Forum › Magical Girl 201 discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I want to enjoy this series, but it reminds me uncomfortably of It's Tough Being Neeko, in the sense that it shares that not-in-a-good-way-weird "Let's point fingers and laugh at this incapable adult" sense of humor. There is a potential for an interesting character arc for Shinobu, but I am afraid the author will be more interested in milking the "comedy" from her increasingly depressing life situation for as long as the series lasts before it's axed, then wrap it up with an unsatisfying final chapter -- if it even gets one at all. I will be cautious reading this forward.

EDIT: One thing that gives me hope for this series, is the fact that since the crane game incident, the MG stopped wearing her mask when she is around Shinobu, showing her growing trust towards her. This seems like an indication that this manga may have proper character arcs, instead of being a gag-a-chapter affair like Neeko.

last edited at Jan 12, 2024 10:43AM

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Damn. Mucha's going legit?

joined Dec 17, 2021

I wonder why Mamu seems only interested in Fijuyama. I mean, the other girl from the bondage organization is doing her jobs without interruption.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I wonder why Mamu seems only interested in Fijuyama. I mean, the other girl from the bondage organization is doing her jobs without interruption.

Well obviously, Mamu has attended the Nanoha School of befriending select rivals. She cannot afford to spread her attention too thinly.

joined Dec 17, 2021

Well obviously, Mamu has attended the Nanoha School of befriending select rivals. She cannot afford to spread her attention too thinly.

Well, she didn't get whipped but I guess spanking counts.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

My thinking is that the other girl operates in an area covered by a different magical girl (one weaker than Mamu, presumably).

joined Aug 21, 2017

Canola is just grabbing fistfuls of Fujiyama while they're sumo wrestling huh

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Canola is just grabbing fistfuls of Fujiyama while they're sumo wrestling huh

Oh yeah she was grabbing a lot of ass there lmao

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

well you gotta hold on to something when doing Sumo, and if it's readily available, why not :D

joined Dec 17, 2021

Poor Fujiyama, but Canola showed she's also an idiot for concluding Mamu is not a magical girl for saying the word "poop".

Also, Random Thought: I really like the way the artist drew Fujiyama's tracksuit. It's lewd.

joined May 10, 2021

That sumo butt grab though holyshit...

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Damn. Mucha's going legit?

I was also shocked when I first saw this series on X of Mucha, I thought she was only introducing the manga she drew, but the plot was written by someone else, but I didn't expect she was also the one writing the plot. I guess she's done with drawing H
Also, why didn't Canola check Fujiyama's account after everyone unfollowed her?

joined Mar 4, 2017

I really love this pseudo parent-child relationship they have. I get the feeling that something's up between the kid and her mother. I know her living alone has to do with her being a magic girl, but her being 10 she is likely still very, very attached to her mother and Fuji is likely helping fill that hole in her heart.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I really love this pseudo parent-child relationship they have. I get the feeling that something's up between the kid and her mother. I know her living alone has to do with her being a magic girl, but her being 10 she is likely still very, very attached to her mother and Fuji is likely helping fill that hole in her heart.

Then Fuji should just start dating Mamu's mom. Win-win for everyone.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

the way she holds the neighbor page 13 sure is something.

last edited at Mar 23, 2024 7:30PM

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Chapter 10 has a few scenes that really resemble the H series that the author has drawn, especially with Fujiyama looking very similar to Chizuru-chan (the author's most famous H series), I used to think this was Chzuru-chan in the multiverse until I learned the character's name.
By the way, the 1 dish/1 secret strategy that Fujiyama devised in this chapter is being used in this season's anime. Its name is: Hime-sama "Goumon" no Jikan desu

joined Dec 17, 2021

Chapter 10 has a few scenes that really resemble the H series that the author has drawn, especially with Fujiyama looking very similar to Chizuru-chan (the author's most famous H series), I used to think this was Chzuru-chan in the multiverse until I learned the character's name.
By the way, the 1 dish/1 secret strategy that Fujiyama devised in this chapter is being used in this season's anime. Its name is: Hime-sama "Goumon" no Jikan desu

Amazing, I hadn't made the connection between this series and all the kaihatsu nikki spin-offs. I always find it surprising how different a person's works can be.

joined Jan 18, 2021

I love sexy-Fujiyama a lot! She's so funny, her antics reminds me of Doronjo

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Fish...

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

I'm guessing Mucha has a doujinshi version of this somewhere ..

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'm guessing Mucha has a doujinshi version of this somewhere ..

if there is, it will show up... somewhere.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I'm not getting an onee-loli impression from their interactions so far, I think it's just because Fujiyama gets sexualized and stripped all the time even while interacting with Mamu that some people might be reading into it.

That said, I don't think the manga is defined enough yet that we can really say one way or the other if it's gonna go down that road later, and personally I'm fine with whatever. Fujiyama is outrageously sexy in a disaster kind of way, which isn't super common to see so that's refreshing, and the art is fantastic.

Super glad to see Looking Up To Magical Girls is clearly inspiring similar works, "Mahou Shoujo Parody + BDSM" is a premise rife with potential and I'm curious to see if this one will ever use it to dive into deeper topics like self acceptance and sex-positivity like LUTMG does.

last edited at Apr 12, 2024 8:27AM

joined Dec 17, 2021

I'm not getting an onee-loli impression from their interactions so far, I think it's just because Fujiyama gets sexualized and stripped all the time even while interacting with Mamu that some people might be reading into it.

That said, I don't think the manga is defined enough yet that we can really say one way or the other if it's gonna go down that road later, and personally I'm fine with whatever. Fujiyama is outrageously sexy in a disaster kind of way, which isn't super common to see so that's refreshing, and the art is fantastic.

Super glad to see Looking Up To Magical Girls is clearly inspiring similar works, "Mahou Shoujo Parody + BDSM" is a premise rife with potential and I'm curious to see if this one will ever use it to dive into deeper topics like self acceptance and sex-positivity like LUTMG does.

The onee-loli comes from there being an onee-san and a loli who really care about each other. It is irrelevant if the mangaka decides to make the pairing official, because I can still interpret them as a couple and have fun with that idea on art and/or fic.

Also, I agree. I want more works mixing magical girls and bdsm, though I hope we get one where there's a Sadist magical girl and a Submissive/masochist evil girl and they actually have a romantic relationship.

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

Whoa, 2 artists who specialize in drawing H and the author of Onimai drew a picture to congratulate the publication of volume 1 of this manga, it's truly amazing.
By the way, with congratulatory drawings like this, does the publisher need to invite an artist to draw them? Or if anyone wants to congratulate them, they can just draw them and submit them. If no one draws them, there won't be these congratulatory drawings. Which one is it?

last edited at Apr 20, 2024 11:38AM

Villains
joined May 1, 2015

Incredible selection of guest artists, perfectly appropriate.

Afaik the guest artists are usually friends of the author and they arrange it directly, or coworkers and it gets arranged through the publisher. In this case I'm guessing they know each other through their shared interests.

To reply you must either login or sign up.