Forum › A Mistress Who Tempts Her Maid discussion

joined Jun 11, 2016

omg a continue of the last chapter?? I feel so blessed, thank you scanlation team and Zanka!!

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Reminds me of this:

"Of all the special effects in the movie, the most impressive are the ones that keep the breasts of the many nubile maidens covered to within one centimeter of the PG-13 guidelines. Kelly Hu, a beautiful woman who looks as if she is trying to remember the good things her agent told her would happen if she took this role, has especially clever long, flowing hair, which cascades down over her breasts instead of up over her head, even when she is descending a waterfall."

--Roger Ebert, from his review of The Scorpion King, 4/19/02

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

It's feeling like there's not much continuity? With this author's previous thing, each chapter had a new couple starting at like, 5/10. Here, it's the same couple, starting at 8/10. But she was like, clearly going to finger her already?? Are we jumping back to kissing now?

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

very epic

joined Aug 29, 2019

It's feeling like there's not much continuity? With this author's previous thing, each chapter had a new couple starting at like, 5/10. Here, it's the same couple, starting at 8/10. But she was like, clearly going to finger her already?? Are we jumping back to kissing now?

You mean they should just skip the lead-up, kissing, petting, groping, foreplay, and just jam it in because they've already been inside each other before? I mean, why bother, right? /s

Also

I know it's wrong to feel this way, but...

Silly maid, why would it be wrong? :D

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

That's because, see, the maid is charmingly shy and demure, and so while she might do lewd things in the heat of the moment, afterwards there's a partial reset to charming reluctance and oh-no-we-mustn't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

This premise is getting old very boring

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's because, see, the maid is charmingly shy and demure, and so while she might do lewd things in the heat of the moment, afterwards there's a partial reset to charming reluctance and oh-no-we-mustn't. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

In terms of Zanka's tropes, I think that's exactly right (or rather, the only way to make sense of the apparent repetition-compulsion of each chapter.)

Although the mistress/maid trope is built on a power imbalance, it's striking to me that, of the five Zanka series here, the three non-fantasy (not cat-girl or vampire) series position the Mistress as not the person at the top of the implied power hierarchy who can act on her own desires as she wishes:

• Mistress and Maid: "from a family of status"
  • Mistress and Maid Couple: "daughter of the head of a large business conglomeration"
  • This one: "heiress of an esteemed family."

On the one hand, that just serves to explain why there's a servant in the first place, and why the young mistress seems to be left mostly on her own (except for the maid, of course). But it also implies that it would be a bad thing if any intimate mistress/maid relationship were to be made public, suggesting that the maid's "no, we mustn't" is motivated by the fear of the rest of the family finding out.

So the repetitive structure of Zanka's works becomes an implied critique of the way that the intersection of capitalism and patriarchy serves to repress sexual desire between the classes. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

last edited at Nov 6, 2021 4:01PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

This art seems pretty similar to the previous chapter art.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I love it! Thanks for the translations~

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Oh my! I wonder what scandalous thing the mistress will request in the next chapter :O

joined Aug 29, 2019

So the repetitive structure of Zanka's works becomes an implied critique of the way that the intersection of capitalism and patriarchy serves to repress sexual desire between the classes. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

And once more you have made my day.
DOWN WITH THE BOURGEOISIE! FRIEDE DEN HÜTTEN, KRIEG DEN PALÄSTEN!

In my headcanon the young mistress is always orphaned (or at least living entirely separated from thoroughly estranged family members) and left in the maid's care, there is no family that might find out and also no other family the young mistress might connect with. There is only The Maid. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

last edited at Nov 6, 2021 7:25PM

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Come here for the cute yuri, stay for the praxis.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In my headcanon the young mistress is always orphaned (or at least living entirely separated from thoroughly estranged family members) and left in the maid's care, there is no family that might find out and also no other family the young mistress might connect with. There is only The Maid. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

That's also congruent with most of the (admittedly scant) evidence, certainly, although the "heiress" part may suggest something other than complete estrangement.

And of the many bizarre manga tropes, the "illegitimate or otherwise ostracized child being raised in luxurious isolation because of family hostility" is one of the weirdest to me (it shows up in Kdramas occasionally too, or used to). Sometimes it's the child from a previous marriage, or of a dead family member, but it always strikes me a rather shocking form of child abuse. Like all other forms of child abuse, I guess.

A%20hentai
joined Feb 16, 2016

So all of the mistresses have Batman backstories.

Imagine if Zanka teamed up with a writer so we could get gorgeous and sexy yuri maids, but with plot and continuity. It would be a masterpiece.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Awesome!
When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

last edited at Nov 7, 2021 2:22AM

I do really love this, but I also would enjoy it more with a bit of a plot. Though I know Zanka really doesn’t do plots.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Is it bad that the best part of the last page isn't the Mistress, but the maid butt?

No it's good , very good. Semour buts, I wanna semour buts.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I do really love this, but I also would enjoy it more with a bit of a plot. Though I know Zanka really doesn’t do plots.

it would be a waste to ruin this with plot

just enjoy the Groundhog Day yuri

last edited at Nov 8, 2021 11:06AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

it would be a waste to ruin this with plot

just enjoy the Groundhog Day yuri

Yep, that's what I read Zanka for, it's the same thing every time, it's the same quality every time, I know excactly what I'm getting and I know that I will enjoy it. It's the same with Shimi Iriko.

That said, I wouldn't mind having a non-episodic experiment just to see how that would end up feeling. Would it even work?

last edited at Nov 8, 2021 11:44AM

joined May 24, 2014

Oh behave~!

Ebk63ajwkaeu2_4_1
joined Aug 1, 2020

Yesss. Yes! Burn this into my eyes!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

She doesn't seem all that concerned, I just see two women fucking like rabbits, idk what part of this is "trying to tempt me" my friend you fell a long time ago

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Zanka just likes maids and wants to draw them, no need for plot or justifications. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

10489882_731610843562234_6956319631533867213_n
joined Sep 2, 2014

Man, I know nothing of Japanese, but I wonder if "I want you to fuck me senseless" sounds as hot in Japanese. Zanka, thank you!! And thank you, people for translating this!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.