Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Hi ^_^
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for any manga or oneshots with a senpai-kouhai relationship(eg. Bloom into you). I don't mind SFW or NSFW :)

My favorite is A Love Letter For The Marching Puppy. It combines traditional yuri ideas about a senpai mentoring a kouhai with the harsh stakes of military life, but without sacrificing cute moments.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

I came across Maple Love and was reminded of an old request OrangePekoe had made ages ago:

I really want to read more yuri manga with girls with wavy hair, like Kawaruokoto, Mizuno & Chayama, or Witch Meets Knight. Thanks!

So if you're still interested in girls with wavy hair, there you go

joined Oct 22, 2021

Searching for best fan-doujinshi. I've read pretty much everything in Love Live, but searching for other pairings that have good stories.

I especially enjoy adult life, and annggssttt with happy endings!

joined Jan 19, 2022

What is your guilty pleasure yuri manga?

16cb7b24-1a34-487b-8a18-c0e02e261863
joined Jan 20, 2022

hey everyone! does anyone know of any yuri manga that has a plot wherein Girl A confesses to Girl B, only to get rejected by her at first since Girl B doesn't realize she actually likes her back too, and they eventually get together in the end? this is super specific but it's been running through my mind since reading straight girl trap lol.

and any yuri recommendations that have angst with a happy ending are welcome too!

Polish_20220813_091412010%20(2)%20(1)
joined Oct 17, 2021

I require assistance. I'm on my gay bitches withdrawal and I need something cute, preferably dumb couples, tsunderes, being-found-out-while-making-out cliche, and a little bit of handholding, pardon my language. Ah also not Chinese for disclosed reasons.

TL;DR: any light-hearted cute yuri recommendations pls.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

hey everyone! does anyone know of any yuri manga that has a plot wherein Girl A confesses to Girl B, only to get rejected by her at first since Girl B doesn't realize she actually likes her back too, and they eventually get together in the end? this is super specific but it's been running through my mind since reading straight girl trap lol.

and any yuri recommendations that have angst with a happy ending are welcome too!

Try "Straight girl trap". It's on mangadex. Chinese manhwa, adult life, coworkers.

What happened here...? Lol

Anyway, I've got one that I think fits your request, @homuranesoberi
It's Sheep And Ice Cream. Unfortunately it's only a two-shot, so if you were looking for a series, sorry to disappoint.
Here's the Former Part and the Latter Part

Personally, the one I liked best from that anthology was I Don't Care About the Music. It's not related the whole confessing/rejecting/getting together thing, but I'd recommend checking it out since you like angst. The tags are pretty self-explanatory, for anyone else who might be interested as well.
Edit: I just saw that I Don't Care About the Music has a second part as well (which I had forgotten about), so you can check it out, if you like the first one.

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 1:20PM

Screenshot%202022-01-09%20112702
joined Jan 20, 2022

So..I liked WDTFS and Moonlight Garden. What now? xD

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Recs with one girl being sorta yandere. Maybe a 'yandere lite' or a 'harmless yandere' type. And the other girl being sorta oblivious about it.
I know i read some here before but i cant remember the title/s.
An exanple at the top of my head would be kotori/umi stories that were inspired from 'no exit orion'.

That's kinda the relationship between Yui and Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri.

joined Sep 16, 2014

That's kinda the relationship between Yui and Chinatsu in Yuru Yuri.

Oh yeah that kinda fits. But also i think yui kinda knows but chooses to ignore it.

Perhaps what im looking for is sorta an "ara ara" type of yandere lite? I dont even know what i mean, lol.

Any sort of recs would be appreciated ^_^

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Is there more stuff from Thailand besides In Your Paws and Your Smile?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

IIRC, Garun was from Thailand as well.

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

There's Lily Love if you can look past the stupid character names.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not sure if there are many who read LNs on here but I'll ask-

I'm looking for light novels along the lines of I've been killing slimes for 300 years, (im up to vol7), Bofuri (doesnt have to be real isekai), that im also reading, kuma kuma bear, Ledale, and Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!

So that is Isekai LNs that are laid back, and/or wholesome generaly - with a super OP female MC.

Can anyone reccomend any? Also- kuma kuma bear and Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! - ive only seen the anime- anyone read and reccomend the LNs? I didnt rate Make My Abilities Average anime that much- they did almost nothing with her isekai/OP abilities as far as the anime went.

last edited at Jan 23, 2022 8:52PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not sure if there are many who read LNs on here but I'll ask-

I'm looking for light novels along the lines of I've been killing slimes for 300 years, (im up to vol7), Bofuri (doesnt have to be real isekai), that im also reading, kuma kuma bear, Ledale, and Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!

So that is Isekai LNs that are laid back, and/or wholesome generaly - with a super OP female MC.

Can anyone reccomend any? Also- kuma kuma bear and Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! - ive only seen the anime- anyone read and reccomend the LNs? I didnt rate Make My Abilities Average anime that much- they did almost nothing with her isekai/OP abilities as far as the anime went.

Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu
Ikinokori Renkinjutsushi wa Machi de Shizuka ni Kurashitai
Fukushuu wo Chikatta Shironeko wa Ryuuou no Hiza no Ue de Damin wo Musaboru
Maybe also Tensei shita Daiseijo wa, Seijo de Aru Koto wo Hitakakusu, been a while since I read the first volume.
Tonikaku Imouto ga Hoshii: Saikyou no Kyuuketsuki wa Mujikaku Gohoushichuu! - sadly seems to be axed after one volume without getting a proper ending, though. And the only one actually yuri in any way on this list.

And in a way Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja might fit as well, but the MC was a guy before finding himself in a girl's body in the game world/isekai.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 12:21PM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

^^^^/^ thanks!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@luinthoron Thanks for the suggestions- I will check all those out! And I didnt mention but while it would be nice, I wasnt specifically thinking of ones that had yuri.

As long as its female MC, mostly female cast, then I can enjoy a story almost as much as if it was yuri :) I wouldnt really be interested in one with het romance, but yuri isnt required.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 4:16PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

@luinthoron Thanks for the suggestions- I will check all those out! And I didnt mention but while it would be nice, I wasnt specifically thinking of ones that had yuri.

As long as its female MC, mostly female cast, then I can enjoy a story almost as much as if it was yuri :) I wouldnt really be interested in one with het romance, but yuri isnt required.

That was more for the rest of Dynasty, but most of those would indeed go for het romance, except as noted (and I'm still not sure in which direction the last one will go). Hard to find a mostly female cast like those you've already read...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Yeah I saw most go into romance which i guess should be expected for a female MC LN- but last alchemist and She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man dont seem to be at least. Im suprised theres even as many as there is since almost all isekai are male mc.

I will try those 2 out and look for more- maybe there's some good female OP MC isekai web novels or manga too I can find..

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Yeah I saw most go into romance which i guess should be expected for a female MC LN- but last alchemist and She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man dont seem to be at least. Im suprised theres even as many as there is since almost all isekai are male mc.

I will try those 2 out and look for more- maybe there's some good female OP MC isekai web novels or manga too I can find..

Oh, Alchemist is definitely romance.

If yuri is what you want, there's also "Omae Gotoki ga Maou ni Kateru to Omouna" to Yuusha Party wo Tsuihou sareta node, Outo de Kimama ni Kurashitai, but the whole reason I didn't include it in my original recommendations is that it's quite the opposite of the laid back or wholesome stories you wanted, as much as the MC longs for such life.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 5:12PM

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

Try Opium. Savior is another good option if you're okay with butches.

joined Aug 10, 2021

I am new to this so sorry for posting this on wrong thread.
I really want to find this, do you know where to read this
To Become an Adult
Alt title: Otona ni Narutte Koto

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^As far as I can tell no group has ever worked on scanlating it, but there are some what I assume is official English digital versions you can buy.

https://www.lilykamanga.com/online-store/To-Become-An-Adult-p139006913

https://www.kobo.com/ww/en/ebook/to-become-an-adult-yuri-manga

https://emanga.com/products/to-become-an-adult?variant=30724993744986

Seems to be about 5 dollars on them all..
(p.s Never used any of these sites so cant comment on them)

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 3:48PM

Screenshot%202022-01-09%20112702
joined Jan 20, 2022

Try Opium. Savior is another good option if you're okay with butches.

Thank you, will try both! Just looking for good stories and appealing characters. And not too cartoony, whatever that means.

Edit: also found I'm More Dangerous Than You - looks promissing, with some hints of dark and twisted.

last edited at Jan 26, 2022 7:48AM

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I'd like to read something quiet. I don't know if that makes sense, but I'd like it to be something more subdued —no fluff, no boisterous comedy, no loud drama. To make it a bit more clear: I'd rather it leans more on the drama side, but I don't want it to have too much shouting/uncontrolable crying etc. It can have romance, it doesn't need to be yuri (though it'd be a plus), but I'd prefer a female protagonist. Ideally, I'd like it to have a more quiet artstyle as well, not the usual cutesy shoujo style.

I was actually reading The Bones of an Invisible Person, by Ogino Jun, recently, and wanted to read something, not necessarily with the same themes, but rather with a similar feel to it. Does that make sense?
Another example could be Ikoku Nikki, maybe?
I'm just looking for something more down to earth (not meaning it can't contain supernatural elements, I'm mostly referring to the way the characters themselves are presented).

To reply you must either login or sign up.