Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Wdtfs is cancelled?

Nah, they just have a short hiatus, the next chap will be established on 18th

Its true that there are some problems between authors and lezhin at the moment like Nora has said but wdtfs is the biggest GL success on lezhin so lezhin as well as TG wont cancel it halfway, especially lezhin, they will lose a money cow after all xDDDDDD. The problems might be mainly from other authors.

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

pardon me? I've just joined this forum lmao. Can I ask where you get the info that this side story alone would be about 10 chapters? Honestly, I dont like it a little, people all need to focus on the present you know. I think it's kind of boring so now I have to wait for at least 3 months for the 4 other ones =))) ??? How long that could be...

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

pardon me? I've just joined this forum lmao. Can I ask where you get the info that this side story alone would be about 10 chapters? Honestly, I dont like it a little, people all need to focus on the present you know. I think it's kind of boring so now I have to wait for at least 3 months for the 4 other ones =))) ??? How long that could be...

Why would you tell people to focus on the present when they don't find it appealing???lol I'm using all my Lezhin coins to Paradise story, both Korean and English since SejuxSumin is much more to my liking and I'm not gonna waste it on SuminxSungji after story xDDD coz uhhh (what's better sounding than boring..monotonous? bland? ahh) their story is tedious(lol jk it just sounds horrible and funny)

Just each to their own..dont go telling people what they need/should do..let them enjoy what they want to enjoy..

For your question--there are still 7 more chapters left for Paradise (this info was mentioned by the authors in their Twitter) so it will end after 3 months in the least if they don't have hiatus.

last edited at Dec 8, 2017 3:04PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

haleyd16

There will be more than 10 chaps for this story alone, and all side stories combined would last more than 1 year long, after that, TG is planning to release another short story (which I think they just teased the title in the last chap). Where can we find these infos? Their twitter, but good luck to reading all that, they are all in korean, lolllll.

And honestly, if you hate this story this much, just stop reading wdtfs for 4 months and come back to read other side stories, lolllk

P.S: Its really LOL that you go on a Seju lovers forum where most of them have soft spot for SejuxSumin to tell them about how stupid they are to focus on the past and whine about waiting for 3 months for the next story, LOL. Do you really expect a nice answer from the way you ask? LOL

joined Mar 21, 2017

haleyd16

Sometimes it's nice to look at the past, especially if it has happy memories.

Btw going by your avatar i'm assuming you are wanting to see what is happening with Seju in the present rather than the past?

last edited at Dec 9, 2017 2:30AM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

I'm sorry if the way I expressed my opinion annoys any of you. As I said above, I only inform that I don't like this side story just a little, I don't hate it cause the past is always there and there's no way we can erase it, it's beautiful as well as how I observed it since the beginning of WDTFS.

I'm a big fan of Seju, we all know very well that the way the story ends is hurtful for Seju, the authors did mention their past often throughout 93 chapters as well. Sometimes I've got to ask myself "Isn't it enough?" By that way I mean, It's like looking back at the burning picture while at present Seju is horribly desperate that she even wants to commit suicide.
It's like another way of hurting her when they keep on reminiscing the past, I'm totally okay with how this side story goes too based on what I've seen until now since I've got a chance to figure out that Seju is lonely and cold from the start, and that it's the cute and innocent Sumin who eventually melts her heart. Maybe it's just my negative perspective but I just don't feel the need to prolong it that much. Their beautiful first love is what makes I feel sorry for Seju. Look at how she and Sumin are living their lives right now, Sumin already get into another love with Sungji and now she thought to herself that Seju is really leaving?? It's like that deep inside she still expects Seju to be there for her. While Seju after spending 17 years for all these happiness and sadness, she lost everything, even her father cannot stay by her side anymore. Nothing works out right for her in the end, i seriously don't know what she has done to be treated this way.

Sometimes there are things that you need to forget and start a new page right? Not to keep on unearthing them. Sorry if I'm being to emotional, I just feel regrettable for Seju, the more beautiful their first love was, the more pain I've got when comparing Seju in the past and the very Seju who was trying to end her life by the end of this story. Well, although it's not the first time she wants to die, how pathetic that could be? But I'll keep on reading it though, I still prefer seeing the chemistry btw SejuxSumin than the main couple anw.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

haleyd16

We all have our own perspective. I fell in love with Seju because of her devotion to Sumin eventho she got nothing from it in the end and it really breaks my heart but that's the author's fault. Haha So seeing Paradise is both reward and torture at the same time. Haha But I love it. I love the two of them in the past. It overwhelms the pain. Even tho I know in the end they won't be together, I still love it and I still wanna see it. And I actually don't care about the main couple. So I would really love to see Paradise longer.

I do understand that Seju had it the worst among the three and I actually didn't see any "healing" at all, to be honest, with all of them since it was not executed properly but that's just my opinion. And so I can't really bring myself to appreciate that "future". I'd probably stop reading when Paradise is finished. I might also read the other side story with her new love interest but as a hardcore SuminxSeju fan, I don't think I'd really like it lol but I want my queen to get her much deserved happiness so yeah, it's still a win for me. <3

You might question me why I still like Seju to be with Sumin despite what happened between them; it's always because I think that they could have been a great pair but the author chose the other way around but it's theirs so what could I do haha and I think they wouldn't complain if I had different version in my mind. Lol but I won't tell everyone to like what I like and do what I do. ;)

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Gaji (the artist) wrote in her Twitter that the manuscript was cancelled, what's the readers fault?
So again and again.. Lezhin is altering the story and annoying their creators this much.

I truly feel bad for writers who had to abandon their health and stories so Lezhin could be happy !

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Wtf Lezhin. That's truly frustrating. And how much more for the authors. :(

last edited at Dec 11, 2017 10:21AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

I could be wrong but i believe the creators are complaining that they're not being payed properly for their work by Lezhin, going by the tweets from both Team Gaji and other creators on Lezhin. They also apparently have a blacklist of writers who speak out against them.

https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/60721?page=25

This is a petition started by a former Lezhin artist asking the government to look into starting a tax investigation into Resin comics (Lezhin).

last edited at Dec 13, 2017 6:55AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

About lezhin and their authors though, its really too early for us to give any comments or taking any side and blaming the other.

Employees ALWAYS complain about their paycheck with their employer ALL the time. They always think they're underpaid or overworked. That's just how working life is xDDDDDD and that's why employees jump to other companies for better paycheck. But that doesnt mean the employer is at wrong, business is about money after all. As an employee myself, I has experienced it alot

If between lezhin and their authors has a contract and lezhin is not paying them, I'm pretty sure, as an employee, we can sue them since they're violating the most important term in the contract, which I havent seen any of them do sue lezhin yet. All of their words are just speculations as of now about shady management and profit share which can be wrong or right until proven otherwise so I wont point my finger at any parties unless I know full story which I doubt we will

Everything is again down to one word "Money", LOL, which happens in every single employee-employer relationship, LOLL.

Gaji (the artist) wrote in her Twitter that the manuscript was cancelled, what's the readers fault?
So again and again.. Lezhin is altering the story and annoying their creators this much.

There is no mention of Lezhin has interfered in this decision, Nora, not even in an implication. There would be many factors contributed to this decision. Dont jump to conclusion too soon.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I'm sorry if the way I expressed my opinion annoys any of you. As I said above, I only inform that I don't like this side story just a little, I don't hate it cause the past is always there and there's no way we can erase it, it's beautiful as well as how I observed it since the beginning of WDTFS.

xDDDDD, your first comment really made alot of people her feel offended, lol but dont worry.

I'm a big fan of Seju, we all know very well that the way the story ends is hurtful for Seju,

Trust me, I know that you love Seju, your avatar says it loud and clear xDDDDDD.

the authors did mention their past often throughout 93 chapters as well. Sometimes I've got to ask myself "Isn't it enough?" By that way I mean, It's like looking back at the burning picture while at present Seju is horribly desperate that she even wants to commit suicide.

Seju has always wanted to commit suicide since God knows when, such a shame that I didnt get to see her really commit suicide for real, lol. No joking though, the author should've made Seju commit suicide for real when they keep building Seju that way.

It's like another way of hurting her when they keep on reminiscing the past, I'm totally okay with how this side story goes too based on what I've seen until now since I've got a chance to figure out that Seju is lonely and cold from the start, and that it's the cute and innocent Sumin who eventually melts her heart. Maybe it's just my negative perspective but I just don't feel the need to prolong it that much. Their beautiful first love is what makes I feel sorry for Seju. Look at how she and Sumin are living their lives right now, Sumin already get into another love with Sungji and now she thought to herself that Seju is really leaving?? It's like that deep inside she still expects Seju to be there for her. While Seju after spending 17 years for all these happiness and sadness, she lost everything, even her father cannot stay by her side anymore. Nothing works out right for her in the end, i seriously don't know what she has done to be treated this way.

Well, to be fair, Seju was the one who broke them, if we're about to blame, both of them were at fault. So all of the things she has endured for 17 years partly are her fault and Sumin's fault. She is just unlucky that the healing progress has never focused on her but only on Sumin in WDTFS so when WDTFS ended, the person who actually got healed was only Sumin while Seju was pushed to deep depression, lolll (I'm still bitter about the ending, they could've made a perfect healing with SejuxSumin and Sungji, lolll)

As for the past between SejuxSumin, tbh, to me, even in the main story, its always been implied about how beautiful their love was so its a nice chance for readers to get to see how beautiful it really was.

Personally, I think, TG's side stories are chosen very well, it included:
- SejuxSumin's beautiful past
- Seju's future, her own healing arc, albeit short but its a start for her
- SuminxSungji's whatever, lollll

=> it contains all, past, present and future for all three. So I think its all good.

And in my very honest opinion, SejuxSumin's past deserved a pretty long side story, no matter what kind of present they are in xDDDDD. It was beautiful and it deserves to be acknowledged by the readers xD.

last edited at Dec 11, 2017 10:22PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

yoonie0104

I do agree with you, was just giving some context as to what the artists may actually be complaining about.

Update for those who are interested

https://mobile.twitter.com/birries/status/939863733865558017

last edited at Dec 12, 2017 9:49PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Thanks, Es0teric!

joined Jan 8, 2018

Is there anyone else reading paradise?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I am buying both korean and english. And i looooove it- their past story.

joined Jan 8, 2018

LustGreed

Same here, what did you think of the latest? Other than this was so painful to read.

That was one cute first kiss. And I’m surprised Seju was so bold to kiss her and ask directly if she loved her.

If Seju stays is because Sumin asked her. Ugh so aggravating on the future

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Lurkingss

At this point I don't really care about the previous ending. I'm just enjoying their cute moments together. The latest chapter is exhilarating that I can't stop sqealling. I even pulled my friend's hair when Seju kissed Sumin xDDD

I'm just glad their relationship is not all about sex and sex and sex looool

last edited at Jan 12, 2018 12:45AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

I'm also reading Paradise though it is hard to get through all the blocked websites in where I am currently.. even to Dynasty.

I loved the slow progression between the two and how they got to understand their own feelings.. And the meaningful affection between the two.. how can I ignore Gaji's art and attention to details.. (the number of candles on Sumin's birthday cake.. she was 18 when she confessed to Seju) the last chapter reminds me a lot of chapter 91.. Sumin crying and Seju informing Sumin that she is doing everything she can for her before Seju leaves the country.

Seju didn't leave Korea during her bachelors time for Sumin and didn't go during her Master's to stay around Sumin. Did Sumin never want Seju to leave back then and till now ?

I look at Paradise opening and how WDTFS ended.. And I see the gap and conflicted emotions.

Was Sumin conflicted about the end of her relationship with Seju or Team Gaji themselves were conflicted on how to end it .. ! A question that we may never agree on its answer

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 9:13AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Meh, the more i read these extras, I'm getting even more convinced that Team Gaji, deep down, was a Teampink shipper.
They refuse to let it go and give Seju a new love interest. Instead of drawing Seju with that new dark skinned girl, surprise(!) we get a highschool Seju x Sumin. I'm still liking these moments, and Team Gaji has made me delusional-read their story. Which means, I can't help but read it, but when I do, I can only read this by trying to ignore the facts and what future holds for them. It's like blissful oblivion, but deep down knowing it's fake.

Also in the last chapter it doesn't really explain how Sumin went back to Hello Studio. Kinda feels like they left an open to the ending of Seju going back there again and creating the same love triangle.
Just admit it Team Gaji, you can't let this go lol.
But honestly that's too bad. Seju and Sumin had such a great relationship development. It would be so awesome if they actually ended up together.
And it's even more sad how Sumin was the reason why Seju didn't leave from Korea. If she had let her go back then, Seju might have found a girl who would try to work things through instead of staying angry and moving on only when someone better came.

joined Feb 4, 2017

MacySan

This is exactly what I think .. I find it truly hard to not think that the adjustment of the ending came along in the very end and it was forced on Team Gaji themselves through Lezhin.. I've seen other artists complain about the editing team in Lezhin but of course, I can't get through the language barrier that deep.

If the ending was planned to be what we have got .. Team Gaji had +2 years to make it more elegant.. at least on the level they ended the 2nd arc.. (That end that I've never seen before in a visual art.. not like that and not that bold and unapologitic)

Today.. Team Gaji didn't make a new chapter, excused by illness and stress for the second time in 5 chapters ..

Yes.. from 19th of November to Januaray.. we only got 5 chapters when we normally get 7.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Nora89

There is another post in this forum about what is happening at Lezhin. I don't buy into your "they changed the end" theory but there is definitely some stuff going on in regards to author payments. Even SBS news are talking about the issue.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Esoteric

The stupid undigistable ending from writers well known for their interesting plots sounded off ..

My sister reads some Yaoi Manhwas on Lezhin.. She noticed the same unless she was trying to agree with me to shut me up XDDDD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I wouldn't think they were forced to change the ending. Right from the beginning, to me it was clear that this was supposed to be a Sumin and Sungji ending. I mean, if you see how Sungji is introduced in the first chapters it gives off the vibe of endgame.

I just personally think they loved Seju more than they planned to. And they grew together with her character, but their plan from the beginning was a Sungji ending.
They probably started writing Seju, thinking they wanted to make a more fleshed out antagonist than your typical romance bad guy. They know what makes a good character after all.

If they did plan a Seju ending, I think they'd have to focus more on Sungji throughout the manhwa. Because a Seju ending with this Sungji development would make Sungji's character a bit of...a filler? Because they didn't focus much on showing why Sungji is the one for Sumin. It just seemed like she was just in the right place at the right time.
Also the popular ship was already teamblonde. But I do believe they fell in love with Seju a bit more than the main couple.

I'm not sure if Lezhin is so involved into how they want a story to end. To me it was more of the author's decision, also choosing the popular ship.

Seju's character hits too close to home with her whole depression element. And I've read that the artist was suffering from depression, so it makes me think that this character was also their personal emotional outlet.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 4:17PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

MacySan

After chapter 93 I'm no longer interested if it was a Seju× Sumin ending as I am concerned about HOW they made the end itself regardless if it is SuminXSungji or not. What strikes me is the execution.. felt way beneath any of Team Gaji's master piece chapters.
Even if in reality it was what you are saying: SuminXSungji ending.. I'm still doubting the route they took to there .. is it team Gaji's or Lezhin's.. or the logical bastard of a dispute between the two ends.

Team Gaji promised by the end of the second arc that the ending won't disappoint.. what happened?

Are we saying that Team Gaji decided from the beginning to take this route and shatter a work of 4 years in 2 chapters ? When they already said that they started the adaptation with the end in their minds.
There was hundreds of chances to make the ending more natural

We actually don't even know what happened to a lot of the stories focal points.. Sumin's return to the company story, the father's will that Sumin hid from Seju but we never saw again.. the house that we Saw Seju's mother in and Seahyun talked about.. etc

Let's say that Lezhin didn't affect the So called "end game" result .. why do we all feel that the story ended incomplete when we Saw Team Gaji use something or a clue from a 10 or 20 chapters ago.

Bottom Line
Something doesn't add up no matter how I think of it

Saying that this is the end decided right from the beginning is contradicting the idea that Team Gaji "accidentally" over invested in Seju while neglecting Sungji
- This argument shatters itself

Sungji and Sumin were planned to end together from the beginning, and at the same time team Gaji picked the popular ship and accidentally ignored adding depth to Sungji
- another very very weak argument

What I saw is someone abandoning their work at its end.. whether by force or by choice

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 6:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.