Forum › Anime season

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I can't believe we end up on a teasing confession. Even if everyone know exactly what they were going to said to each other, it will have been nice ifthey had actuallt said it.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I'm really happy with the outcome, I loved this series for years and it didn't disappoint, I'm gonna cry in a corner for weeks but I'm so happy they went for the reciprocated feelings route (even if not explicit).

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

As much as I'd have liked something explicit, that was really cute and actually fairly artful

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

then again

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

"I want to be more than best friends who hang out most of the time."
"Like... best friends forever who hang out all of the time?"
"Exactly like that."

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm late but YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH SYMPHOGAY IS CANON(sorta) YYYYYYYYYYYREEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
I feel like this should've had 1-2 more episodes tbh. Dunno if it's the TRUE finale, but if it is...well it felt rushed.
Any confirmation of OVAs like usual? That would be really nice since those are always 50% gayer.

Carol had a freaking YuGiOh! Good bye! That's both awesome and sad it was nice too see all the cameos too.

Aikatsu friends is also over now...I...will give my thoughts when I watch the 20+ eps I haven't watched...hah...
I doubt anything crazy happend since this is getting a direct sequel/spin off soon. And well, I haven't seen anyone going crazy about the gae.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I feel like this should've had 1-2 more episodes tbh. Dunno if it's the TRUE finale, but if it is...well it felt rushed.

I'm pretty certain this was the series finale. Big thematic endboss, closure achieved, and all of the symphogears got wrecked. And XV as a whole felt rushed

Like, it's enough of a money-maker that there may end up being another series regardless, but I'd expect new staff and cast if that happens

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ I was thinking of a big time-skip as a possibility. But yeah, a completely different cast is the way to go. There is literally nothing left to do...unless they make a romantic comedy sequel!-LOL keep dreaming me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Is it legal to have this much unprotected incest handholding in a single minute? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSKlICmmi98

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

And well, I haven't seen anyone going crazy about the gae.

So you don't follow Jet0o on twitter?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Some pictures you might like
Shamimomo https://i.imgur.com/6hH4xWR.png
Symphogear https://i.imgur.com/ynQuALU.png
Jet girls https://i.imgur.com/do2g1JU.png

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Some pictures you might like
Shamimomo https://i.imgur.com/6hH4xWR.png

Wish that had happened somewhere. But it probably takes a meteor to make Momo fall.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 12:44PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

French translation doesn't care about your subtext. They literraly translate this part by "never again would I let go of my beloved's hand "

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

So the French translation is wrong on purpose? Has headcanon gone too far?

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 5:03PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

So the French translation is wrong on purpose? Has headcanon gone too far?

We are just romantic

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

We are just romantic

And trash subs are just creative with their grammar.
You really oughta be more concerned by what else they are altering for their own preferences.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 5:19PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We are just romantic

And trash subs are just creative with their grammar.
You really oughta be more concerned by what else they are altering for their own preferences.

At least we got the sub for the songs unlike the CR subs. This part is the only part that got a bit of a fun translation. In general French subtitiles are quite goods.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alright we're starting with the new season!!

Houkago Saikoro It was fun! I was drawn by the protagonist who at first I thought it would be Aya! the happy girl instead... I really like this blue girl and her Kyoto accent but I can't say the same about her habit of crying so easily- That aside...... HANDHOLDING IN THE FIRST CHAPTER that's too much!! lo/ as for Aya, I'm just surprised they didn't exploit the fact that she was going commando the whole episode and then we have the tsundere serious girl and the shop manager, all kind characters in their own way... Hmm! I will like this X) but I can't imagine it selling 5k BDs xP

Azurlane If you're a fan of Kancolle you'll probably like this, if you're a fan of the game you will like this and forgive the bad flying unicorn but if you don't know anything about it I can't blame you for being confused as fuck hahaha but the action was really cool and the amount of waifus will please everyone... and surprise, they decided to remove the Shikikan (commander self insert) presence from the anime it seems o.O good choice!

I'm gonna watch Null and Peta now and come back with the updated post.

Also the 2 new isekais that showed up this week seem to be trashy.......ikr? who would've thought!

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 7:15PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Also the 2 new isekais that showed up this week seem to be trashy.......ikr? who would've thought!

Out of curiosity. Which 2 you meant, cos I found 3...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Serenata posted:

Shinchou Yuusha (where they tried to copy the charm of Aqua from Konosuba but fail terribly) finishing the first chapter was like a chore and the only interesting part came at the end imo ... But... I didn't laugh not even once so it just doesnt' work for me. The other has a wrestler fighter as protagonist, I haven't watched this but my friends already dislike and I trust them and I wasn't even going to give it a chance anyway.

The third one is probably the girl who likes book, right? haven't watch one yet, could be too slow for my liking..........AH! there's also one with a super OP girl protagonist! "Didn't I tell you to make my abilities average?!" or something. I want to watch that XP it hasn't aired yet but it looks full of hard subtext

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think there is also the one with multiples geniuses no ?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Nevri posted:

Serenata posted:

Shinchou Yuusha (where they tried to copy the charm of Aqua from Konosuba but fail terribly) finishing the first chapter was like a chore and the only interesting part came at the end imo ... But... I didn't laugh not even once so it just doesnt' work for me. The other has a wrestler fighter as protagonist, I haven't watched this but my friends already dislike and I trust them and I wasn't even going to give it a chance anyway.

The third one is probably the girl who likes book, right? haven't watch one yet, could be too slow for my liking..........AH! there's also one with a super OP girl protagonist! "Didn't I tell you to make my abilities average?!" or something. I want to watch that XP it hasn't aired yet but it looks full of hard subtext

I found Shinchou Yuusha, Hataage! Kemono Michi and Choyoyu!. So there's actually 5...

I started to watch Houkago Saikoro Club and yea, I like shy girl and Aya's logic and enthusiasm is funny, but that crying scene really felt weird and unnatural. I mean getting teary was ok, but squatting and crying like helpless child felt out of place.

I read what was available from manga for "Average" girl and it was ok, though i didn't feel like waiting for more. Maybe I'll give anime a shot. I didn't really like some of storytelling choices in it.

EDIT/ Rotfl i read first 3 chapters of Houkago Saikoro Club long ago and totally forgot about it. It didn't click until they followed class rep to secret dice club. I either planned to read it later, but never got to it or read what was available at the time and never checked again.

last edited at Oct 4, 2019 8:44PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, there's five isekai series this season. Choyoyu is the super-generic power fantasy, Shinchou Yuusha and Kemono Michi are both KonoSuba-likes, NouKin is CGDCT, and the book one is something entirely different

I read what was available from manga for "Average" girl and it was ok, though i didn't feel like waiting for more. Maybe I'll give anime a shot. I didn't really like some of storytelling choices in it.

A bit of the anime is already out, and it's pretty unlike the source material. I feel like fondness for the anime is going to be unrelated to fondness for the books or manga

Other stuff:

Azur Lane is... alright. Kind of erratic in both storytelling and animation. Does have some potential yuri in the form of Kaga appearing to be in love with Akagi

NullPeta is decent. Animation could be better and I don't think there'll be yuri, but it's funny

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If they really removed the self insert captain from Azur lane, Kaga is not the only one with potential for yuri, for example

Graf Spee and Deustchland https://www.zerochan.net/2304558

Portland and Indianapolis https://yande.re/post/show/431903

I notice that there are severals boats considered "sisters" that ....get along very well, not just those and Kaga and Akagi.

Incest warship aside there's a dangerous lolicon (Ark Royal) out there https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3577035

And I guess the best and most prominent would be Cleveland (who's super cool and I love her too) who you already saw taking a lot of screen time in the anime and she pretty much comes in combo with Helena https://konachan.com/post/show/257040/azur_lane-cleveland_-azur_lane-helena_-azur_lane-j

And if they tease Javelin with Ayanami well, there's a lot to do in Azur lane

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

If they really removed the self insert captain from Azur lane, Kaga is not the only one with potential for yuri

I mean, I assumed that there was a fair bit in the game, but Kaga's feelings for Akagi was the only yuri I noticed in the anime so far

And I guess the best and most prominent would be Cleveland (who's super cool and I love her too) who you already saw taking a lot of screen time in the anime and she pretty much comes in combo with Helena

Oh, that's neat. Cleveland was the best part of episode 1. But is Helena even in the anime...?

In further news, the Black Fox movie is pretty decent, and you can definitely read yuri into it

To reply you must either login or sign up.