Forum › Goodbye Heaven discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

jeez

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

T-that ending. Eirin, you're too much of a bully.
That was some interesting art.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Oh gosh, I don't even know if the ending made me feel better or worse... >.> My feelings are just kind of confused right now, lol.

Youravatar
joined Jan 20, 2015

Oh gosh, I don't even know if the ending made me feel better or worse... >.> My feelings are just kind of confused right now, lol.

I'm in agreement. I'm not sure what to feel.

Rsz_1rsz_161f85c2f1c256f43611c65e73802030
joined Aug 13, 2013

Hmm... isn't the artist Ichikai?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah, him and Sonson share a doujin group so I got confused. Should all be fixed now.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Ah, I remember this one. Do you guys think Mokou really came back in the end, or was Kaguya just hallucinating that she saw her? You know, since Mokou never appeared.

SomethingorNothing
joined Feb 2, 2015

I pretty much never read this pairing and am a devoted Kiene/Mokou man, but that was one of the most romantic things I've ever read. Goddamn beauty.

Rsz_1rsz_161f85c2f1c256f43611c65e73802030
joined Aug 13, 2013

Yeah, him and Sonson share a doujin group so I got confused. Should all be fixed now.

Oh, I see, I never know about that, probably because I only knew their names instead of circle (^ ^")
Anyway, many thanks for uploading X)

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I pretty much never read this pairing and am a devoted Kiene/Mokou man, but that was one of the most romantic things I've ever read. Goddamn beauty.

Y'know, I hate it when my OTP is questioned due to really romantic stuff like this.......I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SHIP ANYMORE. Mokou x Keine is so cute, but this.....So romantic, I just can't stop the feels. Welp. Time for some Vivit Gray.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Y'know, I hate it when my OTP is questioned due to really romantic stuff like this.......I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SHIP ANYMORE. Mokou x Keine is so cute, but this.....So romantic, I just can't stop the feels. Welp. Time for some Vivit Gray.

I'll be honest, Keine/Mokou still works given that this takes place at least several hundred thousand years later. They get time for a satisfying romance, and eventually these two make peace with each other.

2015-01-01_00005
joined May 12, 2014

Ah, I remember this one. Do you guys think Mokou really came back in the end, or was Kaguya just hallucinating that she saw her? You know, since Mokou never appeared.

I, honestly, have no idea. I mean, it seems like something Eirin would do, but we saw Kaguya holding a skeletal hand and wrist.

I'm confused.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I, honestly, have no idea. I mean, it seems like something Eirin would do, but we saw Kaguya holding a skeletal hand and wrist.

I'm confused.

It's possible, especially given Mokou's hand had time to decompose, suggesting this was a time skip.

Besides, it's not like madness is anything new to Kaguya.

joined Jan 8, 2014

ba-thump so bitter-sweet

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Even if you take the hourai elixir, you can still lose a limb, right? It regenerates? I don't know an awful lot about Touhou lore.

If not, maybe she's just missing an arm? She's definitely alive though. For my feelings' sake.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I feel like the ending was definitely ambiguous, but it's kind of like... The atmosphere of the manga has this sense of fatalistic sincerity about it, and I feel like it would be out of character to start playing tricks with the audience's perception in the last few pages. It's not that coy, so to speak. If it was going to give Kaguya an eternity of suffering comforted only by her delusions, I feel like it would be happy enough to just do that. I think we can trust the ending to be honestly presented, if only because it would have no interest in lying.

Also, framing convention. The last shot being focused on one character's expression as the final events of the story happen offscreen is recognisably classic Japanese cinematography, and it seems to be played pretty straight here. We don't actually see her ourselves, but that's more for ~subtlety~ and a sense of ~This moment belongs to them alone~ than anything to do with us.

M-526
joined Sep 19, 2014

Ichikai comes back with my otp! Sweet.

..but its depressing as fuck again...

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this was perfect, even more for a kaguyaXmokou fan like me,

i expected more comments, perhaps the depressing tag scared someone away, the ending was an example of good ending: "together till the end of world, and after ..."

joined Dec 5, 2014

Yeah the tag scared me a little but I'm glad the ending is something ambiguous like this. Well, I'm confused, I really hope it's not a hallutination.

Now, I don't know if I prefer Mokou/Keine or Mokou/Kaguya.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I always ship Mokou-Keine, but it was really good.

joined Oct 13, 2013

I'm usually not the biggest fan of depressing stories like that, I'm more of a happy ending kind of guy. But there is something about Ichikai's stories that always makes me come back to read them, they are simply too good.

The ending is indeed quite ambiguous. But even if it's just Kaguya's madness, if it's enough to make her happy and give her some comfort during the eternity that follows, I am more than okay with it.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

If only the author's concept of eternity was only attached to the soul, then after their body being destroyed, they would have wandered forever (maybe), but with no pain; there wouldn't have this awful notion of being enslaved in an eternal loop of agony.

last edited at Feb 3, 2015 6:31AM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I ship TeruMokou and quite frankly, this is the happiest ending possible for two immortals, even if Eirin's drug worked or not.

Download
joined Apr 23, 2013

This is actually kind of nice. She didn't end up in space, and even if she went insane, at least she has the company of her own mind-Mokou (though I believe Mokou is totally still alive. I kind of have to or my heart will shatter.)

joined Jan 17, 2014

a happy end compare to this author's other works, with beautiful art

To reply you must either login or sign up.