Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yama no susume decided to be super cute ̶y̶u̶u̶r̶i̶ subtext in today's 08 episode! watch it to feel rejuvenated! but not with the 2 protagonist

Speaking of yama, watch ep 07 part B to see a nice change in animation, it looks fantastic and you can tell there was a whole new team involved.

In other news, I'm getting rumors of at least 3 upcoming yuri works, I don't know what to believe anymore, we've never been in such situation if it's true.

last edited at Nov 22, 2022 12:52PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Yama no susume decided to be super cute ̶y̶u̶u̶r̶i̶ subtext in today's 08 episode! watch it to feel rejuvenated! but not with the 2 protagonist

Speaking of yama, watch ep 07 part B to see a nice change in animation, it looks fantastic and you can tell there was a whole new team involved.

In other news, I'm getting rumors of at least 3 upcoming yuri works, I don't know what to believe anymore, we've never been in such situation if it's true.

I just think the are the sort of lesbian couple that just don't know they are a couple yet, but do everything a couple does.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Next season...

D4DJ and Bofuri should be as yuri as the ever were (which is 'slightly', in the latter case)

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess is just flat-out a yuri series, though I'm not sure how much actual romance it'll get to

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement has a predominately female cast, one of whom is crushing on the main character

It look like Handyman Saitou in Another World has a yuri sidecouple?

Ayakashi Triangle, Onimai, and Reborn to Master the Blade are genderbenders ,which may or may not qualify certain things as yuri depending on your personal preference

It's a large season, but very little is of interest from a yuri fan persepective

joined Jan 1, 2014

Next season...

D4DJ and Bofuri should be as yuri as the ever were (which is 'slightly', in the latter case)

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess is just flat-out a yuri series, though I'm not sure how much actual romance it'll get to

Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement has a predominately female cast, one of whom is crushing on the main character

It look like Handyman Saitou in Another World has a yuri sidecouple?

Ayakashi Triangle, Onimai, and Reborn to Master the Blade are genderbenders ,which may or may not qualify certain things as yuri depending on your personal preference

It's a large season, but very little is of interest from a yuri fan persepective

These 3 are different kinds of GB, so it varies.

Onimai MC can actually turn back by not taking the medicine that turned her into a girl.

The Blade is reincarnation, but dont know anything about it. So no Idea if they also see themselves as a girl now. But I can its assumed they can't turn back?

Part of Traingle's plot is about the MC turning back into a male so he can marry his childhood friend. Although his childhood friend is bi and the most horny/thirsty out of all Jump heriones, so I dont think she really cares either way.
So its not romantic yuri, but for those who just want yuri fanservice.. has plenty of that.

last edited at Dec 5, 2022 10:48AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I've been following the Blade master so I can shine some light on the plot, this is all basic stuff so I won't spoil anything critical.

The protagonist was a former hero who loved to battle, but because of his rise as a great hero the people turned him into a king and he always regretted how his life turned so boring in a castle.

In her now second life, the starting point is from the moment she's born with the memories of the previous life... By the time she's teenager, I think it's fine to assume the protagonist has no problem being a woman, in fact she's pretty proud of how cute she look and the agility of this body.

Being reborn as a girl doesn't make her preference for woman change but we never see her act like a pervert or anything, she's pretty bashful in fact.

Her only concern is to NOT repeat the same path, she wants to become a knight and battle powerful enemies that's all...while also hidding the secret of the previous life, anything else is very spoilery.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Bocchi: "I don't need to apply to use the auditorium for my band at the school festival, i have real gigs in a real venue now! A band isn't a vehicle for my [middle school childhood] dreams, I mean it-"
girl sitting in front of her in class: to her friend "I can see myself falling hard for anyone who has a concert on stage."
friend: "Right? me too"
jumpcut to Bocchi about to put her band application in the box

idk, seems kinda gay to me, ngl

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's true, you can tell if you understand Japanese enough, that's what she says but the version I saw translated it to "if someone plays in stage, they would be the coolest person" in English.

If you change the subs to French or Spanish, it actually says they would fall for such person but in English is just "cool" even I remember the fan translation of the manga going for love, as it should be!

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 12:39PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

They did the same with the main cast so watch out! :V

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Latest episode of Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei shed some light on the four main characters' sleeping arrangements. Not sure the yuri goggles are even needed anymore for this series.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Latest episode of Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei shed some light on the four main characters' sleeping arrangements. Not sure the yuri goggles are even needed anymore for this series.

Missed chance to not sleep in 1 big bed like in the Grimoire master LN.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Akiba Maid Wars really became an absolute sleeper hit of this season. Somehow it actually succeeded in not only walking the line between hardboiled mafia drama and wacky maid café hijinks, it also manages to somehow play both these themes straight and parody them at the same time.

episode 11 spoiler
Also, the fucking balls you must have to kill off one of your main characters as a cliffhanger in (what i assume is) the second to last episode and also not only do it unceremoniously but that unquestionably? Jesus fucking christ xD

I'm hecking upset and in awe in equal measure with this fucking show xD

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I was reading about Reborn to Master the Blade and it turns out there's a mini-anime (only two episodes) that was released a couple of years ago. Has anybody watched it? Or, better yet, has a link to someplace where we can watch it?

joined Jun 21, 2021

I was reading about Reborn to Master the Blade and it turns out there's a mini-anime (only two episodes) that was released a couple of years ago. Has anybody watched it? Or, better yet, has a link to someplace where we can watch it?

Apparently there are a total of 8 mini animations of it so far, watchable on the Comic Fire Youtube channel, with the latest having been uploaded 6 days ago (couldn't find anything with english subs though)
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpS9In2rx5AEo1Bc07-k6D-hpzrFfZB9T

last edited at Dec 16, 2022 11:06PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Is Magi Revo not getting an simulpub release? No crunchyroll, Hi-Dive, funimation, youtube, nothing?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Is Magi Revo not getting an simulpub release? No crunchyroll, Hi-Dive, funimation, youtube, nothing?

...It hasn't started airing yet? No one has picked it up, but there's plenty of time still. Day-of licensing announcements are hardly unheard of

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Somewhere sometime the first ep was released, like early access, I got my hands on the raw but I haven't watch it yet

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ah gotcha. Was going through the website and they didn’t have anything listed so I wasn’t sure. And none of the usuals had it listed on their winter releases. Hope it gets picked up somewhere.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So, who else cried with the Yama no susume ending? surprisingly I did not cry during the sunrise but the bit that came after that, reaching the highest point and then going down.... wheeeew I was in shambles hahaha, I'm so happy

Also one last handholding

46946c2e0356a15c610729edd5143ffe
joined Dec 21, 2022

Hello, you beautiful people up here. I created this acc for a few reasons, I really enjoy spending my time here, reading manga and all, but anime doesn't really give us much this season, or any season :(

Anyway, what I wanted to talk to you about is not really anime and I hope you don't mind me dropping here to recommend a, I'd say, must watch show (fans are currently fighting "Holy war" on Twitter for a 3d season). Maybe some of you have watched it, Warrior Nun. Give it a chance if you have time, 2 seasons are out (Netflix canceled the 3d, therefore the fight), I promise many of you won't regret it and will fall in love with the story, characters and production. Also, come join us on Twitter and help us #SaveWarriorNun

I don't want to spoil much so I'll post this link for all ScyFi/Fantasy lovers up here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBdSfbljde4

Join us, In this life or the next!

Also, feel free to follow me on Twitter, give a shout out

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 5:21AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New anime announced... Seiyuu Radio https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-12-21/seiyu-radio-no-ura-omote-light-novel-series-gets-tv-anime/.193221 but I dropped the manga when the toxic parts of idol industry were taking over and I felt like it wasn't going to be yuri but bait and switch, of course, I don't know how it is now, maybe it was actually yuri after all! but who knows.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm, mostly remember that one just feeling unpleasant

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

DIY is over too in a way that doesn't leave much room for season 2, but that's good, they told a good story and gave us everything we wanted and they totally knew that what we really wanted was the 2 lead together and being honest for once! wow Purin really is roommate material, huh? that was a good subtext... So much skinship.

I wasn't expecting Joboko to leave just like that, I guess I forgot it was supposed to be just one year? or half a year idk, they could've turned that into solid drama for 2 o r 3 episodes but they focused on the builds, that's good too.

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 3:36PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

DIY is over too in a way that doesn't leave much room for season 2, but that's good, they told a good story and gave us everything we wanted and they totally knew that what we really wanted was the 2 lead together and being honest for once! wow Purin really is roommate material, huh? that was a good subtext... So much skinship.

I wasn't expecting Joboko to leave just like that, I guess I forgot it was supposed to be just one year? or half a year idk, they could've turned that into solid drama for 2 o r 3 episodes but they focused on the builds, that's good too.

It was really cuuuuuute, one of my favorites this season. Silly Miku really went all tsundere bc airhead Serufu on a whim said "no need to take care of me anymore, i'm in middleschool now!" and she didn't like that bc taking care of her makes her happy xD absolute gay disaster

last edited at Dec 21, 2022 3:40PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It was really cuuuuuute, one of my favorites this season. Silly Miku really went all tsundere bc airhead Serufu on a whim said "no need to take care of me anymore, i'm in middleschool now!" and she didn't like that bc taking care of her makes her happy xD absolute gay disaster

And let's not forget her also getting all possessive over the wind chime she made being Serufu's treasure and insisting she'd keep holding on to it, with the two of them making a new one for the tree house instead of fulfilling the old (and forgotten by Serufu) promise to hang that one there.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Bocchi the Rock and Chainsaw Man are wonderful. As shit as 2022 has been, weekly anime experiences like AoT, CSM and Bocchi have been great highlights.

last edited at Dec 24, 2022 3:03AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.