Forum › Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! discussion

joined Jul 24, 2015

One word for this chapter "BOOBS". Early in the morning and I'm reading this its all about boobs

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Better chapter than later chapters but still in the mediocre side. Oh well.

joined Sep 11, 2014

The comedy is getting tiresome IMO

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

"the shadow game begins" lost it. XD

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

The comedy is getting tiresome IMO

It's not that the comedy is bad, it's that we're far past the point where character development should have been kicking in. The dynamics haven't changed since chapter 3, despite almost every chapter seeming to end on a note of progress regarding Akina's feelings and understanding of otaku culture. Something should have happened by now to keep us invested in their story, and instead every new issue stagnates a little more.

Like, Akina has been confused and unsure of her attraction to Keade for over 30 chapters now, and hasn't figured them out yet, and this is after dream Keade literally seduced her. That's just bad writing, and I'm beginning to lose hope this series will ever see a conclusion, simply because they don't seem to have any intention of moving past the basic premise.

C'mon, Saku Saku Tei, you used to be one of my favorite circles!

last edited at Jun 20, 2016 5:57PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The comedy of this series rests entirely on Akina not realizing she's really an otaku or super gay, and I really doubt the author's given any thought to changing that. So if she does accept either of those things (or both), that'll likely be the end of the series. Which is disappointing in the extreme, since this series has tonnes of potential to be amazing.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The comedy of this series rests entirely on Akina not realizing she's really an otaku or super gay, and I really doubt the author's given any thought to changing that. So if she does accept either of those things (or both), that'll likely be the end of the series. Which is disappointing in the extreme, since this series has tonnes of potential to be amazing.

But it stopped being funny about 10 chapters ago, this manga is the equivalent of that one guy that comes into work and tells a funny joke, then he comes in and tells the same joke for the next year nonstop, after a while everybody is gonna stop listening.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I've found that the funniest chapters are those that have both sides of Akina's social circle meet and interact. The ones entirely focused on Akina are by far the worst ones.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

cmon by now we couldve at least get a reasonable pocky game. I was kinda alrght accepting the slow buildup, but theres nothing building, its like she resets on each chapters start.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I'm glad i"m not the only one. Not that I'm trashing this series or anything but I was REALLY excited for the first dozen or so chapters for this series. However, it feels like it became less witty and more just cashing in on tropes. I got a sense of bitterness from the mangaka when they kept talking about cliches being overtly used. I don't know. I've since dropped the series out of my subscribed list like 2 chapters ago. Padding the series with so many extra characters, and the development of the brother's popularity (?!?!?) made me lose all excitement.

I think what would get me back into this is if Kaede started to notice and approach Akina for whatever reason (Liking her back, wondering why she's acting so weird, being curious about her past, etc...). For now it just feels like this whole series is someone pining over a cat in a pet store window. Lots of innocent, innocuous contact, but never any progress.

Oh well.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Let them fuck or kiss already

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Akira_YL posted:

cmon by now we couldve at least get a reasonable pocky game. I was kinda alrght accepting the slow buildup, but theres nothing building, its like she resets on each chapters start.

It pains me when I see comments like this in the last pages because I used to like this a lot (just check the first page of the disccussion with the old me) but now and maybe until it ends like Nez said (and let's hope is not a rushed ending because the mangaka doesn't know when enough is enough), there's nothing new to find here.... You can literally skip this chapter and I know that won't make a difference.

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

It does seem to have stalled and the new characters introduced into the mix have just spun things off to a weird place. I thought it was building to Kaede figuring things out...I do hope it pulls out of the stall; it has some bright moments.

joined Sep 11, 2014

What some of us feels right now

Official%20beidou%20cropped
joined May 22, 2016

Perhaps after accepting that it's not about plot but her expressive flustered antics will we be less disappointed? Or sort of realize that it's not very interesting and we're really just reading to hopefully see something canonly recognized as gay happen.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

fixed'd version uploaded

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Moe-chan sure deserve her name. <3

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Here's to hoping this actually advances the plot...

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Here's to hoping this actually advances the plot...

The vainest of hopes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Even the guys translating are noticing how this manga needs to change! Btw, Thanks for translating.
It wasn't an autoconclusive episode so I guess that's an improvement ...?

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

I've heard of the series Sora no Otoshimono ("Heaven's Lost Property"). Is there something outstanding about that series in connection to this, or is the chapter title and that line Akina dropped about Moe just a random, or even unintentional, reference?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinozaki_san_ki_wo_ota_shika_ni_ch37#20 top left "find Kanada goods"

joined Jul 22, 2014

Really wish people bug the publishers to release it in English.

Avatar1457667_10200109529819755_1695728463_n
joined Mar 15, 2016

I was honestly ready to jump on the disappointment train, but this chapter has enough promise that I'm going to withhold that and also scream because seriously this angel that is Moe.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Why was Moe poking Shinozaki with a paint roller on page 17?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Why was Moe poking Shinozaki with a paint roller on page 17?

I think that's a lint remover; they're cleaning themselves off after getting covered in pussy kittens.

To reply you must either login or sign up.