Forum › Anime season

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well, ayakashi triangle is definitely not shying away from being shameless. They still censored but with Shirogane stickers, which are kinda funny and fitting for the series.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Witch of Mercury was one of the most gundam of all times for sure...

For season 2, I'm planning to wait at least 6 episodes to start watching because things will get really hard before we get to see any kind of yuri again, after all, it's war.

i had planned to watch the first cour in one go but now that ep 12 is out i keep seeing all kinds of ominous comments and i'm scared xD

Its a shocker but just remember you ARE watching a gundam show

That's the main reason I never even bothered to try it out. Have not had a good time with Gundam in the past and based on what I've seen of the show from screenshots and discussions I'm glad I skipped it

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DY4Y posted:

For season 2, I'm planning to wait at least 6 episodes to start watching because things will get really hard before we get to see any kind of yuri again, after all, it's war.

i had planned to watch the first cour in one go but now that ep 12 is out i keep seeing all kinds of ominous comments and i'm scared xD

That's the main reason I never even bothered to try it out. Have not had a good time with Gundam in the past and based on what I've seen of the show from screenshots and discussions I'm glad I skipped it

I found it great even without the yuri, the protagonist can be too much of a scaredy cat sometimes, I'm not sure what you experienced before (well maybe you saw Gundam victory only, then I would understand) but well, if you already spoiled everything before watching then it's ruined one way or another.

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 4:07PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

DY4Y posted:

I found it great even without the yuri, the protagonist can be too much of a scaredy cat sometimes, I'm not sure what you experienced before (well maybe you saw Gundam victory only, then I would understand) but well, if you already spoiled everything before watching then it's ruined one way or another.

I dislike Gundam as a franchise so no amount of yuri would make me want to watch it.
I've seen are Zeta (well, about half of it before I dropped it) and The Origin which collectively made me realise "I really hate this setting" (i.e. the general world of the Gundam franchise) so I just don't touch them anymore.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I've seen are Zeta (well, about half of it before I dropped it) and The Origin which collectively made me realise "I really hate this setting" (i.e. the general world of the Gundam franchise) so I just don't touch them anymore.

Zeta and The Origin share a setting (the Universal Century), but G-Witch is in it's own continuity

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I dislike Gundam as a franchise so no amount of yuri would make me want to watch it.

UC can be a bit of a downer, yeah, and I haven't watched too much of it myself either, although on the other hand, The 08th MS Team is still one of my favorite Gundam series. The various alternate universes have been mostly on the happier side of things, though, even with their own share of hardships on the way there (but sucks to be you if you happen to be one of my favorite characters).

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 5:11PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Zeta and The Origin share a setting (the Universal Century), but G-Witch is in it's own continuity

I mean, this is what I meant by "the setting", not the continuity but just something about the general presentation of the Gundams and the action and the sci-fi stuff in general which extends to G-Witch (as demonstrated by the fact that the scene I linked is from G-Witch)
I don't particularly like mechs as a whole but something about Gundam specifically just makes me want to tear my hair out.

joined May 26, 2016

DY4Y posted:

What happen was a shock but its not on the level of something Zeta or Victory UC stuff very much has alot of downer stuff in it mostly because that's just how tomino is tbh. This is AU so I doubt we will reach that level of stuff

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I will say, all the little interactions that happen at the beginning are important set ups and characterizations for later events and conflicts in the story. I personally don’t feel that adding it at the beginning of the anime detracts in any way.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Kinda mad that Bofuri season 2 changed and abridged so much of volume 5. Well, the SallyMaple stuff at the end still slaps so it's fine. Though, on the other hand, they did skip Mii and Maple's date up in the clouds and that's unforgivable.

last edited at Jan 18, 2023 5:53PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

tensei oujo to tensai reijou no blah blah blah anime is... really good actually
it sets up a different mood than the manga or LN do however, so is best viewed in parallel with an LN reading

edit: also the choices of content change were very good decisions actually; they set up context for later events without having to bog down those events with infodumps or really long internal monologues

last edited at Jan 18, 2023 6:18PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I really like the little gestures and body language, the animation is just right, very pretty but I like how they take care to show the emotions without telling it to your face, we know very well the current emotional state of Euphylia and why she can't accept kindness right away and how the princess understood that it's going to take some time to break that wall.

Feels like, it will be better than the manga... That's rare these days!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The biggest thing about the MagiRevo anime is that it feels like it's trying to be a romance, which is something the other version of the story only do incidentally

joined Feb 3, 2020

The biggest thing about the MagiRevo anime is that it feels like it's trying to be a romance, which is something the other version of the story only do incidentally

Idk, I'm pretty sure that the LN is also clear that it is a romance

joined Apr 16, 2022

I really like the little gestures and body language, the animation is just right, very pretty but I like how they take care to show the emotions without telling it to your face, we know very well the current emotional state of Euphylia and why she can't accept kindness right away and how the princess understood that it's going to take some time to break that wall.

Feels like, it will be better than the manga... That's rare these days!

I skimmed over the chapters of the manga that episode 3 covers, and I confirmed they're really cutting down the exposition as much as they possibly can. Anis's speech about spirit stones was far more elaborate in the manga, chapter 5 has long monologues by Euphilia where she explains how she's feeling that are mostly cut, etc. Personally I prefer the anime's storytelling style far more. For example, I think the added scene where Euphilia visits her old servants is far more effective at communicating how she's feeling than her just stating it to the audience directly.

I can't compare to the LN since I haven't read it, but just comparing the adaptations I think the anime is significantly better than the manga so far.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

As much as I despise Isekai, I ended up watching 3 now. Good season so far, good time to come back to watch anime weekly :D

joined Jan 6, 2017

For me this has been a bit of a disappointing season.
Not watching one of my most waited for anime of the year (MagiRevo) because volume 3 killed my interest in the series right before the anime started, OniMai is being really gross with all the fanservice making it feel like a completely different story from the one it's adapting, and Bofuri season 2 is way too fast paced atm
Though on the other hand, Reborn to Master the Blade and Ayakashi Triangle have really won me over so that's nice and Saving 80'000 Gold is also pretty fun

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well, scratch Bofuri off that list because episode 3 was much better paced and had a bit of some wonderful Mii x Maple and Sally x Maple stuff as well. Sadly they seem to have changed the Tower event into more of a boss rush even though the exploration parts were some of the best

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well, scratch Bofuri off that list because episode 3 was much better paced and had a bit of some wonderful Mii x Maple and Sally x Maple stuff as well. Sadly they seem to have changed the Tower event into more of a boss rush even though the exploration parts were some of the best

If you go past the weird CGI in the library fight.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, that honestly made episode 3 even more disappointing than the pace of this season so far, especially remembering the beautiful animation of the first season's fights.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Yeah, that honestly made episode 3 even more disappointing than the pace of this season so far, especially remembering the beautiful animation of the first season's fights.

Didn't bother me at all. For me the selling point of the series was always the fluff and silliness and the fights were a secondary thing.
I'd rather they include all the fun stuff where Maple gets new skills and learns to use them. Like when she got Helping Hands and realised she can equip both of her extra shields on it and then she combines it with the Throne and becomes completely surrounded by shields. And of course keep all the cute Maple x Sally moments.

So for me this episode was the best one so far. Even though it still doesn't live up to season 1, not even close (though personally I also think that volumes 1 - 4 are all better than 5 - 7 so it's not just the anime)

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Onimai really upped the fanservice without reason. It's doesn't add anything to the series, it makes it awkward. Just finished episode 4 and not sure I'll keep watching. May just stick to the manga.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I hope the anime adaptation for Reborn to Master the Blade doesn't keep cutting important scenes in future episodes. Episode 4 cut a couple pretty important scenes that give some pretty vital characterization for the Highlanders that now leaves the episode without the needed moral complexity that it otherwise would've had. Which sucks.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I hope the anime adaptation for Reborn to Master the Blade doesn't keep cutting important scenes in future episodes. Episode 4 cut a couple pretty important scenes that give some pretty vital characterization for the Highlanders that now leaves the episode without the needed moral complexity that it otherwise would've had. Which sucks.

I wouldn't say it cut anything that needed to be there. I mean, the only thing I even noticed that it cut was her forgiving the soldiers, instead we were told she would forgive them which does the same thing narratively. Sure the additional details in that scene were nice but they weren't necessary.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I wouldn't say it cut anything that needed to be there. I mean, the only thing I even noticed that it cut was her forgiving the soldiers, instead we were told she would forgive them which does the same thing narratively. Sure the additional details in that scene were nice but they weren't necessary.

I mean, there’s a big difference between forgiving them and falling on your knees begging them to come back to protect the town. They also changed her dialogue around the levitation circle. She’s much more adamant that the lives of the people not be affected, and she says so with no uncertain terms. There’s no hesitation or saying she’ll “try”.

To reply you must either login or sign up.