The theme of Lily love is romantic/comedy
Plus little drama

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Ratana, your work is lovely. :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I am loving your work, Ratana. Please keep doing what you're doing.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Mkay then, my bad.
But then why isn't it tagged as comedy? I mean if the author herself says the theme is comedy, it should be tagged as such. o.0

joined Feb 28, 2016

Plus little drama

I'm sorry but from about chapter 5 on wards the whole story just revolves around drama, their is a lot more drama than comedy.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I am loving your work, Ratana. Please keep doing what you're doing.

cosigned. b(n_n)

joined Apr 17, 2015

Plus little drama

I'm sorry but from about chapter 5 on wards the whole story just revolves around drama, their is a lot more drama than comedy.

Dont worry drama will come again on others chapter ^_____________^

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

that's why I added "drama" and no "comedy" because people on Dynasty would cry me and say "you think stalker ex is funny??? Where is comedy, huh????" It has comedy elements but it has more drama - this is my reason for current tags :P

Pure evil.... God job :>

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Spoken like a true writer. I can't wait. :)

last edited at Mar 26, 2016 4:12AM

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Btw, on a completely unrelated note, I now officially add Alextasha x Ratana to my list of OTPs. OwO
I even gave you a code already: Tashatana. X'D

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't ship RL people. That's creepy.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Btw, on a completely unrelated note, I now officially add Alextasha x Ratana to my list of OTPs. OwO

Hahaha I think it's not OTP but BrOTP :P and I like "Ratasha" or "Alextana" (cuz "Altana sounds strange xD)

That too :P

last edited at Mar 26, 2016 8:49AM

joined Apr 17, 2015

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alextasha posted:

(cuz "Altana sounds strange xD)

You could be placed in some lovely garden to enjoy yourselves ;P

last edited at Mar 26, 2016 9:08AM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Alextasha posted:

(cuz "Altana sounds strange xD)

You could be placed in some lovely garden to enjoy yourselves ;P

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

take a kek

joined Jul 26, 2011

Maybe... just it's own original story :P? Not like Citrus, not like Kase-san but like Lily Love :P?

The major problem is there people always tend to make comparisons between stories. For me, Lily Love always had great comic relief, and when it comes to being serious, it can be as serious as the author wants (like when they have spicy scenes and drama scenes). Nothing wrong with it so far. Still enjoying it really much. Thanks guys, and keep up with the awesome job!! :)

Profile160x160
joined Nov 20, 2014

Misunderstand me correctly, I still like this story. It just turned out to be much more silly than I had expected. Now that I know what to expect of it I can view it in a more favourable light.

Please keep up the good work, Ratana! I'm looking forward to it!

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Might be, but I never said I'm normal. XD Like my mom would say: "It's a Su-thing. You don't need to understand."

Also: Ratasha it is! Sounds a lot better like what I came up with, lol. XD

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 12:27PM

joined Sep 21, 2015

Don't get me wrong. I've enjoyed Lily love so far (as someone said above, yuri does not usually stand out because of its plots) and Pulse seems pretty interesting, BUT abusive partners are not matter of fun.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Eh, this works out for the best, I think. It makes Ploy's oblivious behaviour earlier on more understandable, if she knew he was this much of an awkward doofus, and not actually an abusive stalker like he seemed. That's a relief for me, because I generally prefer my romance stories when they don't involve domestic violence, y'know? So I prefer this over the alternative.

With that said, this whole saga with Ploy just seems like it's been working at cross-purposes. She must have felt at least somewhat unsafe - would she have left her home, even reluctantly agreeing to stay at her relative's place on the coast, if she just thought her ex was a harmless nuisance? But then, she mustn't have been that worried about him, or she would probably have been more wary about going out for food or wandering around alone. But in the end, she was right to be concerned, since he did mistakenly kidnap and confine someone he believed to be Ploy after following her to the beach. He was understanding enough when he realised his mistake, but would he have acted the same way if it had been Ploy after all? He demonstrably felt some level of obsession and entitlement specifically over her, so the fact that he treated Donut okay doesn't tell me a whole lot about how he would have treated Ploy in the same situation. But then he's just supposed to be a helpless goofball who fully repents after a minor telling-off by a stranger, end of story? Ehh...

I guess my point is, the "love comedy" angle kinda misses the mark when you keep adding legitimate red flags and spend multiple chapters building up an actual sense of danger and tension. Even with such a lighthearted and harmless outcome, I can't look back at the previous arc as anything other than a tonally awkward story revolving around the serious threat of domestic violence and stalking. Because that's kinda what it was, even with the punchline at the end.

Comedy is hard, I guess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Comedy is hard, I guess.

"Dying is easy; comedy is hard." -- Last words of Edmund Kean

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

"Dying is easy; comedy is hard." -- Last words of Edmund Kean

Dying's easy. Surviving the concussion and brain damage it takes to dig your way out of a concrete cell using your head as a shovel is hard.

To reply you must either login or sign up.