Forum › Chatting at the Amber Teahouse discussion

joined Mar 31, 2012

Possibly an odd place for this question, but Dynasty has shown some love for Fujieda-san's work before. Lililicious finished the "Chatting at the Amber Teahouse" series, but will not be doing any of the later one-shots; so I was wondering if anyone had heard of any groups that were planning to catch those. I know, a perfect question for the MU-forums, except that they get a bit touchy (for good and justifiable reasons, I'll admit) with questions about scanalations. Considering the wide scope of the Manga-Reader here, I'm guessing that there should be enough forum-traffic so that someone might know something, or at least be able to send me to the next best place to ask. Here's to hoping ;-)

Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking. Are you talking about doing one-shots related to Amber Teahouse, one-shots that Fujieda did, or one-shots from Yuri Hime?

joined Mar 31, 2012

Seravi wrote

I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking. Are you talking about doing one-shots related to Amber Teahouse, one-shots that Fujieda did, or one-shots from Yuri Hime?

Sorry if I wasn't clear;while Dynasty actually did the "Marble Colour" one-shot a few years back, Lililicious has completed everything through Vol 2. At the end of Vol 2, the author's notes suggest there will be further one-shots expanding on the story. Lililicious has already said that they will not be doing these. What I was wondering was if any group was planning/thinking about doing these future Amber Teahouse one-shots. Everything Fujieda does is great, but these are characters and a setting that I have a particular love for. I realize that, with nothing that I know of out yet, they may not be on anyone's radar, but the Yuri-Hime line has enough fans I though it might be worth asking.

joined Jul 3, 2011

Check Yuri Project, I think they might be working on a oneshot. Unless I'm mistaken they're just waiting on a translator.

last edited at Sep 24, 2012 3:06PM

joined Mar 31, 2012

biggbran77 wrote

Check Yuri Project, I think they might be working on a oneshot. Unless I'm mistaken they're just waiting on a translator.

Thanks for the info =D

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Just as a 'bump' Dynasty has loaded the new oneshot too.

(Does this count as Necro? Was looking for a more recent post.)

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Even though I'm sad that we had to take this off of Dynasty Scans, I'm actually really glad that JManga licensed it. Good thing I read most of it while it was still on here!

last edited at Mar 11, 2013 1:35AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Since JManga is closing down this month, what will be the status of this and other series licensed by them?

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Who knows? I think ALC still has the rights....

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How come this and other stuff that used to be here is now back again?

Not that im complaining:)

last edited at Jun 3, 2013 8:24PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

How come this and other stuff that used to be here is now back again?

Not that im complaining

The people that licensed the works in the US/NA region (as covered by NAFTA) went out of business thus revoking their license of the work making it fall back into the grey area that lilicious and Dynasty-scans can operate in.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I was hoping for new content, but I'm glad to see it back up. :D

joined May 31, 2013

Wow that was fast, makes me wonder if it just wasn't profitable or it was managed badly like most modern business's. (unless your to big to fail, then the government just give you bailout money no matter how bad you fuck up.)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

One of my top all-time favs, love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

I was so happy that I cried when I saw this manga on Dynasty-scans. Thank you so much you guy for uploading and sharing a greatest of greatest yuri manga - thanks from my bottom heart.
I'm so glad :)

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Sweet, innocent yuri. I would have loved to see them kiss though. As long as the characters didn't drool, the piece could have still stayed innocent with a few love pecks. ~Sigh~

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

The first time I read this I didn't took the chance to at least comment, now a year or so later after re-reading it I still feel the same as before, I still love it so much, I love the easy going atmosphere, the characters, the innocence, the feelings.. just all. Even after all this time, I still find myself considering this my favorite original yuri manga ever, and I'll always treasure it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I don't know how i forgot to put this one on my favorite list, but it's all in the past now

joined Jul 5, 2014

I really wish that someone would license this, I'd love to own a physical copy. This is definitely one of, if not my favourite Yuri series'. Maybe I should learn Japanese. =[

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Miyabi is one of my favorite mangaka out there. I love her art, her characters are both cute and stylish. Wish some of their work would get an anime adaptation because of all the fluffy yuri, though I wonder if anime would manage to do honor to her style. Sometime, anime have subpar visual when the manga is just so cute (yeah, I look at you, Puchim@su's anime !)

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i saw someone named TheAmberTeahouse on the north american League of Legends spectator tab. its cool to see fans in unexpected places.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

4 years ago I began reading this. This manga got me into reading yuri, and it was the first good yuri manga I've read. It was so good in fact, for about a month the story was stuck in my head and it meant the world to me. Reading it again, it's still really good.

Its too bad not much of Miyabi's work has been uploaded since, because it brings to his work less attention than some of the newer series posted after about 2012. Which isn't fair, because this manga is one of the best series here, and the view count is too little for a manga like this.

joined Jan 1, 2015

4 years ago I began reading this. This manga got me into reading yuri, and it was the first good yuri manga I've read. It was so good in fact, for about a month the story was stuck in my head and it meant the world to me. Reading it again, it's still really good.

Its too bad not much of Miyabi's work has been uploaded since, because it brings to his work less attention than some of the newer series posted after about 2012. Which isn't fair, because this manga is one of the best series here, and the view count is too little for a manga like this.

Wow. That's so deep...... I cried reading your comment...

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Chatting at the Amber Colored Teahouse has appeared in the current issue of Yuri Hime as a series, and I'm almost positive that it's new material. I'm suggesting this one to any scanlation group that has room to add another series. Does anyone know if anyone is going to do it? Lililicious maybe?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wow, really? That's great news! Has Miyabi done any other yuri recently?

To reply you must either login or sign up.