Forum › Their Story discussion

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I just found her approach to Qiu Tong was a but much because (while we all know she likes her back) she thought she finally made a friend. Remember she mentioned before that she didn't really have friends, so hearing that Sun-Jing was perusing her from the start seems like maybe their friendship might seem fake. I have a feeling she will get over that quickly.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I just found her approach to Qiu Tong was a but much because (while we all know she likes her back) she thought she finally made a friend. Remember she mentioned before that she didn't really have friends, so hearing that Sun-Jing was perusing her from the start seems like maybe their friendship might seem fake. I have a feeling she will get over that quickly.

I wonder if her being pretty and similarly pursued by boys, who she isn't interested in but other girls are, might connect to how she's been friendless so long. Having Sun Jing come after her the same way would be kind of scary in that context.

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I wonder if her being pretty and similarly pursued by boys, who she isn't interested in but other girls are, might connect to how she's been friendless so long. Having Sun Jing come after her the same way would be kind of scary in that context.

I could see that being a reason. Yeah in that context that could be really scary for someone even though Sun Jing didn't mean to be scary.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

It was also not a really nice move in general. I mean, I overall liked the confession, it was direct, it was bold, it was emotionally charged, but, that one sentence, "I'm not here to be friends with you", was really not a nice move. Because she was saying that only after they became friends, at least from Qui Tong's perspective, which is something Sun Jing should have considered.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

what is Qiu Tong going to say?!?!?! SORRY?!?! SORRY?!?!?! What does that MEAN?!?! Come on?!?!?! not ANOTHER CLIFFHANGERRRR TTTT_TTTT!!!!!!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

It was also not a really nice move in general. I mean, I overall liked the confession, it was direct, it was bold, it was emotionally charged, but, that one sentence, "I'm not here to be friends with you", was really not a nice move. Because she was saying that only after they became friends, at least from Qui Tong's perspective, which is something Sun Jing should have considered.

Yeah I agree, I guess she's taking her bro's words to heart, the friendzone thing, how it isn't clear the Sunjing wants to be more than friends
Whatever Qiutong feels, it's obvious she never considered the option that they could be more than friends, she simply just didnt think of it, and being suddenly confronted by such a bold confession really put her in a scary and awkward position. I feel bad for her.

joined Oct 3, 2014

Yeah I agree, I guess she's taking her bro's words to heart, the friendzone thing, how it isn't clear the Sunjing wants to be more than friends
Whatever Qiutong feels, it's obvious she never considered the option that they could be more than friends, she simply just didnt think of it, and being suddenly confronted by such a bold confession really put her in a scary and awkward position. I feel bad for her.

I would like to say that you're reading too much into the words, but I double checked the Chinese and it's a pretty literal translation. I think the phrasing of "I'm not here to be friends with you" may sound slightly graver in English though.

It's scary and awkward in both positions really. The world sees two women as simply gal pals, and one has to take a leap out of it somehow.

Also, what is with that logic "annoying = our feelings complement"?

The Chinese literally means "fill in for each other" although it translates to complementary. While Qiu Tong finds Sun Jing annoying, Sun Jing likes Qiu Tong, so their feelings make up for each other's. Qiu Tong actually responds with "how's that great?" as opposed to "how does that complement?" but the sentiment is basically the same.

last edited at Dec 14, 2015 12:33AM

joined Sep 4, 2014

whoooaaa qui tong said I'm sorry UH OOOHHHHH-- hopefully it'll just be like I'm sorry I like you too or something but idkkk oh man

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

whoooaaa qui tong said I'm sorry UH OOOHHHHH-- hopefully it'll just be like I'm sorry I like you too or something but idkkk oh man

Hopefully, it's I'm sorry for freaking out before, now let's date and be lovey dovey

Oh, I can't wait until the next part. The suspense is killing me.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I'd rather like if Qiu Tong says "I like you too" than "I can't be with you".

joined Sep 4, 2014

I get the feeling that okaay total guess but qui tong rejects her, sun jing cuts her hair, the other short hair girl gets involved and that I guess makes qui tong jealous? Idk I really can't wait to see what happens

Oh%20hoh%20hoh%20hoh
joined Jul 15, 2015

I get the feeling that okaay total guess but qui tong rejects her, sun jing cuts her hair, the other short hair girl gets involved and that I guess makes qui tong jealous? Idk I really can't wait to see what happens

That actually sounds very plausible. Perhaps the most plausible way to go if the author wants to introduce some drama, it's been mostly a fluff-ride for now. The ever-vitalizing misunderstanding-love-triangle-hotchpotch that can be stretched for another 50 chapters or so.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

why does Sun Jing have to cut her HAIR!?!?! It's BEAUTIFUL long!!! TT_TT noooo please nooooooooo... sigh~ she's probably gonna cut it anyway...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

whelp.... rejected

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Ahaha
as someone that actively pursued my current girlfriend for 3 years, confessed, then got rejected, only for her to go "We'll give it a try" a year later, this hits really close to home.
Also god, if it weren't for tumblr I seriously would not have known there was a new release ;_;

It sucks though, you really have to outright say "I like you, as in, I want you as my girlfriend. Please, don't throw me under 'best friend' and just leave me there." because it's so hard with girls. It's super hard to get out of the friendzone. I commend Sung Jing for staying with her and having them talk it out. Good foresight on her part because Qiu Tong would've definitely avoided her. We all known they're gonna get together at one point though xD

I don't even know what to put under spoilers now, feels like everything can be a spoiler o.o

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 6:31PM

joined Sep 4, 2014

Ahaha
as someone that actively pursued my current girlfriend for 3 years, confessed, then got rejected, only for her to go "We'll give it a try" a year later, this hits really close to home.
Also god, if it weren't for tumblr I seriously would not have known there was a new release ;_;

It sucks though, you really have to outright say "I like you, as in, I want you as my girlfriend. Please, don't throw me under 'best friend' and just leave me there." because it's so hard with girls. It's super hard to get out of the friendzone. I commend Sung Jing for staying with her and having them talk it out. Good foresight on her part because Qiu Tong would've definitely avoided her. We all known they're gonna get together at one point though xD

I don't even know what to put under spoilers now, feels like everything can be a spoiler o.o

Oh wow, but it shows how much endurance you have and how much you like her to keep pursuing her for so long, so applause for that! And ive been checking tumblr everyday maybe even every few hours-- for any signs of update XD

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Can someone point me to the new release? I can't find it.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Can someone point me to the new release? I can't find it.

There's no update (just checked author's weibo) *sigh*

joined Sep 4, 2014

It's probably the holidays that the updates are taking a bit longer than usual

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Theres no author who takes updates as seriously as Ssamba lol

Norae
joined Oct 16, 2014
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

New update!!!
http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com

Seriously now, is Sun Jing trying to scare her off?

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

mikasamikasa77 posted:

New update!!!
http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com

And it's a triple update too!

Nezchan posted:

Seriously now, is Sun Jing trying to scare her off?

I'm actually starting to think she's either trying to scare her off or Sun Jing just can't think straight when Qiu Tong is near

Meanwhile in 19 Days we already have a kiss

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 1:29PM

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

I don't really get what just happened...

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Qui Tong only likes Sun Jing as a friend?
Thats what I got from this chapter. we have to remember that Sun Jing is young and its probably the first time she is in love. So thats why she's so arkward and emotionally charged by the whole thing. teenagers tend to run with their emotions and not think about the outcome of their actions.

I do feel bad as Sun Jing has gotten rejected, she's probably in emotional pain now. Qiu Tong is doing the right thing by telling Sun Jing her emotions. The best thing now is a cooling off period and Sun Jing maybe try and move on to someone new who is into girls. We were never told if Qui Tong even swings that way. Maybe they can one day be friends again but they both need time apart.

last edited at Dec 29, 2015 1:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.