Forum › 2DK, G-Pen, Aftertime. discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"This story takes place after we started dating"
Well lmao is all I can say, because no English version of the main story I'm aware of got to that part yet, I guess you could even consider that a spoiler even if it's not a big shocker :P

last edited at May 30, 2022 5:53PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

honestly I wonder if this was made as a sequel after the author finished up the original story or if they're multi-track drifting and still making the original while also going "I want to write about them after they've gotten together too"

last edited at May 30, 2022 5:59PM

Beeimbw9_400x400
joined Dec 23, 2021

The original story has been long finished, and I've read glowing reviews of it by Yuri connoisseur Erica Friedman on her website. Unfortunately there is no English translation or release that I am aware of...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

honestly I wonder if this was made as a sequel after the author finished up the original story or if they're multi-track drifting and still making the original while also going "I want to write about them after they've gotten together too"

afaik the original is finish.

joined May 11, 2020

There's 8 volumes of this and about four translated and now there is a translated sequel. This is fine and acceptable.

Lisa Bouzane
Unknown
joined May 29, 2022

It is finished and has been for a while I think, but the original series hasn't been translated into English yet

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Had to read it, I mean, I already knew that they two of them get together and this manga isn't exactly telling us why or how
And I like the characters but it's too bad that we spend 70 % of this extra focusing on jealousy and insecurity, not enough on their lovely dovely parts, but I guess there's the original manga for that, if we get to see it... eventually, mayyyybeeee

Lisa Bouzane posted:

It is finished and has been for a while I think, but the original series hasn't been translated into English yet

In mangadex you can read up to ch15 in english

last edited at May 30, 2022 6:48PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

What’s the last chapter of the prequel again? Mangadex says last volume is 8, we only have up until Volume 4, Ch15. Really wanna read this sequel, but don’t want spoilers :((

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

i won't say i wasn't interested in the possibilities of kaede/koyuki and nanami/ruuko but lbr these two were always endgame, 100%. wait, do we even need to spoiler here? it's in the story tags and is kinda the entire premise of the work anyway...

story itself wasn't bad, wonderful art as expected from ohsawa yayoi. nanami went pretty hard with the whole fake breakup thing, just to teach kae a lesson? idk

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

What’s the last chapter of the prequel again? Mangadex says last volume is 8, we only have up until Volume 4, Ch15. Really wanna read this sequel, but don’t want spoilers :((

Last chapter is 35 + an omake after that

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Last chapter is 35 + an omake after that

Thank you very much! Imma wait until the translation of thee old series is finished.

GreenTeaWytch
joined May 18, 2021

thanks for this, Daylight!

henrytruongfe522
joined Jan 25, 2022

when i first read 2DK and found out there were only 14 chapters translated, i was so worked up that i dug up the whole internet to found all the raw file, downloaded it, used translator on every single damn page to read them all.

That is to say, It's worth it. If anyone could translate the whole manga, I'd definitely read it again.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

I’d still really like to see how they actually got together in the original lol but in the mean time I guess we have this! And more to come as it seems this is a whole volume that takes place after they start dating. I’ll wait a lifetime for the original tho, one of the best stories I’ve read, incomplete or not

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

I’d still really like to see how they actually got together in the original lol but in the mean time I guess we have this! And more to come as it seems this is a whole volume that takes place after they start dating. I’ll wait a lifetime for the original tho, one of the best stories I’ve read, incomplete or not

joined May 31, 2022

when i first read 2DK and found out there were only 14 chapters translated, i was so worked up that i dug up the whole internet to found all the raw file, downloaded it, used translator on every single damn page to read them all.

That is to say, It's worth it. If anyone could translate the whole manga, I'd definitely read it again.

pass the url PLEASE

joined Jun 24, 2021

What are the chances that the original will be picked up again by scanlators? :(

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

What are the chances that the original will be picked up again by scanlators? :(

Most of the groups translating it were doing so on commission, so…

If someone’s willing to pay it could probably happen.

joined Jul 6, 2020

It's licensed and fully translated in Germany. So that was a nice read.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I've been thinking about doing it, crosstranslating it with the Japanese raws and the German release as a supplement but there is no digital version of the German one and I haven't been able to find any scans of it yet either.
Maybe once I have some spare money to buy the physical volumes (or if my Japanese gets good enough first xD)

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Talk about mood whiplash.
Protag's Girlfriend: "I'm breaking up with you! Just kidding, feels pretty bad, huh?"
Protag's Girlfriend a few pages later: "You should always trust me!"
Me: "Are you yankin' my chain here?"

This may be a work of fiction using plot devices for drama, but serious relationship advice here. Don't threaten to break up with your partner to teach them a lesson.

last edited at May 31, 2022 1:50AM

joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, at least now I know they're together. It's a shame this was never licensed.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

but in the mean time I guess we have this! And more to come as it seems this is a whole volume that takes place after they start dating.

It actually looks more like a collection of unrelated one shots (e.g. that stargazing story that just dropped), so I think that's it.

joined Jan 11, 2022

I remember reading the original story a few months ago and was so sad it was never finished.

I'd absolutely love to see the original in English.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I really need the original story now

To reply you must either login or sign up.