Forum › Black & White discussion

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

The ending was perfect. This manga being hatesex to corporative thriller and a way to go in a lesson of life was such a short journey but amazing. Thanks to the author for well written characters.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

i loved that ending. I wonder how long it will take Junko to learn that while she's stuck on a hamster wheel, while Kayo is moving on with her life. While Kayo found a mentor, who actually wants her so succeed and grow, Junko's left with a bunch of people, who aren't her allies, but her minders. She is their attack dog, and if she steps out of line they'll yank her chain.

What an amazing story. With gorgeous art.

TheSmartestTrashcan
joined Jan 31, 2020

I feel like the story would've been better if it kept the passionate hatesex irregardless of the healthy happy life > toxic work environment thematic message.

Would anyone else have preferred the story altered so, say, Junko started to get ahead by allying/fucking with a Machiavellian boss, but Kayo convinced her she'd be happier if she wasn't fucking people over and was with someone who genuinely cared for her?

What about Junko and Hashimoto realizing they aren't happy, joining Kayo's company and then the 4 girls deciding passionate hatesex is hot so they let Junko/Kayo do it when their competitive urges overflow?

... I really wanted more hatesex.

last edited at Dec 26, 2023 12:51AM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Junko got promoted from being a big fish in a little pond to swimming with sharks in a cold deep ocean. Enjoy your " victory" Junko-san

last edited at Dec 26, 2023 1:51AM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

I wish the final chapter had been more about Junko biting off more than she could chew, and then like on the last page she walks by Kayo like they did, and then a final chapter comes where she realizes that just how big of a pyrrhic victory she got and that Kayo was the real winner.

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

I love it. I fecking love it. When I first came across this, I was rooting for some sort of enemies to lovers arc because that's the kinda trope I like. But I adore the trajectory this took and the maturity of the storyline.

That being said, I shall now be reading "Ayaka is In Love with Hiroko" because I need to cleanse myself with something more wholesome.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I liked both the first half of this manga and the second half of this manga. They were good in their own way. The problem is that nobody warned us about the sudden transition into an entirely different kind of manga and that left me quite confused

That's a win in my book. If it had gone to expectation, I'd have been quite bored.

joined Nov 11, 2013

What a messy manga, the ending even so blank tbh. The psycho girl win but seeing the loser still happy about it, she get angry but cannt do nothing about it, then it end.

The problem is, it make the reader went through much negative emotions, so you expected to have some satisfied ending with an impact on emotion in exchange. But the end is just like some short blank, dry speeching with no highlight, its even feel like its a waste of time. Bad guys dont get what they want, good guy get happy in the end, everyone is expected that, but we expected it can be portrayed in some memorable, interesting, emotional ways, especially when we dont see any value material on its journey, 3 volumes is really a pain to read through it, so the ending should be good enough to convey its negative journey. But its just so blank in the end.
And actually the bad guys dont get what they want ending is also debate in this manga. After all that mess up she done, junko still got promoted in the end, she still got a gf by her side, or can even look for news one if she want. The only flaw on her victory is that the loser didnt get sad like she want. But you get angry by seeing someone you hate still happy when you defeated them is very normal, junko must also come to that conclusion afterward and will not think any deep about it. Junko's world will still moving like she want, nothing change, and she may even live happily ever after, who know, she still success on her job, crushing anyone on her way, and have many lovers as she want.

Definitely wont read any work from this author anymore.

last edited at Dec 27, 2023 1:57PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Junko's world will still moving like she want, nothing change, and she may even live happily ever after, who know, she still success on her job, crushing anyone on her way, and have many lovers as she want

Big doubt

Definitely wont read any work from this author anymore.

Lol, the other work is very much more lightheart than this one.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Junko got promoted from being a big fish in a little pond to swimming with sharks in a cold deep ocean. Enjoy your " victory" Junko-san

Couldn't have said it better myself. Bravo

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

In case anyone here hasn't had the pleasure of working in an office, it's exactly like this, fr

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

i loved that ending. I wonder how long it will take Junko to learn that while she's stuck on a hamster wheel, while Kayo is moving on with her life. While Kayo found a mentor, who actually wants her so succeed and grow, Junko's left with a bunch of people, who aren't her allies, but her minders. She is their attack dog, and if she steps out of line they'll yank her chain.

What an amazing story. With gorgeous art.

That's kind of my thoughts on this. I liked the ending. I did, but it didseem a little Abrupt. Because there were still at a drama even in chapter 16. And then they did a time skip, but that's okay I still liked it.
I was also kinda into that enemies to lover's trope. But for this one I can see how it's better that they didn't end up together. But part of me kind of wishes that Yoshiko was able to bring out a more caring side to Junko/Shirakawa. And even though it's quite simple to have their names being white and black and have them being the opposite of that, as in terms of winning like that's cool and all. It's quite simple but I kinda enjoyed it a little bit. And I feel like without it. Even being said that. Satomi Probably talked out Kuroda's idea for revenge. It kind of sucks that we miss them getting back together and all. But it's still kinda nice... I think the manga could have gone on until chapter 25 or 26 to complete the story in a more fulfilling way.

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 12:25PM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I will say I feel bad for Yoshiko. She got a bad deal. And she's stuck. Also kinda funny how Yoshiko is kinda like Kuroda cause they're both more idealistic. But at the end Yoshiko reflected Junko more than her original upbeat self. I also didn't like chapter 16 where she was just beating down Kuroda even though she wasn't fighting back. Like that was nah. That wasn't it. It was fun in the beginning cause they both tore at each other. Junko is like the worst. Funny how she trapped herself by stepping and trying to trample on other people LOL and she's gotta stay in line now or she's expendable.

joined Nov 26, 2020

I absolutely adore Sal Jiang's ability to write complex and toxic characters. The first chapter shows hints of the two being equal competitors, yet by showing it without saying it Kayo has a heart and Junko doesnt, causing Kayo to put aside her competitive nature to be with someone she loves, whereas Junko's cutthroat, hateful obsession with Kayo leads her to "victory" yet her life is substantially worse in the end and she doesnt even realize it until the final chapter. Another huge W for the GOAT of yuri, Sal Jiang.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2015

Straight up, masterpiece.

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

Straight up, masterpiece.

This

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I liked both the first half of this manga and the second half of this manga. They were good in their own way. The problem is that nobody warned us about the sudden transition into an entirely different kind of manga and that left me quite confused

That's a win in my book. If it had gone to expectation, I'd have been quite bored.

I'm not saying it's bad, I just think the switch in tone should have been more gradual and/or communicated to us

smirkingtyrant
Dog%20me
joined Oct 3, 2018

I just have to say
the part where Yoshiko succumbs to Junko's charm and gets pulled in is SO
SO fkn good.
x.x
I love the toxicity of this

joined Jul 20, 2011

So basically Shirakawa won the battle, and Kuroda won at life.

I hope there is a future omake where poor Yoshiko manages to break free of this toxic relationship. That this would be a twisting of the knife where Shirakawa loses the only worthwhile thing she had is just a bonus.

last edited at Jan 15, 2024 3:08PM

joined Dec 18, 2023

What the fuck i just read

Screenshot_20231023-170322_gallery
joined Oct 22, 2023

Best. Love.

NewtMarshmallow
29216120_985796631584578_7844572378056777434_n
joined Nov 5, 2017

The best manga series I've read so far, almost an emotional roller coaster but it's like I'm mostly feeling on the edge while riding the roller coaster. And the ending was the best thing I've ever read it gave me an impact on life about this kind of toxic competition. Junko is such a scary woman than I thought, I used to root on her but now, I think she deserved that "victory" of hers.

last edited at Jan 22, 2024 3:06AM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Didn't like the ending, ugly granny just had to ruin everything interesting. Also didn't like this sudden change in the story. It's as if the first half was written by an extraordinary child with imagination running out of borders, drawing cool creatures and purple spiky trees or something. Then in the second half a boring adult came and said "No, the trees should be green and leafy!", and the child went like "Yes, mama..." and started to redraw everything.

Skssss
joined May 31, 2023

god that was such a ride and i have mixed feelings on the ending...

Lbeingrllygay
36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

holy shit this was some nuclear wasteland levels of toxicity i hadn't seen in ages. amazing romp.

To reply you must either login or sign up.