Forum › Gamma discussion

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Can everybody stop liking this so I feel less bad about rage quitting over pairings?

Behind the siscon pairing?

I did too. But just have to learn to accept.

But it hurts so muuuuuuuuuuchuhuhuh...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Can everybody stop liking this so I feel less bad about rage quitting over pairings?

Behind the siscon pairing?

I did too. But just have to learn to accept.

But it hurts so muuuuuuuuuuchuhuhuh...

There... there.... I know your pain T____T

If I didn't spoil myself the ending earlier, I think i will all in for Miyuki x Yuri too.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There... there.... I know your pain T____T

If I didn't spoil myself the ending earlier, I think i will all in for Miyuki x Yuri too.

The worst of it is, I don't know if I'll be able to fanfic it right. Fanficing canon yuri just feels so wrong... It's like the author knows me in person or something and just wanted to make me sad.

It's like playing peekaboo with a baby (because of course there are other times you play it), I just don't get what the fuck is going on.

Except the baby is usually happy.

last edited at Jul 2, 2015 2:08AM

joined May 24, 2014

Spiderman 3 is Ogino Jun's favorite movie?!

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

Hikari and Miyuki alone in the dorms together! Can Miyuki's sis-con love for Yuri hold strong?! Only time will tell!!

Hang in there Yuki!!!!!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...While Mika does moderately resemble Madoka, I don't think that's a reason to translate "mahou shoujo" as "puella magi"

So, decent breather chapter. Kind of amusing how gay the magical girl is

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

Kind of amusing how gay the magical girl is

Isn't that a prerequisite of being a magical girl?

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Loved the captain reaction when realizing her visitor is yuri XD Did she put in pads in her shirt ? Her chests seems to have grown a lot between her two outfits. Oo

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

...While Mika does moderately resemble Madoka, I don't think that's a reason to translate "mahou shoujo" as "puella magi"

It looks to me like that translation is actually part of the raw/original, which would just mean the author themself means for it to be a direct reference to Madoka. There's precedence for it too, just like Hornetman->Spiderman and Captain Japan(lol)->Captain America.

I really like the comedy in this chapter. We can also see the gears turning the sisters towards other love interests. Not that I don't enjoy the incest, it's great, but this means we get double the yuri. I also love the fact that there are no pointless filler chapters even when we do get a break. This one set up the fact that the strongest hero has lost her powers and now there's nobody to stop this new guy who's clearly about to go berserk.

joined Jul 8, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gamma_ch13#43
Madoka Magica spits in her face

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Spiderman 3 is Ogino Jun's favorite movie?!

Emo spidey is indeed embarrassing, but you can't deny that Spiderman 3 has pretty good enemy arc. Sandman is really developed by third-rate villain standard, Venom played a great part as an anti-Spiderman. The theme is about overcoming negative emotion(all about venom), forgiveness(Sandman), and redemption(Green Goblin/Blue Train). It's objectively a decent movie.

But yeah, emo Peter Parker is f*cking stupid.

Addendum: While we can all agree that Mika is channeling Madoka, I think I have to point out that her enemy Etranger is definitely carbon copy of Rivalrun from Majokko Mirakurun from Yuru Yuri. I mean, right?

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 6:06AM

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

Puella Magi Mika 'intelligence: 3'... Ouch!! ¬_¬

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

Addendum: While we can all agree that Mika is channeling Madoka, I think I have to point out that her enemy Etranger is definitely carbon copy of Rivalrun from Majokko Mirakurun from Yuru Yuri. I mean, right?

I didn't even notice. I now feel ashamed for not linking that moon scene together. (In my defense, Mirakurun is the one who kicks it, not Rivalrun)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

After the last depressing chapters is amazing to have one genuinaly funny for a change (althought the fake out with Mika had me at the edge of my seat)

Is obvious this guy has read a lot of comics since the story follows a lot of common beats found on american comicbooks, the pacing is perfect and art is top notch. Really great series.

joined Aug 12, 2013

Just a heads up, page 46 and 47 are identical.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Teddscau

Just a heads up, page 46 and 47 are identical.

No they're not, it seens like that at first glange but pay attention to details, page 46 happens on march 30 and page 47 happens on april 7, their cloths and what they say are different, I almost didn't notice too when I read it...

last edited at Jul 30, 2015 1:14PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Kinda disappointed with Mika's chapter. I wished it was more fleshed out / longer instead of basically being a typical magical girl series crammed into 5 pages. I feel like I didn't learn anything new about her.

Captain being taken off guard when Yuri visited was the best though.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Is it just me or the new generation of heroes are much weaker comparing to the old one? Now with Yuri Lily and Mika are out of actions. It seems there is no one left to challenge a strong enemy

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Errr... never going to happen but seems like I like Miyuki and Hikari together more :p

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gamma_ch12#36

An explosion of Fury! Did Yuri just use her Lily Cure powers? Why did none of the characters comment? Did any readers not see this coming? Has killing become the hero thing to do? Find out next time on: Gamma!

Question 1, 2, 3 : Yes and it's not the first time she use what she has left of it. It's totally in character for her to be reckless and emotional like that
Question 4 : Is this question still about this page ? Because she didn't kill anyone, she missed the guy.

The bomb guy? She didn't even attack him. She was using her powers to block the explosion. It was like a shield. Train was the guy fighting the bomber.

Also, they specifically say that nobody saw her use her powers that time, when she and her sister are in the bath in a later chapter.

last edited at Aug 1, 2015 2:16PM

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

They're starting to really stretch the idea that Sakaki doing all this stuff is apparently a secret. I mean, it made since for Lostman not to tell anyone since he probably assumed that he was about to kill him anyway, but what, no one ever bothered to ask Flame Bane where he got his powers? Or did he just neglect to mention him when he told them?

Fc,550x550,white
joined Feb 22, 2015

I don't get the stats they give each character. They always seem so low, I mean if Flamebane is supposed to be one of the strongest heroes around why are all of his stats middling? His highest is only a seven for gods sake, what the hell must a ten look like?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I don't get the stats they give each character. They always seem so low, I mean if Flamebane is supposed to be one of the strongest heroes around why are all of his stats middling? His highest is only a seven for gods sake, what the hell must a ten look like?

Pretty sure 7 is max. For example, light-speed Light Bright has 7 for speed, Lostman has 7 for strength (and has 7 for skill as commander)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So this time we get what happens to a shitty LN protagonist if things go horribly wrong

I think seven is max. I recall Marvel doing something similar, and Ogino is pretty clearly a Marvel fan

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

They're starting to really stretch the idea that Sakaki doing all this stuff is apparently a secret. I mean, it made since for Lostman not to tell anyone since he probably assumed that he was about to kill him anyway, but what, no one ever bothered to ask Flame Bane where he got his powers? Or did he just neglect to mention him when he told them?

Does Flame Bane even know that it's Sakaki who gave him his power? I stand corrected. But I'm pretty sure he hates Sakaki for completely different reason and that he didn't know that Sakaki is in the JDF.

last edited at Aug 2, 2015 8:52PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.