Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Sayaka has a "Haru-chan" as gf, too (a fact that Yuu knows and Touko doesn't, haha), I'm so happy for her!

I guess it will explain in the Sayaka LN somehow or it's even the girl Sayaka meet at the college

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

@Lilliwyt: Sayaka's spin-off novel is announced to have a 3rd volume in progress since May, about her life after highschool. So, yeah, I guess.

joined Feb 15, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/d9rrzj/chapter_45_translation_text_only/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

text only translation if anyone is interested

edit: Just to clarify I did not do this translation. Don't want to get credit for what I didn't create. It was uploaded to reddit by Sogeking104.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 8:52PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/YagateKiminiNaru/comments/d9rrzj/chapter_45_translation_text_only/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

edit: Just to clarify I did not do this translation. Don't want to get credit for what I didn't create. It was uploaded to reddit by Sogeking104.

That's a swell one. Lovely. :)

And finally Sayaka suffers no more hehe.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 10:17PM

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

After reading ch.45, All I can say is : Thank you very much Nakatani-sensei, Thank you very much. ToT

Ch.45 : https://m.imgur.com/gallery/sqxq1sr

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 10:46AM

joined Sep 27, 2019

I love this story, I love yuri :)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

ClaudeSP89 posted:

Who knows? I think she still has lingering feelings. Or she would have told Touko without thinking too much about it

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Who knows? I think she still has lingering feelings. Or she would have told Touko without thinking too much about it

Not necessarily. Japanese culture is pretty uptight. It's also possible that Touko might gush if Sayaka told her, and she felt embarassed about that. There's a lot of possible reasons for it. Regardless, I'm pretty sure what they meant by "suffers no more" was just that she has a girlfriend.

So this was really cute. End of an era. I imagine we'll get one more bonus chapter in the last tank. I expect either Sayaka's girlfriend, or maybe something with Riko and Miyako. (I can think of a lot of possibilities, but those seem the most likely to me) Although it's also possible that rather than that, we might just get one of those character breakdown type things.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 5:03AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We don't know anything about this girlfriend. Maybe we will know more in the LN sequel. But to find one so quickly looks like a cop out to me. As if finding a girlfriend for a girl was that easy. But maybe I'm projecting and Sayaka is perfectly happy :)

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Earlier, someone in this forum said that there was a time skip between the previous chapter and this chapter, and that may be plenty enough time for Sayaka to get over Touko and fall in love with some other girl.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

As usual I read the final chapter on another sire first.
And what a chapter it was! It was so down to earth yet had a lot of actual reveals in it.
I am sure most people will jump to the fact that Sayaka has a new girlfriend of course, but that's somehow the least surprising thing to me.

Let's see... Yuu cut her pigtails (what a shame), but still looks super cute. Touko is already a real actress in college, which is terrifying. That girl is too good at pretending to be someone else :P
Dojima somehow became stuco president... That is the biggest shock tbh.
Sadly Yuu didn't come out to mom yet, but at least Rei knows and is supportive as expected. Speaking of coming out, seems all their friends know by now (sorry Dojima lol).
Koyomi is a novelist and will totally top the charts is what I am getting here hehe

Then there is the ring. The ring. The rinnnnnng! I did see it on Page 26 and was like "Maybe I'm seeing things, could be an error." Then they actually focused on it in the final pages and confirmed it was real. Yeeeeah!

I didn't see a chapter title anywhere, but it's a missed opportunity not to call it "I can reach the stars" now.

So in conclusion, Manaka x Midori was in our hearts all along.
And I still don't get Nakatani's fetish with baggy/oversized clothing.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 12:58PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

They both have a ring on page 22, for those who were wondering.

Edit: We see Touko's even earlier, on page 16.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 7:28AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

They both have a ring on page 22, for those who were wondering.

Edit: We see Touko's even earlier, on page 16.

Page 26 is just where I noticed it first.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, what to say? It was an ending to a beautiful, wonderful, and marvelous series.
Man, I'm glad I attended that rando yuri panel at an anime convention back in 2017, because I don't think I would have found out about this otherwise.
This has become my favorite manga series just in general irregardless of it being a yuri or not. I loved the care and honesty that was shown throughout, and the warmth, and the warmth.
I'm sad to see it go but I'm content where it ended and that it didn't try and putter on and on forsaking quality along the way.
Anyway, I think this Stevie Wonder song perfectly encapsulates this final chapter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOW2UfvWWAE
Here we are on earth together,
It's you and I,
God has made us fall in love, it's true
I've really found someone like you

Will it stay the love you feel for me, will it say
That you will be by my side
To see me through,
Until my life is through

Well, in my mind, we can conquer the world
In love you and I, you and I, you and I

I am glad at least in my life I found someone
That may not be here forever to see me through
But I found strength in you
I only pray that I have shown you a brighter day
Because that's all that I am living for, you see
Don't worry what happens to me

'Cause in my mind, you will stay here always
In love, you and I, you and I, you and I, you and I
In my mind we can conquer the world
In love, you and I, you and I, you and I
Yuu and I (Heh)

joined Aug 29, 2019

So we got a final chapter. It's okay, I guess.

I am a little bit disappointed, but hey, what we got overall was nothing short of spectacular, and me not getting everything I'd hoped for from the ending is really a small price to pay.

Sure, it'd be hard to write two or three coming-out scenes (famil(ies), friends) and convey them in just one chapter, but I was convinced Nakatani would take that in stride and at least give us one.
I am really disappointed that at least two years have passed and they've been keeping their relationship a secret from at least Yuu's parents for the whole time. (Timeframe deduced from the former second-years now being in college and the former first-years apparently being done with school as well.) I was certain the plot thread that had been initiated by Rei contemplating how a coming-out would play out would eventually be followed up on.
Now I know, the Japanese are a lot more reserved towards PDA than us westerners anyway, but still... You'd probably have to be utterly dense not to notice that something intimate's going on for two whole years. Not sure how long the friends and Rei have known about it - considering that Natsuki hasn't even seen Touko yet - but it would have been nigh on impossible to keep it from them.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What a wonderful work we had here!

I noticed the ring as soon as Yuu raised her hand and then I went "Oh ..wow don't tell me is... KYAAAAA" and then I went back and notice how Nakatani tried to hide it with the sleeves and angles, very niiiice, I would LOOOVEEEE And afterwords in the exact moment they exchanged rings hehehe

I also noticed how unimportant was Natsuki Sonomura, I couldn't even find her in MAL I had to check the wiki to know who the heck was that girl lo/ I would've rather see a scene of the "secret" lesbian couple in the background one last time.

Looking forward to the novel, and thank you very much to everyone who shared this discussion with me, we will probably break easily the 300 pages soon too.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm reaching hype levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Zormau posted:

Sure, it'd be hard to write two or three coming-out scenes (famil(ies), friends) and convey them in just one chapter, but I was convinced Nakatani would take that in stride and at least give us one.

This isn't a coming out story. This is about two persons learning to love and finding their place.

You're disappointed about something the author never intended to talk about.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This isn't a coming out story. This is about two persons learning to love and finding their place.

You're disappointed about something the author never intended to talk about.

Well now that we can speak with hindsight: Obviously. Yet I still somehow wasn't "detracted" from my expectation.

I'd also say that "finding your place" should definitely include being comfortable and confident enough about your identity to let your family in on your relationship.

But, uh, I'd rather discuss this once we don't need spoiler tags anymore. So can we put this off a few days?

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 1:45PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

yes she actually went through with the sex scene

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Black is the new black

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So, most volumes so far had extra chapters. Think there could be one in the works? Maybe Sayaka-centered (since she has a girlfriend now) or showing Kanou's published book (maybe it's inspired in Yuu/Touko, she could have even titled it Yagate Kimi Ni Naru).

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 8:39PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ch 45 is out and i all i gotta say was.... i’m okey with it actually~ could be that we get 1 or extra’s but overall i’m happy how it ended up well and they got together even through college :) maybe the extra vil be about how they are adults getting old together ~

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 6:18PM by Nezchan

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

^ till it's officially on this site with Dynasty's usual scanlation group, make sure you use spoiler bars ( == before and after a spoiler), even if it seems like something minor. :)

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I’m wondering if Sayaka’s girlfriend is actually the girl from her swim class when she was a grade schooler. I’m not sure if they ever revealed her name or not but it would be nice if Nakatani Nio could make a bonus chapter revealing her. Also was it just me or was the last chapter slightly anticlimactic... I love the fact that they’re engaged but I wanted something more...sentimental. Like perhaps including the proposal. Idk, Bloom Into You is undeniably one of the best yuri mangas out there so my exceptions for the last ch was really high; but reading it was kinda,,, boring.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 12:39AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.