Forum › Anime season

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Budokan ep. 3 - that "can't relate" moment in the intro worries me. Was that the sound of yuri prospects being gunned down?

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

^With the introduction of the little sister as a Maina's fan, Eripiyo realized she's feeling romantic love for Maina, that's why she left the train and ran home.

At this point Budokan is the animated definition of useless lesbians, I've never seen 2 girls in love that need to talk as much as this.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Budokan ep. 3 - that "can't relate" moment in the intro worries me. Was that the sound of yuri prospects being gunned down?

I really think that the anime creators are confused what to do with the yuri of this anime(if there is any.). Eripyo said she can't relate to the other guy's dream of marrying his idol and yet you see her in a later scene getting disappointed because she thinks Maina doesn't think of her more than a fan, What? And as for Maina, if the feelings she has toward Eripyo aren't love, then I don't know what they are. She treated the little sister as a normal fan, yet she can't treat Eripyo the same, and gets jealous when other people get along with her. I hope she stops acting so overly gloomy in front of Eripyo, it hurts to see Eripyo's sad expression. And I hope they clarify the characters' intentions in later episodes.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

I looked up "Manga no Tsukurikata!" and it's a huge thing, 46 chapters. It's hosted here in Dynasty archive. What's so bad about it?

In ch1, two girls start dating
They have strong feelings for each other (one suki, one akogare) so we, the readers, we all guess their intimacy (romantic and physical) can only grow from now on
About 45 chapters later, there's finally some growth: one of them gives the other a kiss on the forehead....

Even the scanlators dropped this thang, in bitterness, 3 years ago.......
The name of the author has become infamous among fans

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

^With the introduction of the little sister as a Maina's fan, Eripiyo realized she's feeling romantic love for Maina, that's why she left the train and ran home.

At this point Budokan is the animated definition of useless lesbians, I've never seen 2 girls in love that need to talk as much as this.

'
2 bottoms is always a problem.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Its might not be a series that appeals to most people here, But inter-species reviewers had a genderbent/'yuri' episode this week.

Never before have I seen a ecchi anime go this far on TV, and way beyond what ive ever seen in any yuri anime. Its pretty much an epsiode where the MCs take a genderbent potion(although it barely effect Crim, who has no gender) and 'review' prostitutes while they are turned into girls.
It has zero romance, but if you want some borderline-H yuri, its great.

Am I the only one disappointed in how little hype Magia Record is getting?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Its might not be a series that appeals to most people here, But inter-species reviewers had a genderbent/'yuri' episode this week.

I've been seeing people complain about that episode coming off as extremely homophobic...

Yeah, it's weird. Sequels always make less of a splash than something new, but you'd think something attached to a work as major as MadoMagi would get at least a few people talking. Particularly since it's good

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Yeah, it's weird. Sequels always make less of a splash than something new, but you'd think something attached to a work as major as MadoMagi would get at least a few people talking. Particularly since it's good

I think I'm gonna wait until this season is complete and out on the internets (if it isn't already) so I could binge it all, so... remind me to do that once these conditions are met. Please and thank you.

joined Jan 1, 2014

I've been seeing people complain about that episode coming off as extremely homophobic...

They realize Crim is bi and are a bit weirded out, yeah. You can't escape the usual homophobia you see in any male-focused show aimed at men.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

YarnGirl posted:

It's gonna take some time, after all a lot of people were waiting for more Homura and company, those are the characters people love, and the first season had the element of surprise used magnificently ...and maybe, people are thinking "this is just promotion for the mobile game"

Hylarn posted:

I don't know what people were expecting from a show about straight dudes trying all kind of prostitutes in a fantasy world, I can't believe that they would be genuinely offended if they made it all the way to ep03, it would be very hypocrite imo. But I got curious, so I saw it in ep03 they drink some potions to turn into a girl, then it comes the obvious turn of event of picking a girl to have sex to know what is like (because they like girls after all and they want to know how they feel to understand better...that's the excuse of this episode) and they review their experience, 2 of them said it was "ok" and the elf guy said it was great... now for the tricky parts we have them talking about how they wouldn't do it with a guy even as girl, and for the more complicated part there's this androgynous angel with both female and male parts (a futanari angel) who decided to try sex with a futanari monster girl ( this angel already had straight sex previously) and enjoy it a lot... The other guys were shocked/put off because they didn't know the angel had those tastes too (and they still don't know about the angel being a futa too) so I guess this last part was homophobic.

Well, think about it, it's pretty much a hentai made obviously for a male audience about guys trying prostitutes where futanari exist, and they drink potions to turn into a girl on top of that, what kind of angle you have to take to be offended at that? if anyone gets into this show expecting it to be respectful or politically correct, idk what to say except, drop it and look for something else because you made a dumb decision in the first place.

As for the whole series ... I can live without it, for fantasy I like adventures and for the ecchi part there's hentai so this is less than any of those.

last edited at Jan 26, 2020 1:35PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Regarding the latest Budokan episode I need to add that Eripiyo's voice actress is badass. Her roar when she leaves the guy behind when they're running to a show just killed me.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

Three Budoukan episodes already, and zero progress. Maina is still all mopey ("oh one day I'll show Eripiyo my real feelings, yes, one day") and Eripiyo is every day more certain that Maina hates her.

I was surprised to find that most Cham girls have already graduated high school and are working adults. Maina really have no excuse to be so effing useless. Take the train scene. It's late at night, they are both done working and ready to return home; they are totally free. They meet by chance on the train. After a long, awkward silence, Eripiyo says "sorry to be breathing the same air as you, I'll move to another wagon" and leaves. And Maina... does nothing. >_< For fuck's sake, girl, ask her to join you for a drink! If it goes on like this, we'll reach the end of the show with no changes.

PS: I'm so mad at those staff women. Am I the only one who wants to kick their sorry asses for not telling Maina that they lost the tanzoku package Eripiyo sent her?

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

A comment found in the Reddit thread for Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu episode 3:

PLEASE JUST TALK TO EACH OTHER!!!! I'm a lesbian and this show is making me homophobic!

lol

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm so perturbed that Hirao Auri got an anime. Like, of all the artists on this site, she's gotta be like, in the bottom 10 of people I'd expect to ever be involved with anime, let alone get a long-running series animated. And the quality (of the show) actually looks good, too! I saw all these posts about it but like, never, ever imagined that it was by Hirao Auri...This is all just confirmation that magic and miracles do exist after all. Truly amazing.

last edited at Jan 27, 2020 2:43PM

joined Jul 23, 2019

This is all just confirmation that magic and miracles do exist after all.

Evil black magic? lol

joined Apr 6, 2019

PS: I'm so mad at those staff women. Am I the only one who wants to kick their sorry asses for not telling Maina that they lost the tanzoku package Eripiyo sent her?

You're not the only one.
THOSE DUMB BITCHES! GRR!
Things were complicated enough between Eri and Maina before this, now they have another gratuitous subject of worry! Maina's wondering why Eri didn't send her tanzoku after she asked for them so plainly (and whether Eri disliked that she did that) and Eri is depressed because Maina didn't write her a reply or acknowledged her gift in any way.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Positive reviews got me curious so I watched more of 22/7 and actually found it really compelling. I don't even mind Miu's voice. So if anyone was on the fence after the first episode, I recommend giving the show another try.
The only thing I'm unsure of is the yuri shipping. The OP and several scenes appear to set up Miu with Sakura, but on the official poster she's reaching towards Nicole and they look like they'll have the expected arc about warming up to each other. If this ends up in a triangle and ship wars, I'll be annoyed. Hell, for all I know the group's fandom is already torn on the subject. I'd like to know more if anyone has knowledge of the sketches/other non-anime material.

I also watched a bit of number24 because comments said it was about gay rugby, but I was disappointed on that front. While there's a bit of fanservice, overall the boys aren't interested in each other that way (for now). It's still a good sports anime though and I'm looking forward to more. For slightly gayer rugby, I suggest All Out instead.

Holy shit the latest Magia Record episode was amazing, I don't want to go into details about it tho as I know there are people in this thread who are waiting for it to finish airing before watching it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

YarnGirl posted:

Holy shit the latest Magia Record episode was amazing, I don't want to go into details about it tho as I know there are people in this thread who are waiting for it to finish airing before watching it.

I saw it and that's a twist I really welcome, it's exciting and different from the original so now I feel like it's more than just a side story and the mc wasn't doing much after ep1 and I didn't like that but now ...wow

The new girls in Asteroid make for a good (and cute) comedic relief ......and the most important part....... UMI DAAAAAAAAAA

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Found some spoilers about Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu Unfortunaly it seem that even after 5 volumes of the manga, there is still nothing. Either they still are interrupted and do nothing when they're alone together. So yeah, there is no much hope here.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Three Budoukan episodes already, and zero progress. Maina is still all mopey ("oh one day I'll show Eripiyo my real feelings, yes, one day") and Eripiyo is every day more certain that Maina hates her.

I was surprised to find that most Cham girls have already graduated high school and are working adults. Maina really have no excuse to be so effing useless. Take the train scene. It's late at night, they are both done working and ready to return home; they are totally free. They meet by chance on the train. After a long, awkward silence, Eripiyo says "sorry to be breathing the same air as you, I'll move to another wagon" and leaves. And Maina... does nothing. >_< For fuck's sake, girl, ask her to join you for a drink! If it goes on like this, we'll reach the end of the show with no changes.

I think it was quite clear that for Eripyo, their relationship is limited to a fan-idol one, there's a barrier between them and Eripyo can't cross it (remember Eripyo and Kumasa's reaction when Mutoi said he wanted Sorane as his gf), that's why Maina seems so cold because she seems to see her as something more than a fan. And I don't agree, there was definitely progress between Eripyo and Maina. Maina's finally verbalized her true feelings about Eripyo and Eripyo finally knows that Maina doesn't despise her. They're taking baby steps.

But I hope that their relationship won't turn into a romantic one, it seems so wrong. An idol going out with a woota doesn't sound like a healthy relationship, plus Eripyo seems to worship her more than anything else.

Anyway, Yumeri best girl !

last edited at Feb 3, 2020 4:46PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Considering the other work of the author here don't seem to have progress either, i wouldn't believe this one had. Not that expected anything this season anyway.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

How are we supposed to understand the release date of BangDream s3? for two weeks they released double chapters and last week we didn't get anything, today idk if we'll get any

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Apparently they released singles for PoPiPa, Roselia, and RAS, each with a BD of the anime before the official broadcast. The other bands don't get their singles until March. And the official broadcast started on the 23rd, and so reach new stuff on the 27th

last edited at Feb 4, 2020 9:20AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.