Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jan 17, 2016

Thanx For the trans Newp .
So yeah I think it was definitely a Retirement letter on sumin desk I think she's planning to escape further away from seju :/
as for this chapter I agree with everyone else its so stupid to let sungji be the one who take care of seju it's way too predictable to make Sungji so angel like. it should have been sumin instead. but then again I guess it's just like everybody said they're making a away for sumin/sungi endgame and make seju give them their blessing or something which sound really dumb!
but then again it was really something new to see both sungi and seju interacting actually I think it was the first time it was really weird seeing pink and blonde hair the same picture kkkkk I don't know anybody else noticed LOL its normaly black or blonde or black and pink .. but maybe we're seeing this the wrong way it might have been actually that the author wanted sungji to know about seju and sumin relationship from seju not sumin

last edited at May 18, 2016 1:45PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Thank newp.

The angelic Sungji of all people was taking care of the sick Seju who was acting so much like the unreasonable Sumin.

Saying to butches that they are feminine is more like insulting them on many levels.

Since when was this a thing? I missed a very odd conversation in here at some point lol. Butch lesbians are still women. They're not going to be offended if you tell them they look like a woman or feminine. Most of them (I guess not all) probably would be less thrilled about being called "sir" or any number of male pronouns. If they want to be a man or at least don't identify as female then they're not women, they're trans.

I live in a country where transvestites (male to female crossdressers) are everywhere. It's a basic common sense that using male honorifics to address them is being rude/ignorant. That applies to other things as well, e.g. if you would like to compliment their looks, you would use "pretty/beautiful" not "handsome". Telling them that they look like a man is more like asking for a slap right in your face. Is that not the case for butches?

That really is not from my own perspective. It really is one of our common senses.

last edited at May 18, 2016 3:05PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Thanks for translations Newp!!

Does anyone find it weird how Sungji avoided saying to Sumin that she was actually in Seju's house?

So yeah I think it was definitely a Retirement letter on sumin desk I think she's planning to escape further away from seju :/

Is that really the case, or just an assumption? If Sumin tries to do that, I bet her past will come and bite her butt back

last edited at May 18, 2016 3:07PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Yes it's weird. She should've started taking about Seju as soon as she met with Sumin since she knows Seju is Sumin's friend.

I wish Sumin will run away and never come back to Seju this time. :D

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I wish Sumin will run away and never come back to Seju this time. :D

May your wish come true. :D

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

wdtfs is becoming a typical kdrama. -.- I love watching kdrama, but I would find wdtfs boring if it becomes one.

Why did it have to be Sungji? Why not Nami or Sumin?

Plot twist: Seju x Sungji and Sumin x Glasses.

last edited at May 18, 2016 3:20PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yes it's weird. She should've started taking about Seju as soon as she met with Sumin since she knows Seju is Sumin's friend

Also considering the fact that Seju actually said Sumin's name when Sungji asked her if she wanted to call someone...

Why did it have to be Sungji? Why not Nami or Sumin?

Love antagonists meeting and having a conversation is actually interesting. Especially when they haven't before. Nami and Sumin would be too typical imo. Maybe there is a reason why it was Sungji

Sumin x Glasses.

Lol I thought about that too. I mean, Glasses-san is one of the few that have managed to run away from Sumin's charm so far

last edited at May 18, 2016 3:28PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

Thanks Newp for the translation :)

I kinda like this chapter. thanks to the Seju x Sungji interaction. it's refreshing to see these two together for the majority of the panel pages. I didn't hate that Sungji was the one who had taken care of Seju. though it's obvious/predictable where things will go from here. Sungji character as the perfect girl is already established. nothing will change this. but I wonder what will be her reaction when she find out about Seju and Sumin's relationship. it's not like Sumin is cheating on Sungji so, I think Sungji will find it the hard way. possibly seeing them on a heated kiss or whatever. maybe, Team Gaji could then add some POV or more raw emotion from Sungji.

I can't help but notice that the glass-wearing girl got POV panel while Sungji and Seju didn't get anything :D I mean Sungji didn't even wonder why the usually friendly president suddenly act cold towards her. though, this chapter made me want a Sungji x Seju angle.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Guys, pay more attention to Glasses and you would see that she looks unprettry because she wears glasses. Who know what happens a day she accidentally drops her glasses in front of Sumin?. XD

last edited at May 18, 2016 4:10PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Lol I thought about that too. I mean, Glasses-san is one of the few that have managed to run away from Sumin's charm so far

That's it. Team Gaji's next goal. XD

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I find it weird as well. Sungji should've just said that she bumped on the very ill president on her way out ot get coffee so she took her home, but instead she told Sumin that there's an emergency outside. I think Sungji was bothered when Seju murmured Sumin's name. I'm guessing that she got some kind of hint about what's going on between Seju and Sumin ( the news, Seju showing up at Sumin's place, the perfume) and is bothered by it but she is masking her feelings with her oblivious act. I don't think that Sungji is John Snow who knows nothing, she pays attention to the little things imo, since she did manage to see and remember the password to Seju's house.
Now I'm just imagining what would happen if Sumin goes to Seju's place and find Sungji's ring laying around somewhere there.

joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think that Sungji is John Snow who knows nothing, she pays attention to the little things imo, since she did manage to see and remember the password to Seju's house.

Lol, that was a little creepy xD But yeah, this chapter was a strong indicator or confirmation how Sungji knows more than she shows.
I'm actually glad we finally start getting more from her rather than being all lovey-dovey around Sumin. Also shows the type of personality she is when it comes down to how she is trying to win over the person she loves. (reminds me of when she hurt her leg the next chapter after Sumin had Seju drama with Nami)
She is not as passive. Seju is more passive than her I think

Now I'm just imagining what would happen if Sumin goes to Seju's place and find Sungji's ring laying around somewhere there.

I don't think she will think they slept together, but maybe she will wonder why Sungji avoided telling her that small detail

After this chapter, I don't think the things will flow as normal and predictable as we thought. TeamBlonde probably is still endgame, but until the end, I think we will get some twists or drama we haven't thought exactly

last edited at May 18, 2016 4:26PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Thanks for the translation, Newp! :* "I saw you put in the password." Really is one of those things only Sungji could get away with, without seeming like a total creep.

I live in a country where transvestites (male to female crossdressers) are everywhere. It's a basic common sense that using male honorifics to address them is being rude/ignorant. That applies to other things as well, e.g. if you would like to compliment their looks, you would use "pretty/beautiful" not "handsome". Telling them that they look like a man is more like asking for a slap right in your face. Is that not the case for butches?

That really is not from my own perspective. It really is one of our common senses.

Okay, I guess I at least see where your logic is stemming from, but being butch and being a cross-dresser are different things. Cross-dressing has the intention of being perceived as the other sex; being butch is just dressing manly while still identifying as a woman/lesbian. To me the difference is very distinct.

joined Jun 18, 2015

Oh, btw, I hope there will be translation for the letter in the book on Sumin's desk together with the ring, the final frame if you don't see it, I think she's up to something. Retirement letter? Some crazy twist finally happen? =))

I'm curious about that letter as well. You can see that in the first panel Sumin was thinking about something and she closed the book (with the letter slipped in it) when glasses girl came in. Later the letter was shown again at the end of the chapter, together with her ring. It must be something kind of important.

I think Sumin is resigning... it show part of the characters in traditional Chinese (I think Korean use those in formal situations) which means resignation letter.

joined May 4, 2016

I agree that Sungji taking care of Seju is very predictable :). Maybe the fact we didn't expect it to happen this soon doesn't make it a surprise act. If the author wants to end the story in peaceful note with teamblonde happily ever after, making Seju accept Sungji is inevitable so yeah, this chap is so typical, we can see clearly who will be with who in the end now XD.
Anyway, 3 things from 3 characters I saw from this chap
- Sumin is planning something :), we're not sure what that will be yet but if it serve the purpose of getting further away from Seju, things could definitely go worse for Seju in the near future since her father is gonna die soon and Sumin turning away from her when she needs her most would be the worst.
- Sungji is confusing XD. She's still very nice and all but the fact she hid that Seju is sick from Sumin, especially after a whole lecture to Seju "when you sick, you need to tell someone to take care and hold your hand" and hearing Sumin's name from Seju's mumble is kinda weird. She didn't tell Sumin straight away where she went, and I know for sure she knew where she left her ring but she didn't tell Sumin, just a general "somewhere". There is another possibility of this reaction that is she thought Seju didn't want to anyone to know she's sick so she hid it for her, but Seju has called Sumin's name, Sungji clearly knew who Seju needed right now so this possibility is not really convincing. Sooo, Sungji is confusing, making me question if she left the ring at Seju's house on purpose or not XD, maybe I'm too evil, innocent Sungji can't be that evil XD.
- Seju is showing signs of giving up on waiting a lot more than the last chap. She's sick but she didn't let Sungji call anyone, even Sumin. If not meeting Sungji at the elevator, she's probably gonna struggle alone with her sickness without even thinking of calling anyone. She didn't reach out for Sumin like she always did in the past or maybe she has been so used to struggling all alone like this that she forgot to call anyone which is super sad :(. One more thing, Seju has no attention of telling Sungji about her and Sumin even though she has a chance to, she absolutely can tell Sungji to call Sumin for crying out loud but she didn't do it and just accidentally slipped out calling Sumin's name in her subconsciousness, she saw the ring but still kept her silent all through. So I don't know what you guys think but I think right now, Seju is the most passive one out of the three, she kept them all to herself, stay silent and don't do much, at least Sungji and Sumin are showing signs of doing stuff for themselves. I hope the author will give Seju a chance to explode, not just like this till the end of the story and accept Sungji x Sumin just like that. Seju has alot of potential plots to go with her, so please author, don't ruin it with some typical k-dramas ending.
Oh, btw, I read sth saying Seju was acting like the unreasonable Sumin in this chap, I don't agree, I find Seju's reaction is normal. You can't just accept the kindness from the one who is taking away your lover in happy and open arms. That would be too fake, toooooo fake. And Seju didn't go overboard at all. All she did is acting cold and want Sungji to leave and she finally be alone, she even used formal speech all through to address Sungji and didn't snap at Sungji, she wasn't acting rude towards Sungji. All she want is for Sungji to leave. That's all. I think it's completely normal, especially if you're someone who has been all alone for yearssssssssss, and not used to human's kindness.

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:31PM

joined Apr 27, 2016

After this chap, I feel worse for Seju, all alone without even one person to call. Seriously not sure when will thing get better for her?
More then 20 chaps left and I wonder how will the author possibly solve all Seju's back stories with this pace? Her father, the creepy man with the woman looking exactly like her, except the eyes, the plan that is going on behind her back. Seriously, Seju's problems absolutely can make a spin-off story =)). Too many complicated stuff.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

After this chap, I feel worse for Seju, all alone without even one person to call. Seriously not sure when will thing get better for her?
More then 20 chaps left and I wonder how will the author possibly solve all Seju's back stories with this pace? Her father, the creepy man with the woman looking exactly like her, except the eyes, the plan that is going on behind her back. Seriously, Seju's problems absolutely can make a spin-off story =)). Too many complicated stuff.

I agree, this chap completely didn't make me feel better about Seju's situation at all. This chap clearly show how opposite Sungji and Seju are. Sungji go on about "when you're sick, you need someone taking care of you and holding your hands", showing that she grew up with much love and no harms, to her innocent mind, you sick => you definitely have someone taking care of you. Seju, on the other hand, has been all alone for years, to have someone treating her well, worrying about her probably is the weirdest thing to her, she's all alone with no one worries about her well-being in this world and she's used to it. I've been avoiding doing this, however, I can't help but make a comparison between Sungji and Seju in this chap, seeing them being in the same room and all. The result turn out making Seju even more pitiful. Literally, on the surface, right now, Sungji has everything, all the love showing for her since young and Seju has nothing at all. I don't want to compare them because it will be always Seju who lacks of alot and a perfect Sungji but now it's hard not to when it shoves to your face like that, when Sungji all "there is definitely someone cares for you in this world" and a Seju "I don't have anyone except myself"
I feel really really bad for Seju after this chap :), now we have a ring to make another upcoming drama, not sure what Seju's gonna do when she sees the ring at her place after waking up, just hope she won't do anything that make Sumin go mad at her if Sumin find out. I do hope there would be a chap where I could finally see a happy Seju, not keep on being so miserable like this.

last edited at May 19, 2016 12:33AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I thought Team Gaji intentionally let Sungji to left her ring at Seju's place. setting up the scenario where Sungji will find out about the two of them. though, Sungji having this calculating side is really a great twist to her character. well, we have already seen this before. when Sungji lied that she need to go to the hospital just so, she could see Sumin. come to think of it. Team Gaji not adding POV panel to Sungji made her look innocent. even though all this time she might have been calculating every move she's making xD Brilliant!!!

last edited at May 19, 2016 2:51AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

The drama is too real and causes my heart to hurt but I love it. Sungji taking care of Seju was so good and precious I could almost get on board with a Sungji/Seju ship if I didn't love Sumin with Sungji so much. I couldn't help but love how friendly Sungji was towards Seju despite Seju wanting her to get lost, and I hope she stays that way even after hearing Seju murmur Sumin's name. Also get your ring back Sungji! I can't stand her being sad for her mistake and worrying what Sumin will think..

I'd also kill for this to be an actual Kdrama. I'd watch the hell out of it and it would be great.

joined Feb 4, 2016

Is it just me who find it unsettling about the way Sumin treats Sungji ? I mean she just scolded the girl directly even when she said she had an emergency matter, and instead of asking/worrying about Sungji for it, she only care about the ring, which got me :| because it reminded me so much like Seju 2.0 pre-cheating situation.

And now as Sungji had known Seju's password, would Team Gaji pull a twisted move where Sungji witness the team leader and Seju there being in a more than platonic relationship...

The glasses girl is also weird tho, for an unimportant character who brings nothing to the story, she sure got a lot of spotlight. Maybe she is the real twist in the story lol...

joined Apr 27, 2016

Is it just me who find it unsettling about the way Sumin treats Sungji ? I mean she just scolded the girl directly even when she said she had an emergency matter, and instead of asking/worrying about Sungji for it, she only care about the ring, which got me :| because it reminded me so much like Seju 2.0 pre-cheating situation.

I think it's totally normal. Work is work, personal matters are another thing. Sumin is just being professional, which I really like. She's the boss, dating a subordinate doesn't make Sungji get a special treatment at all. If she has an emergency, she still needs to ask for permission before leaving. In real world, it's like that, you leave work abruptly, you need to ask for permission no matter what kind of situation you're in. This is not sth we have to question about. You should've focused more on the fact that Sumin is very understanding when she realised Sungji has lost her ring, she didn't question it much, not even "You should pay more attention on it, that's something special...", she took the ring off, probably thought that since Sungji has lost hers, there is no reason for her to wear it anymore, not because she's mad. Sumin is trying to be understanding, try to be good to Sungji as much as possible, she wants them to last. And if the speculations are right, the resignation letter is also because of Sungji, she wants stay away from Seju as much as possible and solely focuses on Sungji, just like her words "I'll try my best to be good to you from now on" and her first step clearly has to be forget Seju.

last edited at May 19, 2016 6:35AM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Oh, btw, I read sth saying Seju was acting like the unreasonable Sumin in this chap, I don't agree, I find Seju's reaction is normal. You can't just accept the kindness from the one who is taking away your lover in happy and open arms. That would be too fake, toooooo fake.

She has been too fake for 10 years already. I would love to see her real side too. But why all of a sudden? Reading the divine Sungji interacting with the immature Seju is creeping me out!

joined Feb 4, 2016

nguyen_510

I do realize the difference as well as the work vs personal ethics. But in wdtfs setting where they fuck each other in the office, I am sure the line is not drawn that black & white. She also asked Sungji directly about ring, which is a personal thing and not related to work.

And despite the "work is work" ethics, even in real world, any boss that care enough about you or your well-being, would have the sensitivity to ask about your situation/condition when you told them you have to attend to emergency situation, instead of asking where you left your ring.

And also, Sumin is not even professional lmao. She took way too many days off from the office even without legitimate reason.

last edited at May 19, 2016 8:10AM

SoftLikeSteel
Lin%20new
joined Apr 3, 2016

Does anyone find it weird how Sungji avoided saying to Sumin that she was actually in Seju's house?

Sungji's last words while she's in Seju's apartment ("I wish president would stop hurting so much.") were pretty much proof of what others already suspected when in one of the recent chapters, Sungji told Sumin that she's not gonna ask, but if she feels that there's something she wants to tell her, Sumin should do so. Sungji knows. She definitely knows what's going on. That's why I don't think it's too weird for Sungji to not telll Sumin she was with Seju. She wants Sumin to come to her, not the other way round.

last edited at May 19, 2016 8:22AM

joined Apr 27, 2016

Oh, btw, I read sth saying Seju was acting like the unreasonable Sumin in this chap, I don't agree, I find Seju's reaction is normal. You can't just accept the kindness from the one who is taking away your lover in happy and open arms. That would be too fake, toooooo fake.

She has been too fake for 10 years already. I would love to see her real side too. But why all of a sudden? Reading the divine Sungji interacting with the immature Seju is creeping me out!

Oh, so you're one of those who think Seju is a b*tch and Sungji is all around good girl and super duper perfect then? So, I would like to stop arguing :)), there is no use of keep talking :)))). I honestly can't get where is Seju's fakeness for 10 years from, and honestly talking about fake, Sungji's actions make me feel a little sick at the moment, the author is building a freaking too perfect character that makes me feel fake, tbh. She's not real, I'm sorry because there are many people that love her but the more Team Gaji push her kindness, the more it started to annoy me.

last edited at May 19, 2016 8:37AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.