Forum › The Atelier for Fairies discussion

Mami_freakout_notext_small
joined Mar 18, 2016

At least the boy had the decency to let her out and befriend her.

The boy also had the indecency to stuff her into the box in the first place. He was the one who captured her, so that's all on him.

He could have asked her right there and then to be his friend, and instead he does this.

joined Jun 11, 2016

At least the boy had the decency to let her out and befriend her.

The boy also had the indecency to stuff her into the box in the first place. He was the one who captured her, so that's all on him.

He could have asked her right there and then to be his friend, and instead he does this.

I know they're both terrible but at least the boy:
1. has a decent motive since he's hoping to show his grandma the fairy to help her
2. is genuinely trying to befriend the fairy
Capturing her was wrong but he didn't know how else to get her, since she avoided him anytime they see each other.

The girl on the other hand is just going along with the boy because she likes him and is fascinated by the fairy as an object of observation. And then she got mad(jealous?) when he treated the fairy as a friend. Frankly speaking she's childish and I dislike her attitude.

last edited at Apr 4, 2022 12:30AM

joined May 10, 2021

Nevermind what I said before... That was fucked-up.
Hope she'll be reunited with Kyouko soon.

joined Mar 19, 2022

Man, Kyouko's gonna be rightfully pissed when she find out about Mari getting stuffed in a box like that.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, apparently other fairies have befriended dress makers in the past. ... I wonder if the current queen used to be friends with a human, or knew another fairy who was, and it ended poorly, hence her current antipathy.

Frankly speaking she's childish and I dislike her attitude.

She is a child. They both are.

That said, trapping her like that was pretty awful.

last edited at Apr 4, 2022 2:26AM

1509799_439366076230129_8372175658272119650_n
joined Apr 8, 2013

I love when a manga I'm reading gets an update just as I'm done with the last chapter.
Gonna call it now, Kyouko is not gonna handle things well if Mari makes new human friends, she feels a bit codependent.

exactly what im expecting by the next couple chapters but i hope im wrong

Ba6830e9-5391-43ab-838d-9b1794f709e7
joined Jul 8, 2013

Read the tags too quickly and saw “slice of butt”. I was intrigued, then mildly disappointed.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Read the tags too quickly and saw “slice of butt”. I was intrigued, then mildly disappointed.

hahahaha

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

If the boy has the talent, perhaps Kyouko could apprentice him.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

exactly what im expecting by the next couple chapters but i hope im wrong

It definitely seems hard for her to get close to people, despite everyone in town liking her. I'm curious if there's a backstory to that.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

If she turns into mini-Sei Shōnagon or (wholesome)Hunter S. Tomson I will be very entertained.

If she ended up being a regular Hunter S. Thompson, then I will be entertained

joined May 10, 2021

I really hate that girl.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I feel like this could lead to problems.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I feel like this could lead to problems.

Definitely. Although on the other hand, I don't expect this series to get too dark either.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah, uh oh, fairy on the net what will she do.

joined Mar 28, 2021

Omg, I am very afraid of what could happen to our little fairy/bee. And Kyouko doesn’t know anything about it…
“They are pitiless” (Jean de La Fontaine about children). I hope Kyouko can do something… (Excellent lesson about social media btw).

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

"There's nothing as cruel as a child".
Jet Black , Cowboy Bebob

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

And her redemption arc starts now 9_9

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 10:14AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm. People are talking about how showing up on social media might be bad for Mari, but I don't think that will be too much of an issue, since there isn't much that could let people connect the post to her and it's not like she's a very online person. The biggest things she probably has to worry about are Momo getting overly pushy with pictures and posing or Kyouko finding out and getting worried or annoyed about the lies.

However, I am curious about whether one fairy getting her picture taken and posted might start to effect other fairies. In particular, I'm wondering if seeing one fairies true form might weaken the glamours of any other fairies; it's not like we have much information about why most people can't see them and why some people can.

If she turns into mini-Sei Shōnagon or (wholesome)Hunter S. Tomson I will be very entertained.

If she ended up being a regular Hunter S. Thompson, then I will be entertained

That would require an impressive knowledge of drugs, vulgarity, and generalized misanthropy for someone her age. It would definitely make an interesting juxtaposition to the rest of the story though.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

Binged all the chapters and this is super cute, I really love the artstyle lol. Hope Momo posting Mari's photo in social media won't cause too much problems. Also hopefully her mom doesn't use social media so she doesn't notice lol.

20220118_232511_50
joined Jun 3, 2015

Not me shipping An-chan with Kyouko based on nothing but her look on page two. Fashionable A type single mom x calm seamstress with a small business, yes please. It's atrocious how quickly I sold myself on this.

Anyway, fingers crossed that An-chan finds out about fairies and meets Kyouko when Momo and/or Mari inevitably cause trouble.

last edited at Apr 22, 2022 10:09PM

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

Aoto's was so heart wrenching!
I can't believe the teacher didn't say anything when Aoto's mom said that her son was sewing "just to spite her". Like who starts sewing just to do that? It's a hobby, not a revenge plot.
Marigold's new jacket is so cute!
Dammit! Cliffhanger kun strikes again!

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

love Momo asking Mari for a favor and the favor is "let me menace you for a bit so I can pretend to be evil so Aoto will know exactly what he's missing for leaving"

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I do like how the school decided to handle this in the end, trying to turn it into a positive thing for everyone instead of mindlessly punishing the kids as you'd see in most cases. Of course, with the model being an actual fairy, the situation is a bit more complicated...

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Aoto's mom should look inwards if she's so convinced something is wrong.

To reply you must either login or sign up.