Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Potential content in Riverdale. A new Netflix remake of the Archie Comics and they've changed up quite a few things. There's a kiss in the first episode but it's probably bait. Episode 1 is out.

From everything I've been hearing, it's definitely bait and the actress who plays Betty said “They’re soulmates in a friends’ way. Our show is not meant to be fan fiction."

Combine that with them giving Jughead romantic relationships even though that flies in the face of his entire history, let alone his current canon status as asexual, I hold out zero hope for the new series.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Potential content in Riverdale. A new Netflix remake of the Archie Comics and they've changed up quite a few things. There's a kiss in the first episode but it's probably bait. Episode 1 is out.

From everything I've been hearing, it's definitely bait and the actress who plays Betty said “They’re soulmates in a friends’ way. Our show is not meant to be fan fiction."

Combine that with them giving Jughead romantic relationships even though that flies in the face of his entire history, let alone his current canon status as asexual, I hold out zero hope for the new series.

I was googling Riverdale and I saw several time the same thing about romantic interest not being coherent with asexuality. Honestly I find this critic pretty illogic, I'm not an expert on those thing and I know nothing about Archie but what I generally get is that romantism and sexuality are two different things. I'm pretty sure I read a couple of webcomics where there was asexual characters having romantic relationship and that seemed perfectly normal to me.

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 6:58PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I was googling Riverdale and I saw several time the same thing about romantic interest not being coherent with asexuality. Honestly I find this critic pretty illogic, I'm not an expert on those thing and I know nothing about Archie but what I generally get is that romantism and sexuality are two different things. I'm pretty sure I read a couple of webcomics where there was asexual characters having romantic relationship and that seemed perfectly normal to me.

Given that Jughead has always been portrayed as anti-romantic, let alone non-sexual decades before there was a word for it, the idea of him having multiple liaisons in the first season is utterly alien to me. I grew up reading those comics, and there was never a time when he wasn't romance-averse (no interest in guys either, so it wasn't just a girl thing) and taking the role of the sardonic outsider. Given that he and Betty were always my favourite characters, I noticed stuff like that.

There are for sure romantic asexuals, who have relationships but don't hop into the sack. Plenty of them in fact. But I can't possibly see Jughead being one of them. This was the guy who went on dates with himself and loudly complained about the very concept of dating, for crying out loud!

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I'm not sure if somebody asked this since I'm unsure if I read every page in this trope.

Can somebody recommend me a fantasy book with lesbian characters? I have many books but I don't think anyone with gay characters.
And please a fantasy or sci-fi, I don't want other genres.
Thanks guys ^^

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm not sure if somebody asked this since I'm unsure if I read every page in this trope.

Can somebody recommend me a fantasy book with lesbian characters? I have many books but I don't think anyone with gay characters.
Thanks guys ^^

The Second Mango by Shira Glassman isn't bad. Heroic fantasy, essentially.

Graveyard Sparrow by Kayla Bashe is good if you like Victorian urban fantasy.

Unburied Fables is a good collection of LGBT retellings of fairy tales, so basically fantasy by definition.

I haven't really read that far into it, but Third is a poly lesbian book involving time travel.

Unfortunately I don't have much lesbian SF to share.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Thanks guys ^^

Breaking Legacies by Zoe Reed

Along Came Cyrene by Merciella Heartstorm (Dark Fantasy, part 1, haven't read it yet)

The Traitor Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson (also part 1 and haven't read it, but I know it's not a very happy one. Gets a lot of praise though)

The Dragonoak series by Sam Farren (unfinished), the MC is OP if that's your thing.

That's all I can think of for now.

joined Mar 25, 2013

By the by Nights of Azure is out as well as Atelier Sophie. There's fixes for the CPU usage in the steam forums.

joined Feb 8, 2017

Anyone else play the Love Live! smartphone game? There's now a nice 4-koma about the transfer students, and the latest (Valentine's) is delightfully gay. ^_^

Yes, that's stunning! I like it so much! ;)

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Thanks everybody for the recommends! This is what I needed to know! :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just watched Mystère à la Tour Eiffel, a French period costume drama murder mystery PoC lesbian romance that's....well, the name pretty much says it. How can you really screw up that setup?

Answer if you can't and it's lots of fun to watch and the costumes are amazing and there are girls kissing and yeah the gimmick is kinda questionable but totally in line with 19th century scientific ideas and did I mention girls kissing and holy shit the costumes! Seriously, if you only watch for one reason, Henrietta's wardrobe is plenty!

Also girls kissing.

Download link (and spoilers) as well as a subtitle file are here.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I saw a commercial for a movie called Atomic Blonde starring Charlize Theron while I was watching some TV today and it seems like it has a lesbian sex scene? I mean, it seems pretty trashy to me based on the trailer and the damn title and I doubt it really goes anywhere beyond that but, well, it's something, I guess. I was looking for more action yuri anyway and maybe this will appease me for now until some actual action yuri comes out (screw you, Valkyrie Drive).

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

The Good Fight features a lesbian protagonist with a stable relationship that she has from the beginning of the show. Really digging it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The Good Fight features a lesbian protagonist with a stable relationship that she has from the beginning of the show. Really digging it.

This is a TV show?

joined Sep 15, 2013

This is a TV show?

Yes, it has ygritte who plays one half of the f/f relationship. Can't speak about how good it is since there is only a few episodes out, but it is giving commentary on a lot of current social issues, take that how you will and decide if thats your cup of tea

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 10:29PM

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I'm sure I've talked about them a couple of times but after 4x08 I return once again to say that Black Sails has the best gay couple I've witnessed on tv, I'm talking about Max and Anne. The episode today just proved my point even further.

I'd never vouch for anything as much as I'd vouch for Black Sails. If you're not watching it you're missing out. It's a good tv series aswell, worth watching. Max and Anne are both main characters from the start and their relationship also starts from the beginning and fully develops throughout these 4 seasons. Season 4 will be the last.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Anyone watched this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5073620/ ? Is it any good?

joined Mar 25, 2013

The Handmaiden Extended Cut is out on French Blu-rays. I think the UK version is coming out in August.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

May have been mentioned before but if you're into interactive fiction, I finally got around to playing Birdland recently (free at birdland.camp), and its one of the best twine games I've ever played and also a lesbian YA romance with talking birds.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

May have been mentioned before but if you're into interactive fiction, I finally got around to playing Birdland recently (free at birdland.camp), and its one of the best twine games I've ever played and also a lesbian YA romance with talking birds.

I can vouch for this.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Looks like the new Doctor Who companion is a lesbian.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Psycho Pass has a VN on steam apparently, I know there's a couple in there but I haven't watched the anime so I don't know anything more. Just thought I'd mention it.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Valkyrie Drive Bikkhuni is getting to Steam this summer.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I have a new obsession with a korean idol group called Mamamoo. I like this group as the concept is different and the 4 members have likable personalities. They were created in 2014. Two of the girls named Solar and Moonbyul get shipped by the fans. They have their own ship name called MOONSUN. I have seen all the videos of them together because I’m mamamoo trash. I am convinced that at least Moonbyul is gay or bisexual. The way she looks at Solar with such intense gaze and love has me convinced. Plus Moonbuyl is a bad ass and has such a charming personality.

Here is a part 1 of MOONSUN ON CRACK video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvgXptJc7Y4

Be warned once you get on the MOONSUN train your life will be consumed.

joined Jan 8, 2016

Is this the Pro Wrestling of Yuri?

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Yes it’s the Korean yuri version of pro wrestling where they sumo hug each other and there special attack is biting each other.

To reply you must either login or sign up.