Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

I heard Dishonored 2 has some lesbian/bisexual NPCs and headcanon worthy love story for Emily. Anyone knows anything about that?

Don't know anything abt that, but if it's true I might finally get into Dishonored and play it.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

You should get into Dishonored anyways. It's an amazing game,

joined Mar 25, 2013

I heard Dishonored 2 has some lesbian/bisexual NPCs and headcanon worthy love story for Emily. Anyone knows anything about that?

As far as I know, Emily's love (interest) is made to be genderless so that players can decide for themselves if it's a he or she. Also named Wyman. Though what kind of a woman's name is that, I don't know.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Wyman.
Women.
Eh? Eh?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Dishonored is extremely good.

Like Skyrim and Witcher 3 good?

Or Doom 2016 good?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Or Doom 2016 good?

... I don't know how you value those games so it's kinda hard to say? Point is, it's really good. I think it's one of the best games in the last few years, And I haven't played the Witcher (cause 2 was kinda eh to me) or Doom but I can't really compare it to Skyrim cause they're completely different games and I play them for completely different reasons.

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 11:31PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Or Doom 2016 good?

... I don't know how you value those games so it's kinda hard to say? Point is, it's really good. I think it's one of the best games in the last few years, And I haven't played the Witcher (cause 2 was kinda eh to me) or Doom but I can't really compare it to Skyrim cause they're completely different games and I play them for completely different reasons.

I value those games among the best of all time. That it has sooooooo much content, rich storyline, awesome sound tracks, interesting characters, real life like feels to it and extremely emotional scenes. That it makes you wish you never played that game so that you can play it again wanting to be surprised by its beauty.

In short, that even if the price of game is above $100, you will happily spend it.

So does it makes you feel like that?

P.S.- i didn't like Witcher 2 myself too but Witcher 3 is complete turn over from previous game. Trust me you will 100% love this game.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, I'm just gonna compare it to Skyrim then, I guess, though if I had to compare it to another game it would be Bioshock.

rich storyline, [...] interesting characters, real life like feels to it and extremely emotional scenes

Personally I don't think Skyrim really had any of that so that makes Dishonored win in all those categories, I guess? It obviously has nowhere near as much content as Skyrim but it is a pretty open game and every objective you get can be done in multiple ways and pretty much every mission has optional side missions that help you unlock different paths to your goal. You can play through the game as a cold hearted killer or as someone who never kills anyone, even key targets.
The world building in Dishonored is amazing, the setting really cool and it's good for a few playthroughs. I wouldn't ever spent 100$ on a game, but I hope that helps you decide if you would. And I think in the end the best thing about Dishonored is the Gameplay itself.
What I can say though is that it's definitely more than worth the 10$ (20 if you go for the 2 story DLCs, which are awesome too) it costs right now.

Again, I think Dishonored is one of the best games of the last years and most of the things you listed, it does genuinly better than Skyrim (in my opinion, though I wouldn't really give either of those games the attributes you listed, so take that as you will). Basically, Dishonored was made by Arcane Studios and they really know how to do First Person games.

As a side note, the Blink ability is the best thing that happened to First Person games since someone decided to give the protagonist a weapon. You can do amazing things with it and it's super fun to use.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^

Truat me if you ever play Witcher 3 you will happy say it should have been 100$ instead of 30$ (including DLCs). I mean it has won the most Game of the Year awards of all time for a reason.

Hmm....i will buy Dishonered 2 but may be not now. The reviews on Steam are complaining heavly about it being lagging on PC despite PCs have the highest level graphic cards. So its stupid to buy it on PC until it is fixed.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I got bored of Witcher 2 really quickly. Like REALLY quickly, so if they haven't completely changed the combat system in 3, I'm probably not gonna like it.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

I got bored of Witcher 2 really quickly. Like REALLY quickly, so if they haven't completely changed the combat system in 3, I'm probably not gonna like it.

Trust me i quit Witcher 2 just on the encounter of first boss. That how much i got bored of it. XD

They changed it a lot in Witcher 3. The combat is much more fun, engaging and have more easier controls. They even added extra abilites and certains monsters are immune to your abilites so you have change tactics.

What makes Witcher 3 most interesting is its storyline. Even normal quests are so impact and interesting. And ability to make choices leads to different result in every mission is just too much fin.

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 1:57AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Mhh, I read up on it a bit and most people seem to say that the combat is still pretty bad. But I don't know, maybe I'll consider buying it. Probably not though, still have to get some money for Dishonored 2, Dark Souls 3 DLC, Shadow Warrior 2 and Civ VI, so it's pretty low on my list.
Still, thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Don't even know if I even got to the first boss in Witcher 2, by the way.
Edit 2: Just checked my achievements, apparently I didn't even get through the prologue, but I played it on 360 before I got it for PC so maybe I got further there. I really tried to like the game but just couldn't.

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 2:22AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

I played Witcher 1,2 and 3. Witcher 2 has the best storyline out of all the Witcher games. In witcher 3 the whole storyline sucks. The redeeming thing about Witcher 3 is the mechanics of the game. In witcher 2 who you side with in the game determine what story missions you play and what character are your alleys. Every decision you make has an impact in witcher 2. Witcher 3 is literally find ciri the game. I had to grind through witcher 3 storyline because it was so boring. I played all the side quest and alot of the side quest story was better than the main quests. There isn't as much political story in witcher 3 as there is in witcher 2.

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 7:52AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Mhh, I read up on it a bit and most people seem to say that the combat is still pretty bad. But I don't know, maybe I'll consider buying it. Probably not though, still have to get some money for Dishonored 2, Dark Souls 3 DLC, Shadow Warrior 2 and Civ VI, so it's pretty low on my list.
Still, thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Don't even know if I even got to the first boss in Witcher 2, by the way.
Edit 2: Just checked my achievements, apparently I didn't even get through the prologue, but I played it on 360 before I got it for PC so maybe I got further there. I really tried to like the game but just couldn't.

I would say 'hold it' on Dark Souls 3 DLC. They say uts extremely small and has only 2 bosses. And not even that impressive.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Let's get back on topic here. You can move the "what game is more worth the price" stuff over to the video game thread, this one's about yuri.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

spacepowers posted:

Ghost in the Shell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg

It actually doesn't look half bad. At least it is clearly a adaptation.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

spacepowers posted:

I'm feeling as if they kept her bisexuality intact to make it "look" interesting and nothing more.Even though I'm not happy with the cast I think I'll watch it anyways.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Now that we're talking about upcoming things:

Ryan Murphy confirmed a crossover American Horror Story season between Murder House and Coven, that means we get another shot at Misty and Cordelia, or atleast we'll see them together again, if Ryan knows what's good about his own show.

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 8:36AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Everything about this seems really awkward to me. Even the classic set pieces like the invisible fight and falling off the building look stiff. The visual design of the city just comes off as trying to out-do Blade Runner and Akira, but trying way too hard and making it a hot mess.

And Batou's eyes look really, really stupid.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

spacepowers posted:

Other than that the only thing that seemed off to me was the not-really-nudity/

Yea, it was kinda weird. It wasn't like Major was going nude on purpose. Usually it was more of situational thing and she was just not ashamed. Here it looked as if they saw anime, considered naked Major is how she usually is, but they didn't even bother to make her really naked.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Watched the latest episode of Supergirl and Alex's coming out story was continued! Somewhat surprising since coming out stories in these kinds of shows take up, like, 2 minutes at most or are entirely skipped over (basically every other comic show I've watched come to mind), but, you know, it's actually done pretty realistically here (as far as I can tell anyway...). Well, I suppose there's nothing wrong with everyone immediately accepting that someone's gay, but, yeah, I guess it's nice to see something different for a change or whatnot. Glad to see a show devoting a good chunk of its showtime to LGBT content and not... more cliche straight content!

last edited at Nov 14, 2016 11:22PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Just i still don't understand why everyone was triggered by the kiss b/w Ellie ans her friend in 'Last of Us'?

I mean people are fine with lesbian movies. But when 2 girls in game shows romatic feeling and kiss, they are triggered .-_-

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

If anyone is still waiting to give Supergirl a shot, now's your chance. Honestly the coming out story throughout these past 2 episodes have made me shed tears and resonated with me so dearly, I can't quite describe it but I've never seen it so well done on television.

And you can bet your ass that this storyline is going to continue throughout this entire season so don't miss this if you want something refreshing.

She's a main character by the way so she's in every episode.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

spacepowers posted:

Looks cool, but admittedly, it kinda scares/intimidates me. I guess I was too young for it.
I remember, as a child, seeing a video cassette of it (idk if it was episodes, a movie?) in this box of cassettes, probs given to us by some random family acquaintance. And the cover really intimidated me, it gave me the impression that it was about "scary stuff", and I sorta avoided looking at it too much. I think I still have some of those past feelings. I don't even know what it's about lol, time to look it up I guess

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Definitely do. The Ghost in the Shell movie in my opinion still looks amazing to this day.

To reply you must either login or sign up.