Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Av
joined Feb 6, 2015

So I was thinking of what might possible happen next chapter...

1. looking at No-rae reaction when she was about to enter the toilet and said “I think I’m gonna go crazy” gives me the impression that she would go search Seol-a and save her from that jerk!

2. seeing how confused/troubled Seol-a at the end part, she might just run off like the one at the chapter 27 when she ditched some dude to chase No-rae or No-rae will send her a reply that will surprise Seol-a and will just ditched the guy and go to No-rae.

3. Or that guy will get Seol-a really drunk but No-rae will come to save her and when Seol-a wake up she will be at No-rae’s place wondering what happened the night before and she will be confronting No-rae for ignoring her and No-rae will spilled out the truth (or maybe it's too soon for this yet idk) and there will be total awkwardness all over the room.

4. Or Samba have another plot twist that I could never think of lol.

I have faith in Samba that she would never let that guy have his way to Seol-a! Anyway, that’s what I think of so far... I just really like this manhwa that I can’t stop thinking about it -.-‘’

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 1:02AM

joined Mar 9, 2015

I knew there was a reason I didn't like that guy. He's been ogling seol-a from the start...creep! Well I hope No Rae goes with her instinct and saves seol-a yet again.

joined Feb 22, 2015

@Halmoni - Translations on the comments - Thanks! I don't know. I just really want to know what they voted as top comment. I knew one of those comments were funny and/or relatable. I friggin refreshed the hell out of your pastebin. I refreshed and I saw 50 people already clicked the translation when you put it up so I was excited out of my mind but when I saw the god damn chapter, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-. I'm like, "Let's start a rioooooooot!" XD Man it's getting so good.

Tumblr_nt8411tibj1trx9pno1_r1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

HypocriticalLiar

LOL. I just want to see what happens when No-rae tries to get a drunk Seol-a home. I'd imagine it'd be extremely funny (since Seol-a would be all over her in the taxi I'm assuming she's taking...idk how poor No-rae will deal with that), especially if she's not able to find Seol-a's keys.

After how nervous and unsettled this cliffhanger has left me, this possibility made me smile. :) She won't need a key since it's an electronic lock but, if Seol-a is too drunk to tell No-rae what the pin number is, then No-rae will have to bring her back to her place (again). haha.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I may be alone in saying I want Seol-a to beat this on her own. They call him the "champion" but this is Seol-a we're talking about, a beautiful, intelligent, hard working, and independent woman. I don't want some player thinking he can make her his next conquest. Though, I don't think it will work for her character as she is a bit naive despite all of her awesome traits. Of course, if she does fight it alone, I would want No-rae playing some part, like Seol-a realizes what the texts mean or at that moment Seol-a realizing she loves No-rae. I don't know if I want a parallel to what happened with the other guy.

I'd love it if Seol-a managed to overcome this on her own too. But I really don't think she's in a situation where she can physically defend herself. She's clearly drunk out of her mind, and Kyung-woo isn't.

I personally think if there's a parallel to the first time No-rae saved Seol-a, it will really strengthen their emotional bond, and connect the story together nicely plot-wise. In a world where everyone, man or woman, wants to take advantage of Seol-a, (except Ji-hwan and Min-jung), No-rae is kinda like her saviour. And I think if No-rae does save Seol-a again, she'll realize how much No-rae cares about her. Seol-a would question why No-rae would save her, when she was previously giving her the cold shoulder treatment. Who knows, maybe this would force No-rae to confess her feelings and explain why she wanted to ensure Seol-a's safety or why she was ignoring Seol-a before.

Even at this point in the story, Seol-a is still pretty dense/naive when it comes to love (for example when she said "Whether I drink a lot or not... is she my bf or what"). No-rae doesn't want to reveal her feelings for Seol-a. These two need events like this to catalyze their relationship, because otherwise it wouldn't go anywhere.

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

I'd love it if Seol-a managed to overcome this on her own too. But I really don't think she's in a situation where she can physically defend herself. She's clearly drunk out of her mind, and Kyung-woo isn't.

I personally think if there's a parallel to the first time No-rae saved Seol-a, it will really strengthen their emotional bond, and connect the story together nicely plot-wise. In a world where everyone, man or woman, wants to take advantage of Seol-a, (except Ji-hwan and Min-jung), No-rae is kinda like her saviour. And I think if No-rae does save Seol-a again, she'll realize how much No-rae cares about her. Seol-a would question why No-rae would save her, when she was previously giving her the cold shoulder treatment. Who knows, maybe this would force No-rae to confess her feelings and explain why she wanted to ensure Seol-a's safety or why she was ignoring Seol-a before.

Even at this point in the story, Seol-a is still pretty dense/naive when it comes to love (for example when she said "Whether I drink a lot or not... is she my bf or what"). No-rae doesn't want to reveal her feelings for Seol-a. These two need events like this to catalyze their relationship, because otherwise it wouldn't go anywhere.

Yep, I think it's me wanting that personal victory for Seol-a, showing she isn't a child/naive like Ji-hwan says and No-rae refuses to believe, but in reality, I can accept she probably still is. While Seol-a may gain something at that moment, the other scenerio of No-rae showing up and helping will help their relationship and also Seol-a and her future. My excuse about Seol-a and texts won't quite cut it.
I say I don't want a parallel, but I think I'm going to love it just as much if it is. As you said, these events are necessary for their relationship and this one in particular. They were able to become friends through the first incident, but now, with how close they are and the current tension, this is definitely the biggest hurdle for them since the start of the story. I expect it to be a lot heavier than the first incident, with much greater consequences.
Sorry I have essentially reaffirmed what you just said, but yeah haha

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 2:28AM

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I really liked that Norae couldn't help herself and had to message Seol-A because she was worried and it was really cute how Seol-A wants to ignore Norae but can't. I like the tension of their situation haha. And well that Kyungwoo guy obviously bought condoms .=___= disgusting, I hate this type of guys, trying to get her drunk so he can sleep with her ugh. Well he is not going to win this time, hopefully.

I think we all have a feeling No-rae is going to rescue her and I'm already making scenarios in my head of how she is going to deal with a drunk Seol-A. Also, I wonder what type of drunk person is Seol-A, maybe she gets touchy with No-rae? Or maybe she is going to be angry when she sees her. Ah I literally can't wait >.<

In general terms, I really liked this chapter, I just wished it was longer.

joined Apr 6, 2015

PREDICTION: I am going to assume that No-rae will save Seol-a before Kyung-woo does anything to her. No-rae will then take her, to either her or Seol-a's place. There, I feel like a significant scene will occur (not sex :P). This is because Seol-a is drunk and you know that quote "A man's true character comes out when he's drunk," well she may initiate a kiss. Who knows maybe if they do kiss, Seol-a would be to drunk to remember and further complicate No-rae's confusion toward Seol-a. OR it maybe the epiphany for No-rae to act on her feelings.......The story could go on from there in various ways......

(This is one way I see it playing out, but WHO KNOWS! hahaha :D)

Kuchiki_rukia__coloreado__by_rukiiyoruchan-d64cu3w
joined Dec 4, 2014

First of all, thanks halmoni for the translation, you're awesome!

Who knows, maybe this would force No-rae to confess her feelings and explain why she wanted to ensure Seol-a's safety or why she was ignoring Seol-a before.

So soon?! In a country where homosexuality is looked down upon and with Seol-a being supposedly super straight from No-rae perspective, I don't think she will have the guts to do so yet, if anything she may admit to caring about her but nothing more IMO.

My predictions for th next chapters is :

A. No-rae shows up at the restaurant (before anything happens) and ask Seol-a to comeback with her. I predict some fight (argument) between them which may break the silence treatment and the wall they built.

B. Seol-a lose the guy all by herself and get back home but No-rae will let herself in anyway thinking that Seol-a may be in danger again only to found out she isn't, this situation will prompt them to talk again.

I'm really hoping for the B prediction to happen, it will be so awkward for both of them :p

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Overhearing a conversation about what's going on in another part of the town, and it just happens to involve your love interest... Looks like a contrieved plot device to me. Come on, what are the chances?

Welcome, Deus Ex Machina.

If No-rae comes to the rescue before anything bad happens, etc, etc.. that will be even more cliché.

But okay, I can suspend my disbelief, because No-rae and Seol-a are really likable characters.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Overhearing a conversation about what's going on in another part of the town, and it just happens to involve your love interest... Looks like a contrieved plot device to me. Come on, what are the chances?

If No-rae comes to the rescue before anything bad happens, etc, etc.. that will be even more cliché.

But okay, I can suspend my disbelief, because No-rae and Seol-a are really likable characters.

Well I mean, what did you want to happen? Would it have satisfied you if Ssamba went down a "realistic" route where Seol-a ends up getting date-raped, has to go through years of therapy to cope with it, and No-rae drowns her sorrows and regrets of being unable to save Seol-a with alcohol while spiraling into a state of depression? This is a romantic fictional manhwa, not some psychological based-on-a-true-story ball buster. I'd be surprised if anything that dark actually happened.

If we didn't have those "contrived" plot devices, it would probably take 30 years for No-rae and Seol-a to just hold hands.

joined Feb 17, 2015

I think next chapter will be :
No rae come to the restaurant when Seola and the boy is about to leave, and then Norae ask Seola to come with her but remember this is Seola with her pride, she will refuse Norae at first until Norae do something. Something like pull Seola's hand or tell her that she really love her maybe.

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 5:56AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Overhearing a conversation about what's going on in another part of the town, and it just happens to involve your love interest... Looks like a contrived plot device to me. Come on, what are the chances?

Rhetorical statement but...: I don't mean to be rude but... why the hell are you even reading fiction if these are problems you have with a story like this? O_o

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 5:54AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I never said I wanted it to take some kind of dark realistic route. This isn't what this story is about, obviously and I don't want it to be another way; it's the story Ssamba is writing and she's the one to set the tone, not me.

But I kind of frown at Deux Ex Machinas. That's one of my pet peeves. External unlikely events or characters that miraculously make the characters "realize their feelings" and advance the plot. It sometimes looks like a trick, because the author doesn't know how to handle the progression of the relationship.

That's why, while I like FF a lot, I prefer "Their Story". The situations are somewhat similar, but Sun Jing takes the matters in hand and never relies on some miracle to make the relationship happen. She works hard to make it happen. That's the level of realism I seek in a good story, not drama, rapes and angst to the max.

Another example : while I loved Sasameki Koto, the Tomoe character threw the thing a little off for me, because she acts like the Deus Ex Machina, revealing the true feelings of Sumika just at the right moment.

It's just a matter of personal preference, that's all. I'll keep on reading FF, of course and like I said, the characters are really lovable.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Rhetorical statement but...: I don't mean to be rude but... why the hell are you even reading fiction if these are problems you have with a story like this? O_o

I believe I explained myself just above. Just a pet peeve of mine. I didn't say that I hate FF, or that's it's bad fiction. I will keep on reading, because I want to know what follows. And isn't it the sign of a good story if people want to know what comes next ?

It's just that some things interfere, for ME, with the overall experience. Just like some people here frown if there's some het involved (not my case), or some kind of service.

I don't want to be rude to the author or to the people who enjoy her work without reservations. But I don't want to be flamed because of my own preferences.

And I believe this forum is here for exchanging point of views. I have mines and I don't believe in "if you don't like something, shut up about it".

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 6:27AM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

I'm of similar opinion as yuridaisuki (except I put off studying all day for it instead lol).

huhuhu. I'm really trying to delay gratifications so what I did, I studied for nine hours. Jgh from the lib and now, No-rae ssi, where art thou? I know in that 1 hour gap you'll be able to find Seol-a....

But I kind of frown at Deux Ex Machinas. That's one of my pet peeves. External unlikely events or characters that miraculously make the characters "realize their feelings" and advance the plot. It sometimes looks like a trick, because the author doesn't know how to handle the progression of the relationship.

mmm... where is the deus ex machina here though? as defined by tvtropes.org

"A Deus Ex Machina (pron: Day-oos eks MAH-kee-nah) is when some new event, character, ability, or object solves a seemingly unsolvable problem in a sudden, unexpected way."

Note that there are a number of requirements for a sudden plot development to be a Deus Ex Machina:

1. Deus Ex Machina are solutions. They are never unexpected developments that make things worse, nor sudden twists that only change the understanding of a story.

2. Deus Ex Machina are sudden or unexpected. This means that even if they are featured or referenced earlier in the story, they do not change the course of nor appear to be a viable solution to the plotline they eventually "solve".

3. The problem a Deus Ex Machina fixes must be portrayed as unsolvable or hopeless. If the problem could be solved with **a bit of common sense or other type of simple intervention, the solution is not a Deus Ex Machina no matter how unexpected it may seem.**

If you are focusing your view on that incident with the ex, and to this chapter which we're merely speculating future events, and if you really mean deus ex machina as "[E]xternal unlikely events or characters that miraculously make the characters "realize their feelings" and advance the plot"
then EVERYTHING you've been reading is an instance of deus ex machina.(as to your definition).

That's why, while I like FF a lot, I prefer "Their Story". The situations are somewhat similar, but Sun Jing takes the matters in hand and never relies on some miracle to make the relationship happen. She works hard to make it happen. That's the level of realism I seek in a good story, not drama, rapes and angst to the max.

I don't want to be rude to the author or to the people who enjoy her work without reservations. But I don't want to be flamed because of my own preferences.

please be careful with your heart err, again, where is the miracle here though. and drama, rapes and angst, whew. where are they though?

lastly, no. we're not prosecuting you for your opinions, I myself would just like to point things out you seem to have missed a lot in the story. I'm sorry for your lost though

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The incident with the ex is believable. It's even the starting point of their lives crossing each other's. I have no qualms about it.

The present "problem" in the story, is that No-rae feels something was not quite the same when she got skinship with Seol-a than when she got skinship with the other guy. So she "retreats" because she's trying to sort out her feelings. That much I understood. So we watch them grow a little apart because of this. That's the current state of affairs. I'm okay with it.

Now, we all know where it's heading : the author has to find a way for them to get close again, with a little bit of drama.

But over-hearing a conversation at the vending machine about precisely the person that's on your mind and what she's doing right now and with who, completely by sheer dumb luck is bit too much for me. It advances the story, okay, but it seems artificial to me.

And I'd rather take the wikipedia definition : a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object. Depending on how it is done, it can be intended to move the story forward when the writer has "painted himself into a corner" and sees no other way out, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or as a comedic device.

It's not the event in itself I criticize. It's the way No-rae is involved in that event.

Ssamba didn't have to do it that way, in my opinion.

It really is a minor point, but it ticked me off

But, who am I anyway ? The author does what she wants.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Plot twist :D next chapter will be... flashbacks :D it doesn't matter what kind. It will be "filler" in this action so we have to wait another week to see what will happen

<*evil laugh*>

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 9:45AM

No Rae Fa So La Ti Do
joined Apr 6, 2015

You are really twisting things around to try to make this scenario fit your definition of deus ex machina.

The 'problem' in question is pretty minor with many, many solutions possible. No way was ssamba boxed into a corner when she decided on this one. It might be a bit cliche, but coincidences do happen in real life. This isn't even the first time No-Rae has overheard someone talking about her future wife. Remember the bathroom scene with the catty girls badmouthing her? Seol-a is very popular and subject to lots of gossip. I bet No-Rae has even overheard more conversations about her before they were friends but it just never registered in her mind because she's not the gossipy type.

The incident with the ex is believable. It's even the starting point of their lives crossing each other's. I have no qualms about it.

The present "problem" in the story, is that No-rae feels something was not quite the same when she got skinship with Seol-a than when she got skinship with the other guy. So she "retreats" because she's trying to sort out her feelings. That much I understood. So we watch them grow a little apart because of this. That's the current state of affairs. I'm okay with it.

Now, we all know where it's heading : the author has to find a way for them to get close again, with a little bit of drama.

But over-hearing a conversation at the vending machine about precisely the person that's on your mind and what she's doing right now and with who, completely by sheer dumb luck is bit too much for me. It advances the story, okay, but it seems artificial to me.

And I'd rather take the wikipedia definition : a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability or object. Depending on how it is done, it can be intended to move the story forward when the writer has "painted himself into a corner" and sees no other way out, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or as a comedic device.

It's not the event in itself I criticize. It's the way No-rae is involved in that event.

Ssamba didn't have to do it that way, in my opinion.

It really is a minor point, but it ticked me off

But, who am I anyway ? The author does what she wants.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

You are really twisting things around to try to make this scenario fit your definition of deus ex machina.

The 'problem' in question is pretty minor with many, many solutions possible. No way was ssamba boxed into a corner when she decided on this one. It might be a bit cliche, but coincidences do happen in real life. This isn't even the first time No-Rae has overheard someone talking about her future wife. Remember the bathroom scene with the catty girls badmouthing her? Seol-a is very popular and subject to lots of gossip. I bet No-Rae has even overheard more conversations about her before they were friends but it just never registered in her mind because she's not the gossipy type.

I second this. Everyone involved goes to the same university, so it makes sense that their paths could cross.

Deus Ex Machina comes from greek plays where they had to clear the stage at the end (there was no curtain) and an easy way to do that would be to lower a god down with a machine to tell everyone what they needed to do next and resolve the play. Such as in Euripides' Orestes where Orestes is about to kill Menelaus' daughter, Menelaus wants to kill Orestes, etc. etc. And Apollo pops out to let them know that they have their mythology wrong and Orestes is supposed to marry the girl he's about to slit the throat of, Menelaus is supposed to forgive him, Elektra is gonna marry Pylades, and Orestes needs to go get purified and whatnot like in the official mythology. Then they all leave the stage, but without Apollo showing up the play wouldn't be able to resolve itself and leave the stage (kind of a lame and bizarre ending, because Apollo is talked about throughout the play, but this is his first official appearance and we wanted to see the real action!).

A very obvious modern equivalent to Euripides' usage would be suddenly waking up just as something terribly awful is about to happen in the story and, "Oh look, it was all just a dream huh, it's over."

I don't think ssamba is going to do anything half as lame as that to us.

joined Feb 19, 2015

@No Rae Fa So La Ti Do

You have no idea the squeals you elicited when I saw 'future wife'. God that caught my breath. Btw, you're missing a 'Mi' in your username.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I never said I wanted it to take some kind of dark realistic route. This isn't what this story is about, obviously and I don't want it to be another way; it's the story Ssamba is writing and she's the one to set the tone, not me.

FF and Their Story are completely different; it doesn't make much sense to compare the two. FF is full of drama, angst, confusion, etc., while Their Story is more like a simple, comedic slice of life story without many complications. Sun Jing likes Qiu Tong, and they eventually grow closer and blah blah blah. You don't see Sun Jing ever questioning her feelings for Qiu Tong, and you don't see any major threats to their relationship (thus far). It's always a happy setting. I don't see how lacking drama/a real plot makes a story "realistic" in any way. No-rae and Sun Jing are two different characters, so they're not going to react the same way. No-rae doesn't even want to admit that she has feelings for Seol-a and she's been hurt by love in the past, so she ends up pushing her away. Sun Jing is headstrong, optimistic, and youthful; she wants to get closer and closer to Qiu Tong no matter what.

I'm pretty sure Ssamba knows what they're doing. It's not like they went "Oh shit No-rae and Seol-a are avoiding each other WHAT SHOULD I DO ok ok No-rae can go save Seol-a or something lmao". A deus ex machina would be more like some Seol-rae fanboy/fangirl character appears out of the blue to smack Kyung-woo upside the head and tell Seol-a that No-rae loves her, and then they all live happily ever after.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

As always, thanks so much for the translation, halmoni. Oh, and having the links in here is great, too.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Whenever you're talking about deus ex machina, citrus and the 2 sister comes to my mind... but in this case it probably won't even makes the story progress. It has the opposite effect x)

last edited at Apr 6, 2015 1:02PM

No Rae Fa So La Ti Do
joined Apr 6, 2015

@No Rae Fa So La Ti Do

You have no idea the squeals you elicited when I saw 'future wife'. God that caught my breath. Btw, you're missing a 'Mi' in your username.

shake my head
I can't believe I did that, lol.

Does 'No-rae' even rhyme with 'Do Re?' I really wish I knew how to pronounce the characters' names. I assume Seol-a is pronounced 'say-ola' or 'seeyola' but I have no clue.

To reply you must either login or sign up.