Forum › Anime season

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

why not just stop the granbelm war instead?

DId you understand the last episode ? The granbelm war keep going going because the Magiaconatus don't find anyone worthy ofbeing the Princeps and so let Shoushui win because of the promise he made to her. Now it seem the Magiaconatus found Shingetsu worthy of that title so it make it work so she can win, even creating Mangetsuto help her. You do realise that once she win,the Granbelm is over ? Unless the Magiaconatus lie and will continue it regardless of Shingetsu win. Delete all magic sound radical but i think it's the better choice, Anna shouldn't had suffer the weight of her bloodline, Nene shouldn't had her mother forgetting about her and Kuon shouldn't had her sister cursed.I know deleting all magic mean Mangetsu had to die because she is a doll made by magic and Shingetsu's feelings but it's a small price to pay to get rid of all the suffering the magic caused. I never found this point stupid because it make sense in the context. Altought i understand the first point so i can't really come with an explanation for that.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

We also don't know what's actually going to happen yet. Maybe Shingetsu will figure out some way to let magic survive without all the fucked up shit currently involved

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

adamatari posted:

I agree, but I do like how aggressive she got.

Oh yea. Don't get me wrong. While there definitely wasn't enough of her, what was there, I liked a lot. It's just that through entire show she got barely any focus and we got at best hints that she's attracted to Niina, so when in episode 11 we finally got confirmation and confession, I was hyped to see how it'll play out in episode 12, but then episode ended with the whole suspension thing which totally sidetracked from it and I was afraid we won't get any conclusion to it. That's why I was surprised that despite all the last second drama, it still got addressed. In fact you could say the reason why she got so angry was because she got fed up with how show was ignoring her so far and refused to be pushed into background again. That being said, what was there still didn't feel like good enough pay off to me. We never got a proper reply from Niina and Momoko sorta given up on her, though that wasn't clear. At least show didn't back off with her concluding she was just confused and it wasn't love. But still it ended with her "not being sure 1 way or another", which is something that show should be exploring alongside all other characters and give us a proper answer like with everyone else, but that'd be too gay I guess. Next kinda wasted opportunity, I really wanted to see Niina's reaction to Momoko's confession after she made that comment how "you can't have sex with a friend". I thought that'll be finally a big moment for Momoko where she would tell Niina in the face "you can have sex with me, so let's stay friends" or something. But not only she confessed over the phone and hang up when Niina.exe stopped working, it actually pushed Niina into confessing to Izumi.

The opposite of the "useless" trope, which actually kinda works in regards to Nina who is kind of a bottom? She wants to be wanted, well, got someone who sure wants to push her down and have her way with her.

Yea. They probably could work together quite well.

The end scene was vague but suggestive, so I guess that's something. It does make me want to read the manga and see where things went and if there was more after that.

Same, though now I'm not sure if there is more of the manga. I checked MAL before and it said manga is ongoing, so I thought anime will end with promise of maybe season 2, but the way it ended felt pretty conclusive, so I'm not sure if the post credit scene was made up by anime, it's taken from later part of the manga or that's how manga ends.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And Granbelm will come sooner than expected, well one day sooner but still https://www.reddit.com/r/Granbelm/comments/d7860x/granbelm_episode_13_will_air_on_thursday_instead/

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

why not just stop the granbelm war instead?

DId you understand the last episode ? The granbelm war keep going going because the Magiaconatus don't find anyone worthy ofbeing the Princeps and so let Shoushui win because of the promise he made to her. Now it seem the Magiaconatus found Shingetsu worthy of that title so it make it work so she can win, even creating Mangetsuto help her. You do realise that once she win,the Granbelm is over ? Unless the Magiaconatus lie and will continue it regardless of Shingetsu win. Delete all magic sound radical but i think it's the better choice, Anna shouldn't had suffer the weight of her bloodline, Nene shouldn't had her mother forgetting about her and Kuon shouldn't had her sister cursed.I know deleting all magic mean Mangetsu had to die because she is a doll made by magic and Shingetsu's feelings but it's a small price to pay to get rid of all the suffering the magic caused. I never found this point stupid because it make sense in the context. Altought i understand the first point so i can't really come with an explanation for that.

Ah right, what you said is correct, there's no need for another war once the worthy one is found... then, if she wins there won't be any more family sacrifices to get the best mage to fight a war that's over... If Shingetsu wins and owns access to all the magic, she could literally bring back the people who suddenly disappeared.., make new rules, or limit it's use... What I mean is that there can be a world with magic without a war to get children (idk why they had to be children but that's japan so whatever) to fight each other to be the supreme one.

She's probably thinking "I don't want things like that to happen again" but things like that happen all the time around the world with or without magic, girls forced to do something for their family, broken families, jealousy, people killing each other for puny things but because of the war and because she had a ridiculous amount of magic to begin with she grew hating it, because as the meme says No one should have that much power but that's the thing... No one except her does! as the Chinese team said, disappearing a person from the world requires a ridiculous amount of magic... No human could do that.

In short, this anime is made to make magic look horrible and twisted as if absolutely nothing good comes from it and the best thing is to get ride of it forever as if is something not from this world and normal is best...Ugghhh, hate that!

This comment was made by an User that is 100% not a Witch and is absolutely not taking this like a personal attack and discrimination.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Kimetsu no Yaiba's adaptation is so good. I mean the design is breathtaking, they've made a great job for picking the VAs, the ost are on point (I mean Yuki Kajiura worked on them ;-;), the characters are endearing and funny (just Nezuko is enough to make anyone fall in love with the anime), the story is interesting without being cliché and the animation are so well done that it makes me cry. I wish there were more shonen/nekketsu like KnY and more male main character like Tanjirô.

last edited at Sep 21, 2019 5:20PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

What I mean is that there can be a world with magic without a war to get children (idk why they had to be children but that's japan so whatever) to fight each other to be the supreme one.

Yeah but nobody is certain that Magiaconatus will not held another Granbelm even if Shingetsu win it. What will happen if the Magia decide to start another Hunger Game ? Erasing all magic is radical yes but that might be the only solution to this mess.

She could literally bring back the people who suddenly disappeared.., make new rules, or limit it's use...

She had only one wish you know. It's not she will become God all of a sudden. Princeps might be just the title for the winner.

In short, this anime is made to make magic look horrible and twisted as if absolutely nothing good comes from

Tbf nothing good as come from magic in the anime. It's horrible and twisted but that's realistic. It's an utopia to think that all peoples will use magic for the good of this world.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Kimetsu no Yaiba's adaptation is so good. I mean the design is breathtaking, they've made a great job for picking the VAs, the ost are on point (I mean Yuki Kajiura worked on them ;-;), the characters are endearing and funny (just Nezuko is enough to make anyone fall in love with the anime), the story is interesting without being cliché and the animation are so well done that it makes me cry. I wish there were more shonen/nekketsu like KnY and more male main character like Tanjirô.

That's the power of Ufotable. At this point they just can't go wrong.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

In short, this anime is made to make magic look horrible and twisted as if absolutely nothing good comes from

Tbf nothing good as come from magic in the anime. It's horrible and twisted but that's realistic. It's an utopia to think that all peoples will use magic for the good of this world.

Of course, because the world is full of bad people but there are good people too... That's ultimately my point, magic is not good or bad. But the decision is being made by someone who was always alone and lived her life experiencing the worst of people, she finally has a "friend" but she doesn't contradict her decision, in fact from the start she says "I will support everything you do" and on the other hand the enemy is like a one dimensional villain who not only enjoys making people feel horrible for some reason, she doesn't have a desire, she just wants to win and then what? who knows... well, probably nothing good....ANYWAY I'm not asking for much, all I want is a happy or satisfying ending, not just avoiding a bad ending.

BugDevil posted:

They also picked an It can't go wrong kind of manga too, also yes if we can expect future lead characters like Tanjirou or Deku (or ....well maybe mostly like Tanjirou) who think before they act and don't try to be edgy or mega idiotic cough*black clover*cough then the future of anime might be in good hands, this is a nice new trend in shonen... don't make your MC stupid!

Dr Stone is also great! I believe this anime should be aired in all the nations of the world.

You know who is not doing a very good job? the author of Naruto with his new work Samurai 8... I almost feel bad for him, everyone was very excited but now that the manga is out, the people left reading are like "maybe it will get better after a while" I've skipped chapters and the ones I've read was by jumping through the pages.

last edited at Sep 21, 2019 8:33PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

this is a nice new trend in shonen... don't make your MC stupid!

Or do it but like Chainsawman does it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lilliwyt posted:

this is a nice new trend in shonen... don't make your MC stupid!

Or do it but like Chainsawman does it.

Ch38 was the best!!
yeah in an insane world like that, it's fine xP

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

They also picked an It can't go wrong kind of manga too, also yes if we can expect future lead characters like Tanjirou or Deku (or ....well maybe mostly like Tanjirou) who think before they act and don't try to be edgy or mega idiotic cough*black clover*cough then the future of anime might be in good hands, this is a nice new trend in shonen... don't make your MC stupid!

Ufotable made Tales of Zestiria not suck. That's more than enough proof that anything they touch gets elevated.

Well it's kind of funny, there were always smart MCs in Shounen stories, but the dumb ones get more popular. Basic notions like courage, friendship and hard work despite not being gifted are the banners of Shounen Jump. It's more directly impressive when the MC isn't super smart, but overcomes the hurdles through emotional outbursts and sheer willpower.
Smart MCs seem more adult, disassociating the teen audience. They are also harder to write. I always think there are only a couple of ways to write a truly smart character:
1. Write the story around them so that they are smart because they figure things out that you already thought up. They aren't actually "smart", the author just allows them to know more than they should be able to.
2. Just say they are smart and don't explain shit. They can just vaguely do super smart things (like building robots or hack shit, even though its never shown how they do it).
3. The author actually knows their shit on a certain topic and revolves their entire manga around that, so he is able to actually give the MC smart moments, because the author can in fact explain the concepts intelligently themselves.

You can''t have an all around believable smart MC, because no author is actually a genius themselves. Someone who has a high IQ and can write smart scenarios around every conceivable topic doesn't exist. So we have a choice between caricatures of intelligent MCs or dumb, but relatable MCs.

last edited at Sep 22, 2019 3:51AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ah but the kind of smart I'm talking is not the super intelligent, is those who don't don't just charge in front hoping that their fist will connect because they believe in their friends and that's all they need, if you see Tanjirou fighting he will constantly repeat in his mind "calm down calm down, think, think there has to be a way!!" and in the moment where he was scared and needed courage against the demon with drums he got super hyped by motivating himself but woops! he still couldn't kill the demon because not being afraid and believing you can do it doesn't mean you CAN actually do it without a plan.... Unlike fairy tail for example (which I dropped) where all you need is guts and the fire or magic will do the rest for you, and they repeated this formula for over 300+ episodes!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannyyyyyyyyyyyway Where I came here to say was that... They made a life size 1:1 figure of Mangetsu! I found out in ANN but there's only this small picture

But think about that... A Big doll of Mangetsu, that's sick humor imo who would want that in their house, at least make the mecha instead....

last edited at Sep 22, 2019 9:35PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Welp! sounds expensive but I guess they're not made for your average otaku anyway and the people who can afford it don't mind the price..... But a lottery? that's a little too much! sounds like EA haha.

Regardless, I'm still thinking about the irony of making life size dolls of THIS anime.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Totally not gay at all. Now i had to wait for the chapters to cover the anime and go beyond it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I took a screenshot of that part as well XDDD
Speaking of going "beyond"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

@Serenata
Oh I noticed her too. I was not sure, because she was only on screen for a second, but I saw a wolf(?) girl in Machikado fanart before, so I recognized her!

That part on the hill sure did sound like a proposal haha. Becoming a "vassal" actually doesn't sound too different from a marriage at all.

Either way, Momo totally thought Shamiko invited her on a date. That outfit was unusually cute for her.

@Lilliwyt
It's at chapter 22 at this point, so that's not too far off at least.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 3:37PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Either way, Momo totally thought Shamiko invited her on a date. That outfit was unusually cute for her.

I suspect that the dress belong to Mikan.

It's at chapter 22 at this points, so that's not too far off at least.

Yeah, i'm happy someone pick it up.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I don't think so. It's very similar in style to her battle form. I think Momo was very into cute things but just happened to grow up into a tall musclehead. I'm not sure but I think she might have shown up with that sort of dress before.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't think so. It's very similar in style to her battle form. I think Momo was very into cute things but just happened to grow up into a tall musclehead. I'm not sure but I think she might have shown up with that sort of dress before.

Dunno, the dress seem to have Mikan color scheme (orange/green) and not Momo's one (pink/white)

On another note, Granbelm final was fine till the last part. Shingetsu ended in a limbo where nobody can aknowledge her and nobody remind her at all. Anna and Kuon still dead. At least Mangetsu get a real body. Kinda ironic that Mangetsu was willing to sacrifice herself for Shingestu and in the end it's the opposite who happen.Even if it doesn't make sense that Mangetsu get revive and not Anna and Kuon.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I took a screenshot of that part as well

Just a screenshot? That's my new wallpaper for the rest of the year, along with this being anime of the year, easily.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Machikado Mazoku

That was pretty gay, yes. Awkward place to stop, but at least the manga is pretty close

On another note, Granbelm final was fine till the last part. Shingetsu ended in a limbo where nobody can aknowledge her and nobody remind her at all. Anna and Kuon still dead. At least Mangetsu get a real body. Kinda ironic that Mangetsu was willing to sacrifice herself for Shingestu and in the end it's the opposite who happen.Even if it doesn't make sense that Mangetsu get revive and not Anna and Kuon.

Well, they didn't actually show who that was at the end. The obvious answer is indeed Mangetsu, but that doesn't really make sense. Either way, I don't think the show focused on it's themes enough to pull off that kind of ending. I liked the show but I feel like this ended up being one of the weaker episodes

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I said it before, I can't be happy with Granbelm "final lesson" because it's been done to death through many films, video games and manga/comic "This power is too much so is better to seal forever, humans are weak and stupid but we can learn step by step!" they even do it with "sealed techniques" or "forbidden technology" so I guess I was expecting something more unique... I think Madoka did it right and they both self sacrificed.

To be brutally honest I would've been really upset if Shingetsu lives a normal happy life after the "sin" of literally negating the existence of so many people and the events that they went through and you'll see her with a smile reading a book in her room like "aah so peaceful"... Does that feels fair?

EpicYarnBoy posted:

The granbelm thing about removing magic wasn't because people were using magic for evil, it was because magic was manipulating them into being evil

If that were the case then people from the old times wouldn't have been able to seal it away, it was just the depravity of some people that forced another group to seal it for everyone.... Ah but there were many things that didn't make sense like they said that humans created magic and it wasn't good but then the "referee" says that magic has been around beyond the thousands of year, and the fact that if she removes magic I thought it would just be gone but then they say that it would be like it never existed in the first place and yet for convenience the families of mages are still around and happy going to school and looks like history itself didn't change... Like, they didn't want to deal with the aftermath of such a titanic change to the world/space/time.

On the final note ... When Shingetsu was questioning her own existence at the start of ep13 and why Magia was favoring her even though it was obvious that she had the least favorable desire for magic itself I really thought we would get a final revelation that would blow our minds ... But at the end it was more like "lol I thought she wouldn't do it!" and so magic is dead forever and ever THE END... I guess, is my fault for expecting too much when I could've just watched madoka again.

PS: All this can be easily forgotten because Machikaou did a great job, it was romantic, funny and beautiful... Is an anime about mahou shoujo and evil and we didn't even get a single fight! and it was still great! so that makes me happy... Dunno if we can get a s2 but if New game did it, then why not this one u.u

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 1:41AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Here a better shot at Momo's dress. I really think it's one of Mikan's. Color wise it match more the color's theme of Mikan than the color's theme of Momo

Edit : Also found this excellent thread on Redditabout how you shouldwatch Machikado Mazoku : https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/d7c13n/wt_ganbare_shamiko_why_you_should_be_watching/

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 7:00AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Edit : Also found this excellent thread on Redditabout how you shouldwatch Machikado Mazoku : https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/d7c13n/wt_ganbare_shamiko_why_you_should_be_watching/

I never realized that Shamiko's memory of how Momo saved her in episode 1 was so distorted. That's a really fun detail and makes our peach colored magical girl seem even more gallant to her (as if the Opening didn't already portray her as some sort of savior).

To reply you must either login or sign up.