Forum › Holy Girl Paradigm discussion

joined Feb 28, 2014

This is one her best series. I like how there are a ton of side couples.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

man it sucks having to waits 3 months for every chapter. I really like this story

Trannosaurus
Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

This manga is way too cute.

I love how the author is slowly pushing (with lots of cuteness involved!) their relationship with every new chapter. It makes me so excited for when they discover their feelings about each other. I just hope it isn't anti-climatic/rushed. :(

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I just hope it isn't anti-climatic/rushed. :(

Morishima's stuff is usually well paced. I would not worry about that.

Cute chapter :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That "end" at the end scared the hell out of me.
This can't finish, this must remain like Yotsubato and berserk.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just FYI, on page 21 that should be "Rei and I looked her up." There's an extra "her" in there.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/holy_girl_paradigm_ch04#21

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

So cute...that is the reason why Morishima Akiko is my fav.

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

downgrades my opinion of an author when i see it used :/

Because of anecdotal evidence you collected in NW Bumblefuck, USA? Yeah, I'm sure that's an accurate assessment of how 300 million people behave and justifies judging an author's writing when you yourself can't even manage proper capitalization. Grow up.

Now now, no need to judge a person's personal experiences. They are the epitome of what shapes their view of the world after all.

lol yes, i read/write and expect all posts on a website forum to be college thesis quality. good job. lol. anyways, in general, NOT to say that the US is the be all of america (i in fact quite detest a great deal of things in this country), but when someone says i grew up in america, they usually mean the US. if it was in brazil, or canada, or fucking hell, they usually specify. and that's just from what i've seen and heard so forgive me for not talking to every single person in the world. add on to the fact that a lot of stories that do say this, have something else specifying it to the US. OR, the fact that people in US call themselves americans, while those from other countries on this continent call themselves what have you, so that when someone says america it again means more specifically the US. and i know some areas do do it, but speaking in a broader sense of the country as a whole. if it was really a US culture thing, i think it'd be part of our media, like you see in brittish shows on bbc doing it all the time, or in any number of their movies i've also watched, yet it's rare i see it on anything made and shown here. if it's a cultural thing, you can't help but put it in your media, because for you, that's simply the way things are done.

the author COULD HAVE (enjoy those caps) happened to visit a town (if she even did) when in the US that actually did kiss on the cheek but, i find that doubtful. if it was for business, then chances are they visited a big city, to have been brought here all the way from japan for it. if it was for pleasure, then it would have been a tourist trap, which again, small chance of it being a big kissy town considering those are all about sucking as much money out of any tourists as they can. before anyone frills up or puffs out, these are just assumptions off of educated guesses based on my own personal experiences, but i think they come close to the truth.

just out of curiosity, for those of you who are not in america wherever, when you DO hear the name america what pops first in your mind? the united states? or the continent as a whole? and for those of you in the US that DO kiss on cheek, do you live in a big city or small town? is it just your family that does it, or everyone you know?

but to be more on topic i just still have not seen a lot from this series that makes it unique.

1601027_795818500441432_7671980177939230942_n
joined Apr 14, 2014

for those of you who are not in america wherever, when you DO hear the name america what pops first in your mind? the united states? or the continent as a whole?

America = US.

joined Mar 12, 2014

I like Morishima's art and all but one thing that seems a bit off for me is how she draws the arms (IMO). They look a bit curvy...like snake sometimes lolxD
Anyone notice that?

But it's getting a bit better now

last edited at Jul 6, 2014 11:58AM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I just love the side couples!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

for those of you who are not in america wherever, when you DO hear the name america what pops first in your mind? the united states? or the continent as a whole?

America = US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29g57XTYgLE

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

America = US.

This was written for the people of Japan. So we should ask how the Japanese see it. Note: I'VE NEVER BEEN TO JAPAN, so this is all from what I've read and watched, as well as studying the Japanese language.

In Japan, "America" (the English word, not the Japanese word "Beikoku") seems to be a synonym for the USA. Also in Japan, there is a stereotype that foreigners in general, and "American's" in particular commonly kiss as a form of greeting. So it seems to me that at worst, Morishima-sensei is just playing along with that stereotype, which most of her target audience holds.

In their favor, people of all countries (not just Japan) often have inaccurate stereotypes of other countries.

Edit: My opinion is that Morishima just needed a pretext to have her kiss without liking girls.

last edited at Jul 6, 2014 7:59PM

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

downgrades my opinion of an author when i see it used :/

Because of anecdotal evidence you collected in NW Bumblefuck, USA? Yeah, I'm sure that's an accurate assessment of how 300 million people behave and justifies judging an author's writing when you yourself can't even manage proper capitalization. Grow up.

Now now, no need to judge a person's personal experiences. They are the epitome of what shapes their view of the world after all.

lol yes, i read/write and expect all posts on a website forum to be college thesis quality. good job. lol. anyways, in general, NOT to say that the US is the be all of america (i in fact quite detest a great deal of things in this country), but when someone says i grew up in america, they usually mean the US. if it was in brazil, or canada, or fucking hell, they usually specify. and that's just from what i've seen and heard so forgive me for not talking to every single person in the world. add on to the fact that a lot of stories that do say this, have something else specifying it to the US. OR, the fact that people in US call themselves americans, while those from other countries on this continent call themselves what have you, so that when someone says america it again means more specifically the US. and i know some areas do do it, but speaking in a broader sense of the country as a whole. if it was really a US culture thing, i think it'd be part of our media, like you see in brittish shows on bbc doing it all the time, or in any number of their movies i've also watched, yet it's rare i see it on anything made and shown here. if it's a cultural thing, you can't help but put it in your media, because for you, that's simply the way things are done.

the author COULD HAVE (enjoy those caps) happened to visit a town (if she even did) when in the US that actually did kiss on the cheek but, i find that doubtful. if it was for business, then chances are they visited a big city, to have been brought here all the way from japan for it. if it was for pleasure, then it would have been a tourist trap, which again, small chance of it being a big kissy town considering those are all about sucking as much money out of any tourists as they can. before anyone frills up or puffs out, these are just assumptions off of educated guesses based on my own personal experiences, but i think they come close to the truth.

just out of curiosity, for those of you who are not in america wherever, when you DO hear the name america what pops first in your mind? the united states? or the continent as a whole? and for those of you in the US that DO kiss on cheek, do you live in a big city or small town? is it just your family that does it, or everyone you know?

but to be more on topic i just still have not seen a lot from this series that makes it unique.

y'all need to turn down about this

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

as always! it's awesome!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ah, good old abuse of the goody-two-shoes image. This was soo easy to do in my High School, too.

Also, I love how Aoi can't even imagine how falling in love is like.

last edited at Jul 9, 2014 3:28AM

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Another chapter of Holy Girl Paradigm! Yayifications!!
I love this series.
For someone who can't even imagine how falling in love is like, Aoi is way too good in seducing Rin. Way to go, Aoi!!!

Sticker,375x360-9
joined Jun 21, 2013

grinning like an idiot The time has come...
Well, ain't that beautiful? I really like the side couple, their senpai sure is cool.

" I like yuri only as a genre!" :)

thisss

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Wow... Aoi's innocence is blinding. I almost pity Riri because she's going to have to work through her own feelings and getting Aoi to acknowledge and understand the whole concept of love.

I love how Morishima takes all the tropes of Yuri and makes them comedy fodder and character development fodder at the same time.

I hope the YP continues that one. It seems it's finished in Japan (1 Volume) ?

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Chapter 5 will probably need an incest tag

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Oh man, that page 100 reveal.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Wow...hope regular updates aee gonna happen...when I saw posts from july I was all wait a sec...hahaha ^_^
Thanks for scantalating!

joined Oct 20, 2013

just out of curiosity, for those of you who are not in america wherever, when you DO hear the name america what pops first in your mind? the united states? or the continent as a whole?

In English I always think the continent. In Japanese always the USA. I am a bit of a geography loser though. (From Aus). Although, a Canadian friend of mine once was asked if he was from somewhere in America and he got offended.

Also, the world needs more people like Riri.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This chapter was well worth the year long wait.

And man, Morishima needs to draw more mature/adult characters. Reika and Yuki are drop-dead gorgeous

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I thought this was actually completed cuz its been so long.

To reply you must either login or sign up.