Forum › Posts by D1LD0Z3R

D1LD0Z3R
Funny_little_penguin_steam_avatars
joined Aug 18, 2017

Hey D1LD0Z3R,

I apologise .. I just saw this,

It's chapter 7

No worries. I think everyone has been sad bc Ssamba and WDTFS getting cancelled :(

But thank you, Nora! I was looking all the wrong places!

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

Hey, Nora?

If it's not too much trouble, do you remember the flashback of Sungji as a little girl? The one where she's crying and her brother tells her not to worry?

I have read the entire manwha again and I must have missed!!! Do you know the chapter? I can't even remember the context!

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

D1LD0Z3R

I remember one flashback where they are laying in bed together and Seju says something along the lines of, "Out of all the things I have, you are my favorite." I'd have to look for the chapter, but I'm sure Nora knows it off the top of her head XDDD

Ch72 if you need the info

I knew I could count on your memory LOL

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

Seju has been like that probably. Her mentality is kind of distorted due to her family's upbringing. I'm only expecting on how Sumin would change or at least influence her. I don't know what hopes you are talking about since we all know their future but if we disregard that, and prior to Sumin's parents' accident, I'm pretty sure they're doing well in their relationship. It's probably not all happy stuff and they might also have many conflicts due to their character but would be good to see on how they solve it,who knows. But I still think, that their story's build up is so far better than the main story(of course that's just my opinion, feel free to contradict looool).

Hahaha, no I mean hopes just in terms of their relationship. I just had hopes they worked on those issues (or at least talked about them). Unsaid words and feelings makes it hard to be open and honest in a relationship (friends or otherwise) and in turn can make it hard for two people to mend their relationship.

I just always have this hope that things could at least end with a healthy healing between the two of them. Maybe I'm just too stuck in my own head canon XDDDD

There's no denying that the development between Seju and Sumin is much more substantial and fleshed out than the main couple! (I personally ALSO feel that it was better though)

I'm team Pink for life though, I'm still holding on y'all.

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

I stopped lurking for a bit and decided to post because this last chapter really blew what I thought about their early relationship!

If we look back though, the signs of Seju being controlling and treating Sumin like an object has always kind of been there. I remember one flashback where they are laying in bed together and Seju says something along the lines of, "Out of all the things I have, you are my favorite." I'd have to look for the chapter, but I'm sure Nora knows it off the top of her head XDDD

I've got hopes this will lead to some conflict between them where they fight it out and then work it out...but I don't have super high hopes from the flashbacks we've seen so far.

What do you guys think? Do you think there was hope for these two from the looks of things as we know them right now?

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

I'm so sad. I know I shouldn't be...but...

I still feel like Sumin and Sungji don't have much chemistry together. This end wasn't as satisfying as I hoped. But looking back, now I think I may have been reading too far into things. Maybe this was supposed to be a light love story after all. T_T

After reading the official translation for chapter 91, I guess it's easier to let go but...

last edited at Sep 8, 2017 1:25PM

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

ah, I even have this idea that it is impossible that Saehyun could be Seju's father or even to have had a relationship with Ahn Chahee, Let's calculate:

• Seju's father: got sick and died at the age of 83 - Seju's age 34 = 48 years old when the father had Seju.
  • say he was 24 when he got his first son: the eldest son now is 59 and we know that Seju has 6 brothers..
  • estimate that the difference is 2 years between each son.. Saehyun is the youngest so maximum he could be now is 49..
  • so the age difference between Saehyun and Seju is 15 years.

Saehyun was 14~15 years old when Seju was born.. so he could have first met Ahn Chahee when he was 13 to 15 years old.

He could never have had a relationship with her or be Seju's father.

Thinking about it like that makes sense. But in the flashback in chapter 35, he looks like a young man, not a boy of 13 or 14.

Makes me wonder if this flashback was before or after Seju was born (Chahee doesn't look pregnant).

Maybe Saehyun was the one who killed Seju's mom? And that flashback was right before her demise?

Edit: or maybe that flashback was actually a dream and that's why he looked older and was shirtless.

last edited at Aug 25, 2017 11:18PM

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

I've almost understood Seju's actions for the whole manhwa, except only one scene, the scene with the new employee phone call when she repeated "nothing is gonna change, nothing is gonna change". What is not gonna change? Still a mystery to me.

Actually, Seju was singing a classic George Benson song. She repeated it because she forgot what comes after. "Nothing is gonna change, nothing is gonna change...... my love for you. You ought to know by now how much I love you. One thing you can be sure of, I never ask for more than your love." ....hahaha...

LOL I don't know why this made me laugh so hard hahaha

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

LMFAO. You mean like a crow getting to Dany overnight and she arrives to save the day ACROSS THE CONTINENT first thing in the morning?

Yep
In westeros we have whatsapp, the flazz, olympic gold medalist, and 3 jets

LOL what if the whole time we thought that TG were these amazing and innovative writers but it turns out they just made things up as they went and didn't really have a plan and in the end they just end things without tying up loose ends XDDDD

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

I hope wdtfs won't end like gots7e6. It's still pretty fun to watch and the cinematography is beautiful, only if you set aside the details.

Because there's a hole on the plot, plotholes

LMFAO. You mean like a crow getting to Dany overnight and she arrives to save the day ACROSS THE CONTINENT first thing in the morning?

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

looking at Seju in ch86 in HD and yummm..
it worth the 3 coins XDDD

didn't really catch up with the discussion.. what happened XD??
now, procrastination changed from dynasty to Lezhin

Nora

Yes, the HD version is worth all the coins XD. I always buy the official translation just in case I missed something LOL

joined Aug 18, 2017

SF

This song does a pretty good job describing what part of the US I'm from.

Hmmm, sounds like you're from down south somewhere XD. I've never lived in the DEEP South, but in Tennessee we love our freedoms and our "fuck yeah"s LOL.

Also Anon99 is lying, she isn't awkward, she's the best.

I bet she is. She's just being modest lol!

joined Aug 18, 2017

Greetings! It sure is a pleasure to meet you! It's pretty cool to see another person from the US besides me on here x)
And I never expected to see a WDTFS fan come here. Usually those people don't ever go to any other thread other then the WDTFS one. It sure has a really dedicated fanbase!

But anyways, welcome!

Yes...WDTFS is definitely a unique kind of manwha. I love it and I love to discuss it, but I also like to have fun:).

Oh! What part of the US (if you don't mind me asking). I'm in Arizona although I used to live out east. Where is everyone mostly from around here?

Anon99

Hahaha, you're right! Ettiquette IS overrated! It's nice to meet you. You know, I almost took German as a second language. It seemed a bit daunting though. Is it a hard language to learn for a native English speaker?

joined Aug 18, 2017

Hey, guys!

I started posting in the WDTFS discussion without properly introducing myself! My name is Kara and I love anything yuri. Literally. Anything. Even if it's bad af. LOL.

I came here after creepily stalking the discussion boards for a couple weeks. I'm from the US and it's been a long time since I've been a member of any type of forum, so excuse me if my etiquette isn't always the best XD

Nice to meet everyone!!

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

D1LD0Z3R

Nah, I dont miss your point, your hypothesis and I'm talking about your hypothesis and how I see it as a coward act, xDDDD

But it goes in circle at the moment, let's stop it, LOL.

Yes, please. Lmao

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

No, I dont think Sungji is a coward, I think she did it for Sumin while you think she did it for herself and that makes her a coward XDDDDDD. I'm arguing with your opinion.

To be exact, I think she did it for Sumin but ending up making things more complicated than it should be and making Sumin's life more miserable if, and only if, she left without words.

Hahaha, no. I'm saying IF she left for herself. I'm not saying that I think she did ACTUALLY leave for herself. I'm sorry you missed my point. IF she did it for herself, I don't believe she is a coward.

Sticking around to help someone fix the toxic aspects of their lives can be a very nice thing to do BUT it doesn't make you a coward to leave a situation that is damaging to you. HOWEVER, in Sungji's situation, I don't believe it would be coward's move to abandon ship. I feel like Sumin has put her through a lot. Sungji is 10 years younger and has different experiences with disappointment and relationships.

But, again. Disclaimer: I do not think Sungji left for herself. This is just hypothetical. IIIFFFFF she DID leave for herself, then that's perfectly okay.

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

I think all the three characters has their own flaws and traits, no one is perfect/without blame now. Yet only smart eyes and open minds can see all faults of the three, not judging in black and white.

The easier fault people can see is seju's
Seju fault is her cheating, and choosing holding on dying relationship for too long.
Her defense is she did it all for love and human makes mistakes. Just like what she said, she doesn't care other people thinking, she will fight for whatever important for her. Her discreet attitude and acting high & mighty sometimes taken as manipulative behavior by some readers.

Then we can see sumin's fault:
Sumin fault is her ignorance and falling in love with 2 ladies. Lol. Only After half story, she finally accepts what she feels, and after 3/4 story she realize what she did wrong both to sungji and seju. But we can see her effort to make it right, you can't ask for people to change completely. Sumin can't just kick out seju off and living happily ever after with her new found love sungji like what some readers expect sumin to do. No matter what, seju is someone sumin used to(or still) love dearly. Sumin is in debt with seju in a way. It will make her character becomes more unlikeable if she doesn't experience a lot of things like what shown in manhwa, before she is able to decide to part with seju completely.

Sungji fault is a hard one, but keep in mind that what she said to sumin in early chapter.
She lets all this mess happens. Sumin has given warnings, and sungji is the one who open the door without any invitation. Just like any other first love, she did a hell of mistakes. She is giving herself rather quickly, and keeping silent for things that matter to discuss about. She avoids confrontation many times, e.g when seju told that her and sumin is a sex buddy and sumin is drunk. Sungji could ask as sumin's girlfriend.

She coped when sumin behave badly, trying to "change/protect sumin life" by saving her from seju. And when she realized it isn't like what they used to think... all this make her insecure, and doing dumb decisions, like in ch 90

Sungji is not bad, but she is at fault too lol.

Well said!!

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

yoonie

Haha, I'm sorry that you're misunderstanding. Maybe I'm not making myself clear enough XD

My original point was that IF Sungji left Sumin for herself then it's commendable. Why? Because if your relationship is inviting toxicity into your life, you don't HAVE to stick it out with that person. Kudos to her because it is hard to come to this realization and follow through with a break up when you're still in love with that person.

If Sungji left Sumin for her own mental health, the n that's worthy of praise by itself. It's not cowardly to leave a relationship that may not be right for you or your significant other (at the moment).

About the WAY she left her, that wasn't very nice at all. To leave someone hanging like that is a bad way to break up, but no one is perfect. That doesn't mean she's a coward though.

Of course, this is all hypothetical since this is probs not the reason she left Sumin and we're probs going to get a flashback of her explanation.

This also all a matter of opinion. I respect when you say that you think Sungji is a coward:)

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

Sungji was the one who accepted Sumin back adter the cheating
Sungji was the one who accepted Seju to live in Sumin's house.

So what is this about "Hypothetically speaking, if your girlfriend cheated on you with her Ex and then moved in with that Ex (plus all the other shenanigans that went on)"? She is the one who lets it happen.

Sungji did take Sumin back and allow Seju to live in the house. I'm sure she did not do those things without hesitation. It seems like that was Sungji trying to salvage and rebuild her relationship with Sumin. Rebuilding trust takes time and communication AND dedication. In the month that she was still with Sumin, it may not have seemed to Sungji that things were getting better.

Then talk about it, work on it, not giving up too soon. Its only one month in manhwa time, lol.

That is EXACTLY what they should be doing. But the thing is, that neither of them understand the concept of healthy communication. Sumin thinks she can just apologize and then act like nothing ever happened and Sungji just doesn't say what she's thinking and goes with the flow even if she doesn't really like what's happening.

Its pretty clear at the moment of the coffee date, btw, when Sumin looks so down hearing the talk about Seju.

Sungji understands and she knows.
What? How can Sungji read her mind just from a sad look? Sumin doesn't mention that she attended the funeral and she never mentions that she told Seju goodbye for good? (Although, maybe we will get a flashback in the next couple chapters of more of their conversation like Nora said)

Then talk about it and try to understand, just like how Sungji did with Seju, not run away.

I agree, that's a very rational decision. But you know, then the story would be too easy XD

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

If you want me to find a post /thread that I accidentally read 3 years ago... I will give up lol XD

Find this when I google, one thread
Of many others about disappearing act

OMG lol no, I definitely don't want you to go through all that trouble. After I posted to you, I did a bit more digging and found some pretty interesting things about this topic. Very interesting perspective and it looks like it's not that uncommon. I feel like I empathize with Sumin a bit more if Sungji did just ghost her. Thank you for that <3

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

on Sungji leaving Sumin without a word.

we don't know for sure if Sungji said a thing or not. Ch87 ended up with Sumin stuttering.. but only in ch88 we got to see what she said to Sungji through a flashback (or let's call it an inner thought).

There is a possibility that Sungji said something, but TG decided to end the chapter this way because of the time constraints that Gaji has and the drama build up. Sungji's mind is the last and most important game changer.. we never heard her for a reason. So, what I was trying to say is: it is too early to judge whether it is a right move or wrong.. graceful or shameful.

I like this! Gaji does throw those curve balls at us sometimes.Like that scene where Sumin admitted to laying bed next to Seju. It wasn't until a flashback did we get to see their conversation.

3 chapters left and I'm so excited about how this is going to end!! 7 more days!!

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

For me Having a *ball to end a "false" relationship with someone you still love isn't enough to be a commendable act.
it's just an obvious thing to do. Lol
What I dislike about is how sungji end the things, she disappear without words lol.
And no... you can't make someone to read your mind and know what you think inside. I doubt The clueless sumin know the reason.
And this farawell will haunt people more longer because most of the time, the victim won't get any reason. It's my most unlikeable way of ending relationship... it's a cowardly move... This disappering act.

I believe you're absolutely right. Disappearing is not a good way to end a relationship. It isn't nice and it is cowardly. However, in this situation, Sumin has been brooding about the way she's been treating Sungji since Seju moved in. They have been tense about Seju getting between them. No, Sumin can not read minds, but I'm sure she's got a pretty good idea about why Sungji left her.

That still doesn't quite excuse Sungji for leaving without saying a word.

If you have time to visit quora, or any relationship forum. There is a lot of cases with disappearing act. And most of the victim shared that it's an awful things to experience becase it left you hanging, with somekind of delusional hope and this bad experience will imprint in your memory.
Forget about closure.

I actually love Quora. I tried some searching, but I don't think I'm looking in the right place (the ones I'm seeing are like 20-something year olds getting "ghosted" in a tinder-like-fashion. Could you link me a couple of the ones you're looking at? I would like to get some insight on that perspective :)

So ending false relationship is good, but doing a disappearing act is WRONG

Agreed.

Sidenote: I feel that TG doing this way just to dramatize things... the scene is pretty

There has to be a final fight in the end for the girl!! Sumin will have to get over her issues and fight for Sungji for real this time!
(Or plot twist: Sungji hooks up with Seju and Sumin enrolls in therapy XDDD)

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

If when she made this decision and she only thought of herself and how her relationship is so painful and rocky then I have nothing to say, LOL, this decision is totally not commendable at all after all of her commendable actions from the beginning of the story till before this chap, aka taking care of Sumin and sticking around with her even though Sumin has hurt her.

Hypothetically speaking, if your girlfriend cheated on you with her Ex and then moved in with that Ex (plus all the other shenanigans that went on). I mean, just seeing the person that your gf cheated with next to your gf is painful. It can be something that brings back all the bad memories and feelings. Even when the rational part of your brain tells you that nothing is going on, the other part of your brain is imagining every worst case scenario.

That by itself is hard. You can forgive, but it takes a lot of COMMUNICATION (which Sumin and Sungji do not have) and dedication to the relationship to truly work things out. I feel like Sumin and Sungji sort of just got back together in chapter like 70-something. 20 chapters (which was like a month or two) is not enough time for them to rebuild. So I'd say their relationship is a bit more than "rocky". it's insecure and unsteady. Neither of them are communicating their thoughts and needs.

Sticking around and enduring the pain and distrust caused by your partner sounds noble, but in the end it's not healthy. Sungji is a great person. She is very patient. She knows that everyone has their secrets and their personal struggles. She has never forced Sumin to tell her anything she wasn't comfortable with. But at some point, a person with a healthy sense of self and self respect will have to let go. That's why if Sungji did it for herself, I still think it's commendable.

Of course, you're probably right. She probably did it for Sumin and not for herself. But if she DID do it for herself, then kudos to her.

She does have a place in Sumin's life. What do you think why Sumin abandon her long ex-gf when her father just died to be with Sungji for?
How can Sumin know? Please think of Sumin's perspective at that moment. She literally abandon her long life ex gf, who she also feels guilty with and wanted to take care of alot. For what? For SUNGJI. However the girl literally leaves her right there without even an explanation right after. Do you think its fair for Sumin and think she will know?

It might just be the translation for now, but Sumin never really made it clear about the finality of that goodbye she said to Seju. Sumin attended the funeral and Sungji had to overhear it at work since Sumin didn't mention it. It's easy to see why Sungji may not feel like she has a place in Sumin's life. She may feel like she's intruding or making Sumin abandon someone important to her.

Another failure to communicate may have stirred this misunderstanding in Sungji. Sumin isn't explaining anything, she's just trying to go back to the way things were and act like nothing ever happened.

Never said I dont love that line of her but after that line, you should do sth to prove that, not doing the opposite. Do you think Sungji leave will double the pain Sumin has and killing all of her will or reducing it?

I mean, from Sungji's perspective, she is probably thinks that's going to help. She may believe that her being around and holding onto Sumin is causing Sumin's heart to be torn in two. When Sungji and Sumin got together, Sumin looked like she was doing just fine (even though we, as the readers, know otherwise). Now she's jobless, "abandoned" an important person and she's looking sad all the time. Sungji may not realize that this is a new start for Sumin and a part of her healing process. Sungji is young and couldn't begin to understand Sumin's feelings (especially since Sumin won't communicate with her and vice versa)

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

Orange

Lol I get where you're coming from..but I also believe sometimes in life, you do meet the right people..but just not at the right time..

Yes! I feel the exact same way.

Es0teric

Oh, but don't get me wrong, y'all. I'm die-hard Team Pink. I didn't even like Sungji until the last couple chapters XDD

Doesn't stop your response from being really well said : )

;) aww thank you.

D1LD0Z3R
joined Aug 18, 2017

Oh, but don't get me wrong, y'all. I'm die-hard Team Pink. I didn't even like Sungji until the last couple chapters XDD