Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I love Ghost in the Shell but I'm not too sure about the live action movie. Probably gonna wait for what people on this forum have to say about it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love Ghost in the Shell but I'm not too sure about the live action movie. Probably gonna wait for what people on this forum have to say about it.

But they brought in a trainload of CG!

Then they dumped another trainload on top of that trainload!

What's not to love!!!!!!!!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, at least they seem to be replacing the original soundtrack with....a Nine Inch Nails cover?

That's a good thing right? That always works out with anime adaptions, right?

...well, at least Aramaki looks kinda badass.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

...well, at least Aramaki looks kinda badass.

...kinda.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok, I'm 100% agreeing with this. As I said I don't think it will great, but at least I like they try to adapt it and not just make something completely different under the same name cough Dragonball Evolution cough.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well, at least they seem to be replacing the original soundtrack with....a Nine Inch Nails cover?

Clint Mansel is doing the soundtrack for the movie.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Sooooo How to Get Away with Murder... Michaela and Laurel kissed eachother out of joy, which was surprisingly nice. And is it just me or is there something going on between Annalise and Soraya?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Sooooo How to Get Away with Murder... Michaela and Laurel kissed eachother out of joy, which was surprisingly nice. And is it just me or is there something going on between Annalise and Soraya?

I haven't started s3 yet, trying to wait for it t build up, but omfg nice

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015
joined Mar 25, 2013

Some great news for PC gamers who don't have a PS4 (like me)

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/atelier-sophie-nights-azure-coming-pc-via-steam-february-7

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Its been a while but im glad someone here mentioned Black Mirror and its one gay episode because I finally got around to watching some the other day and wanted to giving that episode a try, despite that I was kinda worried and scared because everything I had watched so far from Black Mirror had a bad ending (they were good, but it just isn't genereally happy. Netflix's description for the ep made me lol, it sounds like story of gals being pals/friendship haha, but starts out like 'girl meets girl' right away and I thought it was cute lol, I wonder how quickly did ppl realise that it wasnt gonna just be about friendship :P (I mean, tho it probably has happenee before, but if I were looking for a het romance movie, I might miss the one being described as about "a man and a women's bond", tho sike heteronormativity so its probs not about friendship anyway)
It was really good, im glad I actually got around to watching it, so whoever brought it up has my thanks

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I finally watched The Handmaiden and it was really amazing

Yeah, I watched it recently and it was really good. Both MCs were amazing! Even more surprising is that the maid was played by a rookie actress-it was her first movie, I think.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Agreed, ah-ga-ssi dethroned oldBoy on my favorite PCW's movies list. It was a masterpiece, which, in my opinion, even surpassed the work it's insipired of, the latter being the already excellent Fingersmith.

Even more surprising is that the maid was played by a rookie actress-it was her first movie, I think.

I've read Kim Tae Ri wasn't originally supposed to take the role, but PCW wanted the actresses he'd chose to have, if not a connection, at least an affinity. And Tae Ri was already a big fan or Min Hee, which helped. Well, how can you not be a fan of Min Hee given how gorgerous she is ^^

last edited at Dec 30, 2016 8:36PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

If it was not mentioned, 'Burning Love' has Korra's VA, Janet Varney, playing a closeted gay woman on a bachelor (parody?) dating show.

Haven't seen it.

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 9:12AM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

If it was not mentioned, 'Burning Love' has Korra's VA, Janet Varney, playing a closeted gay woman on a bachelor (parody?) dating show.

Haven't seen it.

Its pretty funny but the one romantic attraction doesnt go anywhere and the woman she's attracted to is super straight, then again I have yet to watch season 2 so it might be more gay.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Regina and Emma are gonna be trapped together in an alternate universe for Season 6B so that might interest some who've dropped the show already, like me.

I've given up on Swan Queen ever being canon tho.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Regina and Emma are gonna be trapped together (without any of the others, literally just them) in an alternate universe for Season 6B so that might interest some who've dropped the show already, like me.

I've given up on Swan Queen ever being canon tho.

last edited at Jan 13, 2017 12:01PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Playing 'A kiss for Petals'

Really loving that game. Liking it more than 'Kindred Spirits on Roof'

Icon
joined Jan 6, 2017

If anyone is still waiting to give Supergirl a shot, now's your chance. Honestly the coming out story throughout these past 2 episodes have made me shed tears and resonated with me so dearly, I can't quite describe it but I've never seen it so well done on television.

And you can bet your ass that this storyline is going to continue throughout this entire season so don't miss this if you want something refreshing.

She's a main character by the way so she's in every episode.

Just for that, I will have to give it a chance. c:

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Anyone else play the Love Live! smartphone game? There's now a nice 4-koma about the transfer students, and the latest (Valentine's) is delightfully gay. ^_^

joined Oct 5, 2016

I finally watched The Handmaiden and it was really amazing

Yeah, I watched it recently and it was really good. Both MCs were amazing! Even more surprising is that the maid was played by a rookie actress-it was her first movie, I think.

If you haven't seen it, I quite recommend also checking out the BBC adaptation of the same novel, "Fingersmith." Like most BBC shows it's easy to find on youtube.

Fingersmith is more reserved but also I think more intelligent with its use of sex, and there's more time spent on the twist and how it plays out compared to the movie.

I thought the Handmaiden cast was mostly more charismatic (with the exception of the uncle, who is Charles Dance in the BBC version!), and it smartly keeps the story focused just on the two female leads, whereas the BBC version (and I think the novel) gets a little distracted by a side character and it hurts its pacing.

On balance I like Handmaiden better, but there are aspects of Fingersmith that I liked a lot too. And it's different enough it's kind of interesting just to watch both to enjoy the differences.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyone watched Ava's Impossible Things?

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

^ never heard of it.

Saki's live action series stayed true to its yuri roots if anyone was wondering.

joined Mar 25, 2013

For fans of The Handmaiden, there's an extended version circulating some streaming sites. It's 20-ish more minutes. Keep in mind that it's not translated. Also the director said that there would be a Director's Cut sometime in the future, possibly this year, which makes the movie a little over 3 hours, so that one would be 40-ish new minutes added.

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 7:15AM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Potential content in Riverdale. A new Netflix remake of the Archie Comics and they've changed up quite a few things. There's a kiss in the first episode but it's probably bait. Episode 1 is out.

To reply you must either login or sign up.