason? She's already different from others the way she treats Seju. Not any random woman for your information.

last edited at May 12, 2019 9:53AM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Remove Sejumin, remove the flashbacks, and this is an extremely mediocre story. I hope that changes but I don’t think it will since the flashback keeps being used as storytelling crutch by Team GJ. It makes me tired and since I actually pay for the story, I am planning to drop it if they continue throwing flashbacks.

Why need to remove both Sejumin btw? If you want, just removing Seju already made the story way less interesting. Also, removing Seju is enough, let her have another life then since it's Sungji x Sumin who is the main couple here.

I'm telling you, "shipping" can be a toxic way of looking at stories--it seems to drive some people insane, or at least deaf to what people are actually saying about a work.

I don't ship Seju with anyone here, I just want her to find happiness and so far the person who can bring it to her is Do Won so you know, but if it's changed to Sumin or Nammi then it would be a big NO for me. And also, if Do Won turns out to be a bad woman then it would also be a big NO for me. In conclusion, I only want Seju to be happy. Shipping isn't the matter here

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:44PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Well I wouldn't vote for Seju x Sumin either, despite the fact that I find their dynamic the most interesting of them all.
I just think everyone knows they won't happen, plus all this "toxic" etc, so they wouldn't vote for them anyway.
People are just desperate for Seju to find someone, and that shows how they voted for a character who has barely appeared.

Desperate for Seju to find someone who has barely appeared.....How I wished you go wander more sites like facebook, mangago, discord where are filled of discussions. Do Won has caught many readers' heart through the way she treats and worried for Seju, especially her princess carry in the latest chap. She has many good traits except for her tanned appearance that quite many people don't like.

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Also I find it funny how these folks say that Sumin is “completely absolutely” over Seju like the story has shown that for chapters on end. Let me see...Seju left in ch 91, up to that point Sumin has not truly decided shit and is entangled with both.

I thought Sumin already decided, that she really hope it would be the last snow they'll be seeing with each other. I also find it funny how you're so determined in implying that Seju x Sumin were meant to be no matter how toxic they are, no matter how much Sumin had given up on Seju. I thought Paradise had told us everything, that they, Seju and Sumin, used to be in love with each other. They don't regret it. However, they now have a different future path to go, Safe journey for Seju. Period.

Then, no matter how rushed and nonsense Sungji and Sumin got back together, it doesn't have anything to do with them being a worse end-game couple as compared to Seju and Sumin, as I said, it's still Sungji who Sumin chooses to be with. It was Sungji who Sungji wants to get back to her life, not Seju. Please remember that.

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Even though there are also some nonsense options but yeah I still can't believe Sejumin only got 4 votes lol. Even Seju x Sungji beat them, I guess most of us don't like toxic relationships.

I really love Dowon too, I mean if I can have a girlfriend like her then maybe I have nothing left to feel regret. She seems patient and very understanding as well. I guess it's her seriousness, carefreeness and sincerity that made Seju feel it easier to open up her heart. Like "she's different than other people, she won't do harm to me"

last edited at May 11, 2019 2:07PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

To be honest, I think the reasons why Sumin still stays are because
1. Sumin loves those places, she doesn't feel the need to go.
2. She wants to become friends with Seju again someday.

Oh and I’ve just found it on facebook group.

This looks funny considering how they have made their appearance for just 3 chapters. Reasons why I also chose them are simply because I get to see a more real Baek Seju, and how she is treated like a queen, like she always deserves. Not a Baek Seju who has to act strong and fine around Sumin even though she wasn’t. In One I can see her vulnerability and I love to see more of her new sides as well, she’s a human after all.

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:57PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

If you have to "face" your ex to prove you're over them, then you're still not. Because that still indicates some type of feeling. Indifference is the opposite of love.

What's to prove here? I don't see Sumin showing any hints that's she trying to prove something anyway, she only does it because it's what she wants. Didn't you know Sumin took interest in the apartment first before Seju bought it? Didn't you know Sumin worked at Hello Studio first before Seju took over it and became the CEO? Sumin only chose to keep staying/working at the places she wanted to stay before. Again, whether or not Seju will show up leaves no impact to her life/feelings.

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:37PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Summary of the problem right there. If even people who badly want the 2 to not be together describe the relationship as “unbreakable bond”, you know Team GJ needs to either embrace the bond or change the focus away from it completely to make the new relationships actually rewarding by themselves, and not rewarding only in the context of Sejumin not being together because “muh toxic” “muh I want Seju to be happy without Sumin” “muh I want Sumin to be happy without Seju”.

Forgot to say, it once was an unbreakable bond, however it's too broken to go back now. When you got older, there are always some kinds of people whom you suddenly see in your old pictures, forcing you to ask "who is this?"; they are your past, you may or may not forget them, but still you have your own life now. What they're doing at this time, whom they are with, etc. no longer has any impact to your life.

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:28PM

Taisukeikun
joined May 6, 2018

Flashbacks can happen at any time they want since Sumin is also a HUGE part of Seju's past, it's not like she can go to Jeju island and forget all about Sumin in a blink of eye. When she's lonely she will remember those times with Sumin but still the latest flashbacks seem to focus on Seju's point of view more, we've got to see how she also had her own life but was dragged down by Sumin's revenge.

So far we have just seen only 3 chapters about Seju and Do Won, we can't tell if she's really nicer than Sumin or a compatible cute partner of Seju like Sungji to Sumin. I mean, to negate their relationship this soon is just too much. What can you expect to see in Do Won when only 3 chapters have been released? Just like how we didn't know that Sumin was once a soft cutie when was dating Seju until we've got to read Paradise. So what if One is the main story and how would you see Sumin when the ex of the protagonist Seju was introduced that way? Dislike her definitely. We should only judge a person when we have chances to see their personality/attitude from many different angles.

I agree that Sungji wasn't that impressive as a character, but I have to say I love this point because in life there's always things like that. That one person don't have to do much but still naturally, randomly caught someone's heart, while one person sacrificed like their whole life for someone but still got nothing in the end. Simply put, what is yours will forever be yours. I don't see Sumin chose over Sungji because Seju had left either, it was Sumin who chose to leave Seju first, Seju wouldn't even stand a chance to stay near Sumin's house once again if she wasn't harmed by that assassin. Whether or not Seju stays around, Sumin will only choose Sungji.

About Sumin still wander around places that she used to be with Seju like the company or the apartment, well, I can only wonder how on earth she has the face to do that. But isn't it the real art of letting when you live/work in a place full of traces of your ex but still be able to stay all happy with your new girlfriend without even thinking of your ex for a second? It was really much like, you finally feel nothing when you're standing face to face with your ex. Not just trying so hard to avoid them and just the moment you see them, you get broken into pieces once again or have a very hard time to deal with those confusion. Sumin, as sunbaenim said, has now felt too indifferent to Seju, she has moved on with the help of Sungji totally. Why have to be with the person who can't make you become a better person? I also believe, if Sumin can move on, Seju can too, even though her case would be much harder than Sumin's.

last edited at May 11, 2019 1:26PM