Forum › Wanna Skip School in the Infirmary? discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It looks like Aoto Hibiki-sensei is to Age gap as Zanka is to Maid and Itou Hachi is to OneeLoli.

Also, I am getting strong vibes of ADHS and of newborn sibling-induced parental neglect from Miyake. I wonder if the story will explore it further...

last edited at Sep 7, 2024 5:26AM

joined Jan 14, 2020

ADHS?

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

ADHS?

Maybe ADHD, just a different acronym?

last edited at Sep 7, 2024 2:24PM

Screenshot%202024-08-04%20044759
joined Jun 21, 2021

ADHS?

Indeed. That's the acronym we use in German. Bc Disorder = Störung.

last edited at Sep 7, 2024 3:04PM

543633_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

ADHS?

Indeed. That's the acronym we use in German. Bc Disorder = Störung.

Here, (the states) it seems some people refer to it as a syndrome as well--so there's that "S," too.

last edited at Sep 7, 2024 5:02PM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

ADHS?

Yup. :-) My interpretation is based on page 6, where Miyake says she's always been bad at doing things well and had to work thrice as hard to achieve the same things that other (neurotypical?) kids do. That reminded me of what my friends with ADHD told me about their school life: especially if they weren't diagnosed, they've tended to mask their inability to maintain focus by working extra hard in secret. Almost all of them are also very intelligent and perceptive, so this masking has worked for a while for them, until the effort became too much and they started failing classes. I am wondering whether this will become a plot point for Miyake at some point. On the other hand, it seems that Morikubo has recognized this danger and has been gently steering her away from overworking herself until she collapses (which Miyake misinterprets as affection, as she is starved of it at home).

last edited at Sep 8, 2024 4:01AM

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Even as an ADD (no HD for me) person, I think that tangent is irrelevant. But I do think tis is an excellent story, as measured by becoming actually attached to the characters.

To reply you must either login or sign up.