Forum › Ephemeral Asterism discussion

Luci%20skyline%20(icon%20200)
joined Feb 28, 2013

Wait... did I just see a love triangle resolve itself into polyamory, by the girl who completely and totally seemed (on the outside) to be the kid of the group?

With that confusion out of the way, I love Amagakure's ability to convey emotion in her art, the smiles, the pouts, the crying, all feel so sincere.

joined Feb 11, 2014

I think its too vague to conclude for sure it resolved into Polyamory, although that can be a legitimate interpretation of the ending...

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

This one shot come in time. I just need a reason to cry

Elmo
joined Jan 23, 2014

With that confusion out of the way, I love Amagakure's ability to convey emotion in her art, the smiles, the pouts, the crying, all feel so sincere.

I agree, that's why I always look forward to her works. I like how they affect me.

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

Threesome is always the best solution. Always.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Threesome ending! Far too rare a resolution for love triangles

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Nothing beats Two and Two tho...
(http://dynasty-scans.com/series/two_and_two)

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

I kind of really wanted Mitsumi and Choko to end up together but threesomes are cool too.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

3P! 3P!

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Nothing beats Two and Two tho...
(http://dynasty-scans.com/series/two_and_two)

^
I totally agree with you. :3

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

threesomes rarely if ever work out. that was a neat and tidy ending. It might be interesting to read a follow-up, but I can guess what the result would be, more angst with no signs of resolution in sight :-(

joined Apr 14, 2013

Cute

joined Apr 13, 2012

Not my kind of ending but cute nonetheless, this author's stuff usually hits the right spot!

last edited at Jul 21, 2014 2:52AM

joined Jun 5, 2014

i don't mind love triangle . .

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Cute read. I really like how Mitsumi was drawn.

joined Feb 6, 2013

threesomes rarely if ever work out.

I dunno about that. It seems easy to say, but... lets be realistic. twosomes seem to rarely work out as well, so what criteria makes threesomes worse than twosomes?

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

it hurtssssss sooooo much TT_TT

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I dunno about that. It seems easy to say, but... lets be realistic. twosomes seem to rarely work out as well, so what criteria makes threesomes worse than twosomes?

Because then you have even more attrition mixed in, its hard enough to manage one relationship but managing 2 at the same time is damn near impossible, that and it only works if there is mutual love between all parties which..........yeah that rarely works/is true.........ever

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

A big part of it is social pressure as well. Twosomes are considered "normal" so there are a lot of messages saying that's the only possibility. And no shortage of people saying "threesomes rarely if ever work out" as well. Self-fulfilling prophecy.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

while I am not going to judge threesomes where there are mutual feelings.... i will say this:

there were absolutely no mutual feelings whatsoever in this manga. in the end the only thing the resolution did was draw out the pain and suffering of all parties involved. take it a step further and say that each party wanted to go farther with their crush. sex with a random person that you might consider a friend (i say might because there is some doubt in my mind involving hana) while you know you love someone else. so in order to maintain your current situation you sell yourself (not literally, but emotionally) and you get even more hurt. then comes the fact that if this situation can be extrapolated to all couplings in the relationship, your crush is also having meaningless sex, getting emotional damaged and used, by you!!!

now, does anyone still think this is a conclusive, satisfying ending???

last edited at Jul 21, 2014 9:09PM

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

for me this is another case wherein everyone gets to be friend zoned with consent. well, the eternal quest for the holy grail continues. good luck to them

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

People are taking this awfully seriously, aren't they?

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

not 3some. They're in a truce.
open ending for me.
crack sound of my teeth breaking.
T___T

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Heck yeah this is cute as butts! Ultimately, this kind of optimistic yuri can be used as escapism, so if you want to view it as polyamory, friendship, or a story that will continue on with all parties being happy, don't let anybody tell you you're wrong!

And if you're cynical, you can imagine that they go on to a life full of angst and unresolved feelings and that's fine, too.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

^ yeah and one of the thing I have is I could go on roller coaster of imaginary scenes about post ending of stories like this. Emotional roller coaster whyy :(( all kinds of routes my brain could pick up on ~ v~
Instant favorite for this anw. Love the art. ♥

To reply you must either login or sign up.