Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

Kancolle_akagi_kaga-anime
joined Apr 3, 2014

I'm so happy that we get to see No-rae's POV and see her gayness towards Seol-a this time.

@Halmoni; I couldnt be more thankful for providing us with the translation.

joined Jan 13, 2015

LoL . Soel-A is almost fluttering herself when No Rae said pretty XD now she's totally jelly. It's like she just wants that No Rae's attention will just be focus to her.

Can't wait for moore! Can't wait for another monday!!!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Ahh thank you Halmoni and the rest of the FF scanlation team for making my day with the translations and work you guys provide.

Seol-A is getting pretty confident here now. I too, enjoyed No-Rae's POV here. It feels like it's been a while since we got any progressing thoughts from her POV, so this was really nice.

joined Jul 24, 2014

I like to read the forums from time to time, especially if I like something a lot. But I've never had an urge to post a comment. I'm posting for the first time ever because I needed to express my gratitude for this manhwa. Fluttering Feelings means the world to me as a young Korean-American gay woman. Although they live in Korea and have Korean values instead of American ones, I see myself in these characters. I've never read anything that hits as close to home as this particular work of fiction. I can relate to their confused emotions and Korean humor. This story feels kind of different from the usual western and Japanese narratives that I've seen so much of (with the exception of Their Story I suppose). I'm not 100% fluent in Korean, so I rely on the English translations when I don't understand a certain word or phrase in the raws. I would be pretty distraught if I couldn't understand everything that's going on. I wish I could thank the author Samba personally or send them a message in Korean, but I don't think I'd be able to do that. In the mean time, I want to thank halmoni (할머니 :D) for being an amazing contributor and responder, the dynasty-scans uploaders for introducing me to this manhwa, and anyone else who is reading this and has worked on FF. I wish I could convey my feelings more fully, but I guess this will have to do! I've been looking forward to every update and I can't wait for the future ones as well.

joined Jan 5, 2015

I am a happy camper. Really refreshing to see consistent new updates every week. I have to comment, a nice story with frequent updates (e.g. weekly) but graphically simple is better than beautiful artwork but poor updates (i.e. Citrus = 2 months once). Fluttering Feelings have definitely overtaken my #1 spot for shoujo-ai stories (used to be Citrus). I'm curious if we will ever know of No-Rae's ex-relationship story. Maybe it's not important but since Hee-Jin mentioned something about No-Rae's afraid of getting hurt by people, I am sure Seol-A would be curious too.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I like to read the forums from time to time, especially if I like something a lot. But I've never had an urge to post a comment. I'm posting for the first time ever because I needed to express my gratitude for this manhwa. Fluttering Feelings means the world to me as a young Korean-American gay woman. Although they live in Korea and have Korean values instead of American ones, I see myself in these characters. I've never read anything that hits as close to home as this particular work of fiction. I can relate to their confused emotions and Korean humor. This story feels kind of different from the usual western and Japanese narratives that I've seen so much of (with the exception of Their Story I suppose). I'm not 100% fluent in Korean, so I rely on the English translations when I don't understand a certain word or phrase in the raws. I would be pretty distraught if I couldn't understand everything that's going on. I wish I could thank the author Samba personally or send them a message in Korean, but I don't think I'd be able to do that. In the mean time, I want to thank halmoni (할머니 :D) for being an amazing contributor and responder, the dynasty-scans uploaders for introducing me to this manhwa, and anyone else who is reading this and has worked on FF. I wish I could convey my feelings more fully, but I guess this will have to do! I've been looking forward to every update and I can't wait for the future ones as well.

Hello there!
Same here, for some reasons I'm moved by the story.
The plot is different from what we're used to with mangas, the character design is like fresh air.
I really appreciate this so far.
So I sent an email to the author to congratulate her and say thanks.
I don't speak Korean, (s)he is not fluent in English (based on what (s)he said), so it was a short message in simple English.

I said I was using a dictionary to translate... (to avoid any uproar!)
{Guys, seriously... thank you for translating for us all}

So maybe (s)he [apparently I read on a forum that it might be "she"] might be happy to receive another email from fans living abroad.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Aww, it's really nice to know that this story has touched people's lives :) We'll keep doing the translations for as long as this manhwa continues. If we can, haha. If you don't have the comico app, you can always visit their new website: http://comico.toast.com/titles/85/ . You could definitely leave a comment or something on a chapter! If you want help translating your comment to Korean, I'd be happy to help (although my Korean isn't the best either lmao). It must be difficult being a queer Korean-American. I hope you can find some strength from reading FF. 화이팅!

Untitleds
joined Dec 6, 2014

That's right give me ALL of that sexual tension in public places kejwkd this is so good I could literally live off raws

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Wow, so awesome to read comments like these!!
This also made me curious: who relates to which characters of this manga? Do we have the majority of Seol-a's or, perhaps, No-rae's? Or perhaps a nice balance? ^_^

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

This also made me curious: who relates to which characters of this manga? Do we have the majority of Seol-a's or, perhaps, No-rae's? Or perhaps a nice balance? ^_^

There is this girl.
She is a Seol-a (physically).
Clingy like this http://dynasty-scans.com/images/3198.
Likes to flirt, always getting jealous when I'm with other girls or talking about other girls. But ~
Straight. I mean...
That's how she defines herself.

joined Feb 1, 2015

So I sent an email to the author to congratulate her and say thanks.
I don't speak Korean, (s)he is not fluent in English (based on what (s)he said), so it was a short message in simple English.

Koreans are required to take English as part of their standard curriculum so I'm sure the author would be able to understand a simple message, as long as there's no slang or euphemisms.

So maybe (s)he [apparently I read on a forum that it might be "she"] might be happy to receive another email from fans living abroad.

I think so, I know some Koreans have even been so happy of fans abroad that they've approved of unofficial English scanlations of their work. Still, a few have asked them to stop, if only on principle, so it's best not to tempt fate.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Though I'm sure it wouldn't be all that difficult to find us lol.

As for characters that relate... hmmm.. not that I'm aware of. I know that me and some of my friends are more similar to the two in Their Story in that we know a guy who is gay but chat with him about his relationships like we do when we talk about girls (the rest of us are straight afaik lol).

Oh! And @ Paperclips! Feel free to post more! =D

last edited at Feb 2, 2015 5:51PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

hello! I'm a Korean lesbian living in Korea! I found this forum just a few days ago. my English writing skill is not good. please understand me T_T yes, we are required to take English as part of our standard curriculum but didn't learn about writing and speaking. only learn&study about reading and listening for exam :( so, I'm sure author can understand English message anyway

and I read you guys posts too. definitely there is no laws against the promotion of homosexuality in Korea lol. and Fluttering Feelings is not only yuri manhwa(webtoon) in Korea. there are even actual lesbian/gay authors on official naver/daum webtoons. they drew about their own life and about their girl/boy friend. how they met and how they date. even gay author is drawing about their sex life too lol

foreigners usually think there is no queer communities in Korea
but It's not true. yes, less queer support and less openly queer than western but actually It's not difficult to meet other lesbians in Korea
we have our own communities, lesbian bars/clubs and events/parties. and group meetings (small group hang out) are very active :D and most universities have LGBT group too!

oh anyway, I joined here to share what I found!

chapter 21 museum remind me of this museum in Jongno, Seoul
http://cfile209.uf.daum.net/image/2518164854CF81C50E550A
http://cfile225.uf.daum.net/image/251D234854CF81C5042A5C
so I searched university in Jongno, near museum
http://cfile238.uf.daum.net/image/2141074D54CF834D25FFCD
http://cfile203.uf.daum.net/image/2540B84D54CF834C26D688
this is Sungkyunkwan university business administration department in Jongno, Seoul
I think this webtoon background is here!

Hello and welcome !
You're from the "L" forum, right ? ;)
Always happy to have more insight from people living in the country.
I must admit that my knowledge of yuri was completely limited to Japanese manga. Discovering "Fluttering Feelings"(Korean) and "Their story"(Chinese) really opened my eyes. There is really something special about the art and character design that artists in Japan/Korea/China master, and that I just cannot find that easily in Europe.

Woaaa, more yuri artists in Korea?! Please share some more names if you have :}
Anon recently shared : http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn?titleId=471283&weekday=thu, on another forum.
I seriously need to buy a dictionary now, lol.

joined Jan 5, 2015

There is this girl.
She is a Seol-a (physically).
Clingy like this http://dynasty-scans.com/images/3198.
Likes to flirt, always getting jealous when I'm with other girls or talking about other girls. But ~
Straight. I mean...
That's how she defines herself.

Hmmm... I've got a friend who's like that (she had a boyfriend whilst at uni) but flirts with girls a lot too. She's turned gay many years later. The last one she had was a Korean girl (she's hot!), but they didn't last forever. She's now single and no longer searching (bad experience obviously). I think liking someone of either gender is a choice due to the circumstance(s) at that time. Well, I hope the author doesn't make a bad ending for FF...

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Hi, guys! I just want to say thank you to the author for his/her work and to the people who make it possible for us(non Korean speaking) to enjoy it. I appreciate the efforts! Personally, I find the story realistic and likeable. It brings back some memories from another time, kind of relate myself to it when I was in my freshman year in university and had a similar experience( even my character is similar to No-rae's ^^). It takes time to realise your feelings for the same gender when they unexpectedly come so the slow paced plot is justified.Anyway, thanks again and keep up the good job! LOL ..and I made an account just to say that hahah ^^

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

guys, someone translate this: what does the fox say

the first episode is accessed by logging, the designs are very beautiful, looks very hot, so for adult.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

thanks ssome

joined Feb 3, 2015

I was planning to wait for the chapters to be uploaded here before reading them, but the temptation was too great, and I was weak T_T I couldn't help reading the rest of the chapters until the latest one, and I just have to say that I love this so much! The art is nice, the characters are gorgeous, the story is adorable, and I just love it. I am so drawn to everything and asdfghjkl;' fangirls so hard.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

according to the google translated comments on comico, Seol-a is jealous big time of No Rae's friend Hee-jin
would be so nice to get a translation soon.

here is the rough translation :)
LINK DELETED BY REQUEST

I can't understand the last part. I mean, who is the model, who is pretty, is she looking someone else there?

Yes, she's just saying how the people at the exhibition look nice, and she was pointing out a random girl who looked like a model.

halmoni, and this?... http://www.lezhin.com/comic/1st_manhwaking_what_does_the_fox_say/1

what do you think?...

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 7:33PM

joined Dec 5, 2014

Oh, thank for sharing this, ssome. I'm very glad to see other korean yuri webton (I really need to learn korean). I'm wondering if they have other chinese yuri now... To see country like Korean and China have some yuri make me so happy. I have chinese origin myself, so when I discovered Their Story by TanJiu I was like YEAH !!!

Fluttering Feeling is very a big surprise for me. The story and the characters have really something special for me to other actual yuri. Their story also.

Thank you so much to the people who translate.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Thank you Ssome!
Pure delight. I'll definitely have a look at all of them ;}

To see country like Korean and China have some yuri make me so happy. I have chinese origin myself, so when I discovered Their Story by TanJiu I was like YEAH !!!

Oh my God, same here!
I'm so head over heels for all of these now ~

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

halmoni, and this?... http://www.lezhin.com/comic/1st_manhwaking_what_does_the_fox_say/1

what do you think?...

I read the first chapter and the art is really nice. I'm not sure how the webtoons on that website work though. I've seen some chapters that are free, and some that aren't. WDFS only has one chapter out so far, and it's free to read as long as you make an account with your email. If there are other people interested in working on it, I'd be more than happy to help with translating/qc.

Someone on dynasty has already made a topic for WDFS at http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6074-what-does-the-fox-say . Since this topic is for FF, we should try to keep our discussions related to FF lol.

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014

what do you think?...

I read the first chapter and the art is really nice. I'm not sure how the webtoons on that website work though. I've seen some chapters that are free, and some that aren't. WDFS only has one chapter out so far, and it's free to read as long as you make an account with your email. If there are other people interested in working on it, I'd be more than happy to help with translating/qc.

Someone on dynasty has already made a topic for WDFS at http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6074-what-does-the-fox-say . Since this topic is for FF, we should try to keep our discussions related to FF lol.

Sure, it 's because ssome had linked above Koreans yuri...
Expect if they come out the other chapters and how it develops, it could be interesting, on facebook there is already a some people interested ...thanks.

No-rae
joined Feb 4, 2015

I just created an account to comment here.
I really like this story, it's so sweet and the pace is perfect imo. It's more realistic this way :D And I'm also into some parts of korean culture, such as kpop (snsd fangirl here) and I know Korea isn't as open minded about same sex relationship, so I was a little surprised that there actually were korean lesbian comics/manga.
It's awesome we have a korean lesbian girl who can provide us with information about Korea, FF and more yuri webtoons. I like that small fact about the university in FF. Thanks for sharing it!

I have a question, hopefully is not annoying... anyone knows when are the rest chapters getting uploaded on dynasty? I'ts a lot easier to read here. I already read up to chapter 20 haha but I would like to have the opportunity to re-read some of them later :D

well that's it I'm gonna be around posting and sorry if my english isn't that good.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I have a question, hopefully is not annoying... anyone knows when are the rest chapters getting uploaded on dynasty?

Your English is great, don't worry about it!
The rest of the chapters will be uploaded when they are QC'd and posted in the "final english release" folder here. Unless the group has some other preference, that's what we've felt best doing thus far.

To reply you must either login or sign up.