Forum › Posts by dcj

dcj
joined Feb 1, 2015

Suffer hardships, then live the dream
I really loved this. Made me tear up for all the right reasons.

dcj
joined Feb 1, 2015

This chapter was surprisingly sweet. No. 1 really is the best girl.

joined Feb 1, 2015

I'm not sure why it isn't yuri. Maki-chan is a girl magnet and loves it. She should build a harem already.

dcj
joined Feb 1, 2015

...I would not have believed this level of crazy if I hadn't seen it for myself. Wow. I have no words.

dcj
joined Feb 1, 2015

http://pastebin.com/2qa4tnVb

http://pastebin.com/ZtHBhXZs

http://pastebin.com/E8r3a0mr

Judging only by these logs, you seem rude as hell (as usual) and he seems actually relatively reasonable...

I thought it was fine until the guy suddenly accused him of wanting psd as proof he was the scanlator meant he was going to steal his work to...I dunno, change fonts or take credit or something crazy? I didn't get it. Then the whole bit of give me access to the forums despite my bans and weird accusations, or I will write authors to pull all their works off your sites was pure deep-end crazy blackmail. This guy is seriously nuts when you go past the pretense of logical argument to actually evaluating his actions.

joined Feb 1, 2015

Never have I enjoyed a series that hurt my head so much. I kind of want to send this to a girl I know with a PhD in physics but then I'm not sure I'll ever understand her explanations. I'm extremely impressed with the translators.

dcj
joined Feb 1, 2015

Say what you will about this manga, you can't deny the uniform is terrific.

dcj
Their Story discussion 16 Feb 18:28
joined Feb 1, 2015

G-group play. I'm shipping the harem end.

dcj
Lily Love discussion 09 Feb 00:30
joined Feb 1, 2015

Slowly but surely, all of Asia will be yurified. Just as planned.

Just Asia? Think BIGGER!

https://danbooru.donmai.us/data/c63b64410c568d9e607a6219c885ba10.jpg

Yes, but first it's crucial to s̶e̶i̶z̶e̶ convert all cute Asian lolis for m̶y̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶y̶u̶r̶i̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶e̶m̶ the greater good. Anything beyond that is just a bonus.

dcj
Lily Love discussion 08 Feb 23:16
joined Feb 1, 2015

Slowly but surely, all of Asia will be yurified. Just as planned.

joined Feb 1, 2015

yeah, gaji's one-shot yuri webtoon. I asked them if they got permission. they don't and will not
even though some authors don't care about scanlation. I think we should tell them about scanlation at least. if you guys don't tell to author about scanlation, I will not share any links in here anymore

It's normal for scanlators doing unofficial work not to ask for permission for anything that currently isn't being marketed and sold in the translated language. Most will stop immediately if it gets an official translation though and sites like dynasty-scans will stop posting links and inform people that there's an official translation they can purchase.

Also, the scanlation work done on /u/ is completely unrelated to dynasty-scans, so any complaints about it belong there, not here.

joined Feb 1, 2015

It's s bit of a pain to try and read it. Watching the YouTube vid is a lot better, only needed to pause at a few scenes to track the dialogue. It's hilarious, pretty hot and I love how in character they have everyone react. Feels canon.

joined Feb 1, 2015

Yeah, but they're selective about which they choose to translate and I don't think they'll pick any yuri anytime soon. All scanlators take the risk the original artist may protest an unofficial English translation, but most don't care or don't know.

Edited to add: I noticed /u/ has expanded to translate other Korean webcomics. Worth checking out if you have an interest in it.

last edited at Feb 7, 2015 7:26PM

dcj
Their Story discussion 07 Feb 18:09
joined Feb 1, 2015

One of my favorite things reading this is how Sun Jing and Qi Fang are total bros. It's so rare to see in yuri a friendship between a lesbian and a (most likely straight) guy that feels natural, makes both characters more likable and doesn't threaten at all to go het.

joined Feb 1, 2015

So I sent an email to the author to congratulate her and say thanks.
I don't speak Korean, (s)he is not fluent in English (based on what (s)he said), so it was a short message in simple English.

Koreans are required to take English as part of their standard curriculum so I'm sure the author would be able to understand a simple message, as long as there's no slang or euphemisms.

So maybe (s)he [apparently I read on a forum that it might be "she"] might be happy to receive another email from fans living abroad.

I think so, I know some Koreans have even been so happy of fans abroad that they've approved of unofficial English scanlations of their work. Still, a few have asked them to stop, if only on principle, so it's best not to tempt fate.