Forum › Posts by Alvis

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

<3 Thank you! You have a soothing voice :D

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Guess who is back? Wow I've been gone or way too long.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I come back, am 40+ pages behind and now we have a Discord? What is the Discord info?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

With like 6 redbull can flowing in your veins, that understandable.

On the contrary, I had 3 hours of sleep this night and I'm drop-dead tired.

Utoptia awwwwww, poor you =(, I also got like 2-3 hours of sleep but I guess I'm still hyped on redbull, so it's gonna feel quite shitting when it wares of, I also had like 3 espresso when I was at school today, one at breakfast and at lunch and one on my way home with some friends, coffee coffee coffee XD

This going to be me today~ I actually fell asleep at 7pm, woke up at 2am. Been up since and I can't go home to nap because I have lab at 2pm ;___;

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Serena
Greetings! Welcome to the thread (Jeez I'm a bit late) Enjoy your stay :D

How was everyone's week?

Hello! It's been a busy week as usual for me, but I did get to spend most of today sleeping hehe

Same, I've been trying to muster every little bit of hope and motivation left in me so I can finish this semester off strong...or just finish. Are you in high school or college/uni?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Serena
Greetings! Welcome to the thread (Jeez I'm a bit late) Enjoy your stay :D

How was everyone's week?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Galich
It's not as though I'm uncomfortable with these topics or others opinions, but I just get over saturated with it in real life and online. It becomes too much if you will.

@Oliver
What art thou studying?

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:37PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Yikes. I've been gone for a week because school has been so busy. On the bright side, I am making homemade pizza bagels~

.I mean America, I feel you, it must be hard to decide when the controversies surrounding both candidates are "equally appalling", I mean, how do you even compare?

For me, I knew who I was voting for and then for the next few months tried to completely avoid anything political on social media. Of course it difficult to block everything... but I knew all my friends and friend's friends were just going to make novellas about the political climate. Maybe if school wasn't so draining and difficult this semester I would've been able to sort of deal with everyone's bullshit but nope. Note this semester.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

No RWBY spoilers please! I'm waiting until they're all released and then binge watching them

@Gengar
Ohhh, that's why she seems familiar. I've played a bit of Borderlands2 but couldn't get into it and quit. She looks badass

Alvis
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Oct 22:30
Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Knock knock

A-anyone home?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Gengar who is your avatar of?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Speaking of discovering new artists sadly could only find male version

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Sorry to hear about all your guys' woes. It makes me sad to see my buddies down in the dumps like me :(. Hoping to apply for a job at a convenience store next month when I'm 19 (state law says that's how old I have to be to handle alcohol). Because I decided not to go to college right away, I had to spend like over 6 months after graduating mid-term making phone call after phone call trying to get meetings set up. I guess I could've applied to somewhere right away, but I have benefitted greatly because of my job coach and my first job at Office Max. Basically what I learned is that retail is not for me. I have so many great advantages at my disposal due to my ASD diagnosis, but I have to deal with so many incompetent/overworked/busy as hell people that it drives me crazy. It seems like all I do is self-advocate. But I digress, it's too much to divulge into. Basically all I'm saying is that there's been way too much waiting on my part and staying at home doing nothing has been a bummer. It's kind of funny. The whole time I was in high school and middle school, I wished I could stay home all day and play video games and stuff. Now that I actually have a chance to do that, I'm on and off between miserable and satisfied. It's like I have to distract myself from being depressed.

EDIT: I realize you guys may not be "down in the dumps" per se, but some negative stuff is happening and I don't like that. Also, I made a post like 4 or 5 pages ago, but I get if you didn't see it. It's not like I put a giant exclamation differentiating it (something along the lines of HUZZAH! or something, I dunno I forgot). #sarcasm

I feel this. When given the chance to relax and play video games get easily depressed due to a lack of purpose and productivity. It's the curse of being Type-A to a fault...

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Has anyone seen Yurikuma Arashi? I just finished it and it was pretty trippy-ish at first almost reminded me of Madoka a bit. At first I didn't think I'd like it and it was kind of jarring but In the end I kind of like their nonlinear way of story telling.

Yeah, I've seen it. At first I had a problem with Killing off sumika and replacing her with ginko at the beginning. But I came to like the change at episode 12. Also I don't get why people just turned away from this series. Were getting full-on yuri without any Subtext,Crossdressing,Bait & Switch, or any other of that bullshit. And people just drop it all because it's "to hard to follow".

It definitely is hard to follow since it's not told in a linear fashion. Reading the comments, I can see people just weren't into it, which is valid of course. I was skeptical at first too honestly but the artwork and metaphors sucked me in.

@Galich
Nooo, Well, I think it's much easier to drop uni in your country and return later in your country than mine. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. In my case, the miracle of prescription drugs. It took a lot of therapy to get to the point that I only needed drugs to help me.

If you ever need someone to talk to I can give you my skype and we can chat privately there.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Has anyone seen Yurikuma Arashi? I just finished it and it was pretty trippy-ish at first almost reminded me of Madoka a bit. At first I didn't think I'd like it and it was kind of jarring but In the end I kind of like their nonlinear way of story telling.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Tbh that actually sounds rather adorable than annoying ^ ^" don't think I could offer much advice on the matter

@Rina
How on earth does that sound adorable?!

I'm so sorry... :( I know that kind of people very well... we had almost the same case in our group, that impertinent girl took advantage of the kindness of others and actually managed to graduate. She was insolent enough to even offer money once if someone agreed to make her project, which is insulting and unfair.
I woder what such people are doing in Uni if they are not interested in studying...
Be strong!

@Blackkitty
She is smart (I mean, smart is such a relative word it doesn't mean much anymore), she just is a whiny baby who never owns up to anything and makes excuses. When someone else knows how to solve a problem, she goes "Must be nice to [insert reason why they know]..." Today all the physics students went on a hiking trip and she is the president of the group. One dude was running late and she refused to call him and we're all sick of her shit and like COME ON JUST FUCKING CALL HIM YOU'RE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS ORGANIZATION TAKE THE INITIATIVE.
I'm trying my best to be strong but I did wonder about jumping off the cliff a couple times while hiking.

@Alvis Sucks to hear that.. it's all about those people that don't know what they're doing at the uni.. I'd say that acting a bit colder yet polite would be a good course of action. Then again, I can imagine someone tearing up to be quite hard to ignore.

@Galich
I think me raising my voice at her in lab might've solved my own problems. Like it was harsh...but it needed to be done and I could've done so much worse.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@oliver Well, from my understanding it's the logic of not helping others -> more people fail the studies -> higher possibility of staying at the degree. I'd say it's a selfish and miserable way of staying on the degree. Then again, I just try my best to help others and don't really wait to be rewarded back; a firm believer that kindness comes back eventually.

Rant time:

So..I usually love helping people with their question but lately, this girl keeps bugging me. I thought she was really smart or at least acclimated to the work expected of us. Turns out all she did last year was feel sorry for herself and beg this other smart kid in our class for help. Now she asks me and it's super fucking annoying. I wouldn't be so reluctant to help her if she didn't complain so much and make excuses for herself like, "Ohhh I'm so stupid, we didn't learn this at my high school." Plus if the problem takes her more than 10 minutes she just gives up and waits for you to do it for her. To make matters worse, she won't ask the professors questions in class because she doesn't want to appear dumb to them but like who fucking cares at this point it's physics it's difficult for everyone??? And I raised my voice at her today in lab because she said"oh, I don't wanna count the fringe shifts I'm horrible at it" Ok fine, I'll switch what I'm doing so you stop complaining "Ohhhh no I'll mess up this thing too" and I just exploded and said "JUST DO SOMETHING" then she started to weep >__>

Guys I'm losing it here. It wouldn't be so bad if she was in one class of mine but no, she's in all my classes. I can't escape her. Kill me.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 11:10PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Oliver

Ahh, I see. From what I've noticed, a lot of my friends have dropped out of college for a crush one or completely ignored their classes over a partner they've only known for less than 6 months. Then when they've broken up they realize they want to go back to college but can't afford it anymore and are stuck working a dead-end retail job for 40+hours a week to get by and are too exhausted to take evening classes in the off chance they can afford it. (And it becomes this really sad vicious cycle) Of course this is all anecdotal evidence for people 18-25. I've seen of much older adults drop out for a partner, have a successful long term relationship and when they're 40+ go back to college and not worry too much about finances. But I really only see that in people 35+ Maybe it's just where I am from?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Galich

Honestly, don't worry. You have so much time to seek out relationships it's better to just focus on your studies so you actually finish them. I know too many people that waste their uni opportunity over a crush. Holy shit 55k is huge! I know you're a language major but which one again?

@Gengar I love Dodger and Northernlion! I watch Cryoatic for his horror-rpg maker game playthroughs.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Galich

Lmao I fail in the relationship department then too! Hopefully, you're like me and you're so consumed in your school work you don't even have the time to be interested in people....well, that's probably not hopeful at all actually. How big is your uni? If it's huge you'll likely find someone~

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

^ That actually sounds really cute for some reason ^ o ^ Hope the mole likes it new home~

Also, this is the most random song I've ever heard (LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXZq2g-qKPw

Wow....t-that song.

Whew, that's good that she usually tells you. It's interesting to see more and more people meet people online. How long have you two been together now? What's she like? What is her favorite flavor of pie?

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Rina

Maybe this is just me..but not being able to contact for 2+ days is a little much. I'm saying this with the hopefully incorrect assumption she doesn't tell you she's going to be busy in the future.If she does then disregard this. I usually tell my partner at the time I may not be online for this many days because of whatever event is happening.

Also, how did you two meet? (Sorry if you already told everyone the story I am pretty bad catching up on this thread sometimes)

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine and thinking abut you too!

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I have a haiku about my complex analysis test I took today :D

Ahem clears throat

why this why this why
this why this why this why this
why this why this why

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins

whythis

Ultimate Valentine Card