Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

joined Oct 25, 2014

Never is a strong word. Talking to a friend... Like the way Amane talked to her senpai?

Yes. Her senpai being a nasty piece of work doesn't change anything. Talking to someone when you're dealing with shit can be pretty helpful all the same.

Telling her employers to "fuck off" would not have helped her situation in any way.

"Fuck off" was just an expression. The idea was that she shouldn't bottle up her feelings. She should voice her dissatisfaction and frustration, specially to the people who literally make her feel that way.

Distancing yourself from a situation and gaining a new perspective on things can be very beneficial.

That wouldn't help because her problem actually has nothing to do with Amane. She had issues from before she met Amane, and she would continue to bear those issues even if Amane wasn't around anymore. Nothing will change for her until she makes some effort to get over her shit.

If she didn't want to be in a relationship at the time then she shouldn't have been in one.

Except we know she did want to be in a relationship. She broke up just because she was running away.

I never said it did, did I?

But you think that way or you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 4:03AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Phoenix%20picture
joined Jul 20, 2016

Love yourself before you love someone else, I guess.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

But you think that way or you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up.

This is where I realize discussion was pointless from the beginning and drop out.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yes, as expected a stupid reason. Inferiority complexes are such a pain. I think this just makes Nene seem worse to be honest. The only reason she likes Kou and doesn't have those same negative feelings for her is because Kou stands behind the camera and won't be looked at like Amane would... Irrational feelings are irrational.

Kou sure has interesting methods to confront someone though. Pinning her down and almost kissing her was really necessary to ask her a question...?

Well... now we have a reason for senpai to be the actual antagonist, because now whoever wins the contest decides how these relationships are going to work out. It's really stupid to tie the resolution to winning a contest Kou. That was a pretty bad move.
Then again, this is an artsy story, so it's all about the poetic justice.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 4:32AM

joined Oct 25, 2014

^ I think it would be better if Senpai won the contest. I'd like to see what Nene would feel if she found out Senpai won with a picture of a suffering Amane that she took thanks to Nene breaking her heart. Would Nene finally feel some remorse for what she has done? Would she feel regret that she pushed Amane towards someone who doesn't really care about her and just wants to use her suffering for her own convenience?

Nene has to talk with Amane and make amends, but rather than doing so because Kou's picture won, I'd like her to do it because she realized it's the right thing to do. That's why Senpai should win the contest.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 5:04AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^ I think it would be better if Senpai won the contest. I'd like to see what Nene would feel if she found out Senpai won with a picture of a suffering Amane that she took thanks to Nene breaking her heart. Would Nene finally feel some remorse for what she has done? Would she feel regret that she pushed Amane towards someone who doesn't really care about her and just wants to use her suffering for her own convenience?

Nene has to talk with Amane and make amends, but rather than doing so because Kou's picture won, I'd like her to do it because she realized it's the right thing to do. That's why I think Senpai should win the contest.

Aha... yeah that would also be poetic justice in a way... It would also prolong the drama unecessarily, but that's what these soap operas are all about.

But the fancy schmancy artistic idea behind this story is "pictures show the true emotions" and thus what Kou's camera captured has to be the truth that triumphs over the manipulative piece senpai created. That's just how this has to go down thematically speaking, but I'm not opposed to getting surprised for once.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

^Both possible developments are having their charm. But if senpai win it’ll be more interesting, because Nene will need to talk with Amane by her own will.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 5:33AM

joined Jan 26, 2017

I can actually understand Nene's actions now, for a kid at her age I think it was a believable course of action. I just don't think this "If we win this everything will be okay" makes for a good story, not saying that they will just resolve all their issues like magic and without being honest with one another (at least I hope not), but this just makes the senpai automatically the antagonist, because they have to "beat" her, I hope that at least she can have a good conclusion too, she is just as broke as Nene.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Did I just fucking witness a sunken ship be pulled out of the water?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

They just repurposed it into a submarine.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

They just repurposed it into a submarine.

Hopefully, none of the other combatant ships is a destroyer.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well... now we have a reason for senpai to be the actual antagonist, because now whoever wins the contest decides how these relationships are going to work out. It's really stupid to tie the resolution to winning a contest Kou. That was a pretty bad move.

I'm pretty sure Nene will do it regardless of the result

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Making the entire promise even more pointless.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hey, if you take stupid and pointless decisions off the table, this story isn’t going to have much left to work with.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

No, the promise is that it's Kou who will tell the truth if they win not Nene but ultimately Nene will build strenght and wanna tell herself. I don't say that right now she will said no matter what happen. I said that when they saw the results and they (probably) lost, Nene will say "Screw it, i'm gonna tell her anyway"

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

No, the promise is that it's Kou who will tell the truth if they win not Nene but ultimately Nene will build strenght and wanna tell herself. I don't say that right now she will said no matter what happen. I said that when they saw the results and they (probably) lost, Nene will say "Screw it, i'm gonna tell her anyway"

No, actually. The promise is that if Kou's picture wins Nene and Kou will go to Amane and Nene will tell her the truth. It was never Kou.

All I'm saying is that this stupid promise and contest are irrelevant to the situation and they could just go to Amane right away. This is all just for the sake of making things more poetic.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Ah Kou is best girl.
As flawed Nene is, all this is inform by her life experience and she's not social unlike Amane, so her not telling Amane is well teenage thoughts and hoping to spare Amane from her nastier side would grow.
I would say modelling is the issue but Nene loves it.

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap and unfair since for her Kou is a different person though Amane issue is a barrier. Kou's the hopeful girl in Nene's eyes.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

No, actually. The promise is that if Kou's picture wins Nene and Kou will go to Amane and Nene will tell her the truth. It was never Kou.

OK, that was me who remember it wrong.

All I'm saying is that this stupid promise and contest are irrelevant to the situation and they could just go to Amane right away. This is all just for the sake of making things more poetic.

It's not fun when you solve problems right away. Better drag it a little bit so we can make things more awkward. Like,how Nene and Kou are suposs to actin front of Amane right now ? Did they still gonna put the GF act orwill they drop it ? Did Nene still gonna try to be a bitch to Amane now she promise to tell her the truth ?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap

As cheap as Nene's attempt to replace Amane with Kou is I'd say.

It's not fun when you solve problems right away. Better drag it a little bit so we can make things more awkward. Like,how Nene and Kou are suposs to actin front of Amane right now ? Did they still gonna put the GF act orwill they drop it ? Did Nene still gonna try to be a bitch to Amane now she promise to tell her the truth ?

I'd bet she will try to avoid her 100% of the time now. Maybe Amane being so distraught will lead to her not clinging to them as much either.
It sure would be helpful to know when that contest will actually be concluded.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:15AM

joined Oct 25, 2014

As flawed Nene is, all this is inform by her life experience

Informed or not, it doesn't change the fact that what she did was wrong, which is ultimately what matters.

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap and unfair

It's true though. Nene's "attraction" to Kou stems from the fact Kou, being behind the camara, will never compete with Nene for the limelight. All the opposite, it makes Nene the center of attention which boosts her ego. Nene ran away from her problems and tried to cover it up by replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal. Kou is just a convenient and easy way out.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:34AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Sure, we can talk about the problems that led to her breaking up with Amane, but it doesn't help if she'll still find herself thinking the same way after that. So while it would certainly be nice if they could just go to Amane, the idea here is to show Nene that she does indeed look good smiling as well in an attempt to free her from the negative feelings that have caused this whole mess.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal

She will have go out with the photograph woman then.Nene fall in love with Kou because like Amane, Kou told her that her smile is cute. I'm pretty sure at first, she intented just to get a bit flirty with Kou for the whole"make Amane hate me" plan but ended falling for real but still using Kou for her scheme.

joined Oct 25, 2014

replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal

She will have go out with the photograph woman then.

The photographer woman is one of those who keep telling Nene she shouldn't smile. Nene hates those people.

ended falling for real

She didn't. That's why she couldn't smile naturally when hanging out with Kou. Kou noticed right away when she compared the pictures. Their relationship was dead on arrival since Nene's heart wasn't into it to begin with.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:01AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sure, we can talk about the problems that led to her breaking up with Amane, but it doesn't help if she'll still find herself thinking the same way after that. So while it would certainly be nice if they could just go to Amane, the idea here is to show Nene that she does indeed look good smiling as well in an attempt to free her from the negative feelings that have caused this whole mess.

That might seem like a sensible solution if we were in a play, but if you put any thought to it all, there are hundreds of ways to prove that to her. In fact... they told her that dozens of times. If a contest victory is needed then that's pretty dicey. Even worse, Amane is in the pic too, so it could still be interpreted as "we won because of Amane's smile, not mine".

The idea is that when they are together that their smiles become better, but eh. It's pretty contrived.

Minami
joined Jun 25, 2019

She didn't.

She did. It's not as strong as her love for Amane but she surely love her as well. There some clueswho point out in that directions. But in the end it's just that she fall for Kou for the same reason she fall for Amane, end up treating Kou like a substitute. Loving someone who is like Amane without being Amane.

To reply you must either login or sign up.