Forum › Boyfriend Sometimes Girlfriend discussion

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

I'm surprised people here are saying "wow who cares if everyone finds out about the curse!"

Being shunned by everyone else isn't easy.

Imagine if people knew there is a family around turning men into women. The women would be seen as evil and the men as perverted freaks. Add in the religious supernatural part and its even worse.

I don't know how religious freaks are in Japan but this seems like the recipe to get harrassed NON STOP.

People just want to leave in peace, not be treated as a freak show.

Its obvious why they would keep this hidden. People are scary af when they see something they don't know or don't agree with.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 10:35AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I understand the attitude, but there's only so much hell you can raise exclusively by kissing people to turn them into girls...

I don't know about that. To you it might not seem like a big deal, but conservatives could whip up a pretty crazy moral panic about this. Mashiro might just get lots of volunteers, but she might also be targeted by a harassment and stalking campaign. The actual limitation is that the effect expires pretty quickly, the impacted individuals can't pass on the curse through kissing (as far as we know...), and that Mashiro is a person, not a kissing machine. She would most likely get burned out before the impact of this phenomenon could become national/global.

last edited at Mar 22, 2024 11:22AM

joined Apr 16, 2022

I understand why some people here don't like the new chapter, but while it wasn't executed the best, I think I can see where the author is going with it. The new character's goal seems to be to bring down her family's reputation by making the curse public, in retaliation for the damage the curse has done to her life. Presumably her ex-boyfriend broke up with her because of it, and/or unlike Chihaya she is 100% straight and so the curse effectively makes her unable to have a fulfilling romantic life. So I think the purpose of her character is to provide a contrast to the MCs: while they're still trying to make their relationship work, for others the curse truly is a curse.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm surprised people here are saying "wow who cares if everyone finds out about the curse!"

For me, it's not really about that. Obviously it'd be a big deal (enjoy becoming some sort of science experiment ^^), but I'm willing to bet that wider social/political/... implications will just be ignored anyway. The motivation, means, and goal are just "manga edgyness". It's manufactured character drama, not actually about anything of substance.

And even if it's not, when reading such a quirky romance manga I want to explore those quirky themes through the main characters and their issues. We are just a few chapters in; we barely even know the main couple yet. If the mangaka feels they already got so little to offer that it needs that sort of tone shift, well, that doesn't bode well, does it?

Obviously in the end anything's possible and maybe the first few chapters were a bit misleading and this all turns into a wide-ranging socio-political works or, I don't know, aliens invade or whatever.

But more likely it'll just be MC's calm understanding will sooner or later convince antagonist-girl how wrong she is, and for no reason she'll end up with bully-dude, because that's how these plots go, and it's all sorta meh ^^

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Breaking news, internet is in shock and uproar about a teenager character acting like a teenager

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

I'm observing this manga setting as premise that some "curse" turns cis ppl into trans ("curse" is just metaphoric expression of some unknown power which we call supernatural because we can't explain it, having not enough info what is real cause of transformation)
That premise could easily be the truth (truth revealed to us in metaphorical way, through the riddle of one artwork)

Why I say cis ppl are turned into trans ppl in this manga?
We see only physical "shapeshifting", the essence stays the same
(both characters who turned into girls are still completely aware of themselves who they are/were).
There's no change on psycho-emotional level(characters never expressed "wishes", no gender questionings, etc.)

So, the theory that transgender ppl were cis before is very possible to be the truth. Why?
From where their awareness of being captured in wrong body comes?
It must be before that transformation/shapeshifting, like in manga.
It would confirm that we live more than one life, and that we have some abstract memories (awareness) on our being.
And that we keep awareness of changes through our being (essence) is passing, beyond the time.

Anyway, the word transition applied on trans ppl is telling all.
Let's say that we observe transition as "the journey from point A to point B" (ftm or mtf).
I'm saying here and now, that FULL transition cycle is actually (m)-to-ftm, and (f)-to-mtf!
Someone who was previously male is transitioning and returns to male again, and (previously) female is transitioning and returns to female.
It MUST be full cycle, by laws of nature.
It shows clearly that transgender ppl are not "insane" while being aware who they are from an early age. They just don't have the physical proof.
And I claim it's something before their current existence in transgender form.

So, we actually have to examine this premise given in manga as the truth, and resolve the riddle what is metaphor for "the curse".
(we could say the author is highly inspired, spreading the codded message to us to tell us something what is hidden and unknown for now)

Manga says, it's "the kiss" what FEMALE does to cis man (male), what can change his physical form into female (and it would be vice versa if it is about trans girls. We just have to invert situation).
And, of course, take "the kiss" as the metaphor for something else what cause "shapeshift".
I would also take this premise of "the kiss" as metaphorically given true statement.

Sometimes we are getting true info through visions (in riddles)
It can happen through dreams or through art.
How we will understand riddles, it's upon us and our mindsets.

I'm just saying that I believe that premises of this manga are true.
And I also know a lot that I can say something revolutionary here.
My next step would be to move backward from the conclusion, to find the logic thread which will make full cycle and explain why the conclusion is the truth (in reality of life, I would try to find the answers)
If I assumed correctly, the road of confirmations will become open.
When the cycle is full and confirmation threads connected without missing links, we can say that the premise is proven.
We are experiencing enlightenment in that moment, grasping everything at once.

Sometimes we must act on hunch and believe, before we are able to see "the proof".

Well, I'm now too ahead of time, writing these words.
And it's possible that many ppl won't understand me now.
But I'm curious how much time will pass until what I say here shows as the truth (as confirmed).
Future will tell, and I hope soon.
I would not like to wait too long, for freedom of all of us who have to fight society on gender or sexual orientation levels.
I'm bringing the good news to all of you, wishing you all the happy Day of Freedom and Acceptance!
Let's wait and see that Day soon.
(Try to understand my explanations here about full cycles)

last edited at Mar 23, 2024 3:19AM

joined Aug 1, 2022

Off topic but this manga got me wondering, where are the works about women magically turning into men? The reverse is obviously more popular, but the closest I've ever read is cross dressing to some end. If anyone has any recs I'd love to see them!

Also yeah Mashiro just turning random boys into girls without their knowledge or consent i find super gross and uncomfortable but i do see why. Assuming her reason isn't just "I'm crazy and want chaos fir the lolz" i definitely see how tge curse can really mess up any romance you have if you want any chance at being normal about it. So i do want to see how it gets resolved but this chapter definitely gave me ick.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Off topic but this manga got me wondering, where are the works about women magically turning into men? The reverse is obviously more popular, but the closest I've ever read is cross dressing to some end. If anyone has any recs I'd love to see them!

https://mangadex.org/title/8ebf69e8-2f80-4f1a-b537-43771049be63/watashitachi-wa-moto-joshi-desu
This has been getting scanlated on Mangadex recently. IDK if it's any good though

last edited at Mar 23, 2024 12:07PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm observing this manga setting as premise that some "curse" turns cis ppl into trans ("curse" is just metaphoric expression of some unknown power which we call supernatural because we can't explain it, having not enough info what is real cause of transformation)
That premise could easily be the truth (truth revealed to us in metaphorical way, through the riddle of one artwork)

Why I say cis ppl are turned into trans ppl in this manga?
We see only physical "shapeshifting", the essence stays the same
(both characters who turned into girls are still completely aware of themselves who they are/were).
There's no change on psycho-emotional level(characters never expressed "wishes", no gender questionings, etc.)

So, the theory that transgender ppl were cis before is very possible to be the truth. Why?
From where their awareness of being captured in wrong body comes?
It must be before that transformation/shapeshifting, like in manga.
It would confirm that we live more than one life, and that we have some abstract memories (awareness) on our being.
And that we keep awareness of changes through our being (essence) is passing, beyond the time.

Anyway, the word transition applied on trans ppl is telling all.
Let's say that we observe transition as "the journey from point A to point B" (ftm or mtf).
I'm saying here and now, that FULL transition cycle is actually (m)-to-ftm, and (f)-to-mtf!
Someone who was previously male is transitioning and returns to male again, and (previously) female is transitioning and returns to female.
It MUST be full cycle, by laws of nature.
It shows clearly that transgender ppl are not "insane" while being aware who they are from an early age. They just don't have the physical proof.
And I claim it's something before their current existence in transgender form.

So, we actually have to examine this premise given in manga as the truth, and resolve the riddle what is metaphor for "the curse".
(we could say the author is highly inspired, spreading the codded message to us to tell us something what is hidden and unknown for now)

Manga says, it's "the kiss" what FEMALE does to cis man (male), what can change his physical form into female (and it would be vice versa if it is about trans girls. We just have to invert situation).
And, of course, take "the kiss" as the metaphor for something else what cause "shapeshift".
I would also take this premise of "the kiss" as metaphorically given true statement.

Sometimes we are getting true info through visions (in riddles)
It can happen through dreams or through art.
How we will understand riddles, it's upon us and our mindsets.

I'm just saying that I believe that premises of this manga are true.
And I also know a lot that I can say something revolutionary here.
My next step would be to move backward from the conclusion, to find the logic thread which will make full cycle and explain why the conclusion is the truth (in reality of life, I would try to find the answers)
If I assumed correctly, the road of confirmations will become open.
When the cycle is full and confirmation threads connected without missing links, we can say that the premise is proven.
We are experiencing enlightenment in that moment, grasping everything at once.

Sometimes we must act on hunch and believe, before we are able to see "the proof".

Well, I'm now too ahead of time, writing these words.
And it's possible that many ppl won't understand me now.
But I'm curious how much time will pass until what I say here shows as the truth (as confirmed).
Future will tell, and I hope soon.
I would not like to wait too long, for freedom of all of us who have to fight society on gender or sexual orientation levels.
I'm bringing the good news to all of you, wishing you all the happy Day of Freedom and Acceptance!
Let's wait and see that Day soon.
(Try to understand my explanations here about full cycles)

I have no idea what your point is super to be

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Prince Cinderella's protagonist keeps turning into a boy for half a day, but she's only concerned with others thinking she's a pervert or a cross-dresser if they were to find out (escalated by making up a male persona to approach her crush).

See You On Friday, only available in Korean, is similar to the above in that the protagonist turns male once a week (she uses it to be a boyfriend for hire) and approaches the love interest as a man.

Which Do You Prefer? is a very short femdom smut story with the female lead sex switching whenever she orgrasms during sex, and she can't find a partner who'd accept her condition.

After Midnight protagonist's family has an inhereditary condition of switching to opposite sex during the night and it suddenly develops for her and her siblings.

It Wasn't There, but Now It Is - the protagonist's crush rejects her because he's gay so she accepts sex change pills from a shady woman and becomes a new male transfer student from then on.

My Best Friend Became a Boy is an indirect case as it's not the protagonist but her "I wish she were male so she could be my boyfriend" bestie (together with a half of their all-girls school) turning into a boy.

My Girlfriend is a Real Man is similar but the protagonist is male and it's his girlfriend that changes. The protagonist goes through gay panic and the gilfriend loses some basic life skills in the process (like how to use a razor).

The Mermaid Prince has the male lead fall in love with an exhibitionist mermaid, she evaporates, to bring her back he gives away some of his lifespan, she's reborn as a man and they start living together. It's more about her having no skills in being a human.

Mahou Shoujo Ore is a What the fuck am I reading? comedy with girls becoming magical boys.

In Mao Can't Choose a Gender the protagonist's family can change sex if there's a strong desire for it, and because all the boys she's met were jerks, she ends up not wanting to be a girl anymore. Then she falls in love with her new roommate (the first decent boy she met) and discovers she can switch to and fro by kissing after he sleepwalks into her bed and she accidentally kisses him.

Qy1n9jd3ivu
joined Dec 23, 2018

I have no idea what your point is super to be

No worries. I said for now I don't expect that many ppl will understand what I said. Nobody of you is stupid if you don't understand.
We often can't understand things when we don't have enough info or we are informed wrongly.

I'm just observing things philosophically, using logic conclusions and universal principles in this analyze.

Let's say, it's like when we see the beginning of new manga, and we comment our predictions about how it ends, who is the end-game, etc.
Even if we know (guess) the ending, we must patiently wait for every chapter and enjoy the story in the meantime.
We know beginning (the idea) and the end (the result) of the manga, but we must see development of characters, what they have to pass through to come to the ending point (realization)
That's what I call FULL CYCLE.
It's the universal principle functioning through everything.
The beginning is always one idea, the ending is when that idea materialize and gets its full shape.
And we are able to see clearly ALL PHASES of development.
We finally gain insight into everything and we understand all at once.
We'll know answers on every why? and how? clearly...

I applied same principle on trans ppl, observing situation through premises of this manga (mentioned above)
But let me now be subjective and explain what it means to me, as transgender person.

At the beginning, when I realized that I'm transgender man, it was just one idea of myself (of my true self). I was a man "in an abstract form".
I simply was invisible to others of who I am.
If I wanted to become happy and seen as me and avoid confusions,
I had to start transition to materialize my idea (yeah, it was literally a bulb shining above my head, the Light of truth and source of my happiness).
I had to become materially visible as me to others and to myself, simply for reasons to avoid confusions and uncomfortable situations for me.
One of the examples:
I don't have female sexuality, and I was very uncomfortable if ppl were looking at me seeing and treating myself as a female.

What I pointed above in my previous comment, was that I see transition as RETURN to my original self (through fixing my physical shape)
It's not about my "wish" to change sex, or become something what I was not. I was doing it to realize myself
(it's not connected with full sex change of the body, every transgender and queer person has own preferences or readiness to which point their transition will go, or how they wish to express themselves)
And the universal principle of full cycle is simply the point where they realize idea of themselves and become comfortable and visible enough to function as they are (without being mistaken with wrong ID, etc)

I compared it all with premises in manga, like, cis man (male) is supernaturally turned into female. It presents to us typical transgender situation, when the awareness of the ML is the same. He did not express any trans girl "tendencies" before (what I was arguing ppl here, and as I remember one of your comments, you also said that he is just a normal boy. So I say the same, and I think every trans person in right sex of their body would be like normal (cis person) to everyone)
That's why I say, the theory in manga that transgender ppl actually were cis ppl once turned "supernaturally" (for unknown reasons to us right now) into opposite sex, looks true to me when I apply universal full cycle principle.
In reality, transition is RETURN to self from physical form which does not fit the essence (self).
All what we have to do now is to understand the riddle of "the curse"
and the meaning of "the kiss". Then we'll know everything about trans "phenomena", all what is still hidden from us. We don't have enough info to understand all fully, but I predict it will change in close future.

As I said, I'm just observing the matter philosophically, using logic conclusions and universal principles in this analyze.
And it's all now in form of an idea, where I'm predicting the result based on logic and my personal knowledge and experiences.
So, give me the chance and be patient for the full story to uncoil in it's time.
I guarantee all of you will understand EVERY word I wrote in my comments and see that I am not insulting or harming anyone.

To reply you must either login or sign up.