Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I just looked at the manga. WTH!!! Is it even yuri? Cheat much! XD

It's yuri iff you don't overlook her chest. XD

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Y'all are one body-normative bunch. Same as when I see the same silliness being thrown around about Ymir.

Hasn't anyone here seen a hard butch before? Way less "feminine" than this character, but still all woman.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Saying to butches that they are feminine is more like insulting them on many levels.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Of course there are different types of women, both feminine and more masculine and it's totally fine. Some people just have a different prefernce in yuri, or in general, which is also fine.

Tbh, when I don't know the artist well, I'm always a little cautious, because some of them tend to add weird things. And tbh I'm not a fan of the strap on hardcore yuri that some mangas include. I don't know if that actually happens in that manga though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Of course there are different types of women, both feminine and more masculine and it's totally fine. Some people just have a different prefernce in yuri, or in general, which is also fine.

Tbh, when I don't know the artist well, I'm always a little cautious, because some of them tend to add weird things. And tbh I'm not a fan of the strap on hardcore yuri that some mangas include. I don't know if that actually happens in that manga though.

Hardcore strap-on action is soimething a lot of RL lesbians do, but not necessarily the most romantic thing that's ever been I guess. I've certainly seen it in fiction written by lesbians.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh yes, I know it happens xD I've also seen futa yuri fanfiction written by women too. Not saying it's bad, just not something I would read.
And that woman was like a sign there would be something like this in the manga. I know I'm stereotyping now, but that's what I thought when I first saw her. I don't even know if anything like that actually happens though, because I didn't read it untill the end.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh yes, I know it happens xD I've also seen futa yuri fanfiction written by women too. Not saying it's bad, just not something I would read.

I don't either to be honest, but I've seen it done well. There was an especially eye-popping short story I read by Radclyffe (I think) concerning a girl calling her ex in to give it to her good and hard with a strap-on like they used to do, to really show her new girlfriend who's not so experienced and scared to be rough that she not only can handle it, but loves it, and follows the ex's point of view and the whole range of emotions she goes through during the whole event. Not only was it hot as hell, but really got inside the character's head, making it a good story even aside from the sex.

...what were we talking about again/

Lol
joined Apr 12, 2016

...what were we talking about again/

hahaha

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Just gonna write here ahead of time and tell peeps that I might not have enough time to translate tomorrow. I will probably have enough time to write a quick summary though. Will have to see.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just gonna write here ahead of time and tell peeps that I might not have enough time to translate tomorrow. I will probably have enough time to write a quick summary though. Will have to see.

I guess, you will oversleep and will not have time to write a summary either. XD

Just kidding. Whatever, thanks a lot.

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

So summary: Coworker asked sungji to get him a coffee, she runs into Seju who is very sick. Seju insists on going home and tells Sungji to go away but Sungji ends up taking care of her. Sungji tells pres that if she doesnt wannango to the hospital that she should atleast call someone.. and Seju ends up saying Sumins name. At the office Sumin scolds Sungji for suddenly leaving work like that and says not to do it again. She notices that sungjis ring is missing and asks if she lost it. Sungji apologizes and says she forgot to put it back on (left it at Sejus house sfter wiping her sweat) because shes not used to wearing rings.. and is really sorry. Sumin says its ok and says she understands how sorry she is.. and proceeds to take hers off . Not sure what was meant by that but yeah..

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

I guess, you will oversleep and will not have time to write a summary either. XD

Spoke too soon :P

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

What's wrong with you today? Why didn't you oversleep like you always did? xD

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Hahah Im back in school taking a year long program. Have a morning class which is why I dont really have time to write up a translation atm.

Ill try to write one up on the bus.

last edited at May 18, 2016 9:25AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Hahah Im back in school taking a year long program. Have a morning class which is why I dont really have time to write up a translation atm.

Oh, I see. Don't worry about the translation. Don't sleep in class either. :D

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Oh, I see. Don't worry about the translation. Don't sleep in class either. :D

Haha we'll have to see about that.

joined Apr 27, 2016

I'm telling ya, 90% in the end, Seju will leave and give teamblonde her blessings like any k-dramas out there =)))).
P.S: anyone here after this chap want Seju and Sungji to be more than just love rivals? =)))), because I do =)))), even though this chap just solely seems to make Seju fall for Sungji's kindness and let Sumin go in the end =)))))
P.P.S: another boring chap, imo. Wdtfs is becoming more and more predictable and it's highlighting too much on Sungji's kindness, which I don't really like :)

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Lol the new chapter gives some merit to the "Seju drops dead" hypothesis... not much else to this chapter before the translation other than maybe noting it's the first time we really see Seju and Sungji interact for an extended period of time.

joined Apr 27, 2016

Oh, btw, I hope there will be translation for the letter in the book on Sumin's desk together with the ring, the final frame if you don't see it, I think she's up to something. Retirement letter? Some crazy twist finally happen? =))

joined Dec 9, 2014

anyone here after this chap want Seju and Sungji to be more than just love rivals?

Me not at all lol. I was afraid a little something more would happen and I was like nopenope, but thankfully it didn't. It would be way too much for Sungji x Seju right now. Plot twists are good, but if it's too much, then it goes on the other end of the spectrum.

even though this chap just solely seems to make Seju fall for Sungji's kindness and let Sumin go in the end

It seems very inconsistent if Seju falls for Sungji. But maybe she will be able to let go, because she knows that Sumin is with someone good.

But Sumin is the first person that comes to her mind when she's sick now. This still shows how she is far from letting go of her at the moment. To be honest, I don't think she ever will. But maybe she will be able to accept they won't be together as lovers again.
She makes a face of dissatisfaction somewhere in between when Sungji is taking care of her, so I guess she is kinda jealous of Sungji now.

I liked this chapter, at least things are moving on now. And it's initiated by Sungji. Sumin would keep it a secret for as long as she could if it was only up to her.

We finally see Seju getting sick, which was very expected. I just hopw it's nothing actualy bad, and it mostly stress/grieve related. I liked how Sungji was so nice with her though. This chapter would be too depressing if it wasn't for her, and Seju was all alone crying over Sumin. Not that she won't do it after Sungji leaves but we won't see it I guess

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:30AM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Saying to butches that they are feminine is more like insulting them on many levels.

Since when was this a thing? I missed a very odd conversation in here at some point lol. Butch lesbians are still women. They're not going to be offended if you tell them they look like a woman or feminine. Most of them (I guess not all) probably would be less thrilled about being called "sir" or any number of male pronouns. If they want to be a man or at least don't identify as female then they're not women, they're trans.

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:35AM

joined Apr 27, 2016

Nah, I mean, Seju saw Sungji's kindness and let Sumin go in the end because she realised they can't be together anymore, not literally "fall" for her kindness =))
I, on the other hand, really don't like this chapter. The fact that the author lets Sungji be the one taking care of Seju clearly shows that they wants to make way for Seju to accept Sungji. I mean, we all know she's nice and all but make Seju the damsel in distress and Sungji is the hero is too predictable and make Sungji be the hero of everything. I can't explain it, too typical, maybe? We all now can guess a thing or two what gonna happen next :). Andd, I'm relly going to be honest here, Sungji's overly kindness is starting to bother me. I hope the author will not make Sungji an angel or sth. Humans have flaws, for God's sake!

last edited at May 18, 2016 11:46AM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Oh, btw, I hope there will be translation for the letter in the book on Sumin's desk together with the ring, the final frame if you don't see it, I think she's up to something. Retirement letter? Some crazy twist finally happen? =))

I'm curious about that letter as well. You can see that in the first panel Sumin was thinking about something and she closed the book (with the letter slipped in it) when glasses girl came in. Later the letter was shown again at the end of the chapter, together with her ring. It must be something kind of important.

joined Dec 9, 2014

The fact that the author lets Sungji be the one taking care of Seju clearly shows that they wants to make way for Seju to accept Sungji. I mean, we all know she's nice and all but make Seju the damsel in distress and Sungji is the hero is too predictable and make Sungji be the hero of everything. I can't explain it, too typical, maybe?

Yeah I get what you're saying. Well, there are always some cliches in every story. It's too hard for them to be 100% original I think it all depends on how the author handles those "cliches" and when they put them.

For example, I didn't expect today's chapter to be a Seju and Sungji interaction. if you think about it, this is the first time this happens. And also things seem to move forward now, instead of having yet another chapter of conflicted Sumin who tries to avoid her emotions and has sex with Sungji.
This is why I liked it, because it doesn't have this same pattern yet again. But of course liking something isd also subjective, so I see why some people still don't like it. I bet some others would prefer a chpater of Sumin and Sungji fluffiness. It's a matter of taste up to a point.

Also...I'm almost 100% sure that the rings symblise something!!!
Sungji forgot about it, despite getting it very recently. And she forgot it on Seju's place. Then Sumin put out her ring too.

Btw what is even going on with glasses girl. Is she up to reveal about Sumin and Sungji's relationship in public or something? Or Sumin is going to fire her...And how this will move things further regarding the main plot. It's getting interesting, and also don't forget about Seju's dad too.
If she is sick now, imagine what will happen when he dies...poor Seju

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Here you go guys. Found time to write one up on the bus.Enjoyy.

Eun young : "Um.. Uhh.. Team leader..."
Sumin: "Come in. "
Eun young: ....
Sumin: "Is it hot in my office?"
Eun young: "H-huh?! No !"
Sumin: "You always seem to be sweating when I see you."
Eun young: ......
Sumin: "You can leave now."
Eun young:"Ack, y-yes! "
Bubble: "Ouuu I feel like if I say one thing wrong Im going to have pins and needles for a month."
Co worker: "Sungji ssi, are you leaving right now?"
"Could you please buy me a cup of coffee on your way back?"
Sungji: "Ah, yes!"
Eunyoung : ....
Co worker: "Thank you Sungji ssi~ "
Eun young bubble: "Blind fools."

Sungji: "Hello President. "
"President are you sick anywhere?"
Seju: "No it's nothing."
Sungji: "President!"
"President, a feve-"
Seju: .....
"Let go. "
Sungji: "I will support you. "
Seju: "I said to let go."
Sungji: "President, please be careful. "
"Please lean on me. "
Seju: ......
Sungji:" It looks like you need to go to the hospital."
Seju: "I called a taxi. Just until there...."
Sungji: "Huh? What about the news reporters (the paps) ?"
Seju: "... I'm going to go home."
Sungji: "Huh?"
Seju:" Do I need to explain every single thing to you?"
Sungji: "I will take you just to your house. "
Seju: ......
Seju: "Who said you could just... enter without permission..."
Sungji: "I will just lay you onto the bed."
Seju: Ha-ah...
Sungji: "Is it really okay if you don't go to the hospital?"
Seju: .....
Sungji: "President."
Seju: "Leave."
Sungji: "In that case let me just bring you some medi..."
Seju: "There's nothing like that here so just leave."
Sungji: ......
Seju: Huk. Huk. Hah.
Sungji: "I bought some medicine."
"I told them the visible symptoms and they said it's probably a cold..."
Seju: "How did you get inside."
Sungji:" I saw you input the password. "
"I'll leave after seeing you eat this."
Seju: "I have nothing to say."

Ha ah Haah
Sungji: ......
Seju: "Is there anything left?"
Sungji: "You look like you're having a hard time. I felt it's better to watch over you until your fever goes down at least. "
"Since you won't let me call anyone I will just stay for a little while longer."
Seju:" But I'm... oka...."
Sungji: "President, you don't even have the energy to speak."
Seju: Ha...
Sungji:" Is it okay if I wipe some sweat off for you?"
Seju: ....
Sungji: "I'll bring a towel."
"Please excuse me."
-wipe wipe 8)-

Sungji: ....
"When you're sick you need to go to the hospital."
"Because it could end up worse than you think. "
"If you don't want that then should eat medicine, and lay down and rest.
If there is someone that will worry for you and hold your hand you need to call them."
Seju: /*mumble*/...
"Sumin ah...."
Sungji: " I wish that President would not be hurting so much. "

Sumin: "Where did you suddenly leave to go this morning?"
Sungji: "Ah.. There was a sudden emergency outside."
Sumin: "Does that mean you can just skip work like that?"
Sungji: "I'm sorry..."
Sumin: "Today I just told them that I sent you on an errand, but make sure this doesn't happen a second time."
Sungji: "Yes. Team leader."
Sumin: ".... Sungji ssi. You took off your ring?
Sungji:"Huh?"
"Ah!"
Sumin: "Did you perhaps lose it?"
Sungji : "No, it's not that I lost it. I think I accidentally left it somewhere. I'm sorry. I will definitely go find it."
Sumin: ...
"It's okay. If you lost it there's nothing we can do about it."
Sungji: "I'm sorry. It's something I should have paid more attention to..."
Sumin: "Its an accessory that you never really wore so it can be easy to forget. Don't be too concerned about it."
Sungji: "but still..."
Sumin: "I know you feel terrible. It's really okay. "
Sungji: "Team leader..."

To reply you must either login or sign up.