Forum › Bridesmaid discussion

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Sigh... this type of story again.

So people are saying she loves them both, which is all fine and dandy but it bothers me because the bride only went with the man because she can actually start a family and have kids that way. I hate women that are such push overs but I guess I just don't understand. Why would that even be appropriate to do on the day you just got married? If she knew about her feelings they could of talked it over before... I don't care about het but that was a shitty thing to do to the husband too. He's probably off celebrating and looking for his wife while she's smooching it up with the other girl. Will this marriage even last?

Well whatever, I wish them both the best of luck, even more so the bridesmaid hoping she will find someone that will make her happy.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 7:42PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

That was pretty despicable on bride's part... Hopefully bridesmaid will finally move on.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Imagine if Fleur goes like "Now, if you excuse me... A Loooooong night awaits me If you know what I mean Eh? EEH? no? too early?"

joined Aug 16, 2014

^
I can almost do it.

First_trip
joined Jan 17, 2015

Woa, I'm a mess right now, lesson learned, never read angst when you just woke up ==;

Imo the Bride confess to Fleur so they can both moving on fron their feelings, there's nothing cruel here.

Fleur can decline the friend's request to accompany her but she didn't because she wanted to fulfill her duty as a best friend! Fleur wanted to help her friend, even if she's in love with that friend and seeing the friend getting married to someone else hurts.

And this story comes from an Asian country so I can feel the Bride... It's cliché but it's the truth...

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Woa, I'm a mess right now, lesson learned, never read angst when you just woke up ==;

Imo the Bride confess to Fleur so they can both moving on fron their feelings, there's nothing cruel here.

Fleur can decline the friend's request to accompany her but she didn't because she wanted to fulfill her duty as a best friend! Fleur wanted to help her friend, even if she's in love with that friend and seeing the friend getting married to someone else hurts.

And this story comes from an Asian country so I can feel the Bride... It's cliché but it's the truth...

Thank you! Finally someone who not only gets it but can spell it out much better than I can.

BolbyNasution
Img_283753346996831
joined Jan 12, 2014

I see everyone complaining. This story has done a great job. I don't think the moe-moe and fluffy type of story is all we need. Not that i'm against that type of story. This story is cliche but seems so real. I love this story

joined Aug 16, 2014

That's some interesting way of helping your friend to move on from their feelings. "I always knew about your feelings for me, I have romantic feelings for you too, but I decided that I will marry someone else, after all."
The first part'd be okay, if a little harsh on the person, but the rest was really unecessary and felt more like rubbing salt to the wound.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 9:33PM

Nosebleed Uploader
Nonorisa
Helvetica Scans
joined Sep 11, 2014

So you're saying the sole way to move on with someone's feelings is to break their heart really hard at a wedding cerimony?
They couldn't have solved it before at any moment, it just had to be this sole moment?

The problem I see with this story is not so much the cruelty in itself, but rather how misplaced and unjustified the cruelty is.
Angst needs to be properly justified and I really feel like this scenario didn't justify it much and it makes me feel like it's just angst for the sake of being angst and that doesn't sit well with me.

last edited at Jun 4, 2015 8:50PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

This is a powerful little one-shot. The emotions are raw and potent.

As for the story line, family obligations are family obligations. It is clear that Fleur never entertained the thought of telling her best friend about her love for her, so I view the bride's confession as a kindness as opposed to cruelty. She let her know that, even though she kept her feelings to herself, they were still received and reciprocated, but due to the same reasons Fleur never brought them to light herself, they have to go back into the dark.

Sad... powerful... but satisfying, in my opinion.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't think the Bride confessing all that was planned, but more a reaction to seeing how pained Fleur was during the ceremony, and realizing she had to make a clean break or Fleur would keep hurting herself. It's possible she didn't realize just how much the marriage was hurting Fleur or the intensity of her feelings, and was hoping that she would get past them, only to find that wasn't the case. It's hard to tell.

joined Aug 16, 2014

I don't think the Bride confessing all that was planned, but more a reaction to seeing how pained Fleur was during the ceremony, and realizing she had to make a clean break or Fleur would keep hurting herself. It's possible she didn't realize just how much the marriage was hurting Fleur or the intensity of her feelings, and was hoping that she would get past them, only to find that wasn't the case. It's hard to tell.

Making a clean break is understandable; it's confessing to bridesmaid that I think was unecessary (and below the belt). The confession'd sure help bride move on, but it's possibly even worse for bridesmaid.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

That is really fucked up logic.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

sooo bittersweet

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

For the family? Screw family!
Like hell your parents can be with you forever.

Ushi-nooo
joined Aug 20, 2014

Omfg Imma cry

Also I'm so glad to see more from this author

joined Aug 16, 2014

That is really fucked up logic.

Maybe. Probably because it was not "logic" (i.e. "thinking"; maybe using the word "think" was not very precise), but "feeling" speaking. I can only speak from my subjectivity, but I find something like "I had no romantic interest in you" (or the like) much easier to digest than "I had romantic interest in you for some time, but I actually have other priorities" -- that after just havin' seen said person marry someone else.

Lifecharacter
Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Happy End I guess? But yeah, I'm going to side with the Bride being cruel and wanting to help herself move on and get over it, rather than her friend. If she wanted to help Freur, she would have told her and done her thing well before the wedding instead of telling her after putting her through all of it.

Also any family that obligates you to marry someone isn't a family that you should feel any obligation towards. Cultural relativism and criticisms of ethnocentrism be damned, that's just a horrible practice for a society to have.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Well, I hate to be that person, but y'know, there's a lot of back story that we can't see. Like, for example, what kind of person is Fleur? From this brief 28 page story, we can already tell that Fleur is the pining type. The type that really can't let go. What kind of person is the bride? She only had like 4 pages of actual dialogue, so I think it's safe to say we don't really know how she works. But it's pretty obvious that she wanted to help ease Fleur's pain and probably her own. I'm not saying that this wasn't sad and a bit teeth grating, but maybe for the two characters this was really the best scenario.

Like, what if she told Fleur before the wedding and somehow Fleur mustered the courage and balls to crash her wedding with an objection? I mean, I know it's hard for some of us to understand how important family traditions and what not are for some people, but we ought to respect their choices. It would be incredibly disrespectful and bigoted of us to ignore their weighed decisions and make their choices for them.

joined Dec 11, 2011

so she confessed after getting married...nice logic

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

oh fuck me that fucking hurts

joined Nov 2, 2013

I don't usually say this, but I feel rather sorry for the guy she's marrying. He seems like a decent enough person, and he genuinely loves Elle. Unknowingly, he's become trapped in a loveless relationship because his bride couldn't be honest with him.

It's strange to sympathize with a male character in yuri, but this guy got fucked over and it wasn't his fault.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

I don't usually say this, but I feel rather sorry for the guy she's marrying. He seems like a decent enough person, and he genuinely loves Elle. Unknowingly, he's become trapped in a loveless relationship because his bride couldn't be honest with him.

It's strange to sympathize with a male character in yuri, but this guy got fucked over and it wasn't his fault.

You make it sound like people are incapable of loving more than one person.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

He didn't though?

The bride genuinely loves him

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

As someone who is asian i understand the pressure to marry somekne even tho they arnt the person you love because thats how the culture is. Unfortunately

To reply you must either login or sign up.