Forum › Anime season

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Holy **** ....no...it has to be a platonic thing right? uh...right? no way...

What anime is this?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Love Live Sunshine

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Love Live Sunshine

Wait what? tha-There was actual yuri in LLS? Holy shit.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Rosenakahara posted:

Love Live Sunshine

But they used "daisuki" instead of "ai shiteru" wich can still be taken as strong friendly love (and I'm pretty sure Kotori once said something alike in the first season)... I still shouted a big KYAAAAAAAAAAAA of course, but let's not get our hopes up... Not yet.

And the movie with muse had an even better yuri sight with Nico acting jealous with Maki, that can't be confused with friendship

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Rosenakahara posted:

Love Live Sunshine

But they used "daisuki" instead of "ai shiteru"

Nobody I know has ever confessed their love with "ai shiteru", thats a super fucking cheesy way to do it you only see in dramas, then again I only visit Japan sometimes and dont live there so maybe I need to stay longer to get a real idea.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Fuck okay
I just started LL Sunshine, I'm at ep 6 now, I didn't know the screenshot was about a future ep ;____; Tho I quickly closed the tab, I'm a bit bummed at the spoiler
But um, cool. I'll look forward to that I guess......

last edited at Sep 5, 2016 4:37PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Gotta love that minor and very subtle modification in the subtitle (lol).

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rosenakahara posted:

Rosenakahara posted:

Love Live Sunshine

But they used "daisuki" instead of "ai shiteru"

Nobody I know has ever confessed their love with "ai shiteru", thats a super fucking cheesy way to do it you only see in dramas, then again I only visit Japan sometimes and dont live there so maybe I need to stay longer to get a real idea.

"Aishiteru" is indeed very straightforward, hence japanese are uncomfortable using it and prefer less direct ways to confess. Then again while context and exact wording of "suki/daisuki" can make it pretty clear as well, mangas/animes proved to us before it can be still misunderstand badly. So I'd hold back with any definite statements until we see the episode.

Rina posted:

Gotta love that minor and very subtle modification in the subtitle (lol).

You know, whatever she like her as a friend or more, the line itself is totally correct. After all, english (and probably other languages) has the same issue with words like/love which can be use both to mean affection or simple admiration/friendship. Even more if you consider that direct translation of suki/daisuki is pretty much like/love.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 7:43AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I meant, there's a character in the anime called "You" - by capping the "y" in the line, it implies that Riko likes her instead. Just a rather amusing edit that the subbers thrown in.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 10:07AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

^ I meant, there's a character in the anime called "You" - by capping the "y" in the line, it implies that Riko likes her instead. Just a rather amusing edit that the subbers thrown in.

My bad, it did sound like it wasn't what you meant, but I couldn't think of what else it could be. My fault for not watching LLS and catching it ;P

EDIT/ That is why in this case I prefer romanizing it as "Yoh" cos in english it can get confusing really fast.

last edited at Sep 6, 2016 12:08PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

not to mention AoixIchigo is canon now Kappa

Is that really true?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is that really true?

No, "kappa" is Twitch lang meaning "I just made that up".

joined Jan 8, 2016

Love Live Sunshine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emXwgY3kXLE#t=0m8s

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Is that really true?

Sort of. They had some kind of symbolic wedding back in June, I messed up and didn't add the link, just pretend that was always there. Alternatively, you can google "wedding+aoi ichigo or aikatsu".

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Comments and Likes disabled. So I guess that didn't go well with the fans?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^Comments and Likes disabled. So I guess that didn't go well with the fans?

They disable those in all their vids for some reason, it's unrelated. You can see some comments on the wiki and they seem positive.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Is that really true?

No, "kappa" is Twitch lang meaning "I just made that up".

Ah I see. I didn't know that before.

Sort of. They had some kind of symbolic wedding back in June, I messed up and didn't add the link, just pretend that was always there. Alternatively, you can google "wedding+aoi ichigo or aikatsu".

Hahaha. Yeah I watched the video. So it is official now I see. I was just surprised since there is very little yuri in Aikatsu.

last edited at Sep 7, 2016 11:53AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Such a shame my favourite pairing of the season, Maihime x Hotarun, is also one of the worst animated shows of the year(Qualidia).

;_;

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright, so i went to watch some Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky, right? (After downloading 3 different files until i got to one my TV liked) Despise me using Daryl on my avatar for the second time i don't think that much highly of him compared to Io Fleming...
...That completely changed though! For i had no idea he was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch! (Nero in DMC4, Lelouch in Code Geass) I love the fuck out of this guys' voice! The rest of the cast seems average but it's such a delight to hear him working
So yeah screw you Io i'm now Team Daryl and i'll shit-talk you over a beer with my gay neighbor!
In fact, i'm doing it right now! Fuck i'm drunk

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Well at least Berserk has been getting better each episode

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Alright, so i went to watch some Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky, right? (After downloading 3 different files until i got to one my TV liked) Despise me using Daryl on my avatar for the second time i don't think that much highly of him compared to Io Fleming...
...That completely changed though! For i had no idea he was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch! (Nero in DMC4, Lelouch in Code Geass) I love the fuck out of this guys' voice! The rest of the cast seems average but it's such a delight to hear him working
So yeah screw you Io i'm now Team Daryl and i'll shit-talk you over a beer with my gay neighbor!
In fact, i'm doing it right now! Fuck i'm drunk

Johnny Yong Bosch voices Orga in the dub of IBO. He voices the protag in Persona 4 and that is why I can't take him seriously as Daryl. I just keep seeing the Persona 4 protagonist and go aughaughaguhga.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Johnny Yong Bosch voices Orga in the dub of IBO. He voices the protag in Persona 4 and that is why I can't take him seriously as Daryl. I just keep seeing the Persona 4 protagonist and go aughaughaguhga.

Orga? By Bosch? The guy's a total pussy i can't see that voice fitting at al-Okay yeah that actually must fit pretty well Man i really hope the harem guy stays away from the second season so that Orga finally get a chance to save his manhood

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Orga? By Bosch? The guy's a total pussy i can't see that voice fitting at al-Okay yeah that actually must fit pretty well Man i really hope the harem guy stays away from the second season so that Orga finally get a chance to save his manhood

So let me Bosch is a good voice actor, he has his ups and downs like anyone else. Also:

A total pussy as an insult on a dedicated Yuri reader.

what.

last edited at Sep 9, 2016 4:08PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Dynasty isn't a dedicated yuri reader, tho, if that's what you meant.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

what.

The irony isn't lost on me, but my set of preferences for male characters is a lot different from female ones

To reply you must either login or sign up.