Forum › Tenbin wa Hana to Asobu discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Wow, the author REALLY dropped the ball at the end there. How unfortunate. It was actually rather interesting up until the end.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

What the hell, that's the end? This series has great build up, and amazing concept, deals with gender identities of homosexuals in a really interesting way, and then it just... no resolution? It's boggling. I felt it could've been great, but maybe the author just lost interest.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

RoyceAxle posted:

I felt it could've been great, but maybe the author just lost interest.

It was cancelled. Authors usually don't lose interest in their work, rather people do and when something is not popular there is no point making more of it. It's not easy to be mangaka in Japan.

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 12:25AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I personally don't mind if Shuu ended up picking male as her preferred gender to be with Youko because it IS true that it'd be easier to live as a heterosexual couple, but it sucks that they never gave any confirmation on what she does end up choosing and where Youko's feelings lie.

If it had continued, I think my ideal situation would be for the two to confess their feelings for each other, Shuu confides in potentially becoming male to be with Youko, Youko tells Shuu to not pick the gender for her, but for Shuu herself, then Shuu chooses female because I honestly think Shuu identifies as a female more than a male from what we've seen so far. If Shuu did end up picking male, I wouldn't mind as long as it's done well.

Too bad we'll never know. It was an entertaining read for what it was anyway even though it seriously fizzled at the end.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This was actually a very good series. I'm sad it was cancelled. I liked the characters, the concept, the dynamic between Youko and Shuu. Also one of the few yuri mangas I've seen that doesn't devolve into pure angst or have a focus on building sexual tension at the expense of all else. Wish it could be revived, or the mangaka could talk about what their future plans for the story were.

joined Feb 14, 2018

Here's what I imagine following the final chapter...

Shuu confesses to Youko and tells her she'll become a male to be with her. And then Youko says... "But I'm a lesbian; If you want to win me, you'd better become a female! That's why I've been pushing my blood on you after all."

Yuri goggles at warp factor 9.5 (I'll see myself out now.)

May I ask you which manga your avatar comes from?

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

Shuu will be a girl anyway, cause she can't resist the temptation. The story had been cut off but i stills enjoy it to the end. ^^

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Misora was the best character simply because she wasn't forced into some dumb family drama or personal life choice drama.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Misora was the best character simply because she wasn't forced into some dumb family drama or personal life choice drama.

but she cockblocked the confession (can you say that in yuri? well pardon me), so that gets some negative points.

joined Jul 20, 2011

Seriously, this is half a manga. It's a pity the rest was never written.

but [Misora] cockblocked the confession (can you say that in yuri? well pardon me)

I think the term you're looking for is clam jam.

joined Feb 28, 2017

What the heck?!! That ending sucked.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

sigh, I can't believe I wasted an hour reading this, I could've been doing homework. It's a shame since the story and art was pretty interesting too

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Damn that was a shitty end to a pretty damn good manga. Like, she clearly is a woman, regardless of the physical characteristics she takes on, she's clearly most comfortable being a woman. And she's interested in a girl who likes her as a girl. And the fiance thing is never resolved, nor an actual confession, nor anything.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I was going to make a joke about how the vampire syndrome turns them gay, but the ending was so disappointing that I don't even find it funny anymore...

Like, I get that it was cancelled, but the author could have done a much better job. I've seen other manga that were also obviously cancelled give a much more satisfying —even if a bit rushed— conclusion. This just wasn't a conclusion at all.

Why add the whole fiancé thing if you don't have the time to do anything with it? Also, instead of the brother telling her that it will be easier for her to become male, we could have gotten a conversation (either with the brother or Youko herself) about how she should choose what she feels more comfortable with, without either choice meaning that she can or cannot be with the one she loves.

last edited at May 24, 2021 6:46AM

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

I liked the story but the ending really sucked, shuu really looks like a female but chose to be a male? well, forget that idc if she becomes a man but ill just stay disappointed, not that i hate shiu becoming a man but its just that the yuri moments between shuu x youko was the best one.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

I'm still really sad with how this ended. Really shows how we need to support artists so that amazing stories like this don't get cancelled.

joined Oct 25, 2010

I think it’s a very clever twist on vampire stories! Youko and Shu will always be together and love and happiness will be there forever for them!

last edited at Jan 28, 2024 6:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.