Forum › My Beloved discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hm. Kinda wish chapter 3 didn't end that way - it was totally like "Oh, I'm not sure where this is going!" Now it's obvious, though whether that's a means to an end or something else entirely, who knows.

Well, this was originally just a stand-alone trilogy, which is why it feels like this chapter ends with a certain level of finality. The next bit is linked trilogy, and the final four tie the different bits together.

That's pretty much what I was expecting, given the summary says it was published across three volumes. Each set needs to be self-contained enough to read without the other stories and still enjoy it.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Hm. Kinda wish chapter 3 didn't end that way - it was totally like "Oh, I'm not sure where this is going!" Now it's obvious, though whether that's a means to an end or something else entirely, who knows.

Well, this was originally just a stand-alone trilogy, which is why it feels like this chapter ends with a certain level of finality. The next bit is linked trilogy, and the final four tie the different bits together.

soooooo kinda like a less complex Girlish Sweet in a way?

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Wow, a love triangle that ended well! I must say I'm pleased with that turn out.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Wow, a love triangle that ended well! I must say I'm pleased with that turn out.

A love triangle where no one of the triangle ended up together, i guess the only way to win is to lose?

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Credit page! >,<

What gives the biggest impact is the POV is shifted to Nana's.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love how so many people are all "it's a bad end because Youko and Nana didn't end up together", when Youko managed to find love and forgave Nana, which is basically what Nana wanted. When you see her point of view, she's been upset all this time for hurting Youko, not pining for a romantic relationship. Sure, she had feelings on some level but those were pretty much over with in the course of a few minutes. She's even got a potential new love with Satomi, nothing sad about it for either of them.

Like I said before, it's refreshing to see a manga that doesn't treat childhood friends and high school crushes as some sort of destiny, and that it's okay to go find an even more satisfying love if that doesn't work out.

joined Apr 19, 2013

I love how so many people are all "it's a bad end because Youko and Nana didn't end up together", when Youko managed to find love and forgave Nana, which is basically what Nana wanted. When you see her point of view, she's been upset all this time for hurting Youko, not pining for a romantic relationship. Sure, she had feelings on some level but those were pretty much over with in the course of a few minutes. She's even got a potential new love with Satomi, nothing sad about it for either of them.

Like I said before, it's refreshing to see a manga that doesn't treat childhood friends and high school crushes as some sort of destiny, and that it's okay to go find an even more satisfying love if that doesn't work out.

Totally agree. Thumb up for u

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

So the MC won't end up with the original crush/friend? I hope so because that would be awesome!

if this is a 10-part story, then I have a feeling the MCs will go off and date others. once they graduate, they'll run into each other somewhere, remember why they really loved each other, and (cue the romantic violin music) fall madly in love.

I hope not, they seem better off this way

last edited at Oct 30, 2014 2:28PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm reminded a bit of At The Bottom Of The Stairway To Adulthood, where all the characters are happy at the end, everyone got pretty much what they wanted, and yet people were initially caught off guard by how it ended. I suppose because so much yuri has conditioned us to root for and expect the POV character to get together with the girl she's got her eye on, and nobody else will do. So when an author switches it up, it's difficult to do away with that expectation.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

I'm reminded a bit of At The Bottom Of The Stairway To Adulthood, where all the characters are happy at the end, everyone got pretty much what they wanted, and yet people were initially caught off guard by how it ended. I suppose because so much yuri has conditioned us to root for and expect the POV character to get together with the girl she's got her eye on, and nobody else will do. So when an author switches it up, it's difficult to do away with that expectation.

yeah, we've been Pavlov'd. can't remember if it was Shuninta-sensei or someone else, but there were near back to back releases by that mangaka, and each was of a different style. all I remember was all the hee-king and haw-ing about how terrible it was because it wasn't what the mangaka normally produced. * shrugs * i guess that's why we need more variety.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

For me is less that they aren't getting together and more that the resolution is incredibly sloppy. The sudden timeskip messed with the flow, we jumped from Youko as protagonist to Nana for no good reason, the third chapter feels more like a pilot for a new story and not as a follow up to the previous chapters and in general, the drama is getting old on Jin's works. At this point that the character end together on her stories would be something truly shocking.

last edited at Nov 2, 2014 3:09AM

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Is the 10 part referring to Kila Kila and Game? Or is this a 10 part in itself? Either way, I didn't like the direction of this story. I understand not everyone ends up with their first love in real life, but I'm allowed my yuri manga way of thinking. I wanted Nana and Youko to end up together.

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

Is the 10 part referring to Kila Kila and Game? Or is this a 10 part in itself?

It's 10 part in itself. The My Beloved series is just a collection of chapters about these characters, but they've been printed in books along with other stories for various reasons.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

sooo does anyone really like time skips? i for one hate it.

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

I actually kinda like time skips.. I like being exposed to the characters' future/change. Like Nezchan said, at the end they all are 'happy' / satisfied. Even if they ended screwed up or whatever it is still fine :D

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

There is only one question after this new chapter... will the black haired girl cheat or break up before ? I bet on the cheating >.>

joined Mar 23, 2013

There is only one question after this new chapter... will the black haired girl cheat or break up before ? I bet on the cheating >.>

Back to the good ol' cliché that Bi are cheaters because it's just in their nature.

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Back to the good ol' cliché that Bi are cheaters because it's just in their nature.

I cant decide if its better or worse than the "if they are bi they MUST want to taake part in an orgy/threesome" trope.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I cant decide if its better or worse than the "if they are bi they MUST want to taake part in an orgy/threesome" trope.

You don't need to decide, you're allowed to hate them both.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

You don't need to decide, you're allowed to hate them both.

I think that those who are Bi sexual don't know what they really want . Do they want same sex relations or opposite relations , maybe just do as many as they can while their body is still young . this could almost be a form of Nymphomania . I won't judge or speak ill of Bi's , but in regards to this chapter , if a girl told me she was bisexual just before asking me out, I would have said no , no matter how beautiful she may be I cannot date nor have a relationship with someone who doesn't make a solid choice. Sorry if this upsets anyone .

weto_oneesama
joined Apr 28, 2015

:(
More yuri angst these days...

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

That black haired girl is not bi, just an asshole

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yes because sexual orientation is a choice and so a person must choose one of your binary choices.

This kills the man...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think that those who are Bi sexual don't know what they really want . Do they want same sex relations or opposite relations , maybe just do as many as they can while their body is still young . this could almost be a form of Nymphomania . I won't judge or speak ill of Bi's , but in regards to this chapter , if a girl told me she was bisexual just before asking me out, I would have said no , no matter how beautiful she may be I cannot date nor have a relationship with someone who doesn't make a solid choice. Sorry if this upsets anyone .

Why should you have to make that kind of choice ? That's almost saying that the gender in more important than the person... kinda superficial. If the person chose you then she made a solid choice, the person chose you not your gender... that's actually stronger than choosing by gender.
(Heterosexual speaking)

last edited at May 10, 2015 5:47PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I almost forgot this one was still going... As always, more Takemiya Jin is a pleasant surprise.

I am not bi myself, but I think the "all bisexuals are promiscuous" is slightly more noxious, If nothing else because of how widespread this notion seems to be.

last edited at May 10, 2015 5:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.